Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
Of course improving weather is a good option. Though I'd prefer to see a new implementation of it than the slots. I'd much rather have a % of rain for the race and the game decides the weather. Maybe your engineer can tell you what the percentage chance is as well.

For example: "The chance of rain is 70% in the next 30 minutes. But there is no rain expected for the rest of the race beyond that."
"The chance of rain for this hour is 25% but it is not expected to arrive for another 50 minutes."

Of course, that's a dream. But SMS have done things I'd have said was a dream a few years ago playing GT or the F1 games.

I agree with the weather needing an overhaul. My biggest problem with it is that, no matter what weather you select, the track always starts dry and the livetrack only starts changing from the start of the session. From watching Yorkie's video on the weather I know that it's a percentage alteration for the livetrack, I just wish that the game could decide what percentage the weather should be at when the session starts... simulating how long it has been precipitating for.

Even better would be where you could see in the loading screen for the session what the weather had been like in the preceding few hours... thus opening up the possibility of starting qualifying on a drying track and having to weigh up the odds of coming out immediately on wets or waiting to run with slicks...risking that another rain shower won't roll in.

One possibility for customising this could be that the weather selection screen gets an overhaul, and instead of selecting the weather for each segment, you instead select the weather for each hour, kind of like when you view a weather forecast on a website...possibly even up to the 25 hours around a race(to simulate the hour before a 24 hour race). Then, whatever time the race starts, you get the weather that was selected for the race start time, plus an estimation of the track conditions based on the preceding weather.

This, coupled with the percentage chance that Jake mentioned, could create a truly life-like weather experience, which is already one of the biggest strong points of the game.

Last edited:
My biggest problem with it is that, no matter what weather you select, the track always starts dry

No it don't, if I select thunderstorm in the 1st box then the race will start in a thunderstorm on a completely soaked track & I'll have to start with wet tyre's on.

Unless I've misunderstood what you are saying.

No it don't, if I select thunderstorm in the 1st box then the race will start in a thunderstorm on a completely soaked track & I'll have to start with wet tyre's on.

Unless I've misunderstood what you are saying.

If you select light rain, the track will start dry and get progressively more wet. I did a championship race at Hockenheim where qualifying was in light rain and every practise session, online and offline, was the same. Same on the actual qualifying as well.

If you select light rain, the track will start dry and get progressively more wet. I did a championship race at Hockenheim where qualifying was in light rain and every practise session, online and offline, was the same. Same on the actual qualifying as well.
I understand what you mean. It's always faster in the first 2 minutes of a rain race than the rest of it.

If there is one thing I wish pC had it would really be a carreer mode that actually captures your attention.

My biggest issue with pC2 being that career is just a championshipmode. It doesn't grab the attention and your never racing for anythong else but racing. There is no bond with the team etc.

So if they could finally implement a true career I wiuld be so happy.

And if they don't stop making careers and give the option for custom championships.

Edit: also liked the weather proposals with %

If there is one thing I wish pC had it would really be a carreer mode that actually captures your attention.

My biggest issue with pC2 being that career is just a championshipmode. It doesn't grab the attention and your never racing for anythong else but racing. There is no bond with the team etc.

So if they could finally implement a true career I wiuld be so happy.

And if they don't stop making careers and give the option for custom championships.

Edit: also liked the weather proposals with %

My favorite thing about early GT, was buying a second hand car, gradually upgrading it to its max or until it was undriveable and earn money to finally buy a proffesional racing car. All the while getting your licenses to move up tiers. That sense of progression is missing in modern racing games.

My favorite thing about early GT, was buying a second hand car, gradually upgrading it to its max or until it was undriveable and earn money to finally buy a proffesional racing car. All the while getting your licenses to move up tiers. That sense of progression is missing in modern racing games.
yeah absolutely. I enjoyed all of that so much too. If GT always had something good to it, was, precisely, the passion for all cars and how you get them.

There was nothing like starting with those 10000 credits and having to buy either a Nissan Primera or a toyota Supra with more than 10000Km.

Back then when we truly loved cars. GT has been indeed the most important game about cars ever in history. That is unquestionable.

Just imagine GT7 having proper physics as well as weather, all with a wheel now. Having to begin again by buying another Primera or Supra with lots of Km, but now with the physics, the weather and your t300-g29-whichever your wheel.

Watching the Rolex 24, I'd love to have the DPis, Oreca 07s, BMW M8 and Lexus RC-F from the main race. And the cars from the MPC race now as we only have the old Aston Vantage in GT4.

We have the Mustang RTR GT4 too, which is awesome, and the BMW isn't too far off from the M4. I thought for sure the Camaro GT4 would have been added with DLC. Oh well.

We have the Mustang RTR GT4 too, which is awesome, and the BMW isn't too far off from the M4. I thought for sure the Camaro GT4 would have been added with DLC. Oh well.
Yeah. But they're not the actual cars. And I'm a snob for it. :P With the same case for the Cayman.

Okay, one different thing I've thought is for the time to repair damage to be reduced, or at least have the option to be reduced, especially in online lobbies.

Similar to how the end of race timer gets adjusted to the length of the lap, the damage repair time could be automatically adjusted to the length of the race. Say they work off the basis that a 24 hour race gets a full damage repair time 'penalty' (even up to 30 minutes) and a race lasting less than 5 minutes has a minimum 10 second time 'penalty' to repair damage.

With the difference between the values it works out as a 1.25 multiplication factor between the minutes of the race and the seconds of a full damage pit stop. So a 30 minute race would make the maximum stop time 37.5 seconds to repair maximum damage. An hour race would be 75 seconds.

I know it seems a drastic change, not a simulation of real damage repair and I'm not suggesting the results from my quick rudimentary maths are perfect from the off, but it would alter the focus of online racing to be more about the actual racing than the race simulation.

Most of the online races are between 10 and 30 minutes in length outside of league lobbies, so getting taken out in the first corner and having to sit on the pits for 5 minutes after limping round for a lap effectively means your race is over. Realistic, I know, but not exactly fun. It's why a 30 minute race with a full lobby can be down to less than 10 racers on the first lap. After the usual online shenanigans, it's just not worth peoples time to persevere, and that does kill the racing.

Okay, one different thing I've thought is for the time to repair damage to be reduced, or at least have the option to be reduced, especially in online lobbies.

Similar to how the end of race timer gets adjusted to the length of the lap, the damage repair time could be automatically adjusted to the length of the race. Say they work off the basis that a 24 hour race gets a full damage repair time 'penalty' (even up to 30 minutes) and a race lasting less than 5 minutes has a minimum 10 second time 'penalty' to repair damage.

With the difference between the values it works out as a 1.25 multiplication factor between the minutes of the race and the seconds of a full damage pit stop. So a 30 minute race would make the maximum stop time 37.5 seconds to repair maximum damage. An hour race would be 75 seconds.

I know it seems a drastic change, not a simulation of real damage repair and I'm not suggesting the results from my quick rudimentary maths are perfect from the off, but it would alter the focus of online racing to be more about the actual racing than the race simulation.

Most of the online races are between 10 and 30 minutes in length outside of league lobbies, so getting taken out in the first corner and having to sit on the pits for 5 minutes after limping round for a lap effectively means your race is over. Realistic, I know, but not exactly fun. It's why a 30 minute race with a full lobby can be down to less than 10 racers on the first lap. After the usual online shenanigans, it's just not worth peoples time to persevere, and that does kill the racing.

In that case just disable damage.

In that case just disable damage.

That doesn't solve the issue though? Fighting back from adversity after getting a damaged car whether it's from your own fault or otherwise is all part of racing. Some of the great drives have been brought about from that scenario. At the moment though, the game hampers that by penalising the person with damage too much... I'm just offering an alteration that scales that scenario into the time frame that the majority of us racers have to spend.

That doesn't solve the issue though? Fighting back from adversity after getting a damaged car whether it's from your own fault or otherwise is all part of racing. Some of the great drives have been brought about from that scenario. At the moment though, the game hampers that by penalising the person with damage too much... I'm just offering an alteration that scales that scenario into the time frame that the majority of us racers have to spend.

Sure, you include that as an extra option. You would have to have a mandatory pit stop anyway because without that you are still way down including drive through time. With that it could make sense.

You would have to have a mandatory pit stop anyway because without that you are still way down including drive through time. With that it could make sense.

Yeah, you're still way down, but you still have a chance. Don't forget, that would be a maximum time to repair maximum damage. Even with repairing max damage, the full pit stop including pit lane time would be around the 1 minute mark. Depending on the car you would be between less than two sectors to one lap down on the average circuit. Over half an hour it would still be possible to gain a podium, obviously depending on your pace and the pace of others around you.

Don't forget, at the moment the maximum damage repair time is around 300 seconds if I remember, and doesn't change depending on the length of the race, and that doesn't include pit lane travel time.

So I don't get how you can say that my method would need even more time shaved off by having a mandatory pit stop for it to 'make sense'

A common complaint in pCARS1 was that damage was fixed too quickly (it was unrealistic), so it was increased for pCARS2 (but still reduced from what was in, pre-release) but is still nowhere near the crippling level you see in, say, iRacing (one of our league's cars was taken out at T1 in the 24 hour Daytona race - yes, even iRacing has its share of "must overtake everybody in the 1st corner, even though it's a 24-hour race :rolleyes: - and the repairs took over 30 minutes, even after which the wheel was 90-degrees out and top-speed was reduced by 10kph).

In an ideal scenario you would have a realistic repair time and then an option to scale that. I doubt scaling it automatically is the right way of doing things as it just breeds bad habits "oh it's OK to smash somebody out, they'll be back on track in 20 seconds and my damage will be fixed super-fast aswell".

A common complaint in pCARS1 was that damage was fixed too quickly (it was unrealistic), so it was increased for pCARS2 (but still reduced from what was in, pre-release) but is still nowhere near the crippling level you see in, say, iRacing

Ah thanks a lot for the insight. I had pCARS1 but never got into it too deep as pCARS2 had already been released so moved onto that fairly quickly.

Yeah, I was thinking of having it as an option rather than a mandatory feature. I don't think anything will stop the bad habits creeping in though. I'm often astounded at how chaotic first laps can be.

I saw some out takes from the iRacing Daytona race and was shocked at some of the moves. There was one massive dive bomb on Jimmy Broadbent with 20 minutes to go that could have been a disaster!

Need better shifter model with clutch and transmission damage in case of improper shifting and better force feedback out of the box(without Jackspade ffb file)

As I did a few races tonight I found another I'd like to see improved in PC3. The option to BOP car classes and / or spread them to a certain time difference per lap to improve racing in classes. It would also be nice to not only select the classes in race but also the exact cars and of course see which car is which in the results screen / timetable

Reading and catching up here, lots of good ideas!
I'm in the process of the 24 LeMans, mid race save please.

Yes - mid-race save definitely.

I would also like to see a big improvement in online hosts options. Back on GT6 I could save multiple room settings - this is very useful for someone like me who hosts league events sometimes with differences between events. Being able to save multiple settings means you can title them for different championships and greatly reduces the risk of hosting errors. Despite using a checklist, hosting errors are always a strong possibility with PC2.

For some reason there is still no "Reverse Grid" option, but this has been available on other games and is a feature of some real life series including the BTCC.

If we have a custom championship option in the next game, I would definitely want to be able to save mid race, save the championship mid season etc.

Mid race save was discussed either during development or soon after release (can't remember which for sure), from memory the sticking point for it was/is the sheer size of the save file it would need, with all the Livetrack data that would be involved.

Mid race save was discussed either during development or soon after release (can't remember which for sure), from memory the sticking point for it was/is the sheer size of the save file it would need, with all the Livetrack data that would be involved.
That data is currently all stored in RAM during the session. And we all know that at least consoles have 60x more HDD storage than RAM, so that's not really a valid concern. It could simply be limited to a few races (like it is with saving replays).

Aren't save file sizes restricted by Sony/MS on console?
If they can save replays, they could also save a static point in time. There are probably other reasons (for example, people would whine that saving mid race would make it more simcade :banghead:).

Back