Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
I don't think I say this often enough. But I want this.
s1_1.jpg

You heard it here first. There will be a new pCARS, it's signed. I can't tell you anything but don't hold your breath on timings. We plan to blow anything else, planned by anyone else, out of the water... That will take a while.

Ongoing kudos to this site.
Well "Blow me down!"

Fantastic news Mr Bell, and I wish you and your team the best of luck and look forward to learning more about it. We as racing/car junkies salute you.
*Was getting a little worried with the silence at SMS as of late tbh.

I think how enthusiastic we get about PC3 in a couple of years time (and for those wanting it on PS5, better think realistically about the launch date and development time for a new console of a small studio) may have a lot to do with how well the issues facing PC2 are dealt with NOW...

Personally, without a change to host kick removal, I am not going to be the slightest bit interested in waiting 2-3 years for a title that can't fix such an obvious blunder now... It has ruined casual online racing. Get over it SMS, acknowledge the mistake and fix it, and garner back some credibility please.

And I'm also pretty much not going to be a pre-orderer for a game on console with such limitations compared to the PC version until I have seen some of them fixed soon. The ability to sort by ALL rooms online, not just the ones in the 20 you currently see, is essential to finding rooms you want to be involved in, and room titles are essential to finding others with the same mindset as you (clean, demolition derby, etc.). If those don't get addressed in PC3, you may have lost the console market for good... If they are addressed before PC3, you will gain a lot of pre-orders from the largest gaming block out there.

I'd love to see PC3 succeed beyond its wildest dreams. But if it continues the trend from PC1 to PC2 and leave glaring issues unfixed especially in online console porting, I'm not sure how it achieves it...

@simsimsheree I am in a good mood so I am going to give you two points out of latest escapade. I agree with you that a large part of the console players will be sceptical on how the game will perform on consoles out of the box and I agree that fixing up and supporting the current game will increase the amount of people interested from the start in PC3.

On the other hand, most of us get excited over a new release because we enjoyed the first two games. In that we differ that as well as most of us we enjoy the game although basically everybody acknowledges PC2 has its flaws.

I also doubt the game will be released on the current generation of consoles. First we don't know the release date of both PC3 and the next generation of consoles, dependent on that the release platforms might depend on when Sony / Microsoft grant parties like SMS access to their next generation. Usually this happens between a year or two years ahead of the release of the consoles to ensure there are games to play on a new console.

Second I just don't think that this generation of consoles can handle the plans SMS will have for the next game as they already have to compromise the resources on the current generation.

Second I just don't think that this generation of consoles can handle the plans SMS will have for the next game as they already have to compromise the resources on the current generation.

You don't think the Xbox One X can handle it either? IF there is to be another generation of consoles then I might still be interested if that's what it takes to run PC3 effectively but I definitely won't be if it's going to be a PC only thing.

You don't think the Xbox One X can handle it either? IF there is to be another generation of consoles then I might still be interested if that's what it takes to run PC3 effectively but I definitely won't be if it's going to be a PC only thing.

First thing I'd like to say is that I am a Playstation owner so I might have a slight bias in this but no I am quite sure the Xbox One X won't be able to handle it. The Xbox One X is without a doubt the most powerful console on the current market but if we compare the steps previous generations of consoles took over their predecessors the PS5 should be a massive upgrade over the Xbox One X.

Microsoft and Sony made very clear that the Pro and the One X were upgrades in an evolutionary way, not revolutionary as we should expect from the next generation. The extra power of the Pro and One X is also mostly used for graphics and if I'm correct the biggest problem for a game like Project Cars is the amount of data that a console can process compared to a PC.

My estimation is that the next generation of consoles, which I expect in early 2021, will be comparable to very good PCs available right now. This is also a trend consoles tend to follow. For those of us that understand these things better than me this can give an estimation of what we could expect from PC3.

I fully expect PC3 to be a console game, bringing it only to PC would make it too niche. SMS could require certain perfomance standards though to make sure that the game can perform the way they want to.

Last edited:
Bringing 180+ cars and lots of circuits costs a LOT of money. Put simply, there is not enough of a market on PC to justify that outlay unless you are hooked into a high-profile aspect like Formula 1 - and even then I doubt Codies would turn a profit if they only released on PC. Releasing on console is the only realistic way a game of this size is going to get produced. If they were to go the PC-only route, I'd expect a much reduced roster of cars and circuits at launch.

As for releasing on the current range of consoles, I would be surprised if SMS go that route. Significant sacrifices already had to be made to ensure the game could run at anything like an acceptable level on the base-spec machines, so if more detail is to be added (visual and audio fidelity, both for the cars and circuits, along with additional physics modelling) then it's almost certainly going to be too much for the current range of consoles.

As for what I would want from pCARS3, I honestly wouldn't want much more than a refined version of what we have already. Some more cars and circuits are welcome, of course, but it's not like we're short on choice already. I would only really ask for a feature that I requested for both pCARS1 and 2 to be implemented, namely fully independent choice of units for every aspect of the car. If I want temperature in Celcius, I have to have speed in KPH and that just confuses the hell out of my ageing mind :D. It matters not, though, I'm no longer sim-racing :embarrassed:

As a huge fan of both PCars titles, I have to agree there's something to be desired in the online / multiplayer aspect. Speaking purely from console use, room titles and host kicking ability would go a long way in making anonymous room joining more tolerable.

Still very excited to hear that a new version is in the works. Already one copy sold :sly:.

You heard it here first. There will be a new pCARS, it's signed. I can't tell you anything but don't hold your breath on timings. We plan to blow anything else, planned by anyone else, out of the water... That will take a while.

For the love of God, let's show Codemasters how to build a realistic narrow stage point-to-point Rally experience @IanBell

Well isn't this some welcome news as I just came from Fanatecs "Error 503" advent calendar error giveaway.

Welcome back Ian, it's been awhile.

......Racing in rain is fun when it's just rain & wet tarmac, but can we please tone down the puddles or the aquaplaning physics in PC2 in a future patch....
I do love racing in the rain but some of it is a bit over the top.
Ditto to this. I love Pcars2 but generally dread having to race in rain, especially if it involves the dreadful puddles. The aquaplaning is much too much IMO. It kills the enjoyment of racing to me.

Ditto to this. I love Pcars2 but generally dread having to race in rain, especially if it involves the dreadful puddles. The aquaplaning is much too much IMO. It kills the enjoyment of racing to me.
The thing is some tracks do it well in the right places & quite believable, (Fuji, Bathurst even the Nordschleife) & other are just like being on an ice rink, (Dubai/Classic Hockenheim) are just over the top.

Please not - please no rally, hillclimb or point to point in Project Cars 3. Fine in another title, but for me any time spent on rally is time wasted that could be spent on an improved track roster.

TBF I hadn't included a clear meaning, I'd happily see this come to PC3 as additional DLC, which I feel RX could have included. At least a taster in the main game, to help get more people into the exciting world of off-road competition. Then offer more DLC for those who want extra. There are other games which include some off-road options, so Rally would ensure PC3 remains "up to date" when it lands in a year or two.

Wow! Hard to read about some people's greatest concern is the units the temps or pressures are in! I'm guessing these people don't get online much..!

We all have a content wishlist, but let's be honest... If every aspect of PC2 actually worked, if commonsense online features like host kick returned, if the lobby system got a total rewrite on console to bring it at least to parity with the PC's version (and all of the missing features exist on current PS4 games, so it is NOT a 'console issue'), if the weather system got tweaked to more realistic settings (no more red flag conditions), if the AI got tweaked to better class to class and track to track parity, if stock tunes got tweaked for more consistency, wouldn't that alone be a new and far better game?

Sure, I'd love a few more cars and tracks. But I would be lining up to give SMS my money without a single one, if I could TRUST them to finally resolve these long-term issues. Promise.

But new cars and tracks and some sort of half-working matchmaking system and the same tired litany of unfixed issues is not going to get my hard earned cash out of my wallet. Just fix what we have. I'll pay happily.

Hard to read about some people's greatest concern is the units the temps or pressures are in!
Just because they write about it doesn't mean it's their greatest concern...

if the weather system got tweaked to more realistic settings (no more red flag conditions),
Have you ever thought that maybe some people want to drive in those conditions because they'd be red flag conditions?

wouldn't that alone be a new and far better game?
It's weird how implementing our suggestions would improve the game for ourselves...

I guess the small things gain your approval because the large ones you've given up on?

Anybody can race with the wrong units. But it's hard to race casually when it is close to impossible to curate a clean room and boot griefers.

Trust me, you don't want to hear my litany list of the small things! I try to concentrate on the large ones, because they have the major impact. I'm betting you don't REALLY want to hear about slightly offset cockpits in some open wheelers, when we are discussing a new game!

I guess the small things gain your approval because the large ones you've given up on?
Hmm. I don't remember hiring a psychiatrist.

Anybody can race with the wrong units.
Anyone can bring up topics too. Which there are a wide variety.

Trust me, you don't want to hear my litany list of the small things!
Wow. I'm surprised you have more than the usual list... Feel free. It's a suggestion thread.

i think ….it's a dirt oriented game, maybe a "Pcars Dirt".
and i hope to see "Online real driver change" at pits, this time. this feature is really missing in Pcars2, to have a Online 24h race endurance.

Anybody can race with the wrong units. But it's hard to race casually when it is close to impossible to curate a clean room and boot griefers.

Trust me, you don't want to hear my litany list of the small things! I try to concentrate on the large ones, because they have the major impact. I'm betting you don't REALLY want to hear about slightly offset cockpits in some open wheelers, when we are discussing a new game!
The slightly offset steering wheel in some open cockpit race cars were to make way for the gear stick, it was like that in real life aswell, some more severe than others mind you.

- option to carry over previous race status
Hoping for an option to carry over vehicle status (fuel level, tire wear, damage, etc.) from the previous multiplayer race. Few players would ever do a 24-hour race non-stop in real time; this option would allow us to break it down to eight 3-hour races.

- host-enforced BoP
Hoping for the host to be able to manually reduce air restrictor size and adjust weight/fuel capacity for particular players.

- host-enforced BoP
Hoping for the host to be able to manually reduce air restrictor size and adjust weight/fuel capacity for particular players.

I like this idea! At the moment, if we aren't running single make I normally give the fastest drivers the slowest cars, but this would enable the fastest drivers to be handicapped while driving the same cars. Some people might say, "Well that's not fair - why do that?". If you have a mixed ability room and the drivers are separated into categories based on speed / past results, you can get closer, more exciting racing. NB This is not necessary for very large Leagues which run multiple rooms / divisions, each of different speed.

Possibly an easier way to implement this would be via a speed limiter / rev limiter.

Back