Project CARS Revolution is "200% Better Already" Than Project CARS 2

yas
He just likes to throw random numbers, does he?
Could be 1000% better who knows, it's his opinion who are we to judge.
I think both PCars were buggy at launch but look at how good Project Cars 2 is now. Still one of the only sims on PC beyond iRacing where I can find consistently populated lobbies.
SMS puts out good stuff and have been innovative so I look forward to hearing more.

I'm looking forward to this. It probably will be next gen title though

For it to be 200 times better. I assume they have dynamic environments, exp. crowds waving right at track boundary. Pre and post race cut scences. Car animations while tuning. Etc.

I hope it really does improve, I wanted to like it but whilst looking reasonable it played so poorly even after tinkering with the settings... Defo would have to try a demo before purchasing it... More driving franchises are always welcome hopefully it will come good...

Yet when Kaz says the same people take his word like the gospel.

It's like he wants to promote his game he's working on, ffs.

That's because Kaz has built up a very dedicated and loyal fanbase over the years. Of course some are going to take his words like gospel! :P

Project Cars is a bit more recent and has a smaller fanbase so you're going to see more critics outweighing the fans.

I hope, they invest one hour of their unlimited time, to get the standard controller settings right...

Here's the thing - for me, the out-of-the-box, standard controller settings are basically right. I tweak the steering sensitivity depending on the car, but other than that I leave it completely stock (and while I'm no alien, I generally do ok in the CRAP Club TT). I also know of a number of other people who get on just fine with default pad settings.

The problem is that any default controller setup is only going be 'right' for a subset of players - if they get so that it's right for you, chances are I'll hate the defaults and be the one complaining...

Pcars2 is still a great game. Still the best for me in VR (iracing is pretty crisp also but not near as detailed). Ian is pretty crazy but mainly just enhance the online experience to have organized daily races and add some new genre's and it will be great. Some improvied physics tweaks are always welcome but it's pretty fun as is.

Is the online going to actually be stable, or is that gonna be another scam?
Were do you find online unstable. I race ever night. I host.12 to 16 people. It's not SMS's fault people have terrible internet. Look at the number above the drivers head,little yellow triangle. If that number is above 100,your going to have issues. It's their ping rate. Don't race with people that have high numbers. That's up to you,not SMS. Hardly a scam. Read up.
https://www.bandwidthplace.com/the-importance-of-latency-in-online-gaming/

Last edited:
@gregc While I get your point, I wonder how other games manage to do it right, then. Especially Gran Turismo is a prime example of a good controller support.
But before the sim elite gets around, I also want to mention GT Legends, which works pretty good with a controller from the start, while still counting to the more sophisticated sims out there.

I just hope they fill out the lower categories. Having all the GTE and most of the GT3 cars is great, GT4 and TC feel lacking in PC2.

Also, more tacks from Asia, Australia/New Zealand and the Americas would be nice.

@gregc While I get your point, I wonder how other games manage to do it right, then. Especially Gran Turismo is a prime example of a good controller support.
But before the sim elite gets around, I also want to mention GT Legends, which works pretty good with a controller from the start, while still counting to the more sophisticated sims out there.

I can't comment on GTS as I've never played it, but I never totally gelled with the pad handling in previous versions of GT - I'm not saying it was bad, but it never felt quite right to me. The only comparison I can really make as far as recent racers go is to AC, and I find that borderline unplayable on default pad settings.

Were do you find online unstable. I race ever night. I host.12 to 16 people. It's not SMS's fault people have terrible internet. Look at the number above the drivers head,little yellow triangle. If that number is above 100,your going to have issues. It's their ping rate. Don't race with people that have high numbers. That's up to you,not SMS. Hardly a scam. Read up.
For your information, it has to do with the fact that it kicks me out of ANY lobby within the first few minutes of joining, and before you have some defensive comment about "look at your internet speed, because it's you," my internet speed is 40 down, 20 up. That's faster than it used to be, and I STILL get disconnected within minutes of joining, in any lobby hosted by whoever.

For your information, it has to do with the fact that it kicks me out of ANY lobby within the first few minutes of joining, and before you have some defensive comment about "look at your internet speed, because it's you," my internet speed is 40 down, 20 up. That's faster than it used to be, and I STILL get disconnected within minutes of joining, in any lobby hosted by whoever.

Check your NAT settings then. The problem is very much at your end.
PCars 2 online runs like a watch 99.9% of the time.

Back