Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Just fired the game up for the first time. Bloody brilliant, fells more of a simulation than anything I've ever played lol.

Does anyone have any specific setup for the DS4? I'm overwhelmed by just how much is needed. I use the directional buttons for steering. X and SQUARE for throttle/brake and R2/L2 for gears. Any advice on what else to use?

I had the pleasure of driving this car today:

26777114570_65da7188bf_c.jpg

It is a very very nice handling car. The visibility in car can be a bit of an issue but damn, the way it brakes, accelerates and its stability in corners is simply great. It doesn't have the finesse from its European counterparts but that howling firespitting V8 makes up for it :D Can only recommend this baby :bowdown:

So I'm planning on getting a PS4 soon and thinking the PCars complete Ed looks like a pretty worthy D/L from the PS Store. Reading the threads here it sounds like it has about the normal amount of Yays & Nays for this type of game. My question is this - I generally all but ignore the racing in these games. Almost all my time is spent just time trialing and trying to beat my own lap times. In GT6 probably 90% of that happens at The Ring. So, how is Pcars for TTing @ The Ring? Basically are the track models good and are the cars nice and nuanced and fun/challenging to drive?

So I'm planning on getting a PS4 soon and thinking the PCars complete Ed looks like a pretty worthy D/L from the PS Store. Reading the threads here it sounds like it has about the normal amount of Yays & Nays for this type of game. My question is this - I generally all but ignore the racing in these games. Almost all my time is spent just time trialing and trying to beat my own lap times. In GT6 probably 90% of that happens at The Ring. So, how is Pcars for TTing @ The Ring? Basically are the track models good and are the cars nice and nuanced and fun/challenging to drive?
You'll have a blast. The cars all feel nicely different from each other and if you plan on getting into tuning then setting up the car is great fun.

Also while track quality wildly varies, Nords is amazingly close to real life for a non-laserscanned track, except for some obnoxiously placed trackside objects (way too many firetrucks etc).

Seeing Ian Bell's name brings back a ton of "old" memories! I made a "name" for myself back in the day when Simbin released their first mods for F1CE by playing around with the force feedback settings to get a bit better feel from the wheel. It even got me listed at the very end of the credits when GTR1 released iirc... :D

Oh, one more question - does the game force me to do a prolonged dance to unlock cars and tracks? I hate that. I wish devs would include a key or some way to unlock all the content. I'm 50 years old and I don't have time to dedicate hours and hours to a game just to get to drive my favorite cars on my favorite tracks. I just want a tool box that lets me pick a car and a track and the conditions and lets me go do it...

Seeing Ian Bell's name brings back a ton of "old" memories! I made a "name" for myself back in the day when Simbin released their first mods for F1CE by playing around with the force feedback settings to get a bit better feel from the wheel. It even got me listed at the very end of the credits when GTR1 released iirc... :D

Oh, one more question - does the game force me to do a prolonged dance to unlock cars and tracks? I hate that. I wish devs would include a key or some way to unlock all the content. I'm 50 years old and I don't have time to dedicate hours and hours to a game just to get to drive my favorite cars on my favorite tracks. I just want a tool box that lets me pick a car and a track and the conditions and lets me go do it...
Nope, anything and everything is available for your driving pleasure. :D PCARS is the toolbox. :lol: BTW cool story on the getting your name in the credits! :D

haha...it was a fun time back then. The old Racesimcentral forums were a hotbed of sim racing activity!

That's great to hear - everything unlocked and available to use from the get-go! Good stuff...

There's a career mode where you can start at the bottom and work your way up, unlock invitational events, unlock accolades, career goals, but it's optional. You can start career at any tier you want or even have multiple careers.

There's a solo mode where everything is available from the start, all cars & tracks and all options needed to setup custom races against AI. The video below is somewhat outdated but it gives you an idea of what options are available in solo mode:

You guys having fun over here? I just came from the wild GTS west.

A question, should I buy all the DLC for the game over the internet or sell the game and buy the GoTY Edition?

I had money set aside for a possible PS4 and new wheel, depending on the GTS reveal and now after the reveal I'm wondering how I can spend it to improve my PCARS experience.

- add 2 monitors to my ultrawide?
- get VR?
- upgrade my VDSL to fibre?

A question, should I buy all the DLC for the game over the internet or sell the game and buy the GoTY Edition?
On Demand Pack costs US$30 and includes all DLC, GOTY edition costs US$40.
However, GOTY save is not compatible with save from vanilla version, so if you get GOTY version you'll have to start career from scratch.

FS7
On Demand Pack costs US$30 and includes all DLC, GOTY edition costs US$40.
However, GOTY save is not compatible with save from vanilla version, so if you get GOTY version you'll have to start career from scratch.

Cost is very close, but loosing my save? Hmmmmm. I might go with digital.

I had money set aside for a possible PS4 and new wheel, depending on the GTS reveal and now after the reveal I'm wondering how I can spend it to improve my PCARS experience.

- add 2 monitors to my ultrawide?
- get VR?
- upgrade my VDSL to fibre?
I would say either extra monitors or VR. I would try VR in your local store first and see how tolerant you can be of the low resolution. Most people playing pCARS seem to be able to get over it just fine, but YMMV.

I just tried AC in VR and somehow for me the low resolution bothers me much less there than in pCARS. Not sure why. It's a pretty cool experience, but if you play a lot, and I know you do, you may get tired and bothered by it faster than if you had triple monitors. Again, it's all variable, and Rift is very comfy overall for what it is.

So what was all that talk with them talking about announcements this week......... Unless they announce something today. They usually don't announce anything during the weekend so this is the last day to announce something. Unless they gonna do it next week.

I would say either extra monitors or VR. I would try VR in your local store first and see how tolerant you can be of the low resolution. Most people playing pCARS seem to be able to get over it just fine, but YMMV.

I just tried AC in VR and somehow for me the low resolution bothers me much less there than in pCARS. Not sure why. It's a pretty cool experience, but if you play a lot, and I know you do, you may get tired and bothered by it faster than if you had triple monitors. Again, it's all variable, and Rift is very comfy overall for what it is.

Rig.JPG

I just bought Project Cars Game of the Year edition today and I'm excited to try it out. My friend was nagging me to get it for ages so I finally got around to it. I'm on PS4 with a T300RS. I'm hoping to get some dashboard app but it doesn't appear to be any free on ios (yes I know I'm that guy who wants it free sorry :P) are there any on PC for free? Either way I'll be hyped out to try it any beginner tips?

I'm hoping to get some dashboard app but it doesn't appear to be any free on ios (yes I know I'm that guy who wants it free sorry :P) are there any on PC for free? Either way I'll be hyped out to try it any beginner tips?
Heres a good overview of whats available in general. Dunno whats free on IOS, but some are free of charge on PC (Im using HUD Dash which works a flaw on my Windows Phone) :) http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

I just bought Project Cars Game of the Year edition today and I'm excited to try it out. My friend was nagging me to get it for ages so I finally got around to it. I'm on PS4 with a T300RS. I'm hoping to get some dashboard app but it doesn't appear to be any free on ios (yes I know I'm that guy who wants it free sorry :P) are there any on PC for free? Either way I'll be hyped out to try it any beginner tips?

Make sure you adjust the configuration in the settings. Like steering deadzone, throttle sensitivity and etc. With the default settings the car's will feel very twitchy so I (along with a bunch of other's) sugguest you to adjust that before you start racing. Make sure every thing is to your liking in general.:)

Heres a good overview of whats available in general. Dunno whats free on IOS, but some are free of charge on PC (Im using HUD Dash which works a flaw on my Windows Phone) :) http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

Thanks a lot @thedottore46 I'll check those out! I'll probably end up getting a paid app for IOS since it's just a more portable and light option 👍

Make sure you adjust the configuration in the settings. Like steering deadzone, throttle sensitivity and etc. With the default settings the car's will feel very twitchy so I (along with a bunch of other's) sugguest you to adjust that before you start racing. Make sure every thing is to your liking in general.:)

Will do, thanks @Elitekilla29 I've been messing around doing hotlaps with a friend (literally an hour or two straight) and now it's late so I'll have to do that tomorrow, I'll search the forums for other T300RS users settings and try them out since my knowledge on all those terms isn't great :/

Overall my first impressions on Project CARS are very good! After playing heaps of GT6 and very little NFS and F1 '15 it's a refreshing change that I'll be sure to get in to. The additional DLC is great! The car choice may be small (being used to GT6) but every car is great. The FFB is very nice and strong, each car feels different and seems to suit my wheel well. My first "hotlap" was at Bathurst in a MP4 12C GT3 which felt awesome, the lap time was 2:08 which is probably slow but for a beginner not too shabby haha, after that I was just messing around in the Madza Radbull @ that test track map which is also awesome and something I'd love to see on other games. Nice to see the different sides of GTPlanet also.

http://www.alphr.com/games/1002182/...d-ps4-gameplay-gran-turismo-7-hands-on-review

according to this guy who played gts, sounds not as good as project cars and physics not as good as assetto corsa...graphics on par with driveclub is the positive... crazy sad they dont acknowledge the crappy sounds from the gt6...hope they fix for their release
I read a lot of folks saying the graphics need some work and the game should be looking a lot better because of the huge budget they've got for this game. Driveclub looks way better, other than the framerate of course. Am yet to be excited for GTS.

I read a lot of folks saying the graphics need some work and the game should be looking a lot better because of the huge budget they've got for this game. Driveclub looks way better, other than the framerate of course. Am yet to be excited for GTS.

how can they not address the sounds after the backlash in gt6?? CRAZY

So i got this the other day and have put a couple hours in so far and i'm quite pleased! Really enjoying it. The catterham at nord is a blast...

After trying some different ds4 settings this is what i've settled on...

Steer dz 0
Steer sens 0
Brake and throttle dz 3
B and t sens 10

I'll add the rest later but those two zero's really smoothed out the twitchiness.

Back