Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
I'll take 'Things that didn't happen' for 100 please Bob.

Bit more info on the pack

"
The Legends Pack Is Incoming
The first expansion pack for Project CARS 3, the Legends Pack, is less than a week away. It comes with three legendary Japanese cars from the 1990s (including full race conversion kits) and dozens of customization options. The Legends Pack also comes with a free circuit for all Project CARS 3 drivers.

What cars, you ask? Well, you’ll need to wait for the Pack to drop but—since you’ve taken the time to read this, here’s a hint…

Back in 1989, on a cold day in February, a Brazilian legend turned up at Suzuka for winter testing and, while there, was asked to test-drive an in-development road car. After a couple of hours pushing it to the limit, he returned with some feedback.

“I’m not sure I can really give you appropriate advice on a mass-production car,” he said with his usual reserve, “but I feel it’s a little fragile.”

The engineers, stunned, went back to work, and suggested they reconvene with the driver at the Nürburgring in the spring. Which is when the Brazilian driver spent many hours testing and helping develop the feel and handling of this car. When it was all said and done, it became, without any hyperbole, Japan’s greatest-ever supercar.

Know what it is yet? Let us know in the comments…"

So one of the cars is the NSX then.
Could it be one of the old NSX JGTC Cars? Or the Super GT Raybrig NSX?

Other than that there’s a few American tracks I’d like to see in more games, like Sebring, Road Atlanta and Lime Rock Park.

im sure the Forza Motorsport reboot will have a lot of American tracks, Turn 10 was focussing heavily on them in FM 6 & 7.

I kinda liked how each franchise had a focus on tracks from their developers region:
* Gran Turismo (esp 5 & 6) = focus on Japanese tracks
* Forza Motorsport (esp 6 & 7) = USA tracks
* Project CARS (esp. 1 & 2) = British tracks

Lately it all seems to blend a bit more together.

After the update (Xbox one X) I noticed graphical improvements in some tracks. At night (in practice mode at least) graphics are smooth and with no screen tearing. In Havana the shadow flickering is gone, but there is screen tearing.

9226D2DA-930C-4D5C-BC00-33306B98632E.png
B8AC1D07-BC48-4459-8E01-8A7A6BB546FE.png
98A14EB7-ACDC-40BC-A1DE-1C4A3BFF7CB1.png

I've noticed the same, the graphics are crispier in some places and the framerate stability feels improved too...

BUT, the amount of unresolved issues is really disappointing in my opinion, seems like lots of reported bugs was - sadly - completely ignored.

Not ignored, they are working on bugs according priority.

I've noticed the same, the graphics are crispier in some places and the framerate stability feels improved too...

BUT, the amount of unresolved issues is really disappointing in my opinion, seems like lots of reported bugs was - sadly - completely ignored.

Yeah, took them a while to get the g29 working and then the graphics bugs at the start/finish line were doing me head in. I tried it the other day and its fun but the online lobbies where dead. Absolutely dead.

I feel its a lot smoother but the frame rate still drops sharply from time to time. Reminds me of ACC at times.

A week later and I’m still loving PC3. The game is such a breath of fresh air for me. Sometimes it’s nice to get away from the simulation, & play something leaning towards more arcade racing. The game has its obvious flaws & bugs, but I personally find enjoyment out of it. Each to our own.

I’ve now moved onto Road class D in the career mode now. Choose the Ferrari GTO ‘84 as my first Road D car. Gonna buy the 2020 Supra next. Now that I’m going back on furlough, I can see myself playing PC3 for the whole of November.

Last edited:
After today’s update I have been revisiting earlier races in the carrier mode, mainly in Road D. While I have noticed improved details and frame rate stability, the strain on the CPU is still noticeable. They fixed the water trails and other annoying visual glitches and I’m pleased with that, and also free Yas Marina! And If my ears don’t deceive me, I also noticed improved sounds.

And yet, I have made peace with the fact that the next gen consoles, with their more powerful CPUs, will be the platforms that can better handle the game in its current state (I am not a PC gamer]. My optimal settings are running the game at 1080p, with Freesync enabled and the prioritize frame rate option in my Xbox One X.

I got the update just now 1230 eastern time. The legends pack is showing to buy but not currently showing included with my season pass. I also noticed my tv no longer detects hdr....maybe that was disabled to improve graphics/stability?

We've been told on official Discord that the pack is not yet available because the update is slowly rolling out and need to be available everywhere.

They nerfed the Jerez Clockwatcher and the Lotus lap time on Indianapolis! Thank you very, very, very, very much! :bowdown:
100% here I come. Actually I'm going to delete my save and start the career all over. Haven't played much the last weeks anyway.

Has anyone been able to create Multiplayer Lobbies as of last night (Xbox)?

My club was having trouble with it and we had to abandon our race session as no lobbies would appear or be joinable. :(

Last edited:
Back