Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
I read your post about 20 times and I still cannot find what it has to do with my post. :ill:

Here, you're talking about the bugs of the game and I'm talking about SMS's decisions....

You know, you basically said that SMS are either incompetent or they are wrongly holding stuff back. Both FLX and I reacted to that basically saying that we know that there are more to it to make you realise that maybe you don't know everythig and that us, from seeing things behind the scene for a long period of time, have a better comprehension of what is happening, but no, you'll just say this:

They weren't even going to make a PCars2 where they though? Had the sales not been so good we'd of had the original plan of them adding content to the game, they were going to change things around and offer new fresh take on things...
Fair play the console pond for this type of game was small so they sold a lot of copies to folks like me desperate for the next gen ToCA, and for the most part I think i got that game and more...
I'll be getting PCars2 for sure, I just wish that SMS handled things better, I'm sure they do to, no one would look at wanting to repeat the launch like that.
You also need to understand that I know people who were WMD for PCars1 and now on PCars2 so I do know enough about how things went.
I can accept not everything will perfect with games, DiRT has things i wish were different for example, but what i can't stand is people trying to cover up stuff or deny it, literally everytime someone says something was up with PCars it was "it must just be you" "you should go back to forza" "get a PS4" etc etc.

For sure when i get PCars2 i'll just avoid the official forum. I think the reason i have no real massive issues with DiRT is that i avoided the codies forums and on here GTplanet the level of discussion in DiRT section is refreshingly awesome, its a joy to partake in it, i recommend it to anyone on how a thread should be, mature, honest, informative etc and the only reason the MODS ever go there is to join in the great discussion...

Last edited:
Are settings then saved for each car?
Just picked up a Logitech and I may get the Xbox version. Had it on PS4 and tried with a pad. Having been a wheel user for quite awhile I couldn't go back to that control scheme so I shelved it.

Is the Xbone version in fine state?
Yep, if you set them via the garage you can save it for each car and every track.

Had the sales not been so good we'd of had the original plan of them adding content to the game, they were going to change things around and offer new fresh take on things...

Maybe more DLC, but I doubt there would be more features than what we have now. The game is just too much unstable, if they add a new feature, who knows what new bugs will appear.

but what i can't stand is people trying to cover up stuff or deny it, literally everytime someone says something was up with PCars it was "it must just be you" "you should go back to forza" "get a PS4" etc etc.

For sure when i get PCars2 i'll just avoid the official forum.

Why do you always talk about what is happening on the official forum on here?

May i ask why you are talking to the person you have supposedly ignored

Because he is talking to me and he stopped insulting people. I put him in my ignore list because of this:
I not sure why if Ian won't even deal with your bile that I should have to... good day to you.

may i ask why you felt the need to announce you had ignored him
My way to say to him that he had a bad attitude and I was getting tired of it.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to get the Exorcist achievement (which is to beat a ghost in time trial), and when I select a ghost and start the session, the ghost doesn't appear. I assumed it was a small glitch, and I beat the time but still didn't get the achievement. :confused:

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Turns out I was having some internet problems and I did get the achievement after all.

Last edited:
I'm doing some GT3 racing with the Ruf GT3. I love the movement of the suspension. 45 cars at Monza is incredible. Even better the FM6. GTS will have to top this for me to go anywhere near. No matter how breathtaking the graphics will be on PS4. GTS has to beat pCARS. That is all.

I'm doing some GT3 racing with the Ruf GT3. I love the movement of the suspension. 45 cars at Monza is incredible. Even better the FM6. GTS will have to top this for me to go anywhere near. No matter how breathtaking the graphics will be on PS4. GTS has to beat pCARS. That is all.
In fairness, the feeling of racing and how you become immersed in it all is fantastic with PCars. As a racing game it is easily the best I've ever played. Flawed brilliance.

Just when I thought it couldn't get better. Racing GT4 cars... Each car has it's own characteristics. I've settled on the M3 GT4. The Mustang looks awesome. The Ginetta didn't hook me like I thought it would. The Aston is crazy under braking. It's the most stable in deep braking. I haven't tried the Rocket Bunny twins or the Rappide, as they both are not run in the real life series.

So much racing to try. I haven't touched the Formula cars or the Vintage Lemans cars yet.

Radbull MX5 I think is what FLX1981 refer to. If you buy the DLC, be sure to give that car a drift :P
I have all the DLC.
1200hp. I was giving it a miss. You know what they say, Mess with the bull... You get the horns! ;) A bit ironic as I'm a Taurus. :D

What in theee hell is the Red Pig and where do I find it?!

Radbull MX5 I think is what FLX1981 refer to. If you buy the DLC, be sure to give that car a drift :P

I find you peoples lack of red pig knowledge disturbing.

mercedes-benz-ssk-and-amg-300-sel-in-the-spotlight-once-again_10.jpg

So i finally got the wheel today and so far im ok at most. I feel like im like a second off from where i was with a controller. Also im inconsistent. I do good for 2 laps or so and then just spin. So i gotta work on that. And god damn my legs and feet hurt lol. Probably because im new to this.

Does anyone have data anywhere of how long the tires last? In the HUD tire wear is shown by those four boxes next to the speed right above the fuel right?

If anything just for the modern race car classes, LMP1, LMP2, Prototypes, GT3, and GT4. It seems like the soft tires last a long time so I wonder how long the heads last.

I'd like to replicate the Pirelli World Challenge format. 50 minutes, no pitting for fuel or tires. Really interesting that tired can last that long and still be compete rice at the end of the race

This game is amazing! I've progressed into the GT3 series, and I'm using the MP4 GT3 and it's just fantastic! I prefer the Z4 GT3 a bit more, but it's still a great car.

Now, does the Xbox have the worst frame rate issues? It's so annoying that when I'm racing and the frames will skip or I'll drop frames and I mess up and lose the race/have to restart. It also doesn't help that the AI have no spatial awareness and stick to their lines and won't budge...

This game is amazing! I've progressed into the GT3 series, and I'm using the MP4 GT3 and it's just fantastic! I prefer the Z4 GT3 a bit more, but it's still a great car.

Now, does the Xbox have the worst frame rate issues? It's so annoying that when I'm racing and the frames will skip or I'll drop frames and I mess up and lose the race/have to restart. It also doesn't help that the AI have no spatial awareness and stick to their lines and won't budge...

Not sure about the xbox but on the ps4 ,it drops frames and game slows down when i have more than 30 cars on the grid

Doing race #8 of my 12 race season each race is 2 hours long. Made this mistake

Video Skip to 1:06:00 And tell me if you personally would not have tried this pass

Pictures
Project_CARS_20160421221432.png

Project_CARS_20160421221625.png

And the Schedule :( was trying to go perfect :indiff: On to Circuit De Spa-Francorchamps
race.jpg

Lmao. No, you shouldn't have tried the pass. You could have braked earlier and easily got him on the exit. But it shouldn't have been a race-ending mistake. That crash response was hilarious and part of the reason I don't waste time with pCars anymore.

Not sure about the xbox but on the ps4 ,it drops frames and game slows down when i have more than 30 cars on the grid
It skips frames randomly regardless of how many cars are on the track. Heck, even if it's just time trials I'm skipping frames. I wouldn't mind if it was a rare occurrence, but several times a lap (and often going around fast turns/into braking zones) so it messes me up.

I love the game, but this is ridiculous.

Just when I thought it couldn't get better. Racing GT4 cars... Each car has it's own characteristics. I've settled on the M3 GT4. The Mustang looks awesome. The Ginetta didn't hook me like I thought it would. The Aston is crazy under braking. It's the most stable in deep braking. I haven't tried the Rocket Bunny twins or the Rappide, as they both are not run in the real life series.

So much racing to try. I haven't touched the Formula cars or the Vintage Lemans cars yet.

I was like this when i first got this game. The games biggest problem for me was the lack of competition in my games collection. I have played this game so much, silly amount, for a while it was all that i ever played with my limited play time as i have family etc.
So because of that it was expected that I'd find faults in it as It was basically on paper everything i'd been looking for since ToCA 2...
Like i said before now DiRT rally is here and I play that a lot when i now go back to PCars again i feel that magic again. Also there are cars IMO that are just broken and the FFB is just weird for me and nothing i do can change that.
Like anything you can have too much of a good thing and hopefully when AC comes out I'll have a nice choice of driving games to spread my time over.
What ever happens with PCars with me for sure the game is worth it for the UK tracks alone.

Does anyone have data anywhere of how long the tires last? In the HUD tire wear is shown by those four boxes next to the speed right above the fuel right?

If anything just for the modern race car classes, LMP1, LMP2, Prototypes, GT3, and GT4. It seems like the soft tires last a long time so I wonder how long the heads last.

I'd like to replicate the Pirelli World Challenge format. 50 minutes, no pitting for fuel or tires. Really interesting that tired can last that long and still be compete rice at the end of the race
How long the tires last varies between different classes/cars, as well as driving style.

LMP1, LMP2, LMP3, & GT3 can do 60-minute stints on soft tires. Iirc LMP1, LMP2 & GT3 will probably have to refuel after around 40-50 minutes, though. LMP3 is probably similar is terms of fuel consumption but I'd have to check to make sure.
DTM can do 30-minute stints on soft tires.
Formula A can do 60-minute stints on soft tires, and a full tank of fuel should last around 300km or so.

I finally got a PS4 and PCars this weekend. I jumped into a Ruf, picked Bathurst for quick race. Set the field to max number of cars and started at the back. Big traffic jam at turn 1. Some Ariel-type thing cut through the grass to avoid the mess. It was a hoot. This will hold me over until GT Sport :lol:

I'm not sure if I'll bother with Assetto Corsa. Between PCars and Dirt Rally I'm already overwhelmed. My gaming time allocation will be filled for a long while. I have no patience for learning new things these days anyhow.. I spent more than an hour trying to get my wheel/controls configured consistently across both new games but similar to GT6 :boggled:

Back