Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
You heard it here first. There will be a new pCARS, it's signed. I can't tell you anything but don't hold your breath on timings. We plan to blow anything else, planned by anyone else, out of the water... That will take a while.

Ongoing kudos to this site.

I know you said "I can't tell you anything", but......

Will there be another WMD associated with it? I would like to get in on it this time if there is.

There are some key multiplayer/league/Dedicated Server related concerns that I would like to see addressed in the next iteration.

You heard it here first. There will be a new pCARS, it's signed. I can't tell you anything but don't hold your breath on timings. We plan to blow anything else, planned by anyone else, out of the water... That will take a while.

Awesome. Just announce the 2018 IndyCar, a Livery Editor, the 2018 IndyCar tracks and the 2007 Panoz DP01 and I'll be even more happy. :)

Will this one have Dundrod? :)

I'm actually going to have a little moan :)
I've had a absolute nightmare racing today even with the wheel.
Racing in rain is fun when it's just rain & wet tarmac, but can we please tone down the puddles or the aquaplaning physics in PC2 in a future patch or at least make it so the AI suffer the same fate as me (which is inevitably in the wall) :)
I do love racing in the rain but some of it is a bit over the top.

I would love a dedicated mx5 series .

Fun cars to drive in my mind.

Loved pc1 and 2 .

Also would a 55 chev be out of the question ? Haha .

I would assume it is coming to PS5, since SONY has pretty much confirmed they are working on it now.

I would assume that consoles will be a next generation thing indeed as they are running close to the max with PC2. Depending on how long the development of PC3 takes they could come with a PC version first and port it later to consoles. I think Sony stated the PS5 wouldn't come before 2021.

I jumped back into PC2 yesterday after the announcement, taking a short break from RDR2, and I found a few new things:
- the randomized weather system would be a lot better if the chances of the extremes would be lower
- equalize the effect of weather conditions on AI cars
- in career mode improvement to the 'team-feeling' would be nice (development of cars for example), also the option to follow certain paths in your career with teams or brands
- voice control of the car management menu during racing
- and to repeat myself: non-scripted career, custom championships and more tracks and cars

Last edited:
Although I find it's remarkable what the current game can achieve and it already has longevity in spades, it would be nice to have a little extra PC2 bonus content (or even some news) to keep the user base engaged (and talking) until the next release. There would be some sense in the business aspect too in not letting those users fragment (plus any extra revenue of coarse), especially since it seems there'll be some tiime to wait.

One thing I do hope for is that "the plans" for PC3 are not too overreaching for us console users.

I'm kind of hoping for a little more PC2 support over the next year if it's possible, not dlc so much but just some extra little tweaks like alternate routes on existing tracks, chicane removals on certain tracks (cough classic monza cough) things like that, maybe a new game mode (offline championships) & a bit more polish (tone the puddles down).

I'll probably keep my 1X until the next gen mid cycle (XB2XPro or something like that) so it'll be nice see that it isn't over yet.

Tbh though I'm not overly fussed as I absolutely love the game, it's the only game I own & play, plus I still got tons to learn, tracks to master, combo's to have fun with so.

Last edited:
Although I find it's remarkable what the current game can achieve and it already has longevity in spades, it would be nice to have a little extra PC2 bonus content (or even some news) to keep the user base engaged (and talking) until the next release. There would be some sense in the business aspect too in not letting those users fragment (plus any extra revenue of coarse), especially since it seems there'll be some tiime to wait.

One thing I do hope for is that "the plans" for PC3 are not too overreaching for us console users.

I agree with this 100%! Obviously I don't know anything about the economics of games, but to me as a user it seems logical to keep the user base onboard - and possibly continuing to grow with continued support and DLC.

It is likely to be a long time until a new game and new console and I am not sure whether it will really be worth it as each successive console generation provides diminishing returns. For the family we had a Wii, XBox360 and PS3, but didn't bother to update the Wii or Xbox because the gaming experience on those is still entertaining enough for the family. I am not sure if I would bother with a PS5 as I am sure it would also require a 4K TV - I will need to see a big jump in performance before reaching for my wallet and definitely will just give up online sim racing if there is too much cost involved (i.e. if a new wheel is also required).

Obviously I don't know anything about the economics of games, but to me as a user it seems logical to keep the user base onboard - and possibly continuing to grow with continued support and DLC.
PD are doing exactly this in releasing regular updates. Every month there's a huge amount of chatter on the forum about what's just been added and what's coming next. Now it could be argued that the original release needed extra content but maybe they planned it this way to keep their users engaged. Obviously PD have a different scale of resources (Sony) to SMS but even a scaled down version of their continued updates has some merit. Even if it's paid for.

I am not sure if I would bother with a PS5 as I am sure it would also require a 4K TV
I said the same thing about the PS4 but succumbed eventually. The PS5 probably wont require a 4K HDR TV but will give you better visuals on one. However it'll probably perform better, speed wise, on a HD TV. Who knows, you might not need a TV at all just a VR headset. ;)

Back