Project CARS 2 Patch and Update Discussion

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,396 comments
It's the protocol used to connect 3rd party apps. So CrewChief and other apps should now work with consoles too. 👍

Hmmm, I doubt CrewChief would work since that's a standalone app that has to run on a PC, correct? Or maybe you can run CrewChief on a laptop and have it get the info from the console? But dash apps on mobile phones/tablets should work now and if you set the Protocol to PCars1 then any old apps that worked on the first game will work on the new game (though may not have any new features added for the new game).

Or maybe you can run CrewChief on a laptop and have it get the info from the console?
I think UDP apps are pretty agnostic of the source as long as they have a port they can connect to. ;) But don't shoot me if I'm wrong on that account. :P

I think UDP apps are pretty agnostic of the source as long as they have a port they can connect to. ;) But don't shoot me if I'm wrong on that account. :P

Yeah, as I was typing that I was thinking it through and realizing it probably doesn't matter what the source is as long as it's communicating over the correct channel. Which it should be able to do now.

Set-ups not saving is not listed or i miss it. Personally Can't waitto are if tyres now works in career mode.

has anyone tried/compared the new (changed) standard PS4 controller settings and can provide some informations please!?
id like to know if standard is better now and what adjustments are "needed" to perfect the controller expirience!

Well this list for PC includes:
• Improved driving line assist.
• Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.

Whereas PS4 screenshot doesn't seem to show these improvements. Could it be the PC patch is different than the PS4 one?

On PS4 There is a new option for udp settings. You can choose pcars1 or pcars2. I've not tested that yet but it's probably been forgotten in the patch notes.

I remember with PCars1, on some occasions the patch notes didn't include every fix/update in them........Sometimes it's nice to have an extra surprise or 2! :D

I hope this patch includes the number of laps for the race, being displayed somewhere in the game screen once you join a lobby? Also the the ability to invite players once you have gone to track, how those two can be overlooked/missed out?

Looking forward to my button box (hopefully) working though, plus my PCars app. We will see....My hopes have been dashed somewhat since getting this part baked release. The potential is there, but I think, personally, the release date was somewhat optimistic and a rush to get it out before the 'others'.

Having had a brief go at career mode (only starting in carts) seems a little easier to control at least it's playable. Got my first career race done and then really struggled afterwards but seems slightly easier

I hope this patch includes the number of laps for the race, being displayed somewhere in the game screen once you join a lobby? Also the the ability to invite players once you have gone to track, how those two can be overlooked/missed out?

Looking forward to my button box (hopefully) working though, plus my PCars app. We will see....My hopes have been dashed somewhat since getting this part baked release. The potential is there, but I think, personally, the release date was somewhat optimistic and a rush to get it out before the 'others'.

Mate, are you up for some online Championship?

I haven’t seen many posts complementing the game, think il stick with f1 for now until these issues are sorted. It really does beg the question, why release it when it’s clearly got too many issues ? Perhaps the devs didn’t listen to feedback, I don’t know. It’s really not acceptable to publish it and charge people for an unfinished product.
You mean like F1 2017 !!!!!!!!

Almost 10 am and still nothing nice job sony America.

Maybe blame Trump, not Sony! :D

haimkDf.gif

Does the In-Car Menu function better now?
For me, the ICM has probably been the #1 pain point addressed in this patch. I'm interested in seeing how they've changed it.

Speaking of, what apps are you guys using for PCars2? I have DashPi on an old iPhone that I use for my dashboard display, it works fine but I might like to try something different. Looking at RS Dash, looks nice but seems to be only one HUD layout and you have to pay for each game you want to use with it. I use DashMeterPro on an Android tablet for telemetry and tire info.

Speaking of, what apps are you guys using for PCars2? I have DashPi on an old iPhone that I use for my dashboard display, it works fine but I might like to try something different. Looking at RS Dash, looks nice but seems to be only one HUD layout and you have to pay for each game you want to use with it. I use DashMeterPro on an Android tablet for telemetry and tire info.
The CrewChief app doesn't work anymore?

Hi Karsten, been a while. I am in a series starting once the game gains some stability and less bugs. What day do you run? Time is the thing I am lacking these days unfortunately. The league I race in runs on a Thursday.

Monday! Tcr Championship of you are interested I'll link it to you

I use Pcars Dash on iphone.

Yea i like it, it has different screens to use, I think it would be more useful if I used it in a tablet, dont know how other apps work but you can map different screens to buttons on your wheel, I seem to remember scaff recomending it somewhere for pcars1.9B22686C-C1EF-4113-B0CE-F2BC9B0881FB.png 4F16B7DA-B04D-4F89-B0E4-2204AC454645.png 58AD56FD-B7D9-41CE-ABDD-FFF7675AF044.png 09373C9D-225B-407F-A1E4-F23D174F0667.png FF7237E7-7B55-42E3-BBC0-0489AB8E3DD2.png E91FBC61-1612-4B75-837F-A022C87FB4A3.png

Trajectory indicator is fixed. Excessive overseer too! I'm trying the Formula c on Brno and it's a lot more stable car. I can focus of being fast and not only stay on track. Still the issue on this track where the AI cuts the first corner like crazy. Ai pace seems a lot better and constant than before on the same race.

Back