Project Cars 3 Hype thread

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 351 comments
@Seb02 interesting. I hope there's lots of options in the private lobbies. For me I'm not excited about GT cars at all. It's the one class I kind of avoided in PC2. Along with karts. But it's probably the most popular for the majority. I'll just be racing with friends, so cars we don't want in there won't be there. Or we will mock them mercilessly:lol:.

There are no private lobbies in PCars 3 that was confirmed by 2 devs and Nathan on discord the other day. When pushed for a solid commitment if they would add them later they didn't answer

Last edited:
I was really hoping for something like Driveclub 2 on PC and I think that's what I will get.
This is the only fun racing game which supports VR and that really good. Also with dailys maybe weeklys like in in Dirt Rally there is every day a little fun guaranteed.
For the serious approach I have AMS 2 also with VR and the features of the madness engine.
Summed up with PC3 there is all I need.

I was really hoping for something like Driveclub 2 on PC and I think that's what I will get.
This is the only fun racing game which supports VR and that really good. Also with dailys maybe weeklys like in in Dirt Rally there is every day a little fun guaranteed.
For the serious approach I have AMS 2 also with VR and the features of the madness engine.
Summed up with PC3 there is all I need.
Good, I'm glad others are looking forward to it as well. It sounds fun, despite all the backlash. It's been in development for 4 years, so I think they've given it lots of thought and they've also said they knew it was going to get a lot of backlash.

@Sam714 apparently there are private lobbies. I heard exactly what you heard. But he must have misunderstood the question. Because after that he confirmed you could indeed have a private lobby, according to people on here.

@Sam714 apparently there are private lobbies. I heard exactly what you heard. But he must have misunderstood the question. Because after that he confirmed you could indeed have a private lobby, according to people on here.

Fernando has confirmed later that there was no private lobbies at launch. So yeah.

Fernando has confirmed later that there was no private lobbies at launch. So yeah.
Ugh.....not good. I have zero interest in playing with strangers. So that's online completely out until they put it in. I'd rather they get rid of public lobbies before private ones. Hopefully it's patched in soon. This will probably be the thing that makes me not get it at launch. Game still looks fun. But, I went from going to spend $100 on a preorder premium-type edition to a wait and see when they get private lobbies.

I may still get it near launch. I'm just going to wait on reviews before I make a final decision. If they're putting in private lobbies soon, and the career mode is really really good, it may just be ok

@Benny44 We've had majorly contrasting positions on the game. Its a total disappointment for me without Qualifying etc etc. But it proves how wrong they are getting it when even they are starting to lose you as a customer.

I dont get what is going on with this game the decisions they are making are crazy. Private lobby decision is just a joke that's fundamental to a game nowadays. Feel sorry for you and your buds. Hopefully they sort it for you

Pre-Orders are now up

There are two editions to choose from - Standard or Deluxe Edition which includes 3-day early access and the season pass:

Electrifying racing action awaits with the Project CARS 3 Season Pack. Four carefully curated packs will push you further into the world of racing with a collection of 12 totally unique and desirable cars, race conversion kits, over 60 Career Tours, 100s of Customisation Assets along with Trophies and Achievements. Plus, order now and get your Premium Livery Pack immediately. Does not include the Ignition Pack

@Benny44 We've had majorly contrasting positions on the game. Its a total disappointment for me without Qualifying etc etc. But it proves how wrong they are getting it when even they are starting to lose you as a customer.

I dont get what is going on with this game the decisions they are making are crazy. Private lobby decision is just a joke that's fundamental to a game nowadays. Feel sorry for you and your buds. Hopefully they sort it for you
Yeah we have for sure. But even if I don't buy it I don't believe it proves anything. The sales and reviews will do that. I'm going to see how the game actually is before judging it. And maybe, just maybe, they'll have private lobbies in the day one patch. But I think I need a definite timeline for when that'll happen before I buy

I only have my phone, so full-fledged sites are always painful to use. Thanks for the updates @FT-1.I see there is qualifying included in multiplayer at least

As of writing, the car and track lists are a work in progress - Some items have yet to be included while others are missing descriptions.
Yup - Porsche Liepzig isn't on the list, and we've literally seen it. There's also only 90 layouts, and the main page says 120. More to come!

Yup - Porsche Liepzig isn't on the list, and we've literally seen it. There's also only 90 layouts, and the main page says 120. More to come!
Excellent! And good to see some positivity too. While some negativity may be deserved the constant stream of it isn't. I'm still hoping in this game, even if it isn't going to suit everyone

You'll be able to earn XP and credits no matter what mode you race in, this is good news, means custom racing will have a bit more of a purpose.

Also mentions materials, patterns and decals along with colours for the customisation, perhaps a hint at slightly deeper livery editing than maybe expected?

You'll be able to earn XP and credits no matter what mode you race in, this is good news, means custom racing will have a bit more of a purpose.

Also mentions materials, patterns and decals along with colours for the customisation, perhaps a hint at slightly deeper livery editing than maybe expected?

• 10 Unique Liveries
• 20 Decals
• 2 Patterns
• 2 Rims
• 2 Tyres
• 4 License Plates
• 4 Race Numbers
• 2 new characters (male & female) with multiple outfits

Does not sound that deep. The items listed are the 'ignition pack' which confirms race numbers are DLC lol

Looks like its just decals and a pattern you place on the car combined with paint

• 10 Unique Liveries
• 20 Decals
• 2 Patterns
• 2 Rims
• 2 Tyres
• 4 License Plates
• 4 Race Numbers
• 2 new characters (male & female) with multiple outfits

Does not sound that deep. Seems it was mostly hype looks limited

Only 4 race numbers if you want more they are confirm paid DLC

I said deeper than expected. People weren’t expected much. And you’ve listed the contents of a bonus pack so I don’t really get where you’re going.

Maybe it's a special font or a special background for the number. Let's wait and see.
That would make a lot more sense. I rather doubt their plan is to say "you can use any number you want but 99, 3, 6 and 48 are reserved and you'll have to pay extra." Then again, they have made some interesting decisions this go round...

That would make a lot more sense. I rather doubt their plan is to say "you can use any number you want but 99, 3, 6 and 48 are reserved and you'll have to pay extra." Then again, they have made some interesting decisions this go round...

It'll be the number board or something like that. It won't be the actual numbers.

I think you're underestimating the size and the percentage of the gaming community as this vocal minority, if private lobbies aren't in the game especially at launch I don't think it caters to your needs and expectations either.

A lot of the average probably want to drive their favourite car around their favourite track but so far this might be appease a small market with the potential track list out there at the moment

So your opinion is that our racing group that is 4yrs old , should not have access to private lobbies?
Well then it seems yourself and SMS have sadly underestimated Pcars 1 and 2 supporters.
You don't want our business, we understand the bottom line, sales and accessibility for a fun experience.
So when someone disagrees with your opinion, be respectful.

So your opinion is that our racing group that is 4yrs old , should not have access to private lobbies?
Well then it seems yourself and SMS have sadly underestimated Pcars 1 and 2 supporters.
You don't want our business, we understand the bottom line, sales and accessibility for a fun experience.
So when someone disagrees with your opinion, be respectful.

Hi Jeff please can you point out where in the post you have quoted that I state that "your" racing group is 4years old, as well as should not have access to private lobbies, I recall Benny44 wanted to do private lobbies with his friends and the recent news indicated that private lobbies were not possible in the game.

Additionally can you please indicate what portion of the post is being disrespectful?

I think you need to re-read the post and not jump to conclusions before you start posting

Hi Jeff please can you point out where in the post you have quoted that I state that "your" racing group is 4years old, as well as should not have access to private lobbies, I recall Benny44 wanted to do private lobbies with his friends and the recent news indicated that private lobbies were not possible in the game.

Additionally can you please indicate what portion of the post is being disrespectful?

I think you need to re-read the post and not jump to conclusions before you start posting
I replied to the wrong post, my apologies for that

It looks like private lobbies are back in. And I'm back on the hype train. I'm keeping a close eye on that development though, much as a parent keeps a close eye on a child who promises to behave after misbehaving. Just....not fully trusting.

But honestly I'm excited. If they indeed are in, I SHOULD know before the game comes out. Trying to decide on the deluxe or normal edition. I don't believe there's been any pre-order goodies confirmed, other than 3 day early access for the bigger edition. But I believe there will be another bonus for preorder....ers.

Yeah I've been swaying both this and that way about this game. I do really look forward to it now, and will probably end up with the deluxe digital version. Still waiting to find out some more info.

There is something called Ignition Pack, for preorders. No extra cars or tracks, but this:
- 10 unique liveries
- 20 decals
- 2 patterns
- 2 rims
- 2 tyres
- 4 license plates
- 4 race numbers
- 2 new characters (male & female) with multiple outfits and helmet designs

Yeah I've been swaying both this and that way about this game. I do really look forward to it now, and will probably end up with the deluxe digital version. Still waiting to find out some more info.

There is something called Ignition Pack, for preorders. No extra cars or tracks, but this:
- 10 unique liveries
- 20 decals
- 2 patterns
- 2 rims
- 2 tyres
- 4 license plates
- 4 race numbers
Ah yes! I had forgotten about that!

- 10 unique liveries
- 20 decals
- 2 patterns
- 2 rims
- 2 tyres
- 4 license plates
- 4 race numbers

Not sure it's just for pre-orders, at least on console:

Limited Time Offer: this pack is free until September 28th 2020 CEST.

PRE-ORDER OR BUY PROJECT CARS 3 WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM LAUNCH TO BENEFIT FROM THIS LIMITED TIME OFFER.
THE IGNITION PACK CAN BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE FROM PSN OR XBOX LIVE ONLY, FROM LAUNCH DAY AND WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR 30 DAYS

81CgnFl7OPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Latest Posts

Back