Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
Aren't save file sizes restricted by Sony/MS on console?

Is not his problem but sms'.
I don't get the restrictions. We've got external harddrives, we have as much memory as we ourselves like so why should I care who limits the save file. I'm biuying the game from sms so sms need to take this up with sony not us.

If we as customers allow responsabilities to be shared they can keep pushing people around.

I know this is unrealistic but hey one can dream of a better world right. :P

Hey, I'm just passing on information that might not already be common knowledge :)

Is not his problem but sms'.
I don't get the restrictions. We've got external harddrives, we have as much memory as we ourselves like so why should I care who limits the save file. I'm biuying the game from sms so sms need to take this up with sony not us.

If we as customers allow responsabilities to be shared they can keep pushing people around.

I know this is unrealistic but hey one can dream of a better world right. :P

I disagree - if there's a restriction imposed by the platform holder then it's the platform holder that we should complain to. SMS are a 3rd party studio, as such they won't get any special treatment no matter how much they moan at MS/Sony.

Perhaps that will all change with Project Cars 3 on the madbox, mid race saves for everybody.

Little screen pops up, Sir would you like to save this race for $.050 (cents)

Yes, I would.

I know this is unrealistic but hey one can dream of a better world right.
Sony are increasing the "cloud" storage limit for ps plus users from 10 to 100Gb this month. So, since this is quite a large amount, maybe they will also increase the local file save limit as well. As you say we can only dream. ;)

As I did a few races tonight I found another I'd like to see improved in PC3. The option to BOP car classes and / or spread them to a certain time difference per lap to improve racing in classes. It would also be nice to not only select the classes in race but also the exact cars and of course see which car is which in the results screen / timetable

There are certain classes that I just don't bother with anymore because it's almost impossible to have a good competitive solo race unless you're in that dominant car. But if I could just eliminate that one car there are a lot of cars I would like to try and drive again.

There are certain classes that I just don't bother with anymore because it's almost impossible to have a good competitive solo race unless you're in that dominant car. But if I could just eliminate that one car there are a lot of cars I would like to try and drive again.

Another option of course is to select Identical opponents instead of same class but that takes away a certain charm in my opinion

Suggestions....Don’t rush the release, test the hell out of it then release a fully working game and do not take your customers for granted, don’t leave it 6 months to iron out bugs that were reported by multiple players in the first week.

What I wish for Project Cars 3 (not listing things that are already in PC2)

- New car manufacturers: Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Abarth, more Volkswagens
- New circuits: Not much to complain here. I'd like more road circuits (like California and Cote d'Azur)
- Shorter loading screens for the love of god!! :D
- More customizable private tests (full replays, track days, etc..)
- Improved Garage mode, something like forzavista.
- Improved graphics overall
- Livery editor would be glorious
- VR MODE ON PS4!!!

Last edited:

- New circuits: Not much to complain here. I'd like more road circuits (like California and Cote d'Azur)
- VR MODE ON PS4!!!
You might want to wish for it to be on the PS4 before wishing for VR on the PS4 :)

- VR MODE ON PS4!!!
Can't say I disagree with any of these. VR mode isn't my top priority but people want it for a reason. I'd like them to continue to expand car classes like Touring Car into a TCR class and bring in the NGTC cars.

Can't say I disagree with any of these. VR mode isn't my top priority but people want it for a reason. I'd like them to continue to expand car classes like Touring Car into a TCR class and bring in the NGTC cars.
VR is a no brainer for this game on next gen as SMS have already put a lot of effort into the VR experience on PC. The only reason it is not on PSVR I suspect is that the engine is already struggling on base PS4 and they know there was no way in hell it was going to work well with VR. I'd have still liked a PC2 VR "experience" like GT Sport has but really SMS would not have really benefitted from that extra investment.

VR is a no brainer for this game on next gen as SMS have already put a lot of effort into the VR experience on PC. The only reason it is not on PSVR I suspect is that the engine is already struggling on base PS4 and they know there was no way in hell it was going to work well with VR. I'd have still liked a PC2 VR "experience" like GT Sport has but really SMS would not have really benefitted from that extra investment.

I think is nearly impossible to have more than 4 cars on track on PSVR

I'm just going to add a content request here in the hope that this thread will be considered during development.

I'd love to see the Goodwood Road Racing circuit added (i'm not talking about the hill climb) and enough classic cars to do some of the standout races, namely in my personal view the Kinrara Trophy and RAC TT. So that means E-type coupe's, DB4GT's, we already have the Ferrari 250's but please please please give us the GTO, a racing Cobra coupé would be nice (in addition to the Daytona), and then some proper classic Jaguar racing pedigree like the D-type and Lister-Jaguar coupé.

I think this circuit would be a real coup for a simulator: it's famous the world over, can be laser scanned in the UK, and to my knowledge hadn't been included in another racing game to date.

I just love classic racing and really hope they seek to include some more into the next installment.

I'd love to see the Goodwood Road Racing circuit added (i'm not talking about the hill climb).I think this circuit would be a real coup for a simulator: it's famous the world over and can be laser scanned in the UK.

Seconded! And I am sure many other people would also welcome this track - however I fear that licensing might be very expensive. If it is not economic there are other tracks in the UK which can be scanned (or partially scanned) such as Crystal Palace, London (1.39 miles) or how about Aintree, Liverpool - built as "The Goodwood of the North" (3 miles) it hosted the British Formula One GP five times (1955, 1957, 1959, 1961, 1962).

I'd love to see the Goodwood Road Racing circuit added (i'm not talking about the hill climb) and enough classic cars to do some of the standout races, namely in my personal view the Kinrara Trophy and RAC TT. So that means E-type coupe's, DB4GT's, we already have the Ferrari 250's but please please please give us the GTO, a racing Cobra coupé would be nice (in addition to the Daytona), and then some proper classic Jaguar racing pedigree like the D-type and Lister-Jaguar coupé.

I agree with this, however rather than reproduce races from Goodwood, I think a better approach is to reproduce a selection of cars from the entry lists of actual races - the March edition of Classic and Sports Car for instance has a two page ad for a 1963 Jaguar E-Type Factory Lightweight Roadster - this car raced in 1964 at Nurburgring, Reims, Spa, Goodwood and Kyalami - in company with Ferrari 250 LM's, 250 GTO's, Cobra 289 Roadsters and Porsche 904's.

After a ridiculous amount of procrastination I finally have some suggested car lists ready for different classes which I will post over the coming weeks. First Historic Single Seaters:

PC3 Cars HSS 1950 to 1953.jpg

Above: HSS stands for Historic Single Seater. 50 stands for the year of the rule set so for example further classes could be HSS-54 for 2.5 litre F1, HSS-61 for 1.5 litre F1 and HSS-66 for 3 litre F1. A, B and C describe F1, F2 and F3 or their approximate equivalents.

I envisage a worst case scenario where, from this period, there is just one F1 car (Ferrari 375) one F2 (Ferrari 500) and one F3 car (SMS Original version of a Cooper), however this would at least provide a career ladder i.e. F3 to F2 to F1. It would also be possible to race the F1 and F2 cars at the same time as often happened in real life in non-championship events (in this period with relatively few World Championship races, most races were non-championship).

In an ideal world Alfa Romeo is added to the game and a type 159 F1 car battles a Ferrari 375 - in which case there are interesting strategic decisions to make - race the very thirsty Alfa which requires frequent fuel stops and undergoes massive handling changes as it uses up its 66 gallons or race the slower, less powerful, but economical and easier to handle Ferrari.

If it was possible to add the BRM Type 15 V16 the 1952 and 1953 seasons could be re-imagined - sadly this car was not ready for Grand Prix racing so competed only in Formula Libre and the 1952 and 1953 World Championship seasons were held to F2 rules.

With the pace of improvement in motor racing, cars from the later 2.5 litre F1 formula sometimes competed successfully against the old 4.5 litre cars e.g. the Maserati 250F. I will suggest a few of those cars on a different sheet labelled HSS-54-A etc.

Last edited:
The (Class GTD) Mercedes Benz 300 SL (1952 Le Mans winner) is one of my favourite cars to drive in PC2 - great sound, excellent cockpit view, good default setup with involving, lively handling - not too fast - a good stepping stone to other classics within the game, but it's an orphan car!

I put a lot of thought into suggesting cars from the era, with similar performance which have a variety of shapes and sounds (engine layouts) to give the best possible gaming experience. The cars suggested would work well in single class or together and to give greater options I have suggested splitting GTD into sub-classes: GTD-LM, GTD-GT and GTD-T.

The idea of a series of career ladders established by my previous suggestion is continued so a Historic Career could be HSS-50-C, HSS-50-B, HSS-50-A or branching sideways to GTD after F3 (HSS-50-C) or F2 (HSS-50-B). Most European racers started their career in F3, but some drivers such as Fangio started in large American saloons before moving to single seaters. A Historic Career could offer this by including some events for my GTD-T suggestion.

PC3 Cars GTD.jpg

I tried to include just marques that were already in the game, but felt I couldn't leave out the Allard J2 Cadillac - historically it played a big part in early US road racing and also gave both Carroll Shelby (Father of the Cobra) and Zora Arkus Duntov (Father of the Corvette) first hand experience of the small sports car with big engine concept.

Suggested track to go with the above cars - Pebble Beach Road Course - 2.1 miles - open from 1950-1956 - the birthplace of American road racing.

I hope for a career mode similar to fifa the journey. You develop the driver, you have cutscenes, a storyline, other characters, a rival etc. etc...

From kart to lemans going through all the series. Removing fake fb and fa. You have flashbacks playing as your mentor/father in historic cars and circuits.

Right now, classic career mode in manu games totally lacks of immersion.

I hope for a career mode similar to fifa the journey. You develop the driver, you have cutscenes, a storyline, other characters, a rival etc. etc...

From kart to lemans going through all the series. Removing fake fb and fa. You have flashbacks playing as your mentor/father in historic cars and circuits.

This is what I miss in a race sim.
I like a good game, wheter it's a sim or not shouldn't matter in this aspect.

I agree the career can use more immersion but I would prefer to add in a less scripted way than FIFA's The Journey. Also I am the first to admit that I don't know exactly what would be the best option.

My first advice for career concentrates on two things. First, don't make it scripted for replay value. If custom championship will be added this point is less important and second don't make it solely about winning. For example when you're racing GT4 say you have to get top 4 in the championship to get to GT3.

For realism I would love to see a way to implement money in the championship. I would see this in a way that you earn prize money, have sponsors, can earn money through invitationals ( see it as getting paid for PR ) and have to bring money / sponsors for your seats. This way also better teams could ask for more money or would only be accessible if you preformed very well in the past. Invitationals / manufacturer events should be limited by x times a season then of course or at least the amount you can get paid.

I agree the career can use more immersion but I would prefer to add in a less scripted way than FIFA's The Journey. Also I am the first to admit that I don't know exactly what would be the best option.

My first advice for career concentrates on two things. First, don't make it scripted for replay value. If custom championship will be added this point is less important and second don't make it solely about winning. For example when you're racing GT4 say you have to get top 4 in the championship to get to GT3.

For realism I would love to see a way to implement money in the championship. I would see this in a way that you earn prize money, have sponsors, can earn money through invitationals ( see it as getting paid for PR ) and have to bring money / sponsors for your seats. This way also better teams could ask for more money or would only be accessible if you preformed very well in the past. Invitationals / manufacturer events should be limited by x times a season then of course or at least the amount you can get paid.

This sort of reminds me of the way Grid Autosport used to work. You created your team livery but the sponsors you could get would be dependent on how well you performed. Win more races and better sponsors appear, but they will demand more regarding race performance.

I can't think of something I would want less.

Couldn't stand this approach when Grid did it and personally don't want it for PC3.

I can't think of something I would want less.

Couldn't stand this approach when Grid did it and personally don't want it for PC3.

What would be your view on carreer be?
What it is now? Would you change something?

Would you still dislike the idea as much if there was a custom championship mode?

What would be your view on carreer be?
What it is now? Would you change something?

Would you still dislike the idea as much if there was a custom championship mode?
Personally I don't have much of an issue with what we have now, add in the ability to create custom championships and I would be perfectly happy.

My main issues with the current career isn't how it structured, rather with the balancing of the AI, scripted weather, etc.

Personally I don't have much of an issue with what we have now, add in the ability to create custom championships and I would be perfectly happy.

My main issues with the current career isn't how it structured, rather with the balancing of the AI, scripted weather, etc.

Personal taste.

IMO What we have now is basically a sum of custom championships with locked options and a standing calculator. The career totally lacks of any immersion and feeling of progression and adds nothing to the basic custom championships mode (not counting that weather system is broken versus IA).

Back