Project CARS track list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 828 comments
Yep, going to have to keep your eyes peeled. Bear in mind that the game only needs to sell a small amount to make our money back.

I know right... if all of this comes together as we want it to... it will be amazing for the budget and investment that was in place.

There are several levels of membership package in the investment system:

Junior
Team Member
Senior
Manager
Senior Manager

Each level requires a minimum level of investment, and as you go up through the scale you get more benefits and access to more materials within the development, as well as the ability to attend press days and attend meetings in person. So if you want to be able to access those assets, you need to have a high enough membership level.

Careful calling it an investment though, as it's not one and they aren't allowed to call it that.

GT_Andy - the way it works you pay up to basically become a team member, and your feedback helps create the game (if you are a higher up member you can have more involvement like taking photos, organising deals with licence holders etc). They pay for your services in the form of returns of sale.

In the small print it says you have to help in the creation of the game to see a return, and it has been suggested that someone that paid for a $1000 membership could see less returns that someone with a $100 membership if they didn't get involved in the making of the game.

Edit: Here is an interesting article about how the project got in to slightly hot water for people believing it was an investment:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-18-driving-ambition-pcars-crowdfunding-and-the-fsa

Punknoodle is right, this is cannot be defined as an investment according to the Financial Conduct Authority because it wasn't tested by the FCA (or the FSA as it was at the time), so legally it cannot be referred to as an investment.

As far as the amount of returns not being in direct correlation to the amount invested, it was designed to stop people from profitting on SMS' work without putting any feedback or direction into the game.

However, we are getting into things that we shouldn't be discussing here. It's about SMS business.

Unless something is tcked away in the licensing somewhere, I doubt it. SMS have said it's too late to add any more content. That, and it's not really a circuit that's conducive to racing; it's too narrow.

Speaking of licensing, it was my understanding at the start of the project all the tracks would be licensed and all the tracks would have the official name. For example Watkins Glen wouldn't have a goofy name like Connecticut Hill GP. IMO this only cheapens the game and gives it more of an arcade feel then a Sim. Is there any chance that all the licensing and official names will be in place come release day?

Careful calling it an investment though, as it's not one and they aren't allowed to call it that.

Fair enough, that I did not know.

GT_Andy - the way it works you pay up to basically become a team member, and your feedback helps create the game (if you are a higher up member you can have more involvement like taking photos, organising deals with licence holders etc). They pay for your services in the form of returns of sale.

In the small print it says you have to help in the creation of the game to see a return, and it has been suggested that someone that paid for a $1000 membership could see less returns that someone with a $100 membership if they didn't get involved in the making of the game.

Edit: Here is an interesting article about how the project got in to slightly hot water for people believing it was an investment:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-18-driving-ambition-pcars-crowdfunding-and-the-fsa

If I'm in the position to be involved with the team members come PCars 2, I wouldn't be looking for any return. Being involved in some way with the creation of such a simulator would be reward enough!

I Saw that under Confirmed/Planned Tracks, There was one called Ruapuna Speedway, Are we talking about the Ruapuna Track in New Zealand?, If so that would be amazing to have that in the game, A Track ive raced on

I would gladly try and arrange this for both Queensland Raceway and Teretonga Park raceway when I go back to my home town of Invercargill, NZ next.

Highlands Motorsport Park would be a good one, too.

While it's good to have unusual tracks in the game, there has to be some merit behind them, otherwise we'll just end up with a load of tracks that would never get published. It takes roughly 500 hours to make a track, if not more, so SMS have to get the balance right. As of yet, we still haven't seen anything of Ruapuna Speedway.

Pretty much like Kickstarter and various other crowd funding sites?

Someone I know asked if the Nurb 24 Hr track would be in the game, just weld the GP Track and the big track together, I mean how hard can it be? :dopey:

It's not quite as easy as that, and there are limitations, but they are trying. As usual, any info and we'll let you know.

No, I wasn't being arsey, the guys have found a limitation in the engine with a circuit of that size. I know the guys are working had on it, and they have modelled the GP circuit as part of the Nordschleife, so it's there if they can find a way around the limitation.

Fellas, quick question. Which tracks are laser scanned? I can only see little (laser scanned) brackets on a few tracks.

Just the four Motorsport Vision UK tracks. Brands, Snetterton, Oulton and Cadwell.
Really?

Ok. That's... a little disappointing to be honest. However, as long as there aren't any massive glaring mistakes and width issues I won't be complaining too much.

Does this come down to finances and licencing?

Really?

Ok. That's... a little disappointing to be honest. However, as long as there aren't any massive glaring mistakes and width issues I won't be complaining too much.

Time, its why Forza 5 has less tracks

Just a thought; I used to be fan of Pro Evolution Soccer, and although it was lacking in the official licences department, it did have a feature where you could edit the names of teams and players etc to their correct ones. I was wondering if there are any plans to feature something similar in PCars? It's hardly essential by any means but it could be a nice little addition for those of us (me) with a touch of OCD.

Really?

Time and money, basically. The rest of the tracks are based on GPS data and Google Maps data, as far as I know they're all pretty damn accurate.

Just a thought; I used to be fan of Pro Evolution Soccer, and although it was lacking in the official licences department, it did have a feature where you could edit the names of teams and players etc to their correct ones. I was wondering if there are any plans to feature something similar in PCars? It's hardly essential by any means but it could be a nice little addition for those of us (me) with a touch of OCD.

For the tracks you mean? Most if not all of them are expected to be fully licensed before the game releases. This sort of thing is usually finished up pretty late but obviously you can't wait for the license to start modelling other wise you'd be way behind!

Time, its why Forza 5 has less tracks

Ok, but if it's solely down to time I would rather they have less tracks but all of them lasered correctly. The quality over quantity argument again. I've just watched one of the latest videos of the nurburgring, and visually it's stunning and it's a hell of a lot better than the dire version they had in NFS Shift. But from the camera angle shown it still looks a bit too wide. That is going to annoy me no end, because it won't feel right to drive.

I'm hoping I'm picking far too much into it and it won't be a problem.

Time and money, basically. The rest of the tracks are based on GPS data and Google Maps data, as far as I know they're all pretty damn accurate.

Good! This has calmed my worries a little. To be honest most of the videos I've seen thus far haven't screamed out at me that the track looks wrong, so maybe I should just chill out a bit. :D

The ring has been given a lot of attention as you can imagine because of it's status, the width has been measured accurately via GPS I believe. It may look wider on videos because of the FOV but it's accurate, according to the devs and their data.

The ring has been given a lot of attention as you can imagine because of it's status, the width has been measured accurately via GPS I believe. It may look wider on videos because of the FOV but it's accurate, according to the devs and their data.

Yep, this is what I am hoping. I guess we'll only find out once we get to race it!

For the tracks you mean? Most if not all of them are expected to be fully licensed before the game releases. This sort of thing is usually finished up pretty late but obviously you can't wait for the license to start modelling other wise you'd be way behind!
Yes I meant for the names of the tracks, but that explanation makes perfect sense. Thanks

Back