Project CARS 3 Developer Blog Explains New Tire Physics, Confirms Pit Stops Are History

One major thing about PC3 that tickles me ol' bones.

A thing I've strived for since I started playing "sim" racing games, be it on or offline*, is being clean - a little rubbing, a little, is absolutely fine, but try to avoid hitting opponents. I'd rather hit the grass overshooting my braking point than ram another car. And I really don't think it's just me trying to be as clean as possible...

But: In PC3, you can gain XP for ramming your opponent off the track... "All the sim you could ever want".... right..

* Which is not nearly as much as I'd like and I'm not very fast either - I still think my point is valid though.
Take a look at ACC, the AI is great in that regard and your driver rating is based on your conduct not just in multiplayer, but also in single player (and every part of single player).

Your source? I haven't seen anything about what XP will be given for other than track mastery. I'm sure there will be other things but nothing we know of yet.
I'm not aware of anything that confirms it, but if it is the 'spiritual successor to Shift' then it may well be the case as that gave out points for aggressive driving and we then have the first trailer and the very first part of it was a deliberate punt.

Not conclusive, but I can certainly see why people may get the impression.

Take a look at ACC, the AI is great in that regard and your driver rating is based on your conduct not just in multiplayer, but also in single player (and every part of single player).

I'm not aware of anything that confirms it, but if it is the 'spiritual successor to Shift' then it may well be the case as that gave out points for aggressive driving and we then have the first trailer and the very first part of it was a deliberate punt.

Not conclusive, but I can certainly see why people may get the impression.

I mean it didn't give me that impression at all, unless we're gonna be starting races halfway down the road as well.

I think if there was gonna be XP awarded for smashing and stuff we would probably have seen those counters in the gameplay videos surely. That looked like a pretty complete HUD.

I mean it didn't give me that impression at all, unless we're gonna be starting races halfway down the road as well.

I think if there was gonna be XP awarded for smashing and stuff we would probably have seen those counters in the gameplay videos surely. That looked like a pretty complete HUD.
It has Alpha/Beta build written all over it and given the surprises we have already had at this point, it wouldn't surprise me. Right now I'm hoping for the best but also bracing myself for the worst as far as PC3 goes.

Last edited:
Your source? I haven't seen anything about what XP will be given for other than track mastery. I'm sure there will be other things but nothing we know of yet.
It was a stray comment on the official forum, so I should've known better than to use that. However, showing the McLaren spinning the Benz, very deliberately, in the official trailer, it's not very far fetched I think.

Love the spoiler dismount after 6.34 in the gameplay video. That's exactly what they do IRL (what do you mean it isn't?)

I haven't touched ACC yet. The little racing I get to do at the moment is online in R3E with a small group of regulars. And I'll be damned if I'm the one taking away somebody's chance of a podium. I'd rather hit the grass ( :

This topic in any forum or thread has been moving at lightning speed, as if it had magic tires during a rainstorm...

It is taking me days to catch up... I am still trying to. But during this time I was able to ponder and reflect on what is happening and what you all have been discussing about.

Before I explain myself, please find here an article I think is really well written:
http://demo1garage.com/gaming/project-cars-3-this-is-not-a-simulation/

I apologized in advance for quoting posts from a few days ago, and things may have moved on already, but I still want to share and offer my point of view.

I will try my best to avoid repeating what has been said already, but again I want to share what I think is correct, or at least what would best help me to accept the situation:

Forza Motorsport 7 does this, yet I don't recall much of their fanbase complaining about this after launch.

My point still stands, it is way too early to say the franchise is going backwards at this stage.

Are you saying you consider yourself and us all here to have to same taste as the Forza fans?

Eww.. how dare you...

So whatever Forza fans are ok with, then I should be ok with?

I don't think it is a good analogy there...

And,
Although it may seem that SMS has gone backward but it's not correct either, at least from their point of view.
Clearly they have changed and the direction taken is slightly different. I suppose in fact that SMS have taken a fast forward approach, one that clearly has taken all of us by surprised, and SMS probably see themselves as being a leader on this...

Better or worse, we need to see more.

SMS is probably tired of not making enough money despite their effort to be the most affordable sim racer out there, therefore they have decided to scratch all that, and chase where the money is... NFS crowd, and the Crew type.

Is there really money there ?? I personally don't know

If they are trying to get the crowd from the Grid, that's big mistake, seeing how a financial failure that was.

This whole story about magically morphing tires is analogous to the switch from manual car to automatics in real life...

The bean counters saw how much more profitable it is to produce and to offer only automatics, and therefore screw the manual cars, instead it is more profitable to cater to the population who can't be bothered.

Let the manual fan become elitists and let them go elsewhere.

SMS clearly choose to give up and take the easy way out.

Clearly if EA is able to survive this long with the non realistic NFS, it pains me to say that they are doing something right despite me not supporting them... So SMS is now chasing that same crowd ..

But maybe deep down SMS isn't too crazy, they saw an opportunity to nest themselves right in the middle of NFS/The Crew and Forza/GT...

I personally don't play NFS because of that ridiculous car handling physics and fake dynamics, but if all that were fixed, with a PCars model underneath, I can see myself "having fun" that way, if I am totally honest with myself.... "Pitless fun" ...

Did I just coined a new term? Pitless Racing Fun ?!

Based on your logic, this race between road cars shouldn't be possible because it is not a motorsport:

This is the point I was trying to make. What really matters for SMS is moving the series forward overall; a setback towards how realistic the game captures one element of motorsport doesn't mean it has pushed the franchise back overall. It is better to see how this game performs in terms of reviews and sales performance before making such a claim.

I'd love to know how you race without driving a car. :lol:

As someone I quoted below has said, you can race anything, even running, and motorsport can be of any type.

But when talking about cars, racing is motorsport and vice versa on most cases.

With the exception of Drift competition, which is not racing but is a motorsport.

You say that we need to see how successful PC3 will be before we can say whether they have move forward or backward, but I disagree....

Whether they succeed or failed has not doesn't say or qualify their directions.

It all depends on how many people like what they do.

They could be very successful for going backwards.
And that may exactly be what SMS want.
Monetary rewards and success without the headaches.
Who can blame them for earning a living, even if it is not an honorable one...
Chasing the NFS crowd seems to work for EA, surprisingly/unfortunately/thankfully (depending where you stand).

Based on the claim SMS made about being able to improve the authenticity of how tyres behave at optimal conditions, Project CARS 3 is still a driving/racing simulator, even if it simulates a very narrow window of real world conditions.

After much reflection on my part, what I think SMS did is:
They have given us the most ideal situation for racing for any given scenario or condition.

SMS has taken the best tidbits from all motorsport racing games out there and has removed all the annoyances of racing out.

The question they probably asked themselves is: what can we do to help people race nonstop, they way people do in NFS and The Crew and still get a decent simulation....

This way they can capture both the crowds from NFS, The Crew, Forza and GT.

SMS knew or suspect that we wouldn't necessarily leave either one of these titles, but that we would own multiple titles, like do: GT, PCars, F1....

PC3: the best all worlds, without any of the annoyances or inconveniences.

Because of the handling physics! :banghead:

Racing is racing. Motorsports are motorsports. There's no need to muddle the terms. There is racing without any motor at all -- footracing, bicycle racing, rowboat racing...

Mario Kart, F-ZERO, and Need for Speed are racing games. Really, Mario Kart and F-ZERO are fictional motorsports. Even F-ZERO has pitlanes of a sort, though. :P

Race driving necessitates driving. You keep metaphorically claiming that a square is not a rectangle.

About any racing simulator is by definition also a driving simulator. Project CARS can especially be considered a driving simulator by virtue of its flexibility and spread of content. You can play PCARS1 or PCARS2 without ever touching a slicks-shod racecar or driving competitively. This franchise isn't only for motorsports fans.

You gotta wrong... It's the other way around...
Your statement should read:
pCars is not only for racing fans, it is for motorsport fans...

I guess the Forza Motorsport title at makes sense after all..

Respectfully disagree . With no option for pits;magic tires and likely no damage;how is it anything but a step back? If people buy it and like it great. The developers need to stop pretending this is anything but a Grid knock off.

As much as I disagree with the direction taken by SMS here and agree with what you say.... And as much as I hate to say it:
I somehow think maybe SMS isn't as dumb as they appears to be

It's clearly a wild bet they have...

It's sad for us to lose such a big aspect of racing, but not a big loss for Motorsport Fun Fans...

I think I am willing to give it a chance, but definitely it will not replace Gran Turismo as I was Secretly hoping for...

My allegiance to Kaz and PD remains for now.

Regardless of the reasons why the developers decided to remove pit stops, their decision conflicts everything their franchise stood for. CARS is an acronym for ‘Community Assisted Racing Simulator’, and judging from SMS’s own community forum, it looks like there was zero demand to simplify races this drastically - Just the opposite. I find it puzzling.

While I agree with everything you say, upon further reflection, I believe the "promises" they have made to us for the first two Project Cars were mainly thrown out of the window in pursuit of money, and financial rewards.

But obviously they cannot come out and say it that way.

I suspect it wasn't easy for the SMS to continue on that path without more financial support that (my guess) Bandai was not willing to put out for .... Therefore the acquisition and take over by Cody.

As much as I hate Cody, but I think we all should be glad that SMS team is saved by Cody, although the future doesn't necessarily look as bright either from where we stand, because:

Knowing Codemasters, They won't let SMS do whatever SMS want.

There might be more financial support with Cody than from Bandai, but AT the same time, there will be less freedom with Codemasters than with Bandai....

One step forward and one step backwards.
From SMS's perspective, that may be their only choice for survival....

There probably
was some pressure from Bandai to succeed with the next PCars or die.

Certainly SMS had the data and knew they if they continue the same model (catering to us the racing sim crowd), it would mean and be their death, so they had to jump ship and compromise :
1) by providing an experience for a wider crowd
2) by willing to be acquired by CM, and postponing their demise to a later time.... Or not...

It's a bet for SMS,and together with them we all have to share the risks and the compromise made during these particular trial times...

The world is hanging on a thread as we speak due to the pandemic and social is unrest (rightfully so), but SMS's difficult situation has been for at least a year if not more than now already....

They have been on survival mode before we are now....

So there's hope that pcars 4 will be the successor to pcars 2.

PCARS 4+PS5+Successor to PCARS 2=:drool:

:lol:

We all continue to hope that the upcoming PCars 3 will be what we racing sim fans have been waiting for, but i tell you, we may have unfortunately no choice like we have no choice in the death of the manual cars in real life... Sad to say....

The fact that SMS is now joined with Codemasters paints an even gloomier outlook for a proper follow up to PCaRS 2 in a shape of PCars 4 on the next gen in 2024...
As much as I want and you hope for....I highly doubt it, especially if PC3 becomes very successful, there is no way CM will want to deviate from the new pitless formula.

And if PC3 fails financially, then I fear SMS will be broken up and divided into the different CM conglomerate....

Sorry to paint such a gloomy outlook... That's me being optimistic, or rather my realistic point of view I should say...

Enjoy it while it last boys and girls...

GT will continue to be the best for us console Racing sim players, and I have no objection to it..
And
We will continue to demand more from whoever can provide it to us...

It's like meth.... We are not tied to a provider... Lol

Edit:
After saying all this, I still don't understand why they cant provide us pits as options... All that is already baked in...
Instead giving us magic carpets and tires....

Bait and switch?!

Last edited:
Are you saying you consider yourself and us all here to have to same taste as the Forza fans?

Eww.. how dare you...

I consider myself to be a fan of Forza and given the overlap between the two franchises, I think you would find a lot of the players go back and forth between Forza Motorsport and Project CARS.

Eww.. how dare you...

Okay, so since Forza Motorsport is seen as less authentic simulator, their fans are viewed as second-rate citizens? Classic sim racer elitism.

The point I was trying to get at here was to look at things from the perspective of the new audience.

It doesn't take much looking around to see the most vocal part of the existing player base is not the primary target audience of Project CARS 3, so it is worth looking for a better reference point towards how the main target market would react to "magic tyres".

Don't worry, I'm not associating you with those gross Forza fans. ;)

This topic in any forum or thread has been moving at lightning speed, as if it had magic tires during a rainstorm...

It is taking me days to catch up... I am still trying to. But during this time I was able to ponder and reflect on what is happening and what you all have been discussing about.

Before I explain myself, please find here an article I think is really well written:
http://demo1garage.com/gaming/project-cars-3-this-is-not-a-simulation/

I apologized in advance for quoting posts from a few days ago, and things may have moved on already, but I still want to share and offer my point of view.

I will try my best to avoid repeating what has been said already, but again I want to share what I think is correct, or at least what would best help me to accept the situation:

Eww.. how dare you...

And,
Although it may seem that SMS has gone backward but it's not correct either, at least from their point of view.
Clearly they have changed and the direction taken is slightly different. I suppose in fact that SMS have taken a fast forward approach, one that clearly has taken all of us by surprised, and SMS probably see themselves as being a leader on this...

Better or worse, we need to see more.

SMS is probably tired of not making enough money despite their effort to be the most affordable sim racer out there, therefore they have decided to scratch all that, and chase where the money is... NFS crowd, and the Crew type.

Is there really money there ?? I personally don't know

If they are trying to get the crowd from the Grid, that's big mistake, seeing how a financial failure that was.

This whole story about magically morphing tires is analogous to the switch from manual car to automatics in real life...

The bean counters saw how much more profitable it is to produce and to offer only automatics, and therefore screw the manual cars, instead it is more profitable to cater to the population who can't be bothered.

Let the manual fan become elitists and let them go elsewhere.

SMS clearly choose to give up and take the easy way out.

Clearly if EA is able to survive this long with the non realistic NFS, it pains me to say that they are doing something right despite me not supporting them... So SMS is now chasing that same crowd ..

But maybe deep down SMS isn't too crazy, they saw an opportunity to nest themselves right in the middle of NFS/The Crew and Forza/GT...

I personally don't play NFS because of that ridiculous car handling physics and fake dynamics, but if all that were fixed, with a PCars model underneath, I can see myself "having fun" that way, if I am totally honest with myself.... "Pitless fun" ...

Did I just coined a new term? Pitless Racing Fun ?!

As someone I quoted below has said, you can race anything, even running, and motorsport can be of any type.

But when talking about cars, racing is motorsport and vice versa on most cases.

With the exception of Drift competition, which is not racing but is a motorsport.

You say that we need to see how successful PC3 will be before we can say whether they have move forward or backward, but I disagree....

Whether they succeed or failed has not doesn't say or qualify their directions.

It all depends on how many people like what they do.

They could be very successful for going backwards.
And that may exactly be what SMS want.
Monetary rewards and success without the headaches.
Who can blame them for earning a living, even if it is not an honorable one...
Chasing the NFS crowd seems to work for EA, surprisingly/unfortunately/thankfully (depending where you stand).

After much reflection on my part, what I think SMS did is:
They have given us the most ideal situation for racing for any given scenario or condition.

SMS has taken the best tidbits from all motorsport racing games out there and has removed all the annoyances of racing out.

The question they probably asked themselves is: what can we do to help people race nonstop, they way people do in NFS and The Crew and still get a decent simulation....

This way they can capture both the crowds from NFS, The Crew, Forza and GT.

SMS knew or suspect that we wouldn't necessarily leave either one of these titles, but that we would own multiple titles, like do: GT, PCars, F1....

PC3: the best all worlds, without any of the annoyances or inconveniences.

You gotta wrong... It's the other way around...
Your statement should read:
pCars is not only for racing fans, it is for motorsport fans...

I guess the Forza Motorsport title at makes sense after all..

As much as I disagree with the direction taken by SMS here and agree with what you say.... And as much as I hate to say it:
I somehow think maybe SMS isn't as dumb as they appears to be

It's clearly a wild bet they have...

It's sad for us to lose such a big aspect of racing, but not a big loss for Motorsport Fun Fans...

I think I am willing to give it a chance, but definitely it will not replace Gran Turismo as I was Secretly hoping for...

My allegiance to Kaz and PD remains for now.

While I agree with everything you say, upon further reflection, I believe the "promises" they have made to us for the first two Project Cars were mainly thrown out of the window in pursuit of money, and financial rewards.

But obviously they cannot come out and say it that way.

I suspect it wasn't easy for the SMS to continue on that path without more financial support that (my guess) Bandai was not willing to put out for .... Therefore the acquisition and take over by Cody.

As much as I hate Cody, but I think we all should be glad that SMS team is saved by Cody, although the future doesn't necessarily look as bright either from where we stand, because:

Knowing Codemasters, They won't let SMS do whatever SMS want.

There might be more financial support with Cody than from Bandai, but AT the same time, there will be less freedom with Codemasters than with Bandai....

One step forward and one step backwards.
From SMS's perspective, that may be their only choice for survival....

There probably
was some pressure from Bandai to succeed with the next PCars or die.

Certainly SMS had the data and knew they if they continue the same model (catering to us the racing sim crowd), it would mean and be their death, so they had to jump ship and compromise :
1) by providing an experience for a wider crowd
2) by willing to be acquired by CM, and postponing their demise to a later time.... Or not...

It's a bet for SMS,and together with them we all have to share the risks and the compromise made during these particular trial times...

The world is hanging on a thread as we speak due to the pandemic and social is unrest (rightfully so), but SMS's difficult situation has been for at least a year if not more than now already....

They have been on survival mode before we are now....

We all continue to hope that the upcoming PCars 3 will be what we racing sim fans have been waiting for, but i tell you, we may have unfortunately no choice like we have no choice in the death of the manual cars in real life... Sad to say....

The fact that SMS is now joined with Codemasters paints an even gloomier outlook for a proper follow up to PCaRS 2 in a shape of PCars 4 on the next gen in 2024...
As much as I want and you hope for....I highly doubt it, especially if PC3 becomes very successful, there is no way CM will want to deviate from the new pitless formula.

And if PC3 fails financially, then I fear SMS will be broken up and divided into the different CM conglomerate....

Sorry to paint such a gloomy outlook... That's me being optimistic, or rather my realistic point of view I should say...

Enjoy it while it last boys and girls...

GT will continue to be the best for us console Racing sim players, and I have no objection to it..
And
We will continue to demand more from whoever can provide it to us...

It's like meth.... We are not tied to a provider... Lol

Edit:
After saying all this, I still don't understand why they cant provide us pits as options... All that is already baked in...
Instead giving us magic carpets and tires....

Bait and switch?!

But "Gt iSn'T eVeN a siM." Right got that one out of my system before someone else gets there.

Nice degrading Forza fan comment to kick you off, tick.

Bandai Namco are the publisher for the game, not Codemasters. (Even for PC3).

Codemasters don't have a need to break SMS up. They have studios focusing on less "realistic" racing games. Grid didnt fail because people don't want that type of game, Grid failed because it had no content. The game itself is extremely good fun.

This idea the Codemasters have had a say in pc3 just isnt true if you choose to educate yourself to the development time and cycle for the game. Will they have an influence on the future? Probably yes, its their studio now. But that doesnt mean its going to take a direction of their choosing. They have Grid for the action, Dirt for action, Dirt Rally for their rally sim, F1 for their big money making yearly franchise, door is wide open for a realistic racing game in their stable. Whether people agree thats PC3 or not is moot point as CM havent had a say in that. SMS needed CM clearly or they ran the risk of PC3 being their last game.

Last edited:
After playing ACC for a while I am starting to get over with lack of pitstop and simplifying PCars 3. I am still dissapointed but on the other hand... I can still play PCars 2 and ACC for this more realistic racing. If i went try to think about PCars 3 as a... Driveclub with sim physics maybe it can be very good game. I will try to stay open minded. I just hope we will see more of those hardcore sims on consoles and i wish future Pcars will go back with some more sophisticated stuff like PCars 2 does.

If ACC will get PS5/XSX upgrade with VR etc. I can move along with Pcars and use it just for "relaxing" fun.

After playing ACC for a while I am starting to get over with lack of pitstop and simplifying PCars 3. I am still dissapointed but on the other hand... I can still play PCars 2 and ACC for this more realistic racing. If i went try to think about PCars 3 as a... Driveclub with sim physics maybe it can be very good game. I will try to stay open minded. I just hope we will see more of those hardcore sims on consoles and i wish future Pcars will go back with some more sophisticated stuff like PCars 2 does.

If ACC will get PS5/XSX upgrade with VR etc. I can move along with Pcars and use it just for "relaxing" fun.

That's how I look at it too, as a Driveclub, or PGR, but more realistic. Personally, I like that idea. So far, leaning towards purchasing PCARS 3.

That's how I look at it too, as a Driveclub, or PGR, but more realistic. Personally, I like that idea. So far, leaning towards purchasing PCARS 3.

I am still waiting for it. But maybe I will give it a try. I hope SMS will make pit-stops and tyre wear in PCars 4. Maybe for Next-Gens there will be more computing power to add those features.

mXKOnPf.jpg

Been thinking about this too. ACC Physics are incredible and I don’t think Project Cars 3 would have ever reached that level and kept the car list and track list from the previous games on current hardware so it makes sense to cut back on the sim aspect a bit to appeal to a wider audience. Granted, cutting pit stops altogether kind of removes a special and important part of motorsports and I think they still could have found a way to keep it simpler and fun.
Perhaps automatically picking the most suitable tyres after a drive into the pits when it starts raining rather than having them change on the fly would have been a better solution. Even a 6 year old could understand that aspect of strategy. If the car is handling weird, go into the pits and the mechanics will sort it for you. Still not a complete dealbreaker for me though as long as I can drive my 917 and 512M around Classic Le Mans albeit a bit less immersive. Really think there was a missed opportunity here, especially with all the historical content, to make the pits more detailed and lively to fit the different eras. You can’t have everything I guess.

Forza Motorsport 7 does this, yet I don't recall much of their fanbase complaining about this after launch.
It doesn't. Wet races begin on wet tires.
You can start a race on a dry track and finish in wet conditions, that's dynamic weather.
Barely. The changes happen almost immediately within' 1-2 laps and then stay the way they are. It's the same if you pick a Night race; you may start at dusk and head to night, or vice versa.

It doesn't. Wet races begin on wet tires.

Barely. The changes happen almost immediately within' 1-2 laps and then stay the way they are. It's the same if you pick a Night race; you may start at dusk and head to night, or vice versa.

You can choose it in custom races. His point still stands regardless of how fast the change happens, there's no tyre change.

You can choose it in custom races. His point still stands regardless of how fast the change happens, there's no tyre change.
But it's realistic to expect wet tires to be placed on a car if rain is expected within' a couple laps which is what happens by default in the game. The issue with Forza here isn't just the inability to change tires, it's the "dynamic" weather that isn't actually dynamic. Once the conditions get to their end point, they stay that way. As I said before, you can start a race at night, watch the sun rise, and then it stays at dawn for the rest of the race. There's multiple issues highlighted with this decision. And yes, it has been met with criticism by Forza fans. I've been one of them on more than 1 occasion hoping they change how the game's weather/time-of-day system is determined.

Another thing is that even if these 2 games share that same characteristic/design choice, it's held against PC3 much more b/c it's been touted as a much more realistic racing sim where as people constantly place FM7 into the sim-cade category, which does grant some leeway with its realism. Unless it's half-assed like Turn10's, I'm going to assume PC3 retains its proper dynamic/time-of-day from PC2, & unfortunately, that is going to continue to highlight the lack of realism with the current developer choice.

I remain surprised at the fact this isn't a toggle option for the devs. I think almost every race sim has allowed this option in some form or another. It seems like such an easy dev. choice that makes everyone happy, even if you have it all off by default.

For you maybe, much as I do like GT, right now ACC is the best on console for me.

Fair point.
I haven't tried ACC yet, and I can agree with you solely based on what I have seen of ACC.

I consider myself to be a fan of Forza and given the overlap between the two franchises, I think you would find a lot of the players go back and forth between Forza Motorsport and Project CARS.

Okay, so since Forza Motorsport is seen as less authentic simulator, their fans are viewed as second-rate citizens? Classic sim racer elitism.

The point I was trying to get at here was to look at things from the perspective of the new audience.

It doesn't take much looking around to see the most vocal part of the existing player base is not the primary target audience of Project CARS 3, so it is worth looking for a better reference point towards how the main target market would react to "magic tyres".

Don't worry, I'm not associating you with those gross Forza fans. ;)

I must apologize to all of you FOrza fans.
It is the least I can do.
I have to admit that my derogatory point of view about Forza is no longer valid and not fair to the fans of the Series.

It is wrong on my part to continue to have this baseless perspective that Forza is slightly less than GT, or that Forza players are second rate citizens.

Blame it on the rivalry over the years, and especially since I have not played the later games to know.

I am NOT a fast driver at all... I am rather slow.
I don't consider to be the best, and even so I have no rights to look down upon anyone. Sorry for doing that in my previous post.

And if I am completely honest:
I must say I am also jealous about a few features Forza has that I really wish GT has.

Since we can all agree that none of the current racing/motorsport game is perfect, I can certainly understand the overlap you pointed out ...

I myself has different racing titles on the PS, so I cannot fault anyone for doing the same.

Secretly, I want a collaboration between GT, FORZA, PCARS AND ACC to make the most perfect console Racing game ever...

So yes, I finally do want to be associated to Forza fans...
I guess my initial sarcasm didn't show too well in my previous post... ;)

But "Gt iSn'T eVeN a siM." Right got that one out of my system before someone else gets there.

Nice degrading Forza fan comment to kick you off, tick.

Bandai Namco are the publisher for the game, not Codemasters. (Even for PC3).

Codemasters don't have a need to break SMS up. They have studios focusing on less "realistic" racing games. Grid didnt fail because people don't want that type of game, Grid failed because it had no content. The game itself is extremely good fun.

This idea the Codemasters have had a say in pc3 just isnt true if you choose to educate yourself to the development time and cycle for the game. Will they have an influence on the future? Probably yes, its their studio now. But that doesnt mean its going to take a direction of their choosing. They have Grid for the action, Dirt for action, Dirt Rally for their rally sim, F1 for their big money making yearly franchise, door is wide open for a realistic racing game in their stable. Whether people agree thats PC3 or not is moot point as CM havent had a say in that. SMS needed CM clearly or they ran the risk of PC3 being their last game.

Yes I agree and cant take offense at saying that GT is not a sim...
Simcade yes.

As I have responded to FT-1 above.
I am apologizing for unjustly degrading Forza on baseless and stupid reason. I am in the wrong.

Thank you correcting me. I stand corrected.
Please carry on...

Believe or not, we are all in the same boat.
The only reason we rage is because we care and we want our racing game to do us right...

Like I said above, ideally I wish that Forza, PD, and SMS could collaborate to give us the perfect racing simcade ever...

Is that too much to ask ? :P

Last edited:
i have to admit im most curious about this game in what it comes, at least, to drift phyiscs
I'm hoping that given the change of direction we will get a touge point to point and a selection of Japanese toys to play with, an updated version of Dragon Pass from Enthusia would be ideal.

I used to like the drifting in original Grid!

:nervous::eek:
I did too, it was kind of fun. I didn't do it a ton but that's not surprising, it was a fun change of pace. A lot of things about that game were fun, I just wished they would've used a slightly more fun version of the year-ending le Mans race than a 12 minute sprint that was over the instant the clock ran out. Even 24 minutes would've been so much better, of course with it ending at the finish line.

2mins to answer the questions in PC3 FAQ, 2months to make it politically correct for the sim crowd... lol good luck with that boys! im expecting a 1000 posts of pure vitriol as soon as it drops no matter how its worded or what is said...
Yep. I don't envy them. I know they put themselves in this position, but it doesn't make it any easier. A lot have already made up their minds.

I'm wondering though if this was purposeful. Start by giving news that they knew a lot would hate. Let it settle for a bit, then start trickling out the good news. Maybe some gameplay features we're not even thinking of.

Does anyone know if the Madness engine is used for PCars3? I'm wondering if there is some sort of contractual thing with Reiza and Automobilista 2 with SMS licensing them the engine. If pCars3 was to be the game we all wanted (direct sequel to pCars2) you would think they would be direct competition and cannibalize each other (at least on PC).

Surely the timing of these statements looks like having some logic, releasing some news that SMS knew they would create turmoil in the community, letting this agitation to pass by, and then push the marketing for the game in the last few weeks before the release.

The pre-order window indeed did not open yet, and this already explains quite a lot.

It is also plausible that they were not expecting so much "ado" about the pitstops, and probably they were not even going to talk about this feature being removed, if the infamous trailer released one month ago was not clearly showing the pit lane closed at Interlagos (maybe an oversight? or they wanted to throw a hint and see how the community would react?).

That video generated a lot of talks on all dedicated forums and YouTube, so many that at some point Nathan had to intervene trying to convince all of us that pit-stops are the Incarnate Devil of the Motorsport, and SMS are the white knights sent by the Gods to restore the order, and protect all of us.

Latest Posts

Back