Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,195 comments
Wait, trying to figure out your average time around the track. And wonder about weather choices you gonna make... hmmm...

120 laps, cutting, from rough 144 with your best time, pits, weather twists, and other minor stuff.

As for the place, again based on last results, could be first.

Not for PM, but to support the site, in that way I only can currently.

Last edited:
Wonderful race night :D

Race start
Project CARS 2_20200628185616.png

First pit stop came out in 3rd place
Project CARS 2_20200628191557.png

As night falls :)
Project CARS 2_20200628193838.png

Giving up first place to make a early pit stop for rain tires :(
Project CARS 2_20200628200602.png

Oops :banghead:

Switching to slicks with a still wet track ( taking the chance) :bowdown:
Project CARS 2_20200628202744.png

Ok slicks may had been a mistake :banghead:

YES :cheers::gtpflag:
Project CARS 2_20200628203337.png

Last pit stop :)
Project CARS 2_20200628204815.png

Results :)
Project CARS 2_20200628205920.png

Last edited:
Wonderful race night :D

Race start
View attachment 935900

First pit stop came out in 3rd place
View attachment 935901

As night falls :)
View attachment 935902

Giving up first place to make a early pit stop for rain tires :(
View attachment 935903

Oops :banghead:

Switching to slicks with a still wet track ( taking the chance) :bowdown:
View attachment 935904

Ok slicks may had been a mistake :banghead:

YES :cheers::gtpflag:
View attachment 935905

Last pit stop :)
View attachment 935906

Results :)
View attachment 935907

Where are the little explanation blurbs? Not that I don’t love the pictures because I do but I also like it when it comes with a little explanation from you on what each picture is

Since Monza Historic here all over the place, gonna to share some first impression. Weird enough it isn't so popular track online, so I had tried it for the first time just today. It was rain, and 935'77, so I took nearly maximum of experience. Track felt very short, in compare even to Silverstone, and this huge puddle actually not as hostile, as those on Hockenheim. Track very friendly, and don't turns into a pool even after long rainy session. Got my time near 1:31, didn't had a chance to race it in clear conditions, but I hope someday to return - liked the track.

@Bloodytears I love monza classic i have over 60K miles driven on this track and i'm 0% tired of it :D

Tonight's race was fantastic a mix of modern and classic cars.

Some highlights.. The beauty of pcars 2 to be able to do a race like this with modern and classic cars :bowdown:
Project CARS 2_20200630190428.png Project CARS 2_20200630190957.png Project CARS 2_20200630191530.png Project CARS 2_20200630192355.png Project CARS 2_20200630192751.png Project CARS 2_20200630193259.png Project CARS 2_20200630195644.png Project CARS 2_20200630200953.png

Race Start
Project CARS 2_20200630185719.png

A pass for first with 26 minutes left.

Less then 20 minutes left in 2nd place down by over 30 seconds
Project CARS 2_20200630200512.png

Pit strategy was what save my behind in this race against those two fxx-k :bowdown:

Results
Project CARS 2_20200630202932.png
Project CARS 2_20200630202945.png

I guess a long break from the game made me appreciate it quite a bit. I know it's not perfect, but I'm having tons of fun with it. Not sure what it is, but somehow it's the only racing game in recent times that I truly enjoy racing in. All sorts of Forzas, GTS and AC (original) are collecting virtual dust. Maybe I'm biased, but if I could only play one racing game this would be it.

I guess a long break from the game made me appreciate it quite a bit. I know it's not perfect, but I'm having tons of fun with it. Not sure what it is, but somehow it's the only racing game in recent times that I truly enjoy racing in. All sorts of Forzas, GTS and AC (original) are collecting virtual dust. Maybe I'm biased, but if I could only play one racing game this would be it.
I'll add to your theme about having a new appreciation for this game:

I bought ACC for PS4. For the first couple of days I was going back and forth between that game and PC2, the game I've loved for two-plus years.

I had determined at the driving was better in PC2. Then, I'm just going to delete ACC off the PS4 what is sighted to try to exclusively for a couple of days before I did that. I ended up loving ACC and told myself I didn't think I would go back to PC2. Actually, I thought if I did go back I would realize it was a dated, much inferior game.

So after a few days of only ACC, I played PC2 yesterday. I couldn't believe how much I loved it. Renewed appreciation even though I hadn't been away from it for long

Man tonight's 2 hour races has hurt me so much :(

First time doing a p1 gtr only race and boy does the ai suck at driving this car.:banghead:

Over 6 seconds slower then me.
A few corners where there in the wrong gear and i know there in the wrong gear.
They use DRS but there not to good at that either.
It was like watching new drivers learning to drive for the first time.

Really hurt me seeing the ai driving my beloved car that badly.

I have been driving on PC2 for about a month, still driving on time trials trying to learn cars, tracks, and the game in general. I have noticed a problem that is driving me crazy . . . what is this about bla bla bla "lap time invalidated". It comes up on the screen too quick for me to read (hence the bla bla bla) but I have noticed that I can't seem to locate any lap times on the tracks I am trying to learn. i use these time to determine if I am getting any better. Any help is appreciated.

I have been driving on PC2 for about a month, still driving on time trials trying to learn cars, tracks, and the game in general. I have noticed a problem that is driving me crazy . . . what is this about bla bla bla "lap time invalidated". It comes up on the screen too quick for me to read (hence the bla bla bla) but I have noticed that I can't seem to locate any lap times on the tracks I am trying to learn. i use these time to determine if I am getting any better. Any help is appreciated.
You need to stay within track limits for your lap times to count. Some limits seems very harsh, some are pretty relaxed, so you will kind of have to learn where to pay close attention to not get that warning. Also, if you go outside the track limits on the last sector of the lap, the next lap will also be invalid (yeah, this IS very annoying, but just have to be careful knowing this fact).

You need to stay within track limits for your lap times to count. Some limits seems very harsh, some are pretty relaxed, so you will kind of have to learn where to pay close attention to not get that warning. Also, if you go outside the track limits on the last sector of the lap, the next lap will also be invalid (yeah, this IS very annoying, but just have to be careful knowing this fact).

So anytime I exceed track limits the lap is invalid, ok good to know. So in order to get a valid lap time in the system I must drive slow which kind of is an inaccurate way of tracking improvement over time. Oh well thank you for the guidance.

Is there any way to extend the time warning message is on the screen? I am not quick enough to read the messages usually because I am trying to keep the car on the track.

So anytime I exceed track limits the lap is invalid, ok good to know. So in order to get a valid lap time in the system I must drive slow which kind of is an inaccurate way of tracking improvement over time. Oh well thank you for the guidance.

Is there any way to extend the time warning message is on the screen? I am not quick enough to read the messages usually because I am trying to keep the car on the track.
No you can go has fast as you can just stay within the track limits.

Just keep practicing and you'll learn the limits to each track which well help you improve your time.

You can also change the way your laptimes are shown on your screen during your races. Go to the controls and change the settings at your HUD (heads up display). I have binded a button to change between previous lap time, potential lap time and fastest lap time.

Is it my luck but i cant get to snow or blizzard in monza classic.

Set weather to winter
4 random slots
Nothing

Been trying for a while now.

I now i can set it to snow or blizzard but what's the fun in that i want it to happen via a random slot.

:(

Is it my luck but i cant get to snow or blizzard in monza classic.

Set weather to winter
4 random slots
Nothing

Been trying for a while now.

I now i can set it to snow or blizzard but what's the fun in that i want it to happen via a random slot.

:(

There was some snowy seasons in Italy, try specific dates. Like second of February 1956.

@Chikane_GTR -- :lol:

Or accidentally going out on a cold day in a car with only one choice of tire that just can't cope. Or you forgot to go through the sluggish menu to create a custom setup for the sole purpose of adjusting the brake ducts and/or tire pressure for one single race. Or you pit for wets because it has started to rain but you get new slicks because "Automatic by Weather" decided it isn't really raining yet, and you failed to properly create a pit strategy, even for one single race on a car you rarely use.

Yeah, I don't care for the simplification of the tire model, but I get what they were doing.

@Wolfe :lol:

No i was doing some hot lapping with one weather slot set to random and it just starts raining while i'm on slicks.

Not really that hard to get back to the pits for rain tires which i did easily.

And a fun fact the fxx-k is my second most used car in the game. :P

No i was doing some hot lapping with one weather slot set to random and it just starts raining while i'm on slicks.

Not really that hard to get back to the pits for rain tires which i did easily.
I understood. I was just adding to the poking at PCARS2 vs PCARS3. :)

It's not that hard if you know what you're doing with the game and are familiar with the relationships between track conditions, tires, and brake heat. PCARS2 does little to teach or assist with that, though, and it's still cumbersome.

It would have been nice if PCARS3 kept the details and pitstops, and helped players not to end up with the wrong tires or setup so easily.

I understood. I was just adding to the poking at PCARS2 vs PCARS3. :)

It's not that hard if you know what you're doing with the game and are familiar with the relationships between track conditions, tires, and brake heat. PCARS2 does little to teach or assist with that, though, and it's still cumbersome.

It would have been nice if PCARS3 kept the details and pitstops, and helped players not to end up with the wrong tires or setup so easily.

That seems to be something of a sim-disease. pCARS does have a lot of tips and such but still fails to explain some fairly basic stuff about how racing works, and doesn't make immediately clear how important some of those things are. Sims in general have a strong tendency to expect everybody who plays to already be fully familiar with all the nuances of racing as well as all the different features of the many many cars. Hell, ACC only covers one series and one care class and as far as I know(it's been stuck in my endless backlog for a long time now, only have a few hours) it still doesn't explain the rules or how the cars work very well at all.

I realize you can't ever cover everything, but when a game doesn't even make more than a token attempt to explain anything it just serves to further alienate any non-hardcore-dedicated-fans who just want a fun game to play that drives more like the real thing.

One of many things that gets lost in the whole "there's not very many sim racers so we can only focus our budget on so many things" development process I suppose. And we are rather demanding about wanting them to get a lot of difficult things exactly right.

Back