Project CARS 3 bug reports

• Thread starter breyzipp
  • 167 comments
So if I choose thunderstorm or rainy conditions in a Practice event, the ground will be wet but as soon as I gain control of the car after the little intro thing it does, the ground is no longer wet, it's dry! Even though it's pouring with rain, the ground is dry. And this affects handling, it still feels like driving on dry tarmac rather than wet tarmac, so it's not just a graphical bug, it's also tied to the amount of grip. So weird.

If however you choose to go into a Race instead of Practice, it works fine, the ground stays wet.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I really hope to see this fixed, among other things that need to be fixed.
Yup same happen to me i pick practice track condition drenched and you can see the track drenched but as soon as i start the practice the track is dry.

And the funny thing is the car is still on rain tires on a now dry track.

Well a bug dry track. :crazy:

Also, I am not sure if is a bug, or is intentional, or is just me not finding the way.

Is it possible to watch a replay immediately after the race without having to save it?
As far as I know - no, you can't watch a replay without saving it first and going to the menus afterwards.

The interface of this game is not thought through at all.

I've won every single event from Road E all the way to Road B. Haven't unlocked any Challenge events at the end of the career from the World Series championships in Road E,D, C, B despite finishing them in 1st place.

I've won every single event from Road E all the way to Road B. Haven't unlocked any Challenge events at the end of the career from the World Series championships in Road E,D, C, B despite finishing them in 1st place.

Same. I hope they fix it and unlock these events retrospectively. I'm not too eager to replay those championships just because of a bug.
@Zeitoss @cosme -- You can still watch an abbreviated instant replay from the pause menu.

Thanks! Still would be nice of them to add a separate button in the after race menu.

Ok, here are mine.. uff. (XBox One S)

Major issues:
3 times the game crashed to home page after starting the race in Schedule Races (online). After qualifications.
A few times got disconnected during Quick Races (online).
Can't compete the first Hot Lap event in road A because the lap start as invalidate.
Can't complete now 3 drafting + pass challenges.

Annoying issues:
Occasional freeze. During career races or applying a livery. Need to restart.
During the Indy Challenge (career) on Indianapolis the game always freeze on lap 15. Managed to pass by pausing the game on lap 14 and right after lap 15 start.
Game goes mute. Need to restart.

Minor issues:
Wrong flag during celebration (online).
Cars with custom livery are invisible on the grid menu (online).
Custom livery replaced during championship races (career).

Well I got it now, those pixelated white splashes on the screen are light reflections. I first thought it is simple glitches, but they keep appearing at rain tracks. And exactly on haze weather at Dubai truth had been revealed. Dunno if I need to make a screenshot of it, or everyone already found out too.

What a joke this game, ok, I'm not able to see a car's badge, ok, Everything around so blury, ok, but those popping out white blinking on the screen is a straight garbage.

Annoying issues:
Occasional freeze. During career races or applying a livery. Need to restart.
During the Indy Challenge (career) on Indianapolis the game always freeze on lap 15. Managed to pass by pausing the game on lap 14 and right after lap 15 start.
Game goes mute. Need to restart.
For me its the same for indy but the weird thing is i can do a 99 lap race around indy with the fxx-k without it crashing or freezing but when i try to use another car on indy my game freezes.

Also, I am not sure if is a bug, or is intentional, or is just me not finding the way.

Is it possible to watch a replay immediately after the race without having to save it?

No, you have to save it first. What were they thinking? Also, you can't watch a replay of your practice, it must be a race to be able to get the option to save the replay. It's all the little things that really make you appreciate GT Sport and how polished it is.

For me its the same for indy but the weird thing is i can do a 99 lap race around indy with the fxx-k without it crashing or freezing but when i try to use another car on indy my game freezes.
Custom events work fine for me. I did the same race (indy car + 20laps) and the game didn't freeze. But maybe I just got lucky.

And one again, Rivals is locked out, can’t select a thing. What on earth is the point in a daily activity if it can’t be accessed?

Whenever I put upgrades on, the PIR reflects the new score, but when I leave my garage and go to the career mode the PIR returns to stock, even though the race has no restrictions mentioned. Anyone else having this issue?

And one again, Rivals is locked out, can’t select a thing. What on earth is the point in a daily activity if it can’t be accessed?

It happens always to me when I load the game first time, or when I switch from Career to Rivals.
The solution I found that always works is to stay idle in the main menu for 5-10 secs and then Rivals gets unlocked again.

Maybe some slow / weird communication with their servers?

It happens always to me when I load the game first time, or when I switch from Career to Rivals.
The solution I found that always works is to stay idle in the main menu for 5-10 secs and then Rivals gets unlocked again.

Maybe some slow / weird communication with their servers?
Will give it a go

PS4 version...

First bug: I unlock all cars for purchase, except level 5 Cars... I'm on lvl. 14.

Second.
Hot lap is invalided just aftet start...

Last edited:
PS4 Pro.
Playing Career Road B and I'm loose racing sound just after staring events. On races pit engineer speaking voice still work. If I go with PS-button to PS menu sound still can be heard but it's crackles. If I close PC3 then PS menu sound returns to normal.

PC: I've got a new bug that makes the game pretty much unplayable for me. My HUD has completely gone. No map, no rev counter, no xp, nothing.

PC: I've got a new bug that makes the game pretty much unplayable for me. My HUD has completely gone. No map, no rev counter, no xp, nothing.

On PS4, there Is a button for switch the HUD on and off. Try check keyboard/controller mapping...

Last edited:
After reading @the13PeSK comment how the drafting and passing bug got fixed I reinstall the game and surprise. I did all the 5 missing ones at the first try. 👍
But it didn't fixed the invalid lap bug at Capitolio Passion. 👎

After reading @the13PeSK comment how the drafting and passing bug got fixed I reinstall the game and surprise. I did all the 5 missing ones at the first try. 👍
But it didn't fixed the invalid lap bug at Capitolio Passion. 👎

No, it didn't, I've checked that straight away after successful drafts as well :mischievous:

No, it didn't, I've checked that straight away after successful drafts as well :mischievous:
I knew there was no update but it gave me hope. I tried drafting and passing on Mojave (road E) almost on daily basis and never managed. After reinstall I did all of 5(2 on Barcelona,Mojave,Brno and Somoa) missing in one sitting. So whatever it was it got fixed. And it all happened because of your comment. :cheers:

...And it all happened because of your comment. :cheers:

I was just trying to set the fastest lap here:

1-png.956340

...and the other target suddenly popped shortly after drafting the whole traffic on the start of the race :cheers:

(therefore I couldn't focus on going fast anymore :lol: )

I have cut this out of another post of mine.

PS4: The Challenge Accepted Trophy, Complete 20 Career Objectives in Challenge Events, is bugged. You have to deleted the game (not your saved game file) and reload with the original disc version to get this. Note: you cannot redo already completed events!

BTW I did get the trophy

Back