Project CARS 2 Screenshot Thread

Looking at some of the pics in this thread it looks like any IMSA related branding is absent past the GTLM decal on the Ford GT. I wonder if perhaps SMS decided not to bother with IMSA liveries unless they were factory teams?

Looking at some of the pics in this thread it looks like any IMSA related branding is absent past the GTLM decal on the Ford GT. I wonder if perhaps SMS decided not to bother with IMSA liveries unless they were factory teams?
I'll say it's because they don't have the IMSA license. The PWC liveries shouldn't have this.

stumbled upon this https://motofzr1000.smugmug.com

pCARS2QA_2016_09_17_18_49_00_545-X2.png

pCARS2Gld_2016_07_03_15_22_40_706-X2.png

ss004136-X2.jpg

pCARS2Gld_2017_01_18_01_31_43_523-X2.png

Last edited:
You mean people can no longer cut every apex at Laguna Seca and go faster?!?
Depends on how quickly the dirt comes off and which direction the next corner is. For example you might be able to cut 5 and 6 and be fine for the corkscrew and cut 11 and be fine for 1 and 2.

Depends on how quickly the dirt comes off and which direction the next corner is. For example you might be able to cut 5 and 6 and be fine for the corkscrew and cut 11 and be fine for 1 and 2.
I wouldn't expect it too stay on that long, but if you cut the apex you should go off track on exit or have excess wheel spin.

I wouldn't expect it too stay on that long, but if you cut the apex you should go off track on exit or have excess wheel spin.
On a tight Corner Maybe but not on a high-speed corner where there is very little weight on the inside wheel.

On a tight Corner Maybe but not on a high-speed corner where there is very little weight on the inside wheel.
There is little weight but the inside tires are still very important. That is after all how it is mathematically determined if a car will oversteer or understeer due to weight transfer. Decreasing inside tire grip will have a very noticeable effect.

There is little weight but the inside tires are still very important. That is after all how it is mathematically determined if a car will oversteer or understeer due to weight transfer. Decreasing inside tire grip will have a very noticeable effect.
Again, not in all circumstances. In corners you can take flat out where the speed is high enough that loss of traction isn't an issue would be the most obvious example where a decrease in traction will have little to no effect on the car.

Again, not in all circumstances. In corners you can take flat out where the speed is high enough that loss of traction isn't an issue would be the most obvious example where a decrease in traction will have little to no effect on the car.
You mean like the last turn at Silverstone? If you degrade the inside tires grip enough you're still going to understeer or oversteer.

Edit: It's like racing in the rain. The tires coeficient of friction goes down when it's wet so you have less grip. Same concept with dirt, sand, grass, etc.

Last edited:
You mean like the last turn at Silverstone? If you degrade the inside tires grip enough you're still going to understeer or oversteer.

Edit: It's like racing in the rain. The tires coeficient of friction goes down when it's wet so you have less grip. Same concept with dirt, sand, grass, etc.
No it won't. There's no oversteer or understeer when you are travelling in a straight line after a corner as I described above. In the game, by the time you reach the next corner the dirt will have scrubbed off and it'll have no effect.

No it won't. There's no oversteer or understeer when you are travelling in a straight line after a corner as I described above. In the game, by the time you reach the next corner the dirt will have scrubbed off and it'll have no effect.
I'm talking about in the corner not after you have already made it through the corner. If you cut the apex you are still in the corner.

Back