Prize Cars

• Thread starter gtmaster08
  • 52 comments
About the oxidised thing, wouldn't it be easier to just type "dirty"?

As I rarely leave my car unwashed I cannot pick a good candidate, but I think colours that aren't white/black/grey looks good oxidised. Depends on your taste.

About the luster, I think it's slightly more noticeable on night tracks as the lights' reflections on the car is more pronounced.

Today when I finished the Normal car event in first place I had thought that I was going to get the Impreza WRX in the orange color! But get this; I got a Toyota Supra RZ in "Seafoam Green" color! And don't worry; I'll try to get a picture of it in my garage later. And about the "Seafoam Green", that's the name I gave to the color of the RZ I won. Because after all, doesn't it look like a "Seafoam Green" instead of "Light Green Mica"?

Today when I finished the Normal car event in first place I had thought that I was going to get the Impreza WRX in the orange color! But get this; I got a Toyota Supra RZ in "Seafoam Green" color! And don't worry; I'll try to get a picture of it in my garage later. And about the "Seafoam Green", that's the name I gave to the color of the RZ I won. Because after all, doesn't it look like a "Seafoam Green" instead of "Light Green Mica"?

I think I know which one you're talking about. Isn't it sort of metallic? Yeah, that's pretty.

Last edited:
I know! Oh, and yesterday I won a Green Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution from the 4WD event with yellow rims. Hmm, do you think that for some events other than the "Country races" that there is more than one prize car?

Here;s a pretty good list from gamefaqs.

+-------------------+
| Prize Car Listing |
+-------------------+
This list isn't anything that's not in the big list above, it's just a quick
reference to the prize cars, sorted by race.

License Test
============
B License Test
*Dodge Concept Car (orange-red)

A License Test
*TRD 3000GT (silver)

IA License Test
*Nismo 400R (silver, gray, red, or yellow)

GT League
=========
Sunday Cup
*Mazda Demio A spec (silver)

Clubman Cup
*Chevrolet Camaro Z28 30th Anniversary (white with orange stripes)

GT Cup
*Toyota Chaser LM Edition (black)

GT World Cup
No car is awarded; the "GT Hi-Fi" mode will appear in the Special Event menu.

Special Event
=============
FF Challenge
*Honda CR-X EF-8 Si-R (black, yellow, or purple)
*Toyota Celica SS-II (yellow, blue-green, or purple)

FR Challenge
*Nissan S13 Silvia Q's 1800cc (yellow, brown, or blue-green)
*Nissan Sil Eighty (yellow, blue, or purple)

4WD Challenge
*Mitsubishi Lancer EvolutionIV GSR (yellow, blue-green, or purple)
*Subaru Alcyone SVX S4 (white, blue, or purple)

Lightweight Sports Battle Stage
*Honda EK Civic Type R (pink, yellow, or blue)
*Mazda Eunos Roadster (yellow, gold, or lavender)

US Vs. Japan
*[R]Dodge Viper GTS-R (white with green stripes or white with blue stripes)
*[R]Mitsubishi FTO LM Edition (black or green)

UK Vs. Japan
*[R]TVR Cerbera LM Edition (gray with red trim or gray with green trim)
*[R]Honda del Sol LM Edition (black or red)

US Vs. UK
*[R]Dodge Concept Car (yellow or purple)
*[R]Mazda RX-7 A spec LM Edition (green or purple)

Megaspeed Cup
*Aston Martin DB7 Coupe (white, orange-red, or purple)
*Toyota Soarer 2.5GT-T VVT-i (yellow, red-orange, or purple)

Normal Car World Speed Contest
*Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX-STi Ver.III (yellow, orange, or blue)
*Toyota Supra RZ (dark orange, light blue, or purple)

Grand Valley 300 Endurance Race
*[R]Toyota Castrol Supra GT (black, red, and green, or black, red, and blue)

Hard-Tuned Car Speed Contest
*Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (white, pink, or blue)
*Nissan R32 Skyline '91 GT-R (red, yellow, or blue)

All-Night Endurance Race
*[R]Nissan S14 Silvia LM Edition (red or ectoplasm green)

All-Night II Endurance Race
*Nismo GT-R LM (silver)

By the way, does anyone here know which cars belong in the "A", "B", & "C" classes in simulation mode OTHER than the ones you can race as in arcade mode? If so, please give me the list because this way I can erase my curiosity about this.

Why do you need to know anyway?

I think C Class is for Kei cars and cars below 200 HP. B Class is for those between 200-250 HP. A Class is for those above 250 HP.

Why do you need to know anyway?

I think C Class is for Kei cars and cars below 200 HP. B Class is for those between 200-250 HP. A Class is for those above 250 HP.

Because I like to make lists of things that's in my games, that's why. Plus not to mention, it's like I said; I'm a curious guy!:)

I've always wondered this, too. I never could understand how they made the class system. Is that the official answer? Just a matter of power? Last time we talked about this stuff here was several years ago, and I'm not sure if we ever came up with a conclusive answer. :)

Last edited:
The Clio V6 is not in GT1.

P2W ratios could very well be it, I'm just generalising my answer to gtmaster since it's pretty close anyway.

OH CRAP WHAT AM I DOING TALKING ABOUT GT2 IN THE GT1 FORUM FOR?

Man, I must've gotten confused here. Yeah, gtmaster's got the idea of how it is in GT1.

By the way, does anyone here know which cars belong in the "A", "B", & "C" classes in simulation mode OTHER than the ones you can race as in arcade mode? If so, please give me the list because this way I can erase my curiosity about this.
Well, I could use GameShark techniques to make each model of car appear in Arcade Mode races, and see what fields they end up with.

Also, there's lots of cars in the fields which you can't drive. Presumably the cars the AI drive fit the class restrictions. So you could race lots of races and take lots of notes. There's some prominent cars the AI never races, but most of them are available to the player. (US and UK cars). I don't recall ever finding the per-car class information, but I didn't look around Arcade Mode all that much.

I've tried in vain to find that discussion we had on the subject of how PD set up their class system; can't find it tho. It's buried in one of these forums. :( I'm just trying to find if we ever came to any conclusions in the past.

I don't recall ever seeing a discussion on this. And I've already read pretty much every single thread in the GT1 & 2 forums before I join. Honestly though I couldn't be bothered to know which cars belong to which class. But to whoever who manages to 'crack' the code: :tup:x100.

I don't recall ever seeing a discussion on this. And I've already read pretty much every single thread in the GT1 & 2 forums before I join. Honestly though I couldn't be bothered to know which cars belong to which class. But to whoever who manages to 'crack' the code: :tup:x100.

There was some discussion on this, it was somewhat involved, too. But have a feeling it's buried off-topic in some thread with a name that had nothing to do with the GT class system. :embarrassed::ouch: From what I remember, we never made a conclusion, but I could be wrong on that.

Last edited:
Maybe...I could forget things too...A whole day of searching would find the thread (if any existed at all).

Edit: Just searched it, I think this is the thread you're thinking about, albeit it's in the GT2 forum.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50668&highlight=car+class+a+b+c

It's pretty clear in the first page that Pupik confirmed P2W (or W2P) ratio is the deciding factor for the classes, but on the second page some new members come up with their own random theories and that muddles up the pretty straightforward conculsion. Maybe we can do the same thing (compute the P2W ratios of every arcade car) with GT1?

Last edited:
Yup. That's the one! good job finding it. So maybe the mystery is solved and P2W ratios are the key.

My favorite is either the Cerbera LM, that car is god at the high speed event, and its very agile. My other has to be the Black supra LM, its the quickest of the purchasable LM's, and now i don't need to fork over 500,000 credits:). It also looks great with the blue and red trim.

Well the Camaro IS somewhat cool, but I like the RX-7 A spec that you win from the US vs. England event because NONE of the RX-7's has a paint job that cool!

Back