Project Cars 3 Hype thread

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 351 comments
I actually tried to move myself toward PCars 3, even though they removed pits and I was against it. I must have read every preview now and video but I am now completely against it. Confirmed No Qualifying, No Le Mans even though it has LMP Cars (Le Mans Protoype) No Spa or Cota all removed. The way the screen flashes red when you are hit is just terrible. Even the graphics don't look like they have improved. I honestly tried to get on board despite my major grievances but its a hard pass

I've definitely changed from a buy no matter what to a 'see what the good reviewers say' approach. It may very well be fun. I'm hoping those animations, like the red, can be turned off just like the corner markers can be

And you though that COVID will not affect your favorite games. Project Cars got ill in 2020 and let's hope it will not die here. Hope their new player base, super positive people, are ready do buy multiply copies to support the next game.

From the perspective of someone who wanted a sequel to NFS Shift, I'm still keen to check out this game when it launches.

I get that people are not on board with the direction it is going in and are wary of game design choices made, but nothing I've seen suggests this will perform badly as a game. As long as it gets decent reviews and is fun to play on a wheel or controller, it has succeeded in what it set out to do.

I actually tried to move myself toward PCars 3, even though they removed pits and I was against it. I must have read every preview now and video but I am now completely against it. Confirmed No Qualifying, No Le Mans even though it has LMP Cars (Le Mans Protoype) No Spa or Cota all removed. The way the screen flashes red when you are hit is just terrible. Even the graphics don't look like they have improved. I honestly tried to get on board despite my major grievances but its a hard pass
I think COTA will be there (because indycar...)

@IfAndOr -- This will be my first sim to be able to sample the new Alpine. One of the only new cars added to the game (apparently) that I'm looking forward to driving. 👍

I'm finding it difficult to be hyped - I read the car list and didn't see any extra historic race cars. Then I read the track list and noticed a few important omissions. I've watched the game play and noticed the horrible, immersion killing, mixed up car classes.

I will continue reading the forum with interest even though my level of interest in the game is dropping.

I hope this game absolutely bombs. It will serve them right. Feel as a loyal project cars fan that we have completely ignored and dumped on. What annoys even more is they are actually standing by their ignorant and irrational decisions and also still calling this a sim. Rant over, i feel better now. No i wont be buying it, il try ac instead and stick with pc2.

I hope this game absolutely bombs. It will serve them right. Feel as a loyal project cars fan that we have completely ignored and dumped on. What annoys even more is they are actually standing by their ignorant and irrational decisions and also still calling this a sim. Rant over, i feel better now. No i wont be buying it, il try ac instead and stick with pc2.

this is the hype thread, if you want to bitch and moan then there’s plenty of other places to vent your spleen

Even with all the stuff like no qualifying and no custom championship i'm still so excited to play this game i keep thinking whats gonna be my first track/car combo i'm gonna try?

My 2 options for my first car/track combo are

Dodge Viper at Classic monza or

Mclaren P1 GTR at Classic monza

And yes the viper is the only car i would drive first over my beloved p1 :P:embarrassed::D

This finally seems a decent playing Project Cars 👍

Looks polished, looks refined and I hope Rushy got rid of that terrible deadzone that plagued PC2. I am actually pretty exciting for this.

Unfortunately I think PCARS3 is just another racing game from what I have read and seen so far, with a few fun elements thrown in to make gameplay more fun.
Being a console only player, I try to limit my HDD space to games that I really enjoy playing and PCARS2 is one of those that stays in my collection.
PCARS2 pushed the current gen consoles hard and maxed out their capabilities which is great I reckon, so I was hoping PCARS3 would be at the same level.

It really seems to me that PCARS3 has been pushed out kinda earlier than the developers originally wanted, because a new generation of consoles is about to be unleashed to the masses.
Rather than commit dev's to PCARS3 on an ageing console platform, it was decided to quickly get PCARS3 ready for release, and get the dev's to strategise for the new console platform.
So I would not be surprised if the dev's are already working on a PCARS4 which will be a TRUE successor to PCARS2 and return to the sim genre of gaming, and will have a lot more sim elements due to the extra capabilites of the PS5.

At least it will make SMS some coin, from those that do buy it, so that keeps the cashflow rolling in for a while.

So don't lose heart with SMS, buy PCARS3 if you want to, and wait out for PCARS4 (or whatever it will be called) which will satisfy all your wishes!!
Oh and you will need a a new gen console as well, but your probably budgeting for that already....lol;)

Echo chambers are not a productive thing either to be fair.
I don't think I'd describe a self-proclaimed rant hoping the game will bomb as merely a balanced contribution to a hype thread. :lol: The OP lays out the intent of the thread pretty clearly, with room to "complain a bit".

Even with all the stuff like no qualifying and no custom championship i'm still so excited to play this game i keep thinking whats gonna be my first track/car combo i'm gonna try?
I'm probably going to hop straight into the GT86 again, either on a new track I like or something suitable for examining the new physics. If Chris Haye's car list missed the E30 M3 in non-Group-A form, it'll be that car instead. :) Otherwise the Gr. A E30 M3 will be next.

The GT86 and E30 M3 are my two most-driven cars in PCARS2, so changes will be more evident.

Mclaren P1 GTR at Classic monza

A one make Mclaren F1 GTR race at Hockenheim classic was my favourite thing to do in PC2.

Echo chambers are not a productive thing either to be fair.

If somebody isn't hyped, by all means they should say so; negative hype is still hype afterall (so long as it's respectful :)).

I'd normally agree, if this was the only thread on here and if every social media PC3 post wasn't a echo chamber of negative comments.

I'd normally agree, if this was the only thread on here and if every social media PC3 post wasn't a echo chamber of negative comments.
I understand that, it seems everyone's still hung up on what the game doesn't have that comparatively few are talking about what the game does have.

I remain optimistic in that it looks like a game I will enjoy playing. I barely gave the previous titles more than a passing glance (Project CARS 2 launched at the worst time possible, within weeks of a new GT and a new Forza) but I can see myself playing this one. That could be because the shift in design focus is more towards a game that I'm actually looking for right now.

It actually has less variety than PCars 2 with car classes mixed up to form less classes.
in builds, for custom events, you can choose same class. But the classes are no longer like in PC2: the gt3 are not differentiated from the gte for example. there are a lot fewer classes. We can also choose vehicles with an equivalent PIR, which explains the improbable mix of cars on the same track.

in builds, for custom events, you can choose same class. But the classes are no longer like in PC2: the gt3 are not differentiated from the gte for example. there are a lot fewer classes. We can also choose vehicles with an equivalent PIR, which explains the improbable mix of cars on the same track.

this is bad. I wouldn’t mind having gte and gt3 mized. But having gte, gt3, gt4, gto and classics mixed is just bad.

Has the custom race screen actually been shown anywhere to prove this?

The career mode menus certainly seem to point to the contrary.

From what I've heard, you can make customized races with whatever cars you like. Hopefully that'll be the case. I'm going to watch closely what happens with this title, but I'm really craving a racing game right now. And having a single player career mode will be nice, especially if they have good online private lobbies. Those are two huge things for me.

I don't think we know any of that for sure, because one video (Chris Hayes' maybe?) specifically said they weren't allowed to show any of that.

And yes, I've made this thread so we don't have the same old negativity that's been repeated over and over. Fair or not, I don't think we need to keep talking about them. There are other things this game DOES have, like @PJTierney said

From what I've heard, you can make customized races with whatever cars you like. Hopefully that'll be the case. I'm going to watch closely what happens with this title, but I'm really craving a racing game right now. And having a single player career mode will be nice, especially if they have good online private lobbies. Those are two huge things for me.

I don't think we know any of that for sure, because one video (Chris Hayes' maybe?) specifically said they weren't allowed to show any of that.

And yes, I've made this thread so we don't have the same old negativity that's been repeated over and over. Fair or not, I don't think we need to keep talking about them. There are other things this game DOES have, like @PJTierney said

Thats good. Hopefully they make it clearer soon. The career mode menus I've seen have car classes that make sense, Group A, GT Open (with an FXX), road A road D etc. Very similar to PC2.

I don't think I'd describe a self-proclaimed rant hoping the game will bomb as merely a balanced contribution to a hype thread. :lol: The OP lays out the intent of the thread pretty clearly, with room to "complain a bit".

I'm probably going to hop straight into the GT86 again, either on a new track I like or something suitable for examining the new physics. If Chris Haye's car list missed the E30 M3 in non-Group-A form, it'll be that car instead. :) Otherwise the Gr. A E30 M3 will be next.

The GT86 and E30 M3 are my two most-driven cars in PCARS2, so changes will be more evident.
I'm still salty about how they changed the GT86 from PC1 lol. I'm not sure which is more accurate but they really are completely different cars. I could drive the one from PC1 all day every day, it handled perfect to me and I could drive as hard as I wanted and make it do anything I wished - wouldn't drift unless I asked it to and then would slide just as much as I wanted. The PC2 version spins like a top and takes a month to rev match(which can be helped somewhat by turning the brake map all the way down at least). It's still okay once I got used to it, but nothing like the dream it was in PC1. I'm currently quite enjoying the GT4 version but that took a ton of setup & practice to get it compliant - and no front brake ducts is really annoying.

someone I know who has the builds told me. I am giving you the information I have in all honesty.
I don't know the definitive version...

someone I know who has the builds told me. I am giving you the information I have in all honesty.
I don't know the definitive version...

That's cool, its not that I wasn't believing you I just hadn't seen any of those menus or anything. Appreciate the updates 👍

oh god i hope that is the case. It would be actually better than classes in pcars2 if i would be able to create my own.

Thats good. Hopefully they make it clearer soon. The career mode menus I've seen have car classes that make sense, Group A, GT Open (with an FXX), road A road D etc. Very similar to PC2.

actually only roadcar classes make sense. Gt open smashes GT1 and Trackday cars together and GTA is mix of GT3,GTE,GT4, GTO, Nascar and V8 Supercars... if those classes are the only option then it will suck :(

@Seb02 interesting. I hope there's lots of options in the private lobbies. For me I'm not excited about GT cars at all. It's the one class I kind of avoided in PC2. Along with karts. But it's probably the most popular for the majority. I'll just be racing with friends, so cars we don't want in there won't be there. Or we will mock them mercilessly:lol:

I have heard there are improvements coming from what was sent out to the Youtubers. But nothing specific, other than the AI.

@Seb02 interesting. I hope there's lots of options in the private lobbies. For me I'm not excited about GT cars at all. It's the one class I kind of avoided in PC2. Along with karts. But it's probably the most popular for the majority. I'll just be racing with friends, so cars we don't want in there won't be there. Or we will mock them mercilessly:lol:

I have heard there are improvements coming from what was sent out to the Youtubers. But nothing specific, other than the AI.
I was talking about custom offline events. From what I was able to obtain as information, we could select:
- identical car
- car of the same class (but there are only 9 classes including 5 for Road)
- car with equivalent PIR
- All cars (without PIR)

Besides, of all the videos seen, is there only one with different cars of the same class? I repeat i don't know the definitive version of the game. Certainly, things can change...

Regarding the online, no information.

Back