Project CARS track list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 828 comments
Pretty impressive and awesome track list. Almost every important track in the game. Anyway I would love to see more f1 tracks. Interlagos brazil, canada, Australia are some classics. Especially Interlagos is great (:

It would be great if you could also add the different track variants to the main list. It would also make the list even bigger and more impresssiverer

What's the deal with licensing regarding running the tracks in reverse, is this something that would be allowed?

No, it's not allowed, as far as we know. I may be proved wrong though. When Imola was formally licensed, the reverse layout was removed.

No, it's not allowed, as far as we know. I may be proved wrong though. When Imola was formally licensed, the reverse layout was removed.

That's been my understanding, and has held true through many games for many years, but Grid: Autosport has recently released including reverse versions of a bunch of real world tracks. How they managed that, I have no idea, but it's clearly not as forbidden as might have previously been thought.

Yes, Istanbul was one that stuck out in mind while I was writing that reply, especially in GRID. I don't know how they were able to do that, unless they specifically stated that they wanted to do reverse direction on the circuit, because there were some real life circuits, such as Brands Hatch, that didn't have reverse travel.

I believe, IIRC, that the issue of reverse direction layouts had been discussed, but it was dismissed on two counts; one was the amount of extra work required to fix problems that only occur when traveling in the reverse direction, and the other other issue was that certain tracks only work in one direction (in fact, that's the case for most circuits).

Could it be that the difference with GRID and PCars is that GRID aims for an "authentic" experience rather than a "simulation"? There the use for reverse tracks is allowed?

Maybe, it would certainly make sense, but I think it is also down to the choice that the dev wants to do with the license. If they are happy to provide a more realistic game and keep in one direction, that's up to them. If Codemasters want to get as many tracks in there game as possible, then that's how they do it.

Haven't really checked out this game until now, and I must say this track list is damn impressive, especially because it's a game that FINALLY has my local circuit, Cadwell Park in it. I hope the other tracks get licenced though, I'm someone who doesn't really like wrong names or inaccurate courses.

In agreement with Wardez, I thought it would be best to have the car and track lists in seperate threads, since it tends to get overlooked in the OP of the massive main pCARS thread. Me or the mods will try to keep it updated.

Oval Tracks

- Concord -
Charlotte Motor Speedway **
- Daytona International Speedway
- Delaware - Dover
- Henrico - Richmond
- Indianapolis Speedway *
- Memphis - Bristol
HOLY CRAP, are they really gonna have all these ovals? If so, that's amazing!

Hey, sorry I'm new to all this. I'm looking at getting a computer... Yes I'm that bad!!
I race single seater in the uk, and apparently this is the simulator game to get to help keep your eye in. The you tube videos look good.
I can't see croft on the track list :( is it likely to get added? I love that track too.

Any info would be great. Thanks in advance . Andrew

@nicholas han -- Azure Coast and California Highway are the two street courses planned for the game. To a degree, they're representative of the touge and shutokou styles of racing. There will also be a few historic racetracks/historic versions of well-known racetracks, some of which are essentially closed roads.

@nicholas han -- Azure Coast and California Highway are the two street courses planned for the game. To a degree, they're representative of the touge and shutokou styles of racing. There will also be a few historic racetracks/historic versions of well-known racetracks, some of which are essentially closed roads.

Okay. That will be great! What about downhill tracks in Japan? E.g Mt. Akina and etc??

Haven't really checked out this game until now, and I must say this track list is damn impressive, especially because it's a game that FINALLY has my local circuit, Cadwell Park in it. I hope the other tracks get licenced though, I'm someone who doesn't really like wrong names or inaccurate courses.

Innacurate track ok thats a no go but wrong name, whats the problem? Why waste millions of $$$ for a license only to get the real name of the track? As I know, they can make a track 1:1 to the original and use a fantasy name. I have no problem with Eifelwald.

Innacurate track ok thats a no go but wrong name, whats the problem? Why waste millions of $$$ for a license only to get the real name of the track? As I know, they can make a track 1:1 to the original and use a fantasy name. I have no problem with Eifelwald.
I'm ok with not having the real names as well, but at the same time it adds to the legitimacy of the game by having all the real circuit names and logos and would probably add to sales to more casual players as well. It could well be worth the additional licensing cost just for that...depending on how much it is of course:scared:

I'm ok with not having the real names as well, but at the same time it adds to the legitimacy of the game by having all the real circuit names and logos and would probably add to sales to more casual players as well. It could well be worth the additional licensing cost just for that...depending on how much it is of course:scared:

Yeah I agree, it sounds way better with the real name. But as you said, it depends on the cost for the license. If they want 7 digits only to call a track by the real name, I would put that millions in other stuff of the game. If it costs 4 to 5 digits then its ok, they should buy the license.

You can use the following to add to the list; www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html

9806942_orig.png
6916556_orig.png
9805215_orig.png
1304873_orig.png
2744724_orig.png
9651394_orig.png
1677060_orig.png
5077729_orig.png

(Yeah some may have been hard to read)​

Back