Project CARS car list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 2,347 comments
I noticed the Caterham SP/300 has a KERS-type system. I did not know that car had something like this. I can't tell if it's really doing a lot when I press the button though, certainly doesn't seem to increase acceleration much. maybe gives more top end? anyone know?

I noticed the Caterham SP/300 has a KERS-type system. I did not know that car had something like this. I can't tell if it's really doing a lot when I press the button though, certainly doesn't seem to increase acceleration much. maybe gives more top end? anyone know?
...that car has KERS? Huh, didn't have it in Driveclub...new model maybe?

I managed to get alongside another AI Caterham and when I used the boost the acceleration was slightly faster but not even close to the kind of difference you get with F1 KERS so I suppose it's for them times when you're alongside and just need a little bit more power to keep ahead. It also doesn't regenerate under braking or after each lap so it has to last the whole race.

From what I can find on Google the boost button will take the car from 301 hp to 330 hp.

I managed to get alongside another AI Caterham and when I used the boost the acceleration was slightly faster but not even close to the kind of difference you get with F1 KERS so I suppose it's for them times when you're alongside and just need a little bit more power to keep ahead. It also doesn't regenerate under braking or after each lap so it has to last the whole race.

From what I can find on Google the boost button will take the car from 301 hp to 330 hp.
So is it similar to the Indycar "Push to Pass" button?

Last edited:
So is it like the Indycar "Push to Pass" button?

I believe Indycar has a set amount of time the push-to-pass lasts each time it's used e.g. 1 press lasts 5 seconds (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too familiar with Indycar) whereas the Caterham lets you use it for however long you hold the button. But it's similar to Indycar as when you run out of boosts you don't get any more.

F1 cars generate and store a lot more kinetic energy than a Caterham would, hence the much smaller boost in power. It should regenerate under braking though, that's something SMS should look at.

F1 cars generate and store a lot more kinetic energy than a Caterham would, hence the much smaller boost in power. It should regenerate under braking though, that's something SMS should look at.
I'd like to have an audio cue when it's activated as well. I want to really feel it kick in

The DLC Audi e-tron quattro LMP1 is supposed to have a really pronounced sound for KERS charging and discharging. Dunno if there is supposed to be any KERS sound in one of our current cars already.
One of the fictional P1's is a hybrid, so it should have that sound.
I hope the E-tron sounds somewhere close to this:

The Lotus 78 sounds like it's got a cold when in lower gears....coughing and spluttering and getting confused with gear changes. Fine at higher speeds though. Anyone else noticed this?

Just in case you have not seen this already - Bentley Continental GT3, Bentley Speed 8 and McLaren F1 GTR videos

Dude you've seriously made my day. I downloaded them just in case sms takes them down. All the cars i wanted, in my favorite camera. So good.

I hope they put modifed and limited car packs on PSN/XBL one day. I couldn't buy the limited edition as it wasn't really sold in my country (i know full game with car packs is on PSN but it's too late lol) and when i pre-ordered they delivered me version without the code, I'm not going to fight for three cars (I got the game late enough, today instead of Friday).
I would like to buy them.

Some good cars in there but seems strange that the only American cars are Ford. Would be nice to have a few GMs and Mopars in there.

Even stranger the shortage of cars from Japan. No Mazda, Nissan, Honda, Toyota. Strange indeed after playing GT

What about Italian cars such as Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari and maybe Lancia? Pagani is the only Italian car which has used a motor built by Mercedes-AMG. I really love this game. it is the only racing game worth playing and i don't want to wait for another 4-5 years. This game definitely lacks lots of popular cars.

What about Italian cars such as Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari and maybe Lancia? Pagani is the only Italian car which has used a motor built by Mercedes-AMG. I really love this game. it is the only racing game worth playing and i don't want to wait for another 4-5 years. This game definitely lacks lots of popular cars.
People are waiting with bated breath to talk to you about it here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-gtp-wishlist.305544/

Not sure if should ask here but I'll it any way because it's a topic about cars in Project CARS
I try to use the gears like the cars have in real life.
So it it is a old touring car I use the H patern if it's a modern GT3 car I use the flippers.

Now I just stated the Ginetta junior cup.
And the Ginetta has a sequential gearbox so that is what I'm using.
But it won't let me shift up without using the clutch, down shifting on the other hand is posible withou clutch.

I would think that the other way around would make more sense.
Or am I wrong?​

Back