Project CARS GTP Wishlist

Yup, never did any tuning in any game so far. Mostly played GT and Forza because I had no gaming PC for the last 3-4 years. I always drove stock setup on all tracks. The only game where I put work in the setup was GTR2 because as I remember correctly, there was a great tutorial that told you what affects what. So I played a lot with break heat, Aero and stuff.

But I don´t want to put tens of hours to study stuff like dampers and so on. If there is a nice tutorial that shows me what happens when you change this and that, then maybe I try to setup a car.

I'm not a non tuning guy, just a tuning shy one. I'll do it if necessary. Generally if I'm tuning from scratch I'll make changes to the gearbox, aero, diff, ride height and springs but if I can avoid it I will.

I will check out that GTR2 tuning turorial mentioned above. The only tuning I've done in that is to change the steering rack for most cars.

In PCars I don't think it's a deal breaker if we only get leaderboards where we have to tune to be competitive. I still hope we have the option to filter leaderboards by tuned/untuned but if the game delivers in most areas it looks like I'll be happy most of the time come November.

Last edited:
Surely tuning of your race car in a racing simulator should be considered commonplace. I can't think of one real life racing series where teams don't make adjustments to the setup from track to track. Are you non-tuning guys going to go through the career without making adjustments to your car from circuit to circuit? You won't run the same aero at Spa and Monaco, will you?

Although I see the appeal of completely stock racing I just don't see how it fits in this title.
We aren't in a racing series or racing for a living by playing PCars, we are playing a videogame. There is a great deal to be said for taking a car as is, with all it's faults, and making a fast time around a racing track, with the certainty that the time you and everyone else puts up, is purely based on skill and experience, not how many hours you are able to spend fine tuning you car. I see no advantage for the devs to not include an untuned car portion of any Time Trial, and some disadvantage to not including it. As I mentioned earlier, it only needs to be a sortable option, we can do the filtering ourselves, it's just a matter of adding a column for tuned/untuned to the stats package.

Abarth 500
Alfa Romeo 156
Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TwinSpark
Alfa Romeo 155 DTM
Alfa Romeo 8C
Alfa Romeo Disco Volante
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale
Audi Quattro
Audi RS3
Audi RS4
Audi RS5
Audi RS6
Audi A8
Audi Q7 V12 TDi
BMW M3 E36
BMW M3 E46
BMW M3 GTR E46
BMW M3 E92
BMW M3 GTS E92
BMW M3 GT2
BMW M3 GTR ALMS
BMW Z4 GT3
BMW V12 LMR
Chevrolet Corvette Converible C1
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C2
Chevrolet Corvette Coupe C3
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport C4
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C5
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C6
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 C6
Chevrolet Corvette StingRay C7
Chevrolet Camaro SS (1969)
Chevrolet Camaro 35th Anniversary Edition
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Chevrolet Corvette C5R
Chevrolet Corvette C6R
Chevrolet Corvette C7R
Citroen C6
Citroen C4 WRC
Dodge Viper GTS (1999)
Dodge Viper SRT10
Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
Dodge Viper GTS (2013)
Dodge Viper GTS-R
Ferrari F40
Ferrari F430
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
Ferrari 599 GTB
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari La Ferrari
Ferrari FXX
Ferrari F430GT
Ferrari 512BB
Ferrari Dino 246GT
Ferrari F50
Honda Civic Type R (EK)
Honda Civic Type R (EP)
Honda Civic Type R (2007)
Honda NSX-R (NA2)
Honda S2000
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Hyundai Veloster WRC
Infiniti G35
Koenigsegg CCX
Koenigsegg CCXR
Koenigsegg Agera R
Koenigsegg One:1
Lamborghini Miura
Lamborghini Countach
Lamborghini Gallardo Supperleggera
Lamborghini Gallardo Supperleggera LP570-4
Lamborghini Murcialargo LP640
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 GT3
Mercedes Benz A350 AMG
Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
Mercedes Benz S65 AMG
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG
Mercedes Benz SLR
Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG R230
Mercedes Benz SL500 R198
Mercedes Benz 300SL
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
Mazda RX-8
Mazda MX-5 RS
Mazda MX-5 1.8
Mazda MX-5 NA
Mazdaspeed 6
Mazdaspeed 3
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII FQ-400
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32
Nissan Skyline GT-R R33
Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
Nissan GT-R
Nissan Silvia Spec R S15
Nissan GT-R GT3
Nissan R390 GT1
Nissan GT-R GT500
Nissan 350Z GT500
Pagani Zonda S
Peugeot 206 GTi
Peugeot 206 WRC
Renault Clio Williams
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Cosworth C.S.400
Subaru Impreza WRX STi 22B
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Prodrive
Subaru Impreza WRC 1999
Subaru Impreza WRC 2001
Subaru Impreza WRC 2003
Subaru Impreza WRC 2008
Toyota Supra
Toyota Supra GT500
Toyota MR2 GT-S
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Toyota Celica GT-FOUR
Vauxhall Insignia VXR
Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Vauxhall Astra VXR
Vauxhall Astra DTM
Vauxhall Calibra DTM
Vauxhall Cavalier BTCC
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Weissman

We aren't in a racing series or racing for a living by playing PCars, we are playing a videogame. There is a great deal to be said for taking a car as is, with all it's faults, and making a fast time around a racing track, with the certainty that the time you and everyone else puts up, is purely based on skill and experience, not how many hours you are able to spend fine tuning you car. I see no advantage for the devs to not include an untuned car portion of any Time Trial, and some disadvantage to not including it. As I mentioned earlier, it only needs to be a sortable option, we can do the filtering ourselves, it's just a matter of adding a column for tuned/untuned to the stats package.

Enjoy running that Formula A at Monaco with stock aero. Mind boggled.

I have an idea.

The Hall of Fame:
So basically, once you take on and beat all three historic goals, if you choose to do so. You end up on a leaderboard simply titled (the Hall of Fame). Where you can view multiple players on there. And on that leaderboard, instead of being just the simple "Gamertag, Car, etc" it is a nice looking profile per person, and you can see who is in the #1 spot all the way to the last guy who is in the hall of fame, and in order to rank up in the hall of fame against other players, you have to get better lap times and better results throughout the historic goals. Hopefully that made sense

I have an idea.

The Hall of Fame:
So basically, once you take on and beat all three historic goals, if you choose to do so. You end up on a leaderboard simply titled (the Hall of Fame). Where you can view multiple players on there. And on that leaderboard, instead of being just the simple "Gamertag, Car, etc" it is a nice looking profile per person, and you can see who is in the #1 spot all the way to the last guy who is in the hall of fame, and in order to rank up in the hall of fame against other players, you have to get better lap times and better results throughout the historic goals. Hopefully that made sense

How about a legends mode, where you have to try and beat real life lap times in the same car, or in a similar car.

Would love to some classic Porsches that have had a racing history such as the 935 here

Porsche_935_78_Moby_Dick_Martini_Racing_No._43_(Porsche_Rennsport_Reunion_IV).jpg

the 917 here

20-1970-porsche-917k-gulf-917-004-017-the-vintage-racing-motors-chassis-alms1038.jpg

GT1

97-Porsche-911-GT1-Evolution-DV_12-GCA_02.jpg

959.jpg

attachment.php

I can only DREAM

While I'm in 100% support for this...we can't have them. Blame EA for having a strangle hold on the Porsche license. :( We can hope for Ruf replicas though. :P

Why EA? WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY?????!!!!!!!! lol
Aren't Racing Porsches and Road Porsches under different licenses?

While I'm in 100% support for this...we can't have them. Blame EA for having a strangle hold on the Porsche license. :( We can hope for Ruf replicas though. :P

Why EA? WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY?????!!!!!!!! lol

We can do more than hope for Ruf: Ruf Joins Project CARS

In addition to those there is a 2013 Ruf RGT-8 GT3 in the works. Yes this doesn't exist IRL, it's a Project CARS exclusive GT3 variant of the RGT-8 made with Ruf's blessings. It will sit well in our GT3 field :)

Aren't Racing Porsches and Road Porsches under different licenses?
That I'm not sure of. The original Grid had a few 911 GT2 cars in game but that was back in 2006. It seems EA has total stake in Porsche.

We can do more than hope for Ruf: Ruf Joins Project CARS

In addition to those there is a 2013 Ruf RGT-8 GT3 in the works. Yes this doesn't exist IRL, it's a Project CARS exclusive GT3 variant of the RGT-8 made with Ruf's blessings. It will sit well in our GT3 field :)
I know about Ruf being in the game as I've been following this for a while. I was just refering to MORE Ruf replicas of Porsche racers. But ever since the "concept" GT3 car was added I was content. :P

Last edited:
I wish there would be more liveries for the Formula A and some closer to real F1. I will be on consoles so unfortunately custom liveries will be no option I guess :(
Cant make them too close cause the FIA would pounce on that like to tomorrow.

1024px-Potrero_de_los_Funes_Circuit_(Argentina)_track_map.svg.png potrerodelosfunes.jpg

I have always wanted to see the Lago Potrero de los Funes circuit in San Luis, Argentina included ever since I saw it raced in the final race in the FIA GT1 World Championship back in 2010 (I think). Would be great if Project Cars could add this track sometime in the future

Last edited:
^ Double agree, if there was one track to choose for addition that isnt already in the works or confirmed, this would be it for me. Love it, so pretty, so much fun to drive! (there is a mod for M3 Challenge out there, can only recommend it)

View attachment 239016 View attachment 239017

I have always wanted to see the Lago Potrero de los Funes circuit in San Luis, Argentina ever since I saw it raced in the final race in the FIA GT! World Championship back in 2010 (I think). Would be great if Project Cars could add this track sometime in the future
Wow I'd never heard of this track, it looks sensational. Triple Agree ;)

View attachment 239016 View attachment 239017

I have always wanted to see the Lago Potrero de los Funes circuit in San Luis, Argentina included ever since I saw it raced in the final race in the FIA GT1 World Championship back in 2010 (I think). Would be great if Project Cars could add this track sometime in the future

I have it in GTR2 and yes, it's awesome to drive.

It's been said that the 2013 V8 Supercars are coming in a DLC, which is so utterly wonderful I am nearing tears, but ever wanting more as usual I'm going to pitch in this thread for a wish for the 2014 cars, especially this:

20141010_095833__E7R0584.jpg

Inspired by the World Time Attack Challenge event I just attended I would love Eastern Creek in the game (Sydney Motorsport Park) and a few time attack cars like:
Top Fuel S2000
8025894426_1d15763173_z.jpg

Scorch Racing S15
under_suzuki_s15.gif

Tilton Evo
1st-Tilton-Evo.jpg

RE Amemiya RX-7
article_reamemiya02.jpg

Also this would be pretty cool, the upcoming Infiniti Q50s BTCC race car
Infiniti-03-720x400.jpg

I think I've mentioned it before, but Highlands Motorsport Park REALLY needs more exposure... the final round of the Australian GT Series is being held there this weekend too..

Cars I'd like to see:

FIA WRC (Tarmac spec)

WRC
2006 Subaru Impreza WRC2006
2007 Ford Focus WRC07
2008 Citroen C4 WRC
2011 Ford Fiesta RS WRC
2012 Citroen DS3 WRC
2013 VW Polo WRC
2014 Hyundai i20 WRC

Group B
1985 Audi Sport Quattro S1
1985 Lancia Delta S4
1985 Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2
1986 Ford RS200

European Hill Climb
2014 Norma M20 FC Zytek (Simone Faggioli)
2013 Osella FA30 Zytek (Simone Faggioli)

Pikes Peak Hill Climb
2013 Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak (Sebastien Loeb)

Can-Am
1972 McLaren M20 Chevrolet (Denny Hulme)
1974 Shadow DN4 Chevrolet (Jackie Oliver)

Group C
1992 Peugeot 905 Evo 1 Bis
1991 Jaguar XJR-14
1992 Toyota TS010

Formula 1
1978 Brabham BT46B Alfa Romeo
1954 Mercedes-Benz W196 Streamline

Back