Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
As a huge F1 enthusiast I would like for Project Cars 3 to finally have some official F1 cars preferably the mid 2000s you'll know why ;) And I would love if we could make our own helmet and suit designs like they have it in GT Sport currently, that little customization just makes the whole experience more immersive and you can show your own personality with the helmet
search

I like this idea! At the moment, if we aren't running single make I normally give the fastest drivers the slowest cars, but this would enable the fastest drivers to be handicapped while driving the same cars. Some people might say, "Well that's not fair - why do that?". If you have a mixed ability room and the drivers are separated into categories based on speed / past results, you can get closer, more exciting racing. NB This is not necessary for very large Leagues which run multiple rooms / divisions, each of different speed.

Possibly an easier way to implement this would be via a speed limiter / rev limiter.

I think an easier solution is the reverse start. Be honest, how many rooms are you ever in that doesn't have too huge a lap time difference that a handicap system wouldn't get ridiculous? But start the fastest guys at the back (reverse grid from previous race, have a practice session but no qualy) and at least you give them a challenge, and the slow guys a chance. Time the race to the difference, you ought to be able to get the fast guys battling to get first on the last lap.

I think the amount of data needed to be able to figure out a handicap system for a full room on varying tracks, in varying weather in varying groups is just too much work for all but the most stable and dedicated leagues. But a reverse start... Nice and simple!

As a huge F1 enthusiast I would like for Project Cars 3 to finally have some official F1 cars preferably the mid 2000s you'll know why ;) And I would love if we could make our own helmet and suit designs like they have it in GT Sport currently, that little customization just makes the whole experience more immersive and you can show your own personality with the helmet
search
Agreed on car liveries. As much as I like the 2016 liveries for IndyCar for a series I'm in, I'd like to have a bit of a refresh of liveries for my DCR #19 as we do many seasons. Maybe an adaptation of the 2018 livery onto it or fantasy liveries.

Plus, it's just fun to make liveries and create concepts of what your cars would look like in real life. It's pretty much the only thing I do in GT when it's not near an update.

In the topic of liveries, if an editor isn't possible, I'd like to see more real liveries get thrown into DLC instead of just the E-Sports liveries. The Porsche RSR liveries from Prett and Le Mans would've made great additions for example.

If SMS brings the Gibson engined LMP2 cars, I'd like to see them split down by Dunlop and Michelin shod versions, similar to how SMS split Group C cars by aero packages. I miss the Formula B so much from PC1 for similar reasons, and I'd love to see multiple tire brands replicated somewhere.

Not even going to consider pCARS3 unless SMS seriously work on the controller setup - one that is good out of the box.

Bought pCARS1 at release only to drop it few weeks later due to the crap controller settings that you constantly had to tinkle with. The pCARS2 demo did not impress me either.

MXH
Not even going to consider pCARS3 unless SMS seriously work on the controller setup - one that is good out of the box.

Bought pCARS1 at release only to drop it few weeks later due to the crap controller settings that you constantly had to tinkle with. The pCARS2 demo did not impress me either.

Which games do you consider DO have a good pad control system? I'm afraid you may end up finding out that the more realistic the handling physics and tire models, grip models etc. get, the harder it is going to be on a pad, which doesn't offer the same smoothness and stability of input of a wheel.

You may be confusing more forgiving handling models with ease of pad control...

My wish list for PC3 @IanBell :

• I don't want to see it on current gen consoles.
  • Full VR support on PC and console with close graphical feature parity with 2D version.
  • Full IndyCar series, including all tracks from the relevant season for PC3.
  • More NASCAR content - current & vintage cars and more tracks.
  • F1, but I can't see that happening.
  • Console to have feature parity with PC version. This means support for dedicated servers as well as peer to peer, custom lobby names etc.
  • 32 players the absolute minimum across all platforms but I'd be hoping for far more - 60 cars round Le Mans? Oh yes!
  • Driver swaps and ability for co-drivers to control pit strategy etc and option for them to be spotter.
  • Full course yellows. I'd like to see option for automatic/game driven yellows as well as yellows managed by marshals.
  • Cross platform support!
  • Livery editor for cars and helmets. Ability to share them.
  • Allow hosts to select which setup items are default and which can be set by the drivers. Allow hosts to produce a setup and make it default for a specific session or series.
  • Race replays that can cope with endurance races. We need these for race marshalling race incidents - vital for good league racing.
  • More cars and tracks of course! :-)

• I don't want to see it on current gen consoles. Gets my vote
  • Full VR support on PC and console with close graphical feature parity with 2D version. Gets my vote but hard to do unless VR headsets improve in the meantime
  • Console to have feature parity with PC version. This means support for dedicated servers as well as peer to peer, custom lobby names etc. Gets my vote - I don't own a console but parity is always good in these areas
  • 32 players the absolute minimum across all platforms but I'd be hoping for far more - 60 cars round Le Mans? Oh yes! Gets my vote
  • Driver swaps and ability for co-drivers to control pit strategy etc and option for them to be spotter. Gets my vote
  • Full course yellows. I'd like to see option for automatic/game driven yellows as well as yellows managed by marshals. Gets my vote
  • Cross platform support! Gets my vote
  • Allow hosts to select which setup items are default and which can be set by the drivers. Allow hosts to produce a setup and make it default for a specific session or series. Gets my vote
  • Race replays that can cope with endurance races. We need these for race marshalling race incidents - vital for good league racing. Gets my vote
  • More cars and tracks of course! :-) Gets my vote
Nice list and certainly stuff that would really flesh out what we have in pCARS2.

• Full VR support on PC and console with close graphical feature parity with 2D version.
  • Console to have feature parity with PC version. This means support for dedicated servers as well as peer to peer, custom lobby names etc.
  • 32 players the absolute minimum across all platforms but I'd be hoping for far more - 60 cars round Le Mans? Oh yes!
  • Driver swaps and ability for co-drivers to control pit strategy etc and option for them to be spotter.
  • Full course yellows. I'd like to see option for automatic/game driven yellows as well as yellows managed by marshals.
  • Allow hosts to select which setup items are default and which can be set by the drivers. Allow hosts to produce a setup and make it default for a specific session or series.
  • Race replays that can cope with endurance races. We need these for race marshalling race incidents - vital for good league racing.
This list makes me think of the great possibilities in how amazing pcars 3 is gonna be.

Maybe is time for me to start thinking into buying a 4ktv? :)

I don't think this will happen anyway.

VR interests me and I'd love to have a proper VR system to try racing with.

Yes. Yes and more yes.
Sure. More content. And more ovals and complement the IndyCar well like Kentucky and Fontana.

True. But I'd like to see some competition for the Lotus cars we have in game.

That would be awesome. And having full NASCAR grids and a Rolex 24 Hours grid would create a full track.

Agreed. I've watched a few of the Empty Box iRacing videos in an IndyCar and the yellows seem decently well. I'd also like to see better implementation of flags.

Sure. Why not?

And full race suits too. One of the only reasons I have GT:S is to make liveries. I just don't enjoy that game.

Good idea. That would be an interesting implementation. I'd also like fuel and tyre compound to be adjustable in these races.
Completely agree.

Yep. With Sepang International Circuit adding floodlights for night races, I say it would be a good addition into PC3.

Pretty well sums up exactly what my league is also asking for, ESPECIALLY the bold items.

We are on PC, so a "livery editor" capability is already possible, however you are limited to only 1 custom livery per car model. Would like to see this restriction removed, so that the entire grid could potentially be custom liveries. Something similar to what rFactor 2 supports would be ideal for both number of custom liveries, and sharing method.

Cross platform support would be awesome, as that would increase the available driver pool, however I don't see it happening. That would have to be approved by MS or Sony. If it were to happen, it would be most likely to happen with MS thanks to the Xbox Live service already being Xbox/Windows 10 platform compatible.

Regarding whether PCARS3 should appear on PS4/XBone or the next generation of consoles, I guess I'm in the minority that barely has anything on my wishlist that definitely requires more processing power. I don't know how much room is left to optimize what we've already got, of course, but I think PCARS2 is already sophisticated enough, if they could only polish up PCARS3 better while adding more content, a career mode with more and better gameplay, whatever you want that they can do with the current engine.

There's also a case to be made for putting out a polished current-gen product on a mature platform, as opposed to raising the stakes with a more powerful platform and pushing the envelope again.

Part of my feeling is just a bit of selfishness, though, because I don't use the PS4 for much beyond racing games, and I don't feel like I've gotten quite enough use out of it yet. :P Although a late Gran Turismo 7 on PS4 featuring a Legacy B4 2.0GT spec.B would be enough, regardless if it's only as good of a sim as GTS. :)

I don't know how much room is left to optimize what we've already got, of course, but I think PCARS2 is already sophisticated enough, if they could only polish up PCARS3 better while adding more content, a career mode with more and better gameplay, whatever you want that they can do with the current engine.
In fairness, your issue is probably as a result of disk size. Ian said sometime last year how they had to compress like crazy to get it onto one disk.

In fairness, your issue is probably as a result of disk size. Ian said sometime last year how they had to compress like crazy to get it onto one disk.
Two discs is an option. I guess I figure it's not an obstacle for PS4/XBone/PC, where it's apparently totally normal now for a game to be 100GB.

I have not yet gotten over the fact that my 500GB PS4 is stuffed, while the 32GB + 64GB microSD in my Switch has already swallowed six more games (I have a few more uninstalled PS4 games) with 59GB to spare. Apples and oranges, but it's more obnoxious than Nintendo only including 32GB internal with the Wii U and Switch. At this point I just won't consider any "maybe" purchases like Dakar 18 with its 83GB install size. I empathize with those who struggle with bloated downloads on poor internet, too.

For the PS5 I now know better and will go for the bigger HDD if there's a choice. It'll probably get filled just as easily.

As a huge F1 enthusiast I would like for Project Cars 3 to finally have some official F1 cars preferably the mid 2000s

I would agree with this as they would be extremely popular, however I prefer racing online with the slower, older F1cars - my favourite from PC2 being the Lotus 25. I would add its 12 cylinder competitors the Ferrari 1512 and the 1965 Mexico GP winning Honda RA272.

I had to buy Assetto Corsa to get a front engine F1 car (that game has two different 2.5 litre Maserati 250F's). Project Cars for me needs at least one front engine F1 car. They don't have a Maserati license so how about a 1952/3 Ferrari 500 F2. In those years the World Championship was run to F2 regulations due to a shortage of F1 cars (Alfa Romeo having retired and BRM not being ready). The 2 litre 4 cylinder Ferrari 500 won almost every world championship race in two seasons and gave Alberto Ascari 9 consecutive wins.

ferrari-500-f2-1324596-2384210.jpg

I would agree with this as they would be extremely popular, however I prefer racing online with the slower, older F1cars - my favourite from PC2 being the Lotus 25. I would add its 12 cylinder competitors the Ferrari 1512 and the 1965 Mexico GP winning Honda RA272.

I had to buy Assetto Corsa to get a front engine F1 car (that game has two different 2.5 litre Maserati 250F's). Project Cars for me needs at least one front engine F1 car. They don't have a Maserati license so how about a 1952/3 Ferrari 500 F2. In those years the World Championship was run to F2 regulations due to a shortage of F1 cars (Alfa Romeo having retired and BRM not being ready). The 2 litre 4 cylinder Ferrari 500 won almost every world championship race in two seasons and gave Alberto Ascari 9 consecutive wins.

ferrari-500-f2-1324596-2384210.jpg
This right here, this era needs to be involved.
It's just beautiful, I mean look at it, LOOK AT IT :)

As much of a hardware request as anything else but I wish we could have full VR on consoles. I Accept this won’t be possible with the current gen unfortunately.

As far as tracks and cars concerned I'd like to see SMS prioritize additions that expand the current classes. Perhaps a few licensed series for the different career paths (DTM, V8 Supercars, IMSA). While I enjoy the occasional drive in the older cars I prefer the cars from the last 20 years, maybe because I've seen them in action. A few mid 90's or early zeroes F1 cars would be amazing.

Also for tracks I'd love to see tracks that can expand the current careers, so I don't prefer F1 tracks that are hardly used but tracks like Zandvoort, Jerez, Okayama, Macau and some Indy tracks / ovals.

Here's my list.
  • A fully featured coarse creator
That's it. It'll keep me amused for hours.

I think I've asked for it before but it is Christmas and I've been a very good boy Santa.

If tracks like Road Atlanta and Sebring, or at the very least Sebring ain't finally featured in pc3, then that will be a good reason for getting angry at someone.

Personal disliking towards a particular track can not be a reason anymore to not featuring it, let alone when it's at the top of the list of the most requested ones. Sebring under pc physics has to be an incredible one to have fun with.

Also, Sonoma needs to be redone if possible, and Sakito finally turn into Suzuka..

If tracks like Road Atlanta and Sebring, or at the very least Sebring ain't finally featured in pc3, then that will be a good reason for getting angry at someone.

Personal disliking towards a particular track can not be a reason anymore to not featuring it, let alone when it's at the top of the list of the most requested ones. Sebring under pc physics has to be an incredible one to have fun with.

Also, Sonoma needs to be redone if possible, and Sakito finally turn into Suzuka..
Also Laguna Seca and Imola need laser scanned updates, the version of both on pc2 is badly out of date or inaccurate for racing

If you are on PC, try the Sebring version in rFactor2. Based on 2017 laser scan. That will give you a taste of what Sebring on PC2/3 could be. It WILL knock your teeth loose.

#RespectTheBumps

Latest Posts

Back