Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
FS7
All the planned DLC content has been released, I think it's unlikely there will be any more DLC for PCars1. Maybe more updates with bugfixes.
It would be nice if SMS fixed the AI jamming up the chicane at the short Monza track. Such a shame it happens because it's such a fun track to drive but is only good for hot lapping atm :grumpy:

I don't know if I'm late to the party and all, but is PCARS done in terms of DLC and updates? I heard the guys over at Slightly Mad have already moved on to PCARS 2... I'm guessing that they are, considering they released the Complete Edition a few months ago.

Yes and in a weird way its the better for it, no more monthly updates giving some fixes but breaking others, no more false hopes and waiting for custom championships that never came, I feel i can just now enjoy it for what it is, its now you can realise just what a great achievement it is once you separate the hyperbole away from it.
Whats nice is that people are finally allowing themselves to say it did have faults and PCars2 will address them, rather than blindly saying all was perfect.
I'll be playing PCars for along time yet.

QUESTION: What's the best way to increase the rumbling overall on the wheel? What settings do I increase? I think I just don't feel enough FFB

QUESTION: What's the best way to increase the rumbling overall on the wheel? What settings do I increase? I think I just don't feel enough FFB

I see in your signature that you have a G29, which is essentially the same a G27. Increase your DRR (Deadzone Removal Range) to about 0.16 (wheel has roughly 16% FFB deadzone). Keep FFB at 100, but lower tyre force to something like 70-80%.

The first change is needed so the subtle FX like kerbs are actually felt with the wheel.
The second change gives a bit of headroom, so that when you steer (and the FFB pulls in the opposite direction) there's still room for the subtle FX (if the wheel is already at 100% when steering you will lose the detail of the subtle FX).

I hope what NLxAROSA said works for you. But fact is that the G-wheels just aren't very strong. If you set FFB levels too high, the wheel would clip very easily and you'd end up not feeling any of the subtle effects. The wheel would feel like it's providing strong FFB all the time, but you won't be able to tell when the car understeers for example, because the wheel wouldn't lighten up. When I played F1 2012, for example, with my G27, I had to turn FFB down to 10% in order to be able to feel the car understeer and lose grip.

I had tire force on 50. Maybe just too low.
50 is good too, just as long as it's not too high. Like @Awong124 says, the G27/29 are fairly limited wheels in terms of linearity and available power. The huge FFB deadzone doesn't help either. In my experience you can have strong FFB or detailed FFB with a G27/29, but not both at the same time. I usually go for a setup in the middle ground, so I feel most details and it's not too light.

50 is good too, just as long as it's not too high. Like @Awong124 says, the G27/29 are fairly limited wheels in terms of linearity and available power. The huge FFB deadzone doesn't help either. In my experience you can have strong FFB or detailed FFB with a G27/29, but not both at the same time. I usually go for a setup in the middle ground, so I feel most details and it's not too light.

If you have the time, would you mind PMing me your G29 settings? Or posting them here?

VBR
If you have the time, would you mind PMing me your G29 settings? Or posting them here?
I have a G27, but should be same as G29. Note that I haven't played a lot with the latest patches, so as always your mileage may vary.

LT Profiler: Strength: 100% - Spring 0% - Damper 0% - Center Spring 0% - 900 degrees - game can change
Game settings: Classic profile - Tyre Force 80% - Deadzone Removal Range 0.16.

Is this me or why the the AMG GT3 are consistently losing time with the older SLS AMG GT3?

Everytime they show up on AI list its always consistently like that albeit just marginally. The track I was using is mostly technical like Spa, Catalunya, and Imola.

Is this me or why the the AMG GT3 are consistently losing time with the older SLS AMG GT3?

Everytime they show up on AI list its always consistently like that albeit just marginally. The track I was using is mostly technical like Spa, Catalunya, and Imola.

I'm slower with the new AMG than the old SLS as well.

Last edited:
So I was just reading an excerpt from the PCars official website about Mclaren and saw this:

"Five of its most important models to date are available for your edification in Project CARS. Feel free to take one to the ’Ring and push it to its limits. Or all. Including the race-spec P1 GT3."
(http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/from-f1-to-p1-how-mclaren-went-from-p1-in-f1-to-p1-on-the-road)

I'm sure this is a typo, but...is it?

There is no GT3 version of the P1, so yeah, most likely a typo.

Why people said the Ginneta GT3 is crap? Its sure not the best on straight but on corners it is.

I did some best times out of all GT3 with it.

Last edited:
It's good in the corners because it's not as fast as the other cars, meaning you're not going in as fast. You feel relatively more grip than the other GT3 cars. I thought the 525HP would be great but it doesn't have enough weight to transfer power to the road properly.

Has anyone else on PC suddenly found the need to recalibrate the wheel recently?

I found my FFB very muted and steering lock seeming to be overly sensitive, so I tried just recalibrating the degrees of rotation (not resetting my whole wheel profile). This did the trick immediately, got me back normal sensitivity and good FFB feel.

I'm wondering if it was the Windows 10 Anniversary Update which did it, since I've not changed wheel drivers (T300) or the pCARS installation in ages.

Hello , new to the site here, just looking for some respectable sim drivers to play with. Everytime I play PC online everyone is just out for themselves and running people off the track, so if there are any clubs/leagues that are out there id be happy and ready to race with you guys/gals . Just message me thanks. PSN: TRu_killa420

Hello , new to the site here, just looking for some respectable sim drivers to play with. Everytime I play PC online everyone is just out for themselves and running people off the track, so if there are any clubs/leagues that are out there id be happy and ready to race with you guys/gals . Just message me thanks. PSN: TRu_killa420
Hey, welcome man. Have a look through here; https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/categories/pcars-online-racing.373/ You might find some groups that suit your needs.

I was at Lemans today to watch some national Motorsport and honestly the track feels off in PCars. It seems that it is missing some camber, bumps and élévation changes. Anyone know how this track was created for PCars?

I was at Lemans today to watch some national Motorsport and honestly the track feels off in PCars. It seems that it is missing some camber, bumps and élévation changes. Anyone know how this track was created for PCars?
All pCARS tracks except Cadwell, Snetterton and Brands (for which point cloud data came as part of the license) were created the old fashioned way, by modeling them from scratch using satellite, GPS and photos.

From watching the process during WMD development it is clear that the SMS team had a bunch of old models from NFS Shift 1/2 which were heavily revised during development, plus various tracks were built from scratch, but some tracks are better than others. Silverstone was being modeled while the track was being rebuilt in real life and is not great. Nordschleife is pretty good compared with most earlier models but compared to the laser scans in AC, R3E and others it is showing many differences, particularly in cambers and surface feel. Tracks like Nurburgring, Bathurst, Spa, Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Donington, Imola and many more are very decent.

Obviously Le Mans is hard to laser scan because the track only exists for a short time per year, and nobody would go there only to scan just the Bugatti layout obviously. So far I think that iRacing and Forza 6 have Le Mans using point cloud data, but I'm sure the iRacing track is best (Forza tends to only scan the tarmac, iRacing scans all surrounding buildings and objects). If you want to experience Le Mans virtually as real as can be then iRacing is the only real option.

Thanks for your clear answer. I already thought it was not laserscanned. Maybe that could be something for the next édition ;) Was really surprised when I saw the real one (Bugatti) today. The camber différence wete the first things I noticed.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, the 'On Demand Pack' is 50% off right now and until 28/09. That's 15€/£12.49 for all the DLC.

Apparently, this isn't available at the US Store.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, PS4 version.

Last edited:
Well checked my XBOX game hub the other day for PCars..... in just over a year i have manged to spend in total....

35 days. 35 DAYS!! of my life on PCars!!

Not bad bang for buck considering it cost me £25! (i did buy all the DLC though so more like £60)

Anyone else got any like that?

Back