Project CARS track list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 828 comments
I can pretend it's a retro version of Suzuka. The elimination of the hairpin and final chicane lend to a "historical layout" vibe, from the days when organizers were more irreverent toward high speeds.

I can pretend it's a retro version of Suzuka. The elimination of the hairpin and final chicane lend to a "historical layout" vibe, from the days when organizers were more irreverent toward high speeds.
I liked the hairpin, but I've never met a chicane that I liked, they are the devil's work IMO. :lol: If I was making a racing game, every track would include a fantasy version removing all chicanes and replacing them with sensible, natural corners or no corners at all.

Actually today I test drove the new Sakitto layouts for the first time since they were finished. The GP track isnt that much different actually, except for the insane butt clenching 250+ kmh last curve. :crazy: But the short layouts are totally different to the real short version and lots of fun. Especially west 2, which is driven in the opposite direction than the other layouts.

I liked the hairpin, but I've never met a chicane that I liked, they are the devil's work IMO. :lol: If I was making a racing game, every track would include a fantasy version removing all chicanes and replacing them with sensible, natural corners or no corners at all.

There are some chicanes in the world that do make challenging corners; what about the corkscrew or the chicane in the middle of Nurburgring GP? Not all chicanes are evil.

The bad chicanes are the ones that are grafted into an existing track layout for the express purpose of limiting speed. Particularly for us sim racers, because safety is of no concern! :) In that respect, modern safety-minded racetracks are the worst, with their wide corners, flat open areas for optimum visibility, and low-risk layouts.

There are some chicanes in the world that do make challenging corners; what about the corkscrew or the chicane in the middle of Nurburgring GP? Not all chicanes are evil.
I remember a big heated discussion somewhere in the GT5 or 6 Forum about what a chicane is:lol:. For me it's this:

chi·cane
SHiˈkān,CHi-/
noun
  1. 1.
    an artificial narrowing or turn on a road or auto-racing course.
The corkscrew is by design, it's an integral part of the track. Most chicanes that I know of really interrupt the flow of the track and just aren't as much fun to drive as what I'd call a "real corner".

Any chance of the real Suzuka being in the game at some point? I hope they get the license.

Also, does this mean every track that is not licensed has to be altered a bit? Monaco, Spa, Nurburgring, etc.? I hope not. :(

Also, does this mean every track that is not licensed has to be altered a bit? Monaco, Spa, Nurburgring, etc.? I hope not. :(
No. They changed the Suzuka layout to a fictional one because they couldn't get the license in time for the game's release, if any other track had been on the same situation, they would have to start recreating it sooner rather than later.

They won't necessarily have to be neither licensed nor altered AFAIK. Fixed installations don't require licensing, or so we've been told, but you can't use other stuff that does, like the track name, real life ad boards and such. I don't know why Suzuka (Sakitto!) was altered for now - could be something in the licensing talks that we're not privy to.

I also hope the licenses will be ticking in though...

Last edited:
Some more American tracks would be nice in the game!
Barber
Mid Ohio
Belle Isle
Long Beach
St Pete
The 5 above would be great for IndyCar

Circuit of the Americas
Gilles Villeneuve
Trois Rivieres
Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez

Phillip Island V8SC/MotoGP and the Adelaide street circuit would be nice additions to Oceania.

Some more American tracks would be nice in the game!
Barber
Mid Ohio
Belle Isle
Long Beach
St Pete
The 5 above would be great for IndyCar

Circuit of the Americas
Gilles Villeneuve
Trois Rivieres
Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
There is wishlist for this stuff fellas:tup:👍

Phillip Island V8SC/MotoGP and the Adelaide street circuit would be nice additions to Oceania.
Surfers Paradise too. I still play at that track in TDR3 every now and then.

I like the track list, and I especially like that every track will have dynamic weather.

Back