Project CARS 3 Money and XP methods

• Thread starter SSAuto
  • 58 comments
OK now i see your lost :crazy:

Not sure where you getting at cause my replay to PJTierney was about starting from level 1,
I wasn't even replying to you. What is the issue? He was asking if is more effective if you buy a car or if you rent it. And than I replied with a cheaper option. Are we cool now?

I wasn't even replying to you. What is the issue? He was asking if is more effective if you buy a car or if you rent it. And than I replied with a cheaper option. Are we cool now?
My apologize i thought you was replying to him for my reply to him i got mix up there my fault.:)

PS4. Doing an oval race on Daytona as we speak using the Ferrari FXX K, on lap 64/99 all I've got is 350,000 XP.
I learn that the car you use may have a impact on the xp.

For simple this afternoon i did 40 laps with the Jesko fully tune at daytona and only got 150k xp

Then i did 40 laps with a fully tune p1 gtr right after and got 1.3m xp

Which is why i only use the fxx-k for indy and the p1 gtr for daytona those 2 combo have yet to fail me since i'm on level 72 :D

I learn that the car you use may have a impact on the xp.

For simple this afternoon i did 40 laps with the Jesko fully tune at daytona and only got 150k xp

Then i did 40 laps with a fully tune p1 gtr right after and got 1.3m xp

Which is why i only use the fxx-k for indy and the p1 gtr for daytona those 2 combo have yet to fail me since i'm on level 72 :D
That's funny then. I've used two cars today: Chevrolet Corvette C8 almost fully tuned and Ferrari FXX K full tuned - the first got me 1,575,338 and the second got me 541,652.

The difference was that with the Corvette I was always changing positions and with the Ferrari FXX K I was in the lead everytime.

Yeah, Daytona seems to give out the best loot. Try the Formula X if you got it cheap a few days ago. It flies around it.

I'm getting the most on Indy. 50 laps in 40 miin.

01376efe-7f7f-4f6e-a9bc-7e02b5b03964_Thumbnail.PNG

Yeah, Daytona seems to give out the best loot. Try the Formula X if you got it cheap a few days ago. It flies around it.

Sorry but that's fails money is 100% base on your current player level. I get that amount for 15 laps around indy.

track has nothing to do with how much xp and money you get.

And which car you use has nothing to do with it cause my xp grinding has been with the p1 gtr.

Proof Same difficulty, same AI number Same setup....

15 Laps Indy

2r0MlVP.jpg

Reloaded my save and replayed the same Player level.
15 Laps Daytona

4fPGRyl.jpg

stop spraying fails info

Sorry but that's fails money is 100% base on your current player level. I get that amount for 15 laps around indy.

track has nothing to do with how much xp and money you get.

And which car you use has nothing to do with it cause my xp grinding has been with the p1 gtr.

Proof Same difficulty, same AI number Same setup....

15 Laps Indy

2r0MlVP.jpg

Reloaded my save and replayed the same Player level.
15 Laps Daytona

4fPGRyl.jpg

stop spraying fails info

There's a lot that can factor into it. Theres no false or truths in it. Everyone is getting quite different results it seems. I can tell by actually playing the game that the tracks can play quite a big part in how fast XP is generated, shorter tracks generating faster due to corner and sector frequency for example.

Plus if everyone is at a different level to you (very likely as all you've done is grind) then everyone's experience of generating XP and cash will be different to yours. If someone has a way thats effective for them it doesn't make it false it just makes it different to how you do it.

@Chikane_GTR In simplest terms, what's your exact method?

I presume it's:

• Indianapolis Oval
  • 15 Laps
  • AI: Legendary + Very High
  • AI Cars: 31
  • Assists: All Off
  • Car: McLaren P1 GTR
Do car choice and upgrades matter? (I bought the Ford Fusion NASCAR when it was on sale so I could potentially use that)

I think I'm past the point where the Knockhill method is useful, so need to optimise Indy now :)

There's a lot that can factor into it. Theres no false or truths in it. Everyone is getting quite different results it seems. I can tell by actually playing the game that the tracks can play quite a big part in how fast XP is generated, shorter tracks generating faster due to corner and sector frequency for example.

Plus if everyone is at a different level to you (very likely as all you've done is grind) then everyone's experience of generating XP and cash will be different to yours. If someone has a way that's effective for them it doesn't make it false it just makes it different to how you do it.

How long or short a track is has nothing to do with it i did a 50 laps race around Knockhill and only got 150k XP

Again wrong i could get over 600K XP from player level 1 with the starter car 86gt and i already proof that.

Last edited:
@Chikane_GTR In simplest terms, what's your exact method?

I presume it's:

• Indianapolis Oval
  • 15 Laps
  • AI: Legendary + Very High
  • AI Cars: 31
  • Assists: All Off
  • Car: McLaren P1 GTR
Do car choice and upgrades matter? (I bought the Ford Fusion NASCAR when it was on sale so I could potentially use that)

I think I'm past the point where the Knockhill method is useful, so need to optimise Indy now :)
Sorry PJTierney i didn't see your post.

My setup is

• Indianapolis Oval - YES
  • 15 Laps -YES
  • AI: Legendary + Very High - YES
  • AI Cars: 5 or 6 i hate traffic :lol:
  • Assists: All Off - YES
  • Car: McLaren P1 GTR :bowdown: - Fully upgraded
  • Car class - ANY

How long or short a track is has nothing to do with it i did a 50 laps race around Knockhill and only got 150k XP

Again wrong i could get over 600K XP from player level 1 with the starter car 86gt and i already proof that.

I'm not arguing with you. Different isn't wrong.

Sorry PJTierney i didn't see your post.

My setup is

• 15 Laps -YES
  • Car class - ANY
Cool, I'll try that.

Interesting that AI number doesn't affect XP.

Is it viable without upgrades, or with any car that's stock? Might need to save up for the car :)

Also, I presume I need to win to get the best bonuses.

Cool, I'll try that.

Is it viable without upgrades, or with any car that's stock? Might need to save up for the car :)

With the class being any you may get something that's faster then the p1 gtr and you need to finish 1st.

Not only you need to win. You need to lead for most of the time too for max xp (long lead bonus). And you also need clean laps. Touching the wall may compromise the end result.

Not only you need to win. You need to lead for most of the time too for max xp (long lead bonus). And you also need clean laps. Touching the wall may compromise the end result.

100% It will effect the results and yup you need to lead the pack and also it doesn't hurt to lap them as well which is why i like waiting for slower cars. :sly:

Cool, I'll try that.

Borrow it for the first few goes.
I was a bit short so I borrowed it for the first go and still got 100,000 credits using Chikane's race settings.
Had to reload the race once to get a good field I could destroy with the stock car.

Once I bought it I was getting over 600,000 XP per race
Paid for itself in two races.

5 or 6 races and my P1 is level 75

Thank you Chikane!:bowdown:

• 15 Laps -YES
  • Car class - ANY

This but with the following tweaks:

• Daytona Oval
  • 20 Laps
  • McLaren P1 GTR, owned, Stock
  • 1 AI Opponent
  • Opponent cars set to Any
  • Difficulty/Assists maxed out

With a clean run that's about 800,000 XP in 15 minutes.

At Level 21 I'm earning ¢ 500,000 in a single run and that'll increase at higher levels.

• Daytona Oval
  • 15 Laps
  • Koenigsegg Jesco, owned, max upgrades (~R1232), some tuning for suspension for faster turns
  • 1 AI Opponent
  • Opponent cars set to Any
  • Difficulty maxed out
  • Assists all are off
I was at level 9 of profile. Race was about 9,5 minutes. 600K XP, 188K credits. During race it was "60K XP".

Yesterday I was with maxed out Ferrari Enzo against "any" 31 AI at the Indy Oval. Was finished 9th (because of many AI with ratings R900+), got 1,2 million XP, 273K credits.

Don't touch walls at Indy and/or Daytona :)

Back