Project CARS car list

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by FLX1981, Mar 19, 2014.

1. talkin_2_me

talkin_2_me

:lol: I guess I'm having 1st world problems, then.

2. bleeder

bleeder

I noticed the Caterham SP/300 has a KERS-type system. I did not know that car had something like this. I can't tell if it's really doing a lot when I press the button though, certainly doesn't seem to increase acceleration much. maybe gives more top end? anyone know?

3. catamount39

catamount39

...that car has KERS? Huh, didn't have it in Driveclub...new model maybe?

4. Im_Lukas

Im_Lukas

I managed to get alongside another AI Caterham and when I used the boost the acceleration was slightly faster but not even close to the kind of difference you get with F1 KERS so I suppose it's for them times when you're alongside and just need a little bit more power to keep ahead. It also doesn't regenerate under braking or after each lap so it has to last the whole race.

From what I can find on Google the boost button will take the car from 301 hp to 330 hp.

bleeder and catamount39 like this.
  5. catamount39

catamount39

So is it similar to the Indycar "Push to Pass" button?

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  6. Im_Lukas

Im_Lukas

I believe Indycar has a set amount of time the push-to-pass lasts each time it's used e.g. 1 press lasts 5 seconds (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too familiar with Indycar) whereas the Caterham lets you use it for however long you hold the button. But it's similar to Indycar as when you run out of boosts you don't get any more.

catamount39 likes this.
  7. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

F1 cars generate and store a lot more kinetic energy than a Caterham would, hence the much smaller boost in power. It should regenerate under braking though, that's something SMS should look at.

Im_Lukas likes this.
  8. bleeder

bleeder

I'd like to have an audio cue when it's activated as well. I want to really feel it kick in

9. blowfishrulez

blowfishrulez

The DLC Audi e-tron quattro LMP1 is supposed to have a really pronounced sound for KERS charging and discharging. Dunno if there is supposed to be any KERS sound in one of our current cars already.

Fryto, millross and fortbo like this.
  10. catamount39

catamount39

With the mother of a flywheel in the Audi that sound cannot be pronounced enough. It's an insane car. :drool:

Scuderia Paul and fortbo like this.
  11. fortbo

fortbo

One of the fictional P1's is a hybrid, so it should have that sound.
    I hope the E-tron sounds somewhere close to this:

CHEN255 likes this.
  12. catamount39

catamount39

13. Maggor

Maggor

Just in case you have not seen this already - Bentley Continental GT3, Bentley Speed 8 and McLaren F1 GTR videos

14. catamount39

catamount39

YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool:

15. Maggor

Maggor

No use of updating original post, check the videos of this guy. He has upload a footage of cars mentioned above together with BMW V12 LMR and Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM.

16. catamount39

catamount39

People WATCH THOSE VIDEOS. They gave me compulsions. :drool:

17. vowcartaGP

vowcartaGP

The Lotus 78 sounds like it's got a cold when in lower gears....coughing and spluttering and getting confused with gear changes. Fine at higher speeds though. Anyone else noticed this?

18. Hayden norris

Hayden norris

Is there any footage of the ford falcon V8 supercar yet?

CHEN255 and catamount39 like this.
  19. ankehuber

ankehuber

Can't wait to give this one a spin at Bathurst.

20. galaxyjack

galaxyjack

do you know when this dlc will be out?

21. SunBro

SunBro

Dude you've seriously made my day. I downloaded them just in case sms takes them down. All the cars i wanted, in my favorite camera. So good.

catamount39 likes this.
  22. PiotrGT

PiotrGT

I hope they put modifed and limited car packs on PSN/XBL one day. I couldn't buy the limited edition as it wasn't really sold in my country (i know full game with car packs is on PSN but it's too late lol) and when i pre-ordered they delivered me version without the code, I'm not going to fight for three cars (I got the game late enough, today instead of Friday).
    I would like to buy them.

23. thebigRAGOO

thebigRAGOO

How is the Bentley is being used already? Is it out?

24. catamount39

catamount39

The guy making those videos is probably a tester and giving the models final shake downs/doing testing as they're completed. That'd be my best guess.

25. martinezlj

martinezlj

The Nissan license is still a possibility or the chances of getting them in the game has vanished?

fortbo likes this.
  26. catamount39

catamount39

I think it's possible...just as GM though nobody knows.

27. HBR-Roadhog

HBR-Roadhog

Some good cars in there but seems strange that the only American cars are Ford. Would be nice to have a few GMs and Mopars in there.

Even stranger the shortage of cars from Japan. No Mazda, Nissan, Honda, Toyota. Strange indeed after playing GT

galaxyjack and ryandtw like this.
  28. galaxyjack

galaxyjack

What about Italian cars such as Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari and maybe Lancia? Pagani is the only Italian car which has used a motor built by Mercedes-AMG. I really love this game. it is the only racing game worth playing and i don't want to wait for another 4-5 years. This game definitely lacks lots of popular cars.

fortbo likes this.
  29. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

People are waiting with bated breath to talk to you about it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-gtp-wishlist.305544/

30. Gejabo

Gejabo Premium

Not sure if should ask here but I'll it any way because it's a topic about cars in Project CARS
    I try to use the gears like the cars have in real life.
    So it it is a old touring car I use the H patern if it's a modern GT3 car I use the flippers.

Now I just stated the Ginetta junior cup.
    And the Ginetta has a sequential gearbox so that is what I'm using.
    But it won't let me shift up without using the clutch, down shifting on the other hand is posible withou clutch.

I would think that the other way around would make more sense.
    Or am I wrong?​