Project CARS 2 Hands-On Preview

The FAQ about HDR being temporarily broken? I'm sorry i didnt see that, if that one was there.

(sigh)

The FAQ clearly stated that the game will support HDR on both consoles. It didn't with the Day 1 patch (which turned out to be a Day 0 patch really, since reviewers got it before release). Just about everyone got the right idea based on these two facts, that this is a bug, which was confirmed by the latest patch notes. There was never any need for questions or answers from the devs, but you still got one.

We must be on Candid Camera.
Don't know how many people have answered already.

53b54b58e0.png

The game is not released yet, when it is released a patch that is already available will re-enable HDR, why do they need to inform us of HDR not working in a version of the game that nobody will play officially?

The sceptic in me tells me that this is all a tactic to paint the game in a bad light.

Oh, God! How many people asked about HDR because of purchasing tv's or setting up their monitors, or as a factor in chosing will they be playing this or that version of a game.

Well before anyone knew anything of what you speak of! Do you understand how you are just being condesending generals after battle, ignoring its route.

But developer new.
Now, the situation was that plenty people were asking question but being avoided in obvious manner - instead of just being told well, for ps4 it will be enabled promptly...

Why are you laying it on me, when:
- More people asked.
- It should have and could have been answered.

It was a mistake for not telling about it!
Not for people confused by avoidance on that (especialy when at FAQ they state Yes - it confuses the hell why not then here as well?).

- More people asked.

And yet seemingly you are the only one who can't let this go. Why?

The FAQ was clear, available for everyone (even before the reviews) and we are still talking a pre-release game. The answer was pretty clear for most people out there I think: HDR will be in, one way or another.

It may hurt the game a little, if the reviewers who brought this issue up won't also mention the official FAQ or new patch, but Ian posting here about it wouldn't have made much of a difference in sales I think. Also, if someone doesn't buy a game solely based on HDR support, I don't think they are really interested in it anyway.

(especialy when at FAQ they state Yes - it confuses the hell why not then here as well?).

So they should repeat themselves on every forum about this? What do you think is the purpose of a FAQ, if not to prevent developers repeating themselves?

DEVs create FAQs but people don't bother reading.

Even when answered in a forum, a couple of pages later the same question repeats... and again... and again... and then crossposts pop-up... :D

Oh, God! How many people asked about HDR because of purchasing tv's or setting up their monitors, or as a factor in chosing will they be playing this or that version of a game.

Well before anyone knew anything of what you speak of! Do you understand how you are just being condesending generals after battle, ignoring its route.

But developer new.
Now, the situation was that plenty people were asking question but being avoided in obvious manner - instead of just being told well, for ps4 it will be enabled promptly...

Why are you laying it on me, when:
- More people asked.

Not for people confused by avoidance on that (especialy when at FAQ they state Yes - it confuses the hell why not then here as well?).

Just FYI, Ian and the other SMS devs have ABSOLUTELY NO obligation to answer any question on GT Planet.
Yet, they're still here giving as much pre release info as they can.
And you still feel the need to impute them with dishonesty?

Posts like these are the reason why almost every developer avoids direct contact with the community...

And actively kept avoiding any real answer to perfectly simple questio, btw.framed positively.

Only answer was "It's in? :)" with question mark - and then actively refusing to clarify what do you mean. Not really honest!

And it was always adresed to the American as well, not just incredibly busy, understandably, you.

And when I posted questions with quotes from a big number of other interested members, it got deleted in minutes and myself almost banned :D

Good.
He doesn't have to be here like he has been all year volunteering great information about Project Cars 2.
Put yourself in his shoes logging into GTP everyday with hundreds of questions, can only do so much friend.

And actively kept avoiding any real answer to perfectly simple questio, btw.framed positively.

Only answer was "It's in? :)" with question mark - and then actively refusing to clarify what do you mean. Not really honest!

And it was always adresed to the American as well, not just incredibly busy, understandably, you.

And when I posted questions with quotes from a big number of other interested members, it got deleted in minutes and myself almost banned
He's not Mr Burns laughing evily behind his computer screen as he purposefully avoids your question. I'm sure he may have missed it and assume it was a part of your other ramblings.

Your post got deleted and you were almost banned because mods deemed you were breaking forum rules. There's no conspiracy behind either of those things.

Back