Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,894 comments
Indeed. Such a good start. Surprised no R8 and Aston Martin. With Toyota so big down here, someone has to enter a Supra.

Live timing. A bit late. GT4 are on track for Practice 1. Mustang P1 at the moment.

Edit: end of session
1. BMW
2. Mustang
3. BMW

Last edited:
GT3 & GT4 Speed Series stream is up on 7+.

Stream for international viewers. Not sure if they’ll show TCR and the other categories.

Wish I saw this earlier. I spent half the GTWC race trying to log back into Stan, only to remember it was on 7 once I finally got in. 🙃
Lots of firsts, globally. Couldn’t have scripted the GT4 race. Or maybe could have scripted it? ;)
Other than that pit lane entry incident good first race for the series. The field would have to grow. The cars are too good.
Longer race, hopefully, tomorrow.

As for the GT3 race, not bad. Really cool to see the Ferraris competitive and the battle at the end. Shame about the Gracie R8.

Good size field.
IMG_4246.jpeg

Chris Pappas in the #8 McLaren isn't there.
There should be another missing as well.

19 for the first round, less Chris Pappas,

18 for this round, including new entry in the latest Ginetta,

🤔 ???

Anyway, I'll be interested see if any BoP adjustments are made, and how the different circuit layout plays with the field.

There should be another missing as well.

19 for the first round, less Chris Pappas,

18 for this round, including new entry in the latest Ginetta,

🤔 ???

Anyway, I'll be interested see if any BoP adjustments are made, and how the different circuit layout plays with the field.
#23 AMG of Ben Newman/Ed McGuire. I missed that.

Yeah, we’ll see if the nimble MR cars make a run for it in the West layout.
IMG_4251.jpeg

#23 AMG of Ben Newman/Ed McGuire. I missed that.

Yeah, we’ll see if the nimble MR cars make a run for it in the West layout.
View attachment 1359332
Other than the T6 - T9 section, I don't see a lot of joy for those looking to counter the point & squirt entries.

They don't like using the full, long circuit layout much, do they.

IMO, it's screaming out for a multi-class production car enduro. Same crowd as the Bathurst 6-hr.

Other than the T6 - T9 section, I don't see a lot of joy for those looking to counter the point & squirt entries.

They don't like using the full, long circuit layout much, do they.

IMO, it's screaming out for a multi-class production car enduro. Same crowd as the Bathurst 6-hr.

A GT3, GT4 and TCR enduro would be classic. If it were like an International Super Taikyu, with your proposed production car entries added to the grid, that’d be cool too. I’d make the trip down.

A GT3, GT4 and TCR enduro would be classic. If it were like an International Super Taikyu, with your proposed production car entries added to the grid, that’d be cool too. I’d make the trip down.
My reasoning for suggesting the same cars as the 6-hour, is they all use the same tyres.

I can see the full layout really mixing up the classes as some go for lap speed over tyre life.
Similarly, a well driven car from a lower class being a proper pain in the proverbial to one from a higher class.

Those sort of races really float my boat.

I just can't see it happening with GT3 & GT4 thanks to the big difference in aero.

My reasoning for suggesting the same cars as the 6-hour, is they all use the same tyres.

I can see the full layout really mixing up the classes as some go for lap speed over tyre life.
Similarly, a well driven car from a lower class being a proper pain in the proverbial to one from a higher class.

Those sort of races really float my boat.

I just can't see it happening with GT3 & GT4 thanks to the big difference in aero.
Ah okay true. Just the 6h production event.

Ah okay true. Just the 6h production event.
They must have been reading my mind...

Today, they announced the '777' Endurance race for Production Cars, Production Sports, Improved Production, SA Tin Tops, BMW E30s, Porsche 944s, Mazda MX-5s, Hyundai Excels and Nissan Pulsars.

9 different categories and a maximum grid capacity of 60 cars.

They used it for the ALMS race but that’s about it, I think?
As a result of not using this as much as the other layouts, I imagine there to be a noticeable difference in grip levels.

This is an assumption based on what usually transpires following a resurface of a circuit.

Back