Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
After 2 years of racing randomly in all sorts of cars in all sorts of conditions that this game has to offer + the odd dabble online I finally started career mode :lol:

I must say I'm really enjoying it, I definitely prefer the championship side of it, racing for points (both constructor & individual) screaming at your team mate because he's crap & he loses you the constructors championship (to BMW)

Might set the AI up to 100 or above though, started off with 90/100 in the Ginetta's (jr, gt5, gt4) to see how thing's went but found myself always qualifying in the top 3 then getting away in the race, so then I started skipping qualifying so I started last but still managed to get the wins (there were a couple of tricky races).

Maybe because I've approached the game the opposite way round to most & with all the experience I've gained doing quick races (starting at the back) in different conditions I definitely feel like I'm prepared for what lies ahead.

But so far I'm impressed, even knowing that the weather is scripted I'm looking forward to redoing certain championships using a different car/team.

Also there's all the invitational races to keep me busy until PCR.

Maybe because I've approached the game the opposite way round to most & with all the experience I've gained doing quick races (starting at the back) in different conditions I definitely feel like I'm prepared for what lies ahead.

After about a year layoff from the game I've picked it back up but I'm struggling pretty hard. I'm using my new Formula V2 Fanatec rim instead of my older heavier GT2 rim and I don't know if that's part of the problem or not. I'm getting a lot of bouncing coming back through the wheel. Feels more like I'm driving a boat on rough seas. I don't know if the FFB is more exaggerated coming through that smaller, lighter wheel. I reduced it on the wheel roughly to about half of what it was on the GT2 and cars still toss about. I think I'm going to try the old wheel again just to cross that off as an excuse. If I still struggle I'll know it's just plain rust on my part.

Just released today.
Chiron Sport + SS 300.png

I had to get a PC. I came to the realization that if you want to get into real SIM racing, all the titles are on PC. They are more affordable now than ever too. Addicted to Assetto Corsa as well. With having 500 tracks and 2300 cars, there's more then I can handle.

Just rewind the replay back to the black screen when it starts & the AI should kick into gear.

Sometimes you might have to pause the replay first.

Works for me.

Well, I just tried this again on the replay that prompted that and it seems to have worked. The other cars weren't all parked on track this time though, it was just me alone, I rewound it and still just me, but after half a lap or so the bots all appeared, and then rewinding had them there right from the start. Not sure what was different before, thanks for clarifying that it does work. :)

Now my next question I've never been able to figure out is if there is any way to turn the driver ID labels on and off in a replay. If I forget I have them on at the end of a race I'm stuck with them through the replay, and they seem to turn on when loading a saved replay. Apparently whichever buttons I use to turn them off and on always seem to be mapped to do something in the replay, and don't toggle the labels. I don't know if a replay-unused keyboard button would work, though I'd rather not map that to the keyboard as it's nice to just flip then on and then off quickly to see who you're racing.

I figured out my issue. Because Project Cars 2 ended updates before this Fanatec Formula V2 rim came out, it's not recognized by the game. When I go into the game control settings it shows I have a Thrustmaster wheel. So everything is basically at defaults and the flavor was set on Immersive instead of Raw where I had it with the GT2 rim. I plugged in the recommended settings both on the wheel and in game from the Fanatec forums and then fine tuned the FFB on the V2 rim itself. Once I did that the game felt much better and more normal.

I had to get a PC. I came to the realization that if you want to get into real SIM racing, all the titles are on PC. They are more affordable now than ever too. .

To be honest one thing which always dove me off gaming PC is parts price. They are definitely less affordable than any console at least in my country.
But this mods looks great. I would love to play PC2 with mods.

To be honest one thing which always dove me off gaming PC is parts price. They are definitely less affordable than any console at least in my country.
PC parts are expensive here in Brazil too but depending on what games you like to play PC might be cheaper in the long run.
My PC cost me at least twice as much as a PS4 Pro but it replaced all the consoles I had at the time (PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360), the money I got from selling all my consoles, games, & controllers was more than enough to buy a good PC and a bunch of games. Also PC games are generally cheaper than console games especially if you're patient and wait for a good sale, plus I got a bunch of free games over the years as well as a number of games in cheap bundles. So for someone like me who enjoys games from different generations owning 1 good PC ends up being cheaper than owning several consoles.

For people who only care about the latest games and don't care about older games console gaming is cheaper though.

FS7
PC parts are expensive here in Brazil too but depending on what games you like to play PC might be cheaper in the long run.
My PC cost me at least twice as much as a PS4 Pro but it replaced all the consoles I had at the time (PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360), the money I got from selling all my consoles, games, & controllers was more than enough to buy a good PC and a bunch of games. Also PC games are generally cheaper than console games especially if you're patient and wait for a good sale, plus I got a bunch of free games over the years as well as a number of games in cheap bundles. So for someone like me who enjoys games from different generations owning 1 good PC ends up being cheaper than owning several consoles.

For people who only care about the latest games and don't care about older games console gaming is cheaper though.

Yeah but you won't be able to play those great PS4 exclusives (yet) + console games can be sold/exchanged/borrowed and they also have huge discounts. I think that games prices are not so much different.

But this mods looks great. I would love to play PC2 with mods.
If you wanted to be more honest with yourself, you'd realize that consoles are just a bottle neck for actual racing sims and everything you get is a watered down version. You talk about not being able to play your "exclusives" but at the same time you won't be playing rFactor2, ACC, iRacing, AMS 2, ect. I mean I really don't get what you're driving at on a SIM Racing forum. (lol, driving at)

Could you share the discord link for the Chiron SS and the A110? I'm interested in trying out these mods.
https://discordapp.com/channels/413006977145503764/490312175190016018
The Chiron is a pig. But that was to be expected I guess. Not an easy car to throw around and one downside is that it seems to not have working wipers.

Last edited:
Oh no after the Assetto Corsa vs GT Sport vs PC2 debate and the controller vs wheel debate we are now about to launch the PC vs console debate.

So here are my 50 cents. Don't anyone dare to call someone a non sim racer based on the setup or game he uses. Not everybody has the resources, space or priorities to get a top notch PC with high end wheel and setup. To me someone on a controller can enjoy sim racing just as much on a PS4 as anyone else

Oh no after the Assetto Corsa vs GT Sport vs PC2 debate and the controller vs wheel debate we are now about to launch the PC vs console debate.

So here are my 50 cents. Don't anyone dare to call someone a non sim racer based on the setup or game he uses. Not everybody has the resources, space or priorities to get a top notch PC with high end wheel and setup. To me someone on a controller can enjoy sim racing just as much on a PS4 as anyone else
Happy with my 1X, happy with PC2, happy with a controller or my 2 pedal TX armchair setup :)

Just happy.

Don't pay attention to my username :)

I agree with the statement just because you play a sim on console doesn't make you any less of a sim racer. However, I'm happier after I made the switch to PC. It provides more options and flexibility which allows you to get more out of your hobby. For example, when i played pc2 on ps4 i was dissatisfied with the physics running a full grid, the feel of the car would be less grippy. Now on pc the car feels great no matter the grid size. Also, it's nice being able to make a grid with the specific cars and liveries I want thanks to the custom grid tool mod.

Oh don't get me wrong I definitely see the upside and benefits of racing on PC, the point is that that upside isn't worth it for everybody. A PC for me isn't an option just as an XBOX isn't an option. I use my hardware to game with friends. Buying a PC with setup isn't worth the difference to me. But of course everybody can experience that different.

Of course everyone has their reasons for preferring either console or PC but imo based on the types of games I like there's so many advantages to PC gaming that it makes console gaming not worth it for me even with console exclusives.

I play my PC games in my living room, sitting on my couch, connected to a TV (just like console gaming), using either Xbox 360 controller, keyboard & mouse, or arcade stick depending on what game I'm playing. Most games run well on console these days but every single multiplatform racing sim runs better on PC (same goes for a lot of games in other genres), and there's a number of racing sims that are PC-exclusive and most of them support mods. So in the end for me PC gaming fits better my needs and owning 1 PC actually is cheaper than owning multiple consoles.

I used to be quite heavily into PC (I fitted water cooling way back in its infancy) but grew fed up with the upgrading cycle and expense. Plus the need to often tinker with settings to get things working. For the last couple of generations my personal computer has been a SonyStation, I love the convenience. Click and go. And I don't get Microsoft wanting to enhance my Windows experience with an update every time I switch it on. (The last big update on my laptop took over 2 hours! I'd forgotten what I'd switched it on for by the time it had finished.)
Who knows one day I might dip my toes into PC gaming again. I don't follow hardware these days but I have a friend who wants to give me an Nvidia 2080 and a I7, which I think is quite good.

But anyway each to their own. As long as you enjoy your racing it doesn't matter. 👍

FS7
every single multiplatform racing sim runs better on a gaming PC
;)
Most "normal" computers are probably very similar to console performance. In fact a console specific game can often be outperform.

So i got bored of pc2 on my ps4 and so i reinstalled it on my pc and the first thing i did was MODS :bowdown: following a youtube video it was super easy to how-to install mods in pc2 :D Wish they would mod the 2017 viper acr :D
View attachment 890749 View attachment 890750 View attachment 890751
Some of them are better than others. The Chiron doesn't have wipers for example. The ones that aren't are great for filling in AI grids though. One of the things you need to try out as well, high priority, is some of the FFB profiles on Race Department. They will transform this game. The things people complain about, mainly feeling of cars and the difficulty of keeping them on track, can be amended through some of these profiles. They aren't just settings in the FFB menu, they are profiles within the game structure. I have 3 different ones I'm trying and can't figure which one I like the best but all are better than the original offered by the game.
By the way, there's a Beta Viper GTS-R. I haven't tried it yet but looks nice.

Thanks for that info @Beezer215

Just tried the LFA and damn what a sound :bowdown: just on the sound itself this car should had been in the game from the start.

View attachment 890758 View attachment 890757 View attachment 890756 View attachment 890755 View attachment 890754

EDIT

View attachment 890761 View attachment 890762

@Beezer215 When i click on that discord that you posted i get no links on discord?

@Chikane . . . I don't even know who you are anymore?!?! :odd:

:lol::lol::lol:

Pics look great, as always!

Cars i have install

Bugatti Chiron Sport + SS
Dodge Viper SRT10
Dodge_Viper GTS-R
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Ferrari F50
Ferrari 488 Pista
Ferrari F8 Tributo
Koenigsegg Regera