Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
No? The framerate is pretty much locked to 60 fps in the dry now, and that's with the Series S. The framerate should be much better in the wet with the Series X I think.
Series S is running 1080p though, Series X will run near 4k, so may actually have worse frame rate.

According to Digital Foundry, PC2 on the One X achieved 1440-1620p at most at and not always locked 60 fps. I would not expect PC3 to surpass that.

Last edited:
I have a question regarding taking a corner smoothly. For me when entering a corner and exiting, my car loses traction and drifts off the racing line I’m taking.

How can I enter and exit a corner more smoothly? I have slowed down and gently accelerated, but the car still goes into a drift.

I have a question regarding taking a corner smoothly. For me when entering a corner and exiting, my car loses traction and drifts off the racing line I’m taking.

How can I enter and exit a corner more smoothly? I have slowed down and gently accelerated, but the car still goes into a drift.
Welcome to PC3's wonky physics, the cars just want to do that, and they also just want to get tail-happy under brakes.

Treat it as an arcade focused title and enjoy it for what it is.

Any car/track combinación you have in mind? I don't use traction control, but I do use ABS. With wheel or controller?

Last edited:
No? The framerate is pretty much locked to 60 fps in the dry now, and that's with the Series S. The framerate should be much better in the wet with the Series X I think.
I don't know. From where I'm sitting I get 80-90 FPS at 4K so in context, basically no difference. One wanders around 60fps and the other wanders less around 60fps. Basically no difference.

Any car/track combinación you have in mind? I don't use traction control, but I do use ABS. With wheel or controller?

Hey Nacho,

I mainly rock the GT racing classes and run random tracks. It occurs on all the tracks when entering/exiting a corner.

I use a controller. Maybe need to reduce or just turn off assists.

Hey Nacho,

I mainly rock the GT racing classes and run random tracks. It occurs on all the tracks when entering/exiting a corner.

I'm a Xbox user, so if you are un PS4 your experience may vary. For braking/accelerating I use my middle knuckles and not my fingertips. My throttle deadzone is 2, sensitivity 50, and its the same values for the brakes.
I picked Sugo track in the rain with my Toyota GR Supra Racing. Off the line there is some slip, but is manageable. I notice that when accelerating out of the corner I may be pressing about 20% of the trigger travel, then 50% and then 100% on straights. Again, I have a better feel with my knuckles.
Tested in Bathurst in the dry, no issues, specially uphill.

Last edited:

Have you tried using the 'high grip' tuning set up before a race? As it sounds like you're doing things right; getting the car stable / braking before the corner and gently accelerating. (I use manual gears and being in the wrong gear or changing gear at the wrong time can cause problems too, but I'm not sure how automatic gears affect gameplay.)

Hey Nacho,

It could be the TC, as I noticed with it switched on with one of my favourite cars to drive in the game, the Honda Civic Race car, it can suddenly just cut the power mid corner.

Some cars are prone to oversteer like the Viper, but try one of the Porsches in the GT classes, as they're pretty planted in my expericence, so it shouldn't happen with those.

But like Nacho, I'm on the Xbox and the triggers are great for driving games.

Last edited:
New achievements added for the Style Pack DLC
https://steamcommunity.com/stats/958400/achievements

Bahh Bahh Baaaahh
450d2bdc0c44391fe0bd0f5608cc2e6a47e3a1dc.jpg
Bahrain confirmed.

And is it just me or do the three cars look like the Henessey Venom F5, the Lamborghini Sian and the Ferrari SF90 Stradale?

Also the other achievements, 1 is called "my kind of poison" (Henessey Venom F5) and another is "fast as lightning" (Lamborghini Sian since it's a hybrid)

New achievements added for the Style Pack DLC
https://steamcommunity.com/stats/958400/achievements

Bahh Bahh Baaaahh
450d2bdc0c44391fe0bd0f5608cc2e6a47e3a1dc.jpg
Bahrain confirmed.
The addition of some of these tracks annoys me. These would have been great additions to PCARS2 or an expanded PCARS2 as a sequel. Abu Dhabi to replicate the new ALMS and Bahrain/Interlagos for the WEC and a few other series. A real shame really.

Imagine what they could do if most of the new tracks aren't fake rubbish and real tracks. Ian Bell said something about ovals after PCARS2's release and we never heard anything about it outside of this since a tweet he's now deleted.

Last edited:
Spa old and new? cota? bahrain please yes. I really thought the other two were in the game since pc2 had them.

Imagine an American Oval Pack DLC, that would be amazing.

This is my first impression of PC3 running in the Series S: There is something going on with the antialiasing, because it looks more jagged than on the One X. However, the smoothness at 60 fps is remarkable, and quick resume is available. Also, no visual options between resolution and framerate are available.
Edit: I have checked other games, they are aliased too.

Last edited:
This is my first impression of PC3 running in the Series S: There is something going on with the antialiasing, because it looks more jagged than on the One X. However, the smoothness at 60 fps is remarkable, and quick resume is available. Also, no visual options between resolution and framerate are available.
Edit: I have checked other games, they are aliased too.

Encouraging to hear about the framerates but yeah, one of my main gripes with all of the Project Cars games is the aliasing artefacts. Think PC1 was the only one to get away with it on the base PS4 a few years back as at least it had a more natural look to the visuals. Amazed they never found a way to improve it by PC3. Curious to know if AMS2 suffers from the same thing visually?

Encouraging to hear about the framerates but yeah, one of my main gripes with all of the Project Cars games is the aliasing artefacts. Think PC1 was the only one to get away with it on the base PS4 a few years back as at least it had a more natural look to the visuals. Amazed they never found a way to improve it by PC3. Curious to know if AMS2 suffers from the same thing visually?
It's not as much of an issue on PC for either PC2 or AMS2.

It's not as much of an issue on PC for either PC2 or AMS2.

Thats encouraging, hopefully the new gen consoles will help to alleviate it somewhat... providing Take-Two decide to continue the Project Cars series with Codemasters that is. Not sure what it is lately but it seems all attempts at going in a more arcade direction for games like Onrush, Grid, PC3 and Dirt 5 haven’t exactly hit the mark and done as well as expected (or at least appears that way). Don’t know why they didn’t find a balance with PC3 and keep everything from PC2 but take the handling in a more sim-cade direction with a more immersive career mode. Feels like they took it a bit too far in the arcade direction which seemed to alienate their user base as well as fail to attract a new audience at the same time. A shame as I feel there was definitely potential in the series. Do wonder what the sale to Take-Two means for the series going forward :indiff:

Question:

I’m at driver level 11 but some cars for level 6 show locked. The Pagani Huyara for example. What am I missing?

Sorry, was double checking my facts but: the issue with the cars not unlocking in lower tiers has been resolved and will be included in the next patch...
Yes Nathan Bell responded to me on twitter, great news. Question will it fix our current saves to unlock our locked cars or will we need to start a fresh new career? I believe I found the problem after restarting my career 5 times. If you were in custom races or rival races when you leveled up the cars wont unlock. I tested and made sure I was in career when I leveled up and everything unlocked to level 4. These career's was leveling up in custom or rival races. 1st career level 4 and 5 wouldn't unlock. 2nd attempt level 3 cars wouldn't unlock. 3rd attempt level 2 cars wouldn't unlock.

Latest Posts

Back