Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
I agree the career can use more immersion but I would prefer to add in a less scripted way than FIFA's The Journey. Also I am the first to admit that I don't know exactly what would be the best option.

My first advice for career concentrates on two things. First, don't make it scripted for replay value. If custom championship will be added this point is less important and second don't make it solely about winning. For example when you're racing GT4 say you have to get top 4 in the championship to get to GT3.

For realism I would love to see a way to implement money in the championship. I would see this in a way that you earn prize money, have sponsors, can earn money through invitationals ( see it as getting paid for PR ) and have to bring money / sponsors for your seats. This way also better teams could ask for more money or would only be accessible if you preformed very well in the past. Invitationals / manufacturer events should be limited by x times a season then of course or at least the amount you can get paid.

Agree, i wrote FIFA Just to bring in the idea. Also car development Is something that is missing. F1 game style.

The Class GTC Aston Martin DBR1/300 (1959 Le Mans winner) is one of my favourite cars to drive in PC2 (and has my highest in game mileage) - great sound, excellent cockpit view, good default setup with involving, lively handling, which feels authentic (although obviously I have not driven this car in real life). This class (GTC) has really come to life with the recent Ferrari DLC - namely the 1957 250 TR and 1961 250 GT. Anyone who hasn't tried these cars - I strongly recommend trying them at the classic tracks in the game - the DLC is well worth the cost

I put a lot of thought into suggesting cars from the era, with similar performance which have a variety of shapes and sounds (engine layouts) to give the best possible gaming experience (most of the cars suggested raced together at le Mans in 1960). The cars suggested would work well in single class or together and to give greater options I have suggested splitting GTD into sub-classes: GTD-LM and GTD-GT.

PC3 Cars GTC.jpg

I tried to include just marques that were already in the game, but felt I couldn't leave out the Maserati T61 Birdcage - this car was fast, light and great handling - successful at shorter races it was too fragile for marathons like Le Mans - addition of Maserati to the game would enable inclusion of the Maserati 250F to represent front engine F1 cars from the 2.5 litre era. I have also suggested the Lister Knobbly Jaguar which enjoyed many domestic battles with the Aston DBR1 in 1958 and '59 and dominated SCCA racing in the USA during this period. they were not so successful in European races at which 3 litre engine limits applied as the Jaguar engine was not good in this reduced size. Addition of Lister to the game would enable inclusion of the fabulous Lister Storm - the 7 litre front engine V12 GT car.

Suggested track to go with the above cars - Reims-Geux - sometimes home of the French GP and often scene of slip streaming battles in single seaters and GT cars.

As usual I have no idea what you are talking about but I agree with you that it would be nice to expand on the current vintage car classes and add to some classic tracks to them.

More is better lol, add everything, give me 100 tracks, double the cars. Kidding I'm getting a bit carried away.

A few suggestions I can make...

Detailed Event Format Customization: Adjust settings like whether qualifying is normal or knockout-style, whether an event is one race or multiple smaller races. Further detail in event formatting can make series' such as rally cross or touring car racing much more immersive.

More weather customization: The current weather options are great. Perhaps introducing chance-based forecasting would make weather patterns more strategic. Currently when selecting weather patterns the weather at a certain time is definite. Making an option for chance based weather could have something like a percent chance a given weather pattern will develop. I.e: 40% of rain within an hour of the race would mean there is a CHANCE rain will occur. Also the ability to disable certain weather types in random weather would be nice.

Single-Player Custom Championships: Like online championships in PC2 but for single-player with AI.

A few additions to the online championship tool would be nice:
- The ability to make your own BOP settings, simple things like max weight and power restrictions would go a long way here.
- Adding more/switching players while the season has started, this is the biggest reason we are not using this tool atm. in the leagues i'm in.

I think there are lots of things that could really polish the game and give it nice touches here and there.

Some built in tutorials (perhaps) even video based on a lot of the features with respect to settings I think would help lots of people. Yes there are lots of good ones by people on variuos sites like this one, but some one new to the game or SIM racing will not know about them. I think they could also include several preferred settings options based on the beta testing that I am sure they will be doing if just in house. Or things like pick your tv size, viewing distance and other things to help automate the settings process.

Definately mini series outside of career mode, with option to customize these in lots of ways and share configuration of series with online play.

I agree with as a minimum basic livery, I think it would help add depth, especially to online play, leagues etc.

The user interface is not bad, however could use a lot of work. For myself the car tunning menus are somewhat difficult to navigate, but more so because really have not used much.

For setting laps or just track testing. Let me choose a different car with out leaving or going back to main menu.

Lots of little things make for really nice experience.

Looks like my wish has been granted, albeit not in Project Cars. It's just been leaked that the road circuit is being added to GT Sport.

Hopefully it is not a PD exclusive license (like Pikes Peak) and we start to see the track appear in other games.

Perhaps getting the track into games is part of the next stage of development for Goodwood - this year the free to watch live stream of the Members Meeting was lost - you now have to pay for the live streams. Increasing awareness of the track and thereby selling more memberships and live streams could be part of their growth strategy.

1. All lobby members vote to skip/end/restart session - I play online with mates and if we want a restart it's a pain.
  2. Safety car - I see this working by all cars voting or room host. Would make for great longer races, allowing crashers to catch up.
  3. Configurable change tyres at x% wear for AI. We've found they last forever when we're racing with accelerated wear.
  4. Disable extreme weather in random - I'd happily do a random weather race, but not if it's going to snow.
  5. Don't limit game save size - and if you do alert the user. Finding out in an online race you can't save your setup because you've saved a replay earlier is pants.
  6. Enable missed gears with poor clutch work. As Aassetto does, not like GT Shart does
  7. Hillclimbs. OMG please, someone do a hill climb. Goodwood in GT6 was the spawn of many custom hill climb tracks in GT6, made for some excellent race nights
  8. Change cars whilst in lobby/race. Basically, I'd like to run a 1/2-1 hour practice for a 15 lap race, and the prework is test & tune. It's where we chat as a group before racing.
  9. Do it all on the PS4 please! (not about to buy an Au$1k console alas)

Do it all on the PS4 please! (not about to buy an Au$1k console alas)

Realistically this isn't going to happen. If PC3 really is going (or at least aiming) to blow everything else out of the water, it can't do that on a PS4, especially if the rumoured next GT will have ray tracing and is designed for the PS5.

While you may not be about to buy an Au$1k console, you may feel differently in 2 years time, which I suspect is when PC3 might get released.

Not going to happen. And nor should it in my view. Current gen consoles just don't have the power that SMS need for the next iteration of Project Cars.

You're saying still have a console option but not until PS5 and Xbox Scarlett or Anaconda or whatever they're calling their next gen console comes out right? Because I certainly wouldn't want to see a PC exclusive title.

Realistically this isn't going to happen. If PC3 really is going (or at least aiming) to blow everything else out of the water, it can't do that on a PS4, especially if the rumoured next GT will have ray tracing and is designed for the PS5.

While you may not be about to buy an Au$1k console, you may feel differently in 2 years time, which I suspect is when PC3 might get released.

From what I can see, and owning all sims (except GT) on PC and now console they've done a pretty incredible job on console this generation.

Let me try to explain.

I started PC2 on a standard PS4, really enjoyed it but thought it could look better.

Built a 1070ti gaming PC, supersampling heaven wow this looks so much better.

Two weeks ago I picked up an Xbox one X, and a 27" 4K monitor.
It looks better than my 1070ti, now to be fair I don't think PC2 puts out full 4K and I run a 2560x1080p ultra wide on the PC so the smaller 4K monitor will have an impact.

I was rather staggered at how good it looks on the X, and beginning to regret spending so much on the PC as it seems these consoles are starting to close the gap with processing and GPU power.

Console may never be as powerful as a high end rig, I'm just offering what my eyes are seeing on screen and if it continues I'll have no need for a high end gaming PC in the future.

Realistically this isn't going to happen.

I fear you're right, and actually other than the selfish need to avoid more IT expenditure I wholeheartedly agree.

In fact, I'll be moving away from console. The only reason to stay is console exclusives, and now GT Sport isn't anything like what I enjoy playing I'll save up for a PC that'll have the grunt to play PC3 amongst others. My online racing buddy is of the same view really - that decent racing games are really the preserve of the PC. Shame, but PS4 will live on for a few years yet. Anyway #threadjack over.

I was rather staggered at how good it looks on the X,

That's interesting, given my comment above about moving to PC. Though I'll be doing PC to 4K big TV, so really using the PC as a console device. I think that's a happy compromise - I can do that as my main PC is work provided so that'll remain on smaller monitors and away from steering wheels.

I think waiting till next-gen dust settles is the key for me now.

That's interesting, given my comment above about moving to PC.

I think alot of it comes down to optimization on console.

I had never seen a video game run in 4k so it was something special to watch Red dead redemption and Forza 7.

You're saying still have a console option but not until PS5 and Xbox Scarlett or Anaconda or whatever they're calling their next gen console comes out right? Because I certainly wouldn't want to see a PC exclusive title.
Yes that is what I mean. PC3 on PS5/Xbone2 etc.

PC3 development was approved before Madbox. PC and PC2 didn't need Madbox - don't think PC3 does either.

It was supposed to be the launch title for the MadBox and with it now being rather unlikely the question is what kind of funding there is for PC3. It can be positive for PC3 in the sense of timeline as it would not bound to the release of the MadBox. But the business case cartainly must have changed to a degree.

It could also mean that the indicated development kits of the new Playstation and Xbox are more than good enough for PC3 and that a new console can't add enough to that. One can only hope

It could also mean that the indicated development kits of the new Playstation and Xbox are more than good enough for PC3 and that a new console can't add enough to that. One can only hope
It's not like they wanted to create new console for PC3. They wanted to make it because they thought there's market for it. Thankfully they realized in time that it wouldn't work out and cancelled it.

It was supposed to be the launch title for the MadBox and with it now being rather unlikely the question is what kind of funding there is for PC3. It can be positive for PC3 in the sense of timeline as it would not bound to the release of the MadBox. But the business case cartainly must have changed to a degree.

As I said, PC3 was given the go ahead before MadBox. They managed to fund PC2 without any issues - why do you think they can't fund PC3? If it was to be the launch title (don't remember reading this), that would be to sell MadBox rather than to sell PC3.

SMS are primarily a games developer. They were looking to get involved in console hardware. If they have changed their minds about the console (at least one source says they haven't) you seem to imply this means they would then stop developing games. I don't see the logic at all. If Microsoft, another software developer who decided to get into console hardware, changed their mind about making the X Box a few months into development, would they then say - guys - this X box idea hasn't worked out, lets cancell the next version of Windows and stop making Office.

Last edited:
Back