Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Had a weird one last night,racing Daytona at night I had a power cut, not in real life but on track, most lights went out & it was so dark I couldn't see as I was using the gas turbine lotus 56 so no headlights so I crashed.

Anyways I loaded it up again to see if I could replicate it & record it, it did happen again so expect a video later :)

Last edited:
HEY...... Who turned out the lights :confused: :lol:

Turn up the brightness on your device.

It would be nice to have the option to race the circuit at night without lighting other than the cars headlights. I can't remember when the lighting was fitted, but for some reason 1974 sticks in my mind (Edit: My mistake! it was 1998) - certainly in 1968 there was almost no trackside lighting as you can see from this period highlights film (skip to around 14 minutes in). SMS could offer a classic layout which would be without lighting and without the bus stop chicane - i.e. as it used to be - great for races with the Ford Mark 4 and Ferrari 330 P4.

By the way, the Lotus 56 is gas turbine powered not electric lol! The 1968 race contained an interesting gas turbine sports car - the Howmet TX (number 76) which you can see shortly after 12 minutes - this might be an interesting car for the next installment of Project Cars.

Last edited:
Ran a 20 minute race @ Daytona road course with time accelerated 60x. Ran the Ford GT GTE car with GTE/LMP2 cars on track. 20 min practice, 10 min Quali. Man, what fun!! I know this game isn't perfect and has some issues, but boy is it fun. Ai was 50% and Aggression on 45% (I think that's what it was, what I usually run) as I'm not very good, but had a blast.

Ended up winning class by just over a second.. had qualified 2nd but lead GTE car (BMW) got jammed up in Turn 1 by the LMP's and I snuck under 3 of them. By the time we got to the Turn onto the banking the LMP's motored by on the oval and I had a slight lead that I had to hold for the rest of the race. Only just did and had a great time with it. I ran tire wear and fuel consumption but it didn't really come in to play in just 20 minutes... meed to try a longer race next time. I think I may do the classic GTP cars next.

Ran a 20 minute race @ Daytona road course with time accelerated 60x. Ran the Ford GT GTE car with GTE/LMP2 cars on track. 20 min practice, 10 min Quali. Man, what fun!! I know this game isn't perfect and has some issues, but boy is it fun. Ai was 50% and Aggression on 45% (I think that's what it was, what I usually run) as I'm not very good, but had a blast.

Ended up winning class by just over a second.. had qualified 2nd but lead GTE car (BMW) got jammed up in Turn 1 by the LMP's and I snuck under 3 of them. By the time we got to the Turn onto the banking the LMP's motored by on the oval and I had a slight lead that I had to hold for the rest of the race. Only just did and had a great time with it. I ran tire wear and fuel consumption but it didn't really come in to play in just 20 minutes... meed to try a longer race next time. I think I may do the classic GTP cars next.
You really should. If you can get comfortable in a car, that becomes fun to race with. You're focused on driving the car and not recovering from mistakes. Try a 2016 LMP1 car as well. They can fly through the chicanes and you have more times to lap them.

Hi guys- random question, but does anyone know how dirt accumulation works in project cars 2? I can never figure it out as it seems different by car, and also doesn’t seem to be affected by time acceleration?

Down loaded the ferrari pack today and race mugello circuit for probably first time ever in any race game. What a great "medium length" fast flowing circuit. Was using the Ford GTE car and what a great car it is. I can see this becoming perhaps my top go to track for a quick race. Worth the price even if you do not care that much about the car pack.

Just started playing pCARS 2 again a couple days ago, and after placing the right settings for my controller, I never thought I enjoy the game so much.

I finally gotten the right setting after so long haha. Driving the classic cars that have no assists is such a joy, hard, but a great joy! :D

Do anyone use Sim Dashboard app? It's ingeniously great, recommend it for everyone who want to get rid of annoying HUD and set the proper information on your wheel (pretty useful with gamepad too).

Just came out of a qualifying session at Le Mans, rain with thunderstorm, AI at 100, class GTE, my lap times are 10 seconds faster than all the other cars of my own class and I am only beaten by a couple of LMP2 cars and LMP1. The AI just won't go faster than 270 kmh on the straights.
I reported this months ago, great to see the developers/team/whatever are working on PC3 which will arrive in god knows how many years and we will have to sit here with a game that still has this kind of bugs. They are really going to leave the game like this? No patches? great...
platform: PS4 standard

Just came out of a qualifying session at Le Mans, rain with thunderstorm, AI at 100, class GTE, my lap times are 10 seconds faster than all the other cars of my own class and I am only beaten by a couple of LMP2 cars and LMP1. The AI just won't go faster than 270 kmh on the straights.
I reported this months ago, great to see the developers/team/whatever are working on PC3 which will arrive in god knows how many years and we will have to sit here with a game that still has this kind of bugs. They are really going to leave the game like this? No patches? great...
platform: PS4 standard
If you know you're going to race in rain or snow (without it drying up), bump the AI up a bit, say 105 or 110, in snow just stick it at 120.

Not ideal I know but we all have to deal with it.

Ye, I have no idea of how many patches there have been, I am not enough active or follow the events, I only play the game occasionally, too busy with work, and yes I also meant "no more patches".

On another topic:
I dislike how they eliminated some cars from the previous game, (R18 TDI, Aston LMP1, for example) I remember reading somewhere that they did it because those cars would be isolated since there weren't enough counterparts in the game? But they ended up doing that anyway with cars like that Jeep F-150RTR... and others from the "fun pack", sure they got into a class but it just feels silly...
They also cut out some GT3s, just because they got the newest models? Why not just have a sub-class or separate class per year, like they did with the latest LMP2016 cars? This was a very good solution for that scenario.
I just don't agree with removing the cars because there is a new model.
And remember about one problem that Gran Turismo had about "clone cars"? Well it just feels like it is happening now in Project Cars, there are a few classes now with repetitive cars... "Ferrari Series" ??? APAC/NA/EU ??? Can anyone feel any difference? Also Group 5 Porsche 935s.... two of them only have a change in rear wing...

The Ferrari 488 Challenge is treated as one car, it's just that there are 3 different series it runs in, each with their own real-world liveries, so it is split into 3 to reflect that (most likely due to licensing - similar to why there are 'Endurance' versions of the 911 GT3 R and Audi R8 LMS)

I was driving the Lotus 56 around Long Beach today. It turned out to be quite a disaster with the AI as they made way too many mistakes which probably could be prevented by lowering their aggression. The biggest bug however was that I won 3 seconds or more on them on the start / finish straight

Has there been an update to disable toggling the ABS/TCS/Stability during a race?

Can't seem to do it anymore
No, I was doing it earlier.
Make sure the main driving assist option is not off in the menu (as in darkened out).

It has to be on authentic or full to enable in car adjustment, also as I found out earlier, if you turn your hud completely off you won't get notifications about abs/tc or sc being on/off, high/low.

No, I was doing it earlier.
Make sure the main driving assist option is not off in the menu (as in darkened out).

It has to be on authentic or full to enable in car adjustment, also as I found out earlier, if you turn your hud completely off you won't get notifications about abs/tc or sc being on/off, high/low.
Interesting.

I just booted it up with my Fanatec and with driving assists set to "full" and when I press the button to change ABS or TCS it says "N/A" and keeps the light on

Back