Project Cars 2 v1.4 Update Now Available on PC — Consoles Coming Soon

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 217 comments
Any link please to the PS4 patch note/changelog?
First post here. It's the same thing as PC just ignore the PC specific changes. I'm not angry at you but I don't understand why more people don't realize that. I thought it was obvious but whatever. No hard feelings.

Using photo mode in racing games to convince us the graphics are amazing is a bit like Obama saying he was going to make the world a better place which of course turns out to be a pure lie like the majority of politicians. Just tell the truth the graphics do not look like that when racing.

Its already been done and exact same screens have been took of each game and Pcars1 looks quite a bit better. Pcars 2 biggest problem is the awful AA, agressive LOD changes and the weirdskyboxes at dusk n dawn that seem to be full of squares and artifacts.

Here I thought those images are from live game play and not from Photo Mode. But I was referring to live game play graphics. Even watching the replay videos were bad in graphics.

Had a race round Imola; GT3 class, 25 AI @80/70 and I must say they drove the first few corners cleaner and more sensibly than I can ever remember. That bodes well for 1st lap carnage reduction.

The ultimate test will be LMP900s at Bathurst, as the start/finish straight is usually a hilarious nightmare with that class.

Looking forward to the xbox update. Those Pit lane merges were spooky.

Not even close to GTS in terms of graphics. I own PC2 on PC, which obviously looks better than PS4 and GT destroys it graphically. No contest.

So does need for speed. Which would you rather play?

Not to sound old or crotchety or whatever you wanna call it but have you tried not caring about graphics as much? Can I interest you in not caring about graphics as much? There's a whole other gameplay world you can sink your teeth into if you don't care about graphics as much. I've never been good at sales pitches... :D

Not to sound old or crotchety or whatever you wanna call it but have you tried not caring about graphics as much? Can I interest you in not caring about graphics as much? There's a whole other gameplay world you can sink your teeth into if you don't care about graphics as much. I've never been good at sales pitches... :D
It's the jaggedy painted white track boundary lines that get to me. I can handle jaggies elsewhere, but at some tracks it looks pretty bad and can be distracting to me.

Even so I don't see how anyone can think it's a bad looking game though. And when people say 'wah PS2 graphics' you just gotta roll your eyes and laugh.

For me graphics is the most important but functionality is also important. I am more on the car enthusiast side rather then the racing side.

The new opposite lock feature is an interesting addition; it seems to offer a facsimile of self-aligning torque instead of just force-correcting a slide, making it feel pretty natural. It'll take a bit of getting used to and I'm not certain I'll keep it on, but with some practice it makes even the Radbul MX-5 drivable enough to at least get around a track.

Other cars that were extra twitchy for seemingly no good reason before appear to have been improved as well, such as the BMW 1M Coupe and Corvette roadcar. 👍

I meant Wolfe’s DS4 settings, not just the opposite lock aid. Can I find them somewhere?
:cheers:

Code:
Steering Sensitivity:   10
Throttle Sensitivity:   45
Brake Sensitivity:      45

These sensitivities control the linearity of input from the controller.
0-49 is slower near the center/low end and faster at the end of the axis.
51-100 is faster near the center/low end and slower at the end of the axis.

Code:
Speed Sensitivity:      75
Controller Damping:     85

Speed Sensitivity controls the maximum steering lock based on your speed, and also how much you can countersteer.
Setting it lower = greater steering response.

Controller Damping controls the maximum rate of steering.
Setting it lower = quicker steering response.

PC2 of course. Just saying graphics, even on PC are pretty meh. Def nothing to clamour about.
Okay? But they're not PS2 or even PS3 level bad so what's so bad about it? Now-a-days it's like if it's not groundbreaking it's crap.

I'd like to genuinely know what you specifically don't like about it. Same with @ExoticMachines so we can discuss it and not argue.

I just updated on ps4 but before that I was playing assetto corsa. I have this strange feeling that the 11gigs sitting on my ps4 are the new rallycross and cars that I have to fork over 10 bucks to play. Oh and I just had the 34878-0 crash also. at the time I was looking at the ferraris that aren't in the game. I'm probably gonna go back to AC or GTS.

-The large size for the update is because it includes the code for the next DLC, as is standard these days
-No one is forcing you to "fork" over anything

The new opposite lock feature is an interesting addition; it seems to offer a facsimile of self-aligning torque instead of just force-correcting a slide, making it feel pretty natural. It'll take a bit of getting used to and I'm not certain I'll keep it on, but with some practice it makes even the Radbul MX-5 drivable enough to at least get around a track.

Other cars that were extra twitchy for seemingly no good reason before appear to have been improved as well, such as the BMW 1M Coupe and Corvette roadcar. 👍

:cheers:

Code:
Steering Sensitivity:   10
Throttle Sensitivity:   45
Brake Sensitivity:      45

These sensitivities control the linearity of input from the controller.
0-49 is slower near the center/low end and faster at the end of the axis.
51-100 is faster near the center/low end and slower at the end of the axis.

Code:
Speed Sensitivity:      75
Controller Damping:     85

Speed Sensitivity controls the maximum steering lock based on your speed, and also how much you can countersteer.
Setting it lower = greater steering response.

Controller Damping controls the maximum rate of steering.
Setting it lower = quicker steering response.
Cool thanks! 2 questions:

1) that’s for stick steering right? Or motion control?
2) what deadzones do you use? I’ve got them all set to 1 (not sure if 0 would work reliable even if my controllers are quite new).

Cool thanks! 2 questions:

1) that’s for stick steering right? Or motion control?
2) what deadzones do you use? I’ve got them all set to 1 (not sure if 0 would work reliable even if my controllers are quite new).
I tried Wolfe’s settings but ended up dropping brake and throttle sensitivity down to 30 along with adding 10 to deadzone. Not sure if deadzone is really required but seems to help a bit. Reason i did this is i found them way too sensitive and nonlinear for the way i drive. Every time I applied brake or throttle with DS4 I felt like it should be around 30-40% but id end up hitting around 75%. It’s definitely great to have options to tune it to your liking.

Still, even with the most optimal settings, I’m about 4-5 seconds per lap slower than with my wheel and pedals.

Reporting in project cars 2 works offline but I did some private testing left that and I was in screen when you see your car and track combination. I reconnected to internet and then backed out to go to main menu guess what? It crashed :( then tried to open p.c.2 again, no fun pack displayed and still crashed :( oh dear :(

Also search super Gt on YouTube he has controller settings for both Project Cars 1 and 2 and his 2 setting really feel good and help out. Feels playable :)

-The large size for the update is because it includes the code for the next DLC, as is standard these days
-No one is forcing you to "fork" over anything

The way they do this is not on imo, if someone does not want the dlc why force them to download it? It should be in the store and if anyone wants it they download it.

The way they do this is not on imo, if someone does not want the dlc why force them to download it? It should be in the store and if anyone wants it they download it.

I don't think you are forced to download the actual DLC. I think what he was saying is that they include the code for the DLC in the download that allows you to get the DLC IF you want it. I've got the season pass and I had it for PC1 too but for each DLC I had to go into the store and download it. The Fun Pack doesn't interest me since I don't do rallying or snow/ice driving so I won't be downloading it. But I don't think I'm forced to take it.

I don't think you are forced to download the actual DLC. I think what he was saying is that they include the code for the DLC in the download that allows you to get the DLC IF you want it. I've got the season pass and I had it for PC1 too but for each DLC I had to go into the store and download it. The Fun Pack doesn't interest me since I don't do rallying or snow/ice driving so I won't be downloading it. But I don't think I'm forced to take it.
Even if you're not gonna use the cars you should still download the Fun Pack. You have the season pass so it's not going to cost anything. At least you'll get an extra car to race against in Vintage GT-A and you can use the Group B cars as regular race cars. They have a default setup for tarmac/circuits that's different from the rallycross setup. They run on slicks. Couldn't hurt to check those out and ignore the big truck, drift Mustang, and rallycross tracks.

The update included the new dlc people on pc have cracked it and playing it before release hence why the patch is so big.

I tweaked and settled at these settings with an increased steering deadzone of 40 :) I find these nearer to other games I use on DS4 and find this is the sweet spot for slow inputs and for me to get most cars around the tracks without changing. Slightly different to Wolfe etc but Is anyone able to test these and see what you think?

Project CARS 2_20171219140007.jpg Project CARS 2_20171219140025.jpg

P.s thanks @Scaff I managed to get a few sharp decent pictures. I think adjusting shutter speed slightly also helps focus too. :cheers:

Last edited:

You need it downloaded so the car shows up when you're racing against it online, regardless of whether or not it's unlocked for you to use

...Can I interest you in not caring about graphics as much? There's a whole other gameplay world you can sink your teeth into if you don't care about graphics as much. I've never been good at sales pitches... :D
In fairness, some of us like the other 'whole other' world of photo mode as well as the standard one of driving/racing the same tracks with the cars you have ;) I know a few can be obsessive about that on occasion but it does have its fans, especially now that the graphics level has reached that zone of almost photo-realistic possibility.

There are also a few of us who are terrible at racing but pretty handy with photo mode, though in retrospect, pretty much all of those I know who are keen photo mode aficionados are very, very good at racing...so maybe that's just me.

In essence though, whilst it might not be such an important thing for some, once you've been bitten by that bug you do tend to see a game's potential through the eyes of its photo mode and graphical presentation.

PS I'm not talking about this game by the way, as I haven't yet put more than a morning into it in total.

Last edited:
Back