Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments

https://www.madnessgarage.fr/post/pc2-mods-porsche-919-evo-in-homage-to-st%C3%A9phane-bellof

Also.
If you haven't tried this new FFB, it is well worth it. This is by far the best I've tried so far. The connection to the car is accurate and just feels right. It has turned PC2 into a whole different experience. It's not even PC2 anymore, it's better. The precise feeling through a DD wheel has never been better.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...er-FFB-New-custom-FFB-file-for-Project-Cars-2

Last edited:
Just finished my first ever league race, eventually was the hardest to start with - Monaco with 935 combo, in multicalss GTO/Gr.5/Gr.4 - 1 hour. The positive side I have finished, 3rd in class and 9 overall. The worst side, a pit crew didn't changed tires, only after third attempt, that's pretty sad, could placed better over all. Next race going to be Spa Historic, the most appropriate place for my car of a choice. Here is the replay

Multi-class at Monaco? Your league admin is a bit of a sadist. Back in the day the tyres would easily last an hour - so much for modern tyres. Hope your next race goes well.

That was always my dream setting, but with different combo, something older GT3, Gr.A and perhaps GT1. There still enough of space for 20 cars.

Well, kinda wrong and right about tires, first half of the race I had a very massive wear, got half of the front, saving up rear for an emergency tailbreaking. After changing on a new set, changed bias to equal, and barely wear any. Despite hard corners and temperatures, it is still possible to have "normal wear". If that wasn't Porsche, I could make 3 stints with softs and have better laps, but didn't want to risk it in that car. I have tried this strategy in private testing. Thanks, I'm hoping too.

Uninstalled

I can't play this game with DS4

I have not a wheel.
And with all settings to 0 (sensitivity and dead zones)
LOL
emot-thumbsup.gif

Seriously though, maybe one of the dozen other people in here who use a controller can help you. I've come to the conclusion that PC2 was designed to be used on PC with Triples and a DD wheel and does not cater very well to the other end of the spectrum. Maybe why they did what seems like a complete 180 with PC3.

I've come to the conclusion that PC2 was designed to be used on PC with Triples and a DD wheel and does not cater very well to the other end of the spectrum.
I think it feels great on my stuff. See signature. ;)

And as a very long time wheel user I can play it quite well on a controller with very few adjustments. It's getting used to the handling model that takes the time, not so much the controller.

I think it feels great on my stuff. See signature. ;)

And as a very long time wheel user I can play it quite well on a controller with very few adjustments. It's getting used to the handling model that takes the time, not so much the controller.
I went from controller on PS4 Pro, to Thustmaster T300 on PS4 Pro, then T300 on PC and then finally DD2 on PC with custom FFB Files. Needless to say the last step was a "Oooooohhhh, there it is" moment. Not saying the others are unusable but I see what they were after. I couldn't imagine trying to figure it out on a controller again. The biggest part of keeping the car facing forward is feeling that wheel slip through the FFB.
I can see why newbies on controller get fed up and uninstall because it's frustrating to spend days figuring it out, (settings wise), then learning the engine model on top of that. Also explains why there are people that are looking forward to what PC3 supposedly offers (from what they say at least).

I couldn't imagine trying to figure it out on a controller again
I found it fairly easy, I only tried it just to see what it was like one recent evening. BUT that was because I was so used to PC2 that I knew what to expect from the cars I ran with. For someone jumping straight in it certainly can be a little daunting.

That's why we like to try and help in the Pcars section.

Also.
If you haven't tried this new FFB, it is well worth it. This is by far the best I've tried so far. The connection to the car is accurate and just feels right. It has turned PC2 into a whole different experience. It's not even PC2 anymore, it's better. The precise feeling through a DD wheel has never been better.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...er-FFB-New-custom-FFB-file-for-Project-Cars-2

Well you finally got me to try one of the custom FFBs I never get around to trying. After fiddling with it for half an hour or so I do think that's a nice improvement on the original. Gets rid of the "numb" feeling you can't quite ever get away from with the default options, and what's happening just seems to translate more naturally to my hands. I think I'll probably stick with it at least for a while. At first it felt like there was nothing there but he says he set it up using a CSW which I'm sure has a lot more force than my T300, so once I turned the volume back up to about where I used to have it things felt much better.

Well you finally got me to try one of the custom FFBs I never get around to trying. After fiddling with it for half an hour or so I do think that's a nice improvement on the original. Gets rid of the "numb" feeling you can't quite ever get away from with the default options, and what's happening just seems to translate more naturally to my hands. I think I'll probably stick with it at least for a while. At first it felt like there was nothing there but he says he set it up using a CSW which I'm sure has a lot more force than my T300, so once I turned the volume back up to about where I used to have it things felt much better.
Cool!
Try Chistiaan's FFB from the Project Cars Forum. That's what this is derived from and it has settings for belt driven wheels. I have a T300 as well.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/archive/index.php/t-66720.html

It takes merely a couple clicks and rename or re-locate your old custom FFB file to try new ones so why not.

Cool!
Try Chistiaan's FFB from the Project Cars Forum. That's what this is derived from and it has settings for belt driven wheels. I have a T300 as well.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/archive/index.php/t-66720.html

It takes merely a couple clicks and rename or re-locate your old custom FFB file to try new ones so why not.

That's the one I kept saying I was going to try before I saw this. I might check it out, as you say it's really easy to do. You just have to spend a little time adjusting the in-game sliders to tweak for your specific needs. Which I can do in practice... but probably shouldn't in qualifying. :)

Another case where I don't regret having only played the game with the DS4, where shoddy FFB cannot be an obstacle.

Here's hoping PCARS3 will be universally praised on FFB wheels, giving me more hope for being rewarded for the effort.

Side note, most circuits in the UK are either Airfield circuits (as above, Thruxton and Castle Combe), or Park circuits which started life as the roads inside country parks or stately homes. Examples of park circuits would be Brands Hatch, Donnington and Oulton Park, and these do tend to have significant elevation changes.

I know I'm very late to the party, but I just caught up with this thread and enjoyed the exchanges about Silverstone and other circuits. I also don't enjoy modern Silverstone, but that is mainly because I am so bad at that circuit - I find the blindness of the corners and the extreme width makes it very difficult for me to judge braking and turn in points - it tend to be my worst circuit relative to other drivers. On the other hand I love Silverstone Classic in PC2!

The Park circuits that I can think of are Cadwell, Oulton, Donington and Crystal Palace although sadly that one is no longer with us and hasn't been in any recent games.

Some circuits are based on old perimeter airfield roads and feature a stately home - e.g. Goodwood and (I think) Castle Combe.

@Scaff - I would guess that Mallory Park is also a Park circuit? - I haven't seen that in any games

Brands Hatch isn't really a park circuit although it has a lot of elevation changes - it was originally a farm, but soil conditions were very poor - only suitable for mushrooms. It was originally used for bicycle racing (1926 I think) then grass track motorcycles (I think 1929). Tarmac was laid in early 1950 and the first car race was around Easter time - the track used to run in the opposite direction. The Druids extension was opened in 1954 and at this time the direction of the circuit was changed. The GP extension was added in 1960 with the first British GP held at Brands in 1964.

Brands was used for storage by the Army in WW2 and a lot of cans of petrol were "lost" on the site at the end of the war. When a car club started racing at Brands in 1950 petrol rationing was still in place. The discovery of a large number of petrol cans on the site was very helpful to the budding racers!

For anyone interested in the history of Brands, there is a very nice book by Chas Parker with a Foreword by Bernie Ecclestone - called "Brands Hatch" - I paid peanuts for it last year with its sister volume on Silverstone - both are copiously illustrated and great value.

I also don't enjoy modern Silverstone, but that is mainly because I am so bad at that circuit - I find the blindness of the corners and the extreme width makes it very difficult for me to judge braking and turn in points - it tend to be my worst circuit relative to other drivers. On the other hand I love Silverstone Classic in PC2!
That's it, exactly. Extraordinarily challenging for no satisfying reason. And I also prefer Silverstone Classic way more, though I haven't driven it much.

Cool mini history lesson on Brands Hatch. That's one of my favorite UK tracks. :)

Whats the tracks with the most elevation change? i ask as ive literally only played 2 tracks so far and fancy something up and downy (technical term)

Algarve is also quite the roller coaster for a more traditional track, with several very tricky corners to puzzle out.

Edit: Was going to mention Watkins Glen too, decided to keep it to one. And I had forgotten about the Horse Thief Mile! Haven't driven there in ages... wow that thing is a paperclip carved into the side of a cliff.

Edit 2: I guess "traditional" might not actually be the best word... more like "typical." It's a very modern track just with lots of undulations.

Last edited:
Dunno, if it is me, or PC3 news made it, but amount and quality of newcomers kinda putting me off. Switch to GT Sport for an ease, imo Project Cars with Mario Kart fighters just... no go.

I assume you mean in the online community?
I would think that is their intention with PC3. It's selling out. There's just more kids that play games on console than there are adults with sim rigs.
And it sucks.
I don't know if switching to turdismo spurt is going to help that one bit and whenever I used to give it a go after the 3 months of being on real sims, I was always left saying, "what the **** is this?". Still going to try PC3 though, but it's a no buy and no support for me until there is any resemblance to what we've come to like already. Already bought two versions of PC2.

Back