Project CARS car list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 2,347 comments
Is there anything to stop SMS doing a "fantasy" Ford GT GT3 (ala iRacing?)

Besides Ford themselves? Probably not. I will say that the Ruf cars being converted into race cars is very much an exception than the rule, and unlikely to be taken up by the big blue company. I do believe that SMS may have made gentle prods into such an idea, but nothing came of it. License negotiations are a delicate thing...

Looking forward to seeing what they have install for the DLC's now, being brought up on motorsport in Britain, this game has everything i want for launch, as always you can never have enough and i dont mind DLC as you always have something to look forward to (ie Forza).........Just want to race the cars now and get my career going!!!!!!

That looks a lot like the Dyson Pirelli World Challenge livery.

I'm probably the only person who is anal enough to care about little details like racing cars in their original liveries.

It's actually the Bentley Factory livery for their GT3 program. The Continental GT3s in the Blancpain series as well as the ones that ran at Bathurst this year all carry the same livery.

It's actually the Bentley Factory livery for their GT3 program. The Continental GT3s in the Blancpain series as well as the ones that ran at Bathurst this year all carry the same livery.

I know the cars from different teams have the same livery but I was looking at the "08" on the rear bumper, I think only the Dyson car has that.

Last edited:
I know the cars from different teams have the same livery but I was looking at the "08" on the rear bumper, I think only the Dyson car has that.

Ah.. Good catch! You may be right about that. Now that you mention it, you can also clearly see the Pirelli sticker in the middle of the rear bumper. Not only would that make it the Dyson Racing car, but specifically Butch Leitzinger's car.

I see nothing wrong with a group of 'fantasy' cars, albeit loosely based on real life counterparts. We've obviously got the Marek and LMP 2011 F1 car like this, I think it's great and would welcome some more. Some generic classic F1 cars (I think rFactor 2 has done similar) from the early 80s and the 90s, a generic Can-Am monster or two etc etc would be awesome.

I just had to come back to this after reading one of today's reviews:

"Some will complain at the lack of licensed cars, but they're missing the point. Project Car's excellent career mode will have you jumping from one racing class to another - learning and re-learning as you progress is all part of the challenge, and it is one that never fails to satisfy. At the game's peak, in a 24-hour endurance race against 30 other competitors, with rain lashing down and darkness setting in, Project Cars becomes something truly spectacular."

Source

Racing games really need pre-94 Miata's. If you every try and race in real life on a budget this will be your first race car in the U.S.

And they are very hard to master. Why games don't think about NASA and SCCA and the most popular race cars in a given region is beyond me.

Sure we all want to fantasize about F1 but when you learn to make a "slow" car be fast, the more you'll appreciate the fast cars, and you'll be better for it.

Pcars specifically has a shortage of slower cars, the ones you can drive on the edge with minimal repercussions for mistakes.

Racing games really need pre-94 Miata's. If you every try and race in real life on a budget this will be your first race car in the U.S.

And they are very hard to master. Why games don't think about NASA and SCCA and the most popular race cars in a given region is beyond me.

Sure we all want to fantasize about F1 but when you learn to make a "slow" car be fast, the more you'll appreciate the fast cars, and you'll be better for it.

Pcars specifically has a shortage of slower cars, the ones you can drive on the edge with minimal repercussions for mistakes.
Spec Miata racing would be awesome!
SM-Laguna-remote.jpg

The Ginetta G40 Junior is their answer to the Miata. It's "slow" and forgiving. Yes, it will kick out, and it can bite you if pushed too hard, but for the most part, it will slide the tail and let you recover.

The Ginetta G40 Junior is their answer to the Miata. It's "slow" and forgiving. Yes, it will kick out, and it can bite you if pushed too hard, but for the most part, it will slide the tail and let you recover.
The G40 is pretty much British Spec Miata really. Everyone in identical, underpowered, FR sports cars with no race car aero or driving assists.

I'm kind of underwhelmed by the default car list but the game appears to be very promising overall. Some classes could do with more variety, especially road cars.

I'm kind of underwhelmed by the default car list but the game appears to be very promising overall. Some classes could do with more variety, especially road cars.

Have to agree with that. But keep in mind that all cars are very detailed - and those parts need to be shown whenever a part of the car body gets torn off (!) - and, as we said earlier, WMD isn't large as, say, Polyphony or Turn 10...

Why? That car is the easiest one to drive from all GT3 cars IMO.
Maybe it's just me getting used to the game but I struggle a lot just trying to stop the car without drifting. I don't know how any of the ffb settings work though so that's not helping the situation.

Maybe it's just me getting used to the game but I struggle a lot just trying to stop the car without drifting. I don't know how any of the ffb settings work though so that's not helping the situation.

1. Do you have assists set to "Real"?
2. Increase Limited Slip Deceleration Lock
3. Brake balance more forward
4. Brake earlier (this is not GT :D)

So I was briefly online in a GT3 race at Donnington, in the sign up list I seen 3 people come and go with the Bentley selected, was the Bentley regional DLC or is it not suppose to be available?

So I was briefly online in a GT3 race at Donnington, in the sign up list I seen 3 people come and go with the Bentley selected, was the Bentley regional DLC or is it not suppose to be available?
Probably WMD members still not turned there games into full retail copy??

Weird...no Bentley on my PC version.

1. Do you have assists set to "Real"?
2. Increase Limited Slip Deceleration Lock
3. Brake balance more forward
4. Brake earlier (this is not GT :D)
I have all assists off and tried everything else you mentioned then some. The car definitely has a lot of potential especially in high speed stuff and it puts the power down very well it's just the brakes and I don't get along.

Back