Project CARS track list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 828 comments
It's the only Japanese track in the game and I was really looking forward it seeing it perfectly reproduced in the game!
I think that is exactly the problem, this is the only Japanese track that they have in game so they have got to please to those supporters even if it means getting a heavily modified track based on that location.

I think that is exactly the problem, this is the only Japanese track that they have in game so they have got to please to those supporters even if it means getting a heavily modified track based on that location.

You may be right, but unless for some reason they have no hope or intention of getting the license for the real suzuka, this feels to me like the wrong way to go.

You may be right, but unless for some reason they have no hope or intention of getting the license for the real suzuka, this feels to me like the wrong way to go.
Agree. I assume they did this so that they meet the number of tracks as advertise to avoid issues with people already pre-ordered the game.

If that's the case I rather they just drop the idea of a fictional track inspired by Suzuka and create something completely different for the sake of keeping the purity of the game.

All conspiracy theorists, please go crazy with your theories lol

am i the only one that thinks this track is an old layout of Suzuka and the new layout will still be in the game??? like they did with spa and hockenheimring

All conspiracy theorists, please go crazy with your theories lol

Why theories? It's simple. They are redesigning the track because they don't have the licence for Suzuka and they don't want to lose a track. Why not a completely new track? Well, because they don't have time, they have other things to do before the released.

If they're able to have the licence for Suzuka after the released, it will probably be in DLC.

I must admit I like the look of that right hander at the end too instead of the stop/go chicane. A bit more old school speed racing. The esses start with a right hander instead of a left hander. That could fool a few initially. I hope this track is kept in the final game even if Suzuka is subsequently added back in later.

Last edited:
I must admit I like the look of that right hander at the end too instead of the stop/go chicane. A bit more old school speed racing. The esses start with a right hander instead of a left hander. That could fool a few initially. I hope this track is kept in the final game even if Suzuka is subsequently added back in later.
Agreed. As much as I'd also like to see Suzuka, I think this is a better layout for racing and I hope it stays in the game either way.

Just new to this thread - but a couple of thoughts. I have to admit to being very, very dubious. These are the same people that bought out NFS Shift 2 where the cars handled like there was one huge wheel in the middle. The real problem for me though, was despite major, endemic disappointment - not one word from the devs. No physics fixes, no patches not a peep. That was a real game breaker for me. Sure, people are going to jump on me and claim different backers, licenses, yaddah yaddah - bottom line, it was their game, with their name on it and it was an epic unanswered fail. I truly hope that this game lives up to the hype, but I for one will not be pre-ordering. I still have articles prior to the release of GT6 with Kaz promising vast new DLC content every month and while PD have raised their game in recent months it sure has been a while. I love to race as much as the next guy/gal but will wait and see with this one. :)

First of all: This is not true. Hate Shift 2 as much as you like, but there were both patches and dev activity afterwards (Ian Bell was even here on GTP for a short time, but mostly he was active at No Grip Racing Forums along with some other devs).

Secondly: What does this have to do with the track list? Please try to stick to the thread topic.

Oh no! That's bitterly disappointing :( Looks like they've made some substantial changes to the track layout. Why don't they just leave it out of the game and get license sorted out for a later DLC release? It's the only Japanese track in the game and I was really looking forward it seeing it perfectly reproduced in the game! Major bummer for me personally :(

Better to remove it from the game altogether until the licence is acquired. Now it looks like some ripoff project in China, like that fake Eiffel tower...

Is there a track map?
I'm not a PCars member so I can't say for certaint, but my guess would be that every layout in the game has it's own track map. A member will correct me if I'm wrong:scared:

^ Yes there are track maps. Both in the track selection screen and (optionally) on the HUD. The notSuzuka one, or rather Sakitto as it is affectionately known, is missing at the moment since it's being reworked. I suppose Jake wanted to see the modified Sakitto map, but we'll have to wait until the new one is in place.

Last edited:
There's only one physical change that I could pick out, and that's where the second right-hand corner straightens out early to meet up with the real circuit's next right-hander, skipping the first left-hand corner of the S turns. The remaining changes seem to all be alternate routes, with the original pavement still in place.

Maybe SMS intends to offer most of Suzuka as an optional layout (apart from that change at turn two), and the default layout has those extra changes to keep relevant parties happy?

Honestly, I wasn't aware that you couldn't model a replica of a track without licensing it. I thought only certain details were disallowed, like advertisements or landmarks.

There's only one physical change that I could pick out, and that's where the second right-hand corner straightens out early to meet up with the real circuit's next right-hander, skipping the first left-hand corner of the S turns. The remaining changes seem to all be alternate routes, with the original pavement still in place.

Maybe SMS intends to offer most of Suzuka as an optional layout (apart from that change at turn two), and the default layout has those extra changes to keep relevant parties happy?

Honestly, I wasn't aware that you couldn't model a replica of a track without licensing it. I thought only certain details were disallowed, like advertisements or landmarks.
So does that mean Bathurst is going to be changed too?!

Agreed. As much as I'd also like to see Suzuka, I think this is a better layout for racing and I hope it stays in the game either way.
Is there a track map?
We got one today, Sakitto GP & East layouts:

ka679v.jpg

Back