Project CARS 2 Will Look Great on PS4 Pro, But Even Better on Xbox One X

It better. It must, becuse racer games are basicaly "coridor games" (like in "coridor shooters) and that means that Jaguar procesor on XboxX will not be totaly bottlenecking the performance. As it does bottleneck anything open world type and even slightly open shooter like Destiny 2...

Great that my favourite genre will not suffer here at least!

They said before that the game runs in native 4K on Xbox One X. But what about Pro? I'm sure the only real difference will be resolution. We should expect some checkerboard solution on Pro... but we don't know the exact figures yet and we don't know if the difference will be noticable for the average player.

Different story on the base hardware of course. The regular PS4 struggled a bit with PCars 1, but at least it delivered 1080p, something i expect from PCars 2 as well. The original Xbox One could be in trouble, PCars 1 was stuck with native 720p as far as i remember.

We might have a situation like this on PCars 2...

High-end PC, Xbox One X: Native 4K
PS4 Pro: Native 1600-1800p
PS4: 1080p
Xbox One: 720-900p

But the main question is: Which one looks better? Project Cars 2 or Gran Turismo Sport? :confused:

I can tell you what will be better to drive (offline or online).How it looks is all about replays.
With that said,GTS propably will look kinda better and only using Ps4 Pro.If you add PC in the mix then.....

So, what he actually meant was it will perform better, if graphically the version will be on par for the two consoles - it will look the same - semantics, I know but words in press releases/interviews are important.

Still no new PS4 Pro Gameplay.....
It's like :banghead:

But seriously, this time in 6 weeks I could have spent the whole day playing the game.
So in about 5 weeks time the game needs to have been sent off for printing and packaging, sent all around the world, and probably sitting in warehouses waiting to be trucked to game stores everywhere.

And yet we still don't have official console technical specs or details.
Let alone some dev. videos.

The longer this continues the more concerned I'm becoming.

It's like :banghead:

But seriously, this time in 6 weeks I could have spent the whole day playing the game.
So in about 5 weeks time the game needs to have been sent off for printing and packaging, sent all around the world, and probably sitting in warehouses waiting to be trucked to game stores everywhere.

And yet we still don't have official console technical specs or details.
Let alone some dev. videos.

The longer this continues the more concerned I'm becoming.

Showing the best images is better for sale, owsome 4k this and that........ on pc. Dont like that, then your not proud on your console product if your not showing.......

So, what he actually meant was it will perform better, if graphically the version will be on par for the two consoles - it will look the same - semantics, I know but words in press releases/interviews are important.
Huh? it seems pretty straightforward, and aligns perfectly with it playing the same, but looking different. The underlying physics will be the same throughout, but it's the visuals that will get handed to the Xbox One X if you choose to get that console.

Viljoen expresses key gameplay mechanics, such as the physics engine, need to remain the same across all platforms. Not wanting players to have a “lesser experience” depending on the platform

While visual fidelity suffers to deliver a uniform driving experience, there’s no cause for concern. Both the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X will be more than capable of ramping up the eye-candy. However, according to the Game Director, the One X will have an advantage over Sony’s souped-up machine.[/qoute]

Viljoen continues, speaking to the game’s inherently adjustable game engine and its ability to scale according to platform

I'm sure performance will be relatively similar. Although, while I think about it, I wonder if the ramp up on the visuals of Xbox One X side of things will cause a hit on FPS? I remember reading an article about how they aren't aiming for a locked 4k60fps like other games, so that may be a bit concerning.

I spent $1300 (*edit CND) on a custom built PC. That's "low end." I can safely say I can not afford PC gaming. I'll stick with consoles for video games. Unless you are willing to shell out $2000 bucks for a computer don't bother.

I spent $1300 (*edit CND) on a custom built PC. That's "low end." I can safely say I can not afford PC gaming. I'll stick with consoles for video games. Unless you are willing to shell out $2000 bucks for a computer don't bother.

My low end computer was $2500 (BBD). And 1300 CAD isn't that bad.

Back