Project Cars - What needs tweaking and what do you want added?

I'll post my thoughts from the other day in this thread as well if I may:

1. seeing as this game has so many tweaks and options I don't understand why we can't access the main Options from within the Race Options. if I want to adjust my camera or FOV I have to leave the event, go back to main options, adjust, exit, load event again, and then possibly do it all over again if I'm not happy with the adjustments.
I'd like to know if there are any technical reasons why Main Options can't accessed in....

Dude, I cannot agree more with you. I spend about 2 days getting the controller settings right, which meant constantly leaving and joining a race....so annoying!!

512px-Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-2002-24h.svg.png

'Nuff said.

A upgraded photo mode - Free Cam Added/ability to take photos during replays/ability to delete photos/info on what the settings do (do they add the effect there or when the photo is taken?)

Better replays - ability to change target during the replay/add race info on screen with the option to remove/have ff and skip laps

Online lobby - be able to search for rooms by what assists are used/results section in the lobby which you can review after the race/text chat/spectate mode/be able to go back to the lobby (not pit box)after you go to track to change car/weight penalty option for series online

Time trail/community function - Friends list/ ability to see what aids drivers used

There are probably more tbh but I need to play again to remember them all, lots of features missing imo and pretty sure all of these are included within GT5/6 which makes it even more disappointing they're not included! :confused::banghead:👎

Last edited:
I would like a Map of the track in Race control for quick race and career. There are 6 places there but only 5 used. Saying that it is Oulton Park (with a nice picture of the stands) doesnt really help me know which layout I am going to race on. And just adding the layout name would not help me or a lot of other people either. I dont know the difference between Island, Fosters and International (Well I do now but I didn't on thursday!). And I have never heard of some the other tracks!

For console users that have to chose an AI difficulty in increments of 10 each time, i figured out why. On PC you can only adjust it in between the 10's using a keyboard. If you use the wheel it restricts it by ten also. And as console users aren't using a keyboard that's why they can't select it.

So it's probably already available on console, but you need a keyboard to make it work.

That's also a bit of a tweak we need for the menu's on PC in general, sometimes you can only select certain tabs or use sliders properly with the keyboard whilst menu browsing is available using the directional buttons on a pad or wheel, but it just doesn't work properly as of now.

When browsing online sessions, it would be nice to see more information (such as number of laps, weather settings, if it has qualy/practice). As things stand anything between 5-250 laps is considered a long race, and you've no idea on forced assists unless you physically enter a lobby.

I would like a Map of the track in Race control for quick race and career. There are 6 places there but only 5 used. Saying that it is Oulton Park (with a nice picture of the stands) doesnt really help me know which layout I am going to race on. And just adding the layout name would not help me or a lot of other people either. I dont know the difference between Island, Fosters and International (Well I do now but I didn't on thursday!). And I have never heard of some the other tracks!
there is a button to see the full track list where you can see each map layout. look for the icon on the right side of the vertical track list select screen. shows you all the circuit logos and then layouts.

actually I think I misunderstood. you want to see the map before the race itself. a good idea.

This was posted on another forum I visit, looks like the AI produces "fake laptimes" during Qualifying sessions:

So when you qualify it's against fake drivers, just like the F1 games. I spent an entire qualifying session working my way up to P1, and with around 30 seconds to go I did a lap 6 tenths faster (a 1:30.2 in a Caterham at Donington) which put me on pole. Span at the next corner to I quit back to the pits and clicked end session. Low and behold, in that 30 seconds 11 cars apparently beat my time by a whopping three seconds, despite few of them even managing a 1:30 in practice or the race. Brilliant.

-Best lap times after race online.
-Ability to change car class in online lobby, not just before.
-Ability to scroll through cars during replays to watch other racers rather than just yourself.
-Ability to password protect PS4 lobbies to prevent having to invite.

Also would really like the ability to scroll through cars on a replay. However much more than that have a feature called televised replay (with options). Say maybe 50% of time or whatever percentage it focuses on the lead pack (top 4 cars or whatever you specify), then rest of time could be random or focus on cars that jockey for position. Also in televised replay could have sub replays from different angles of major incidents. Also this mode would contain much more panning, zooming in and out of the camera etc.

Maybe in the next one a movie mode to make/edit your own replays via the game.

I would love it if the AI was tweaked, so it doesn't fight for it's position, when I'm lapping the back of the pack.

I think the AI is great, but you know... 28 laps at Sonoma in Formula C fighting for 1st place... Really a lot of fun.. But.. Ending up crashing or spinning out, because last place doesn't let you pass and bumps you, so you spin out and lose a tire on the last lap... It's just frustrating. And unnecessary :(

I hope SMS publish detailed information on whatever is included in the future patches, or at the very least have it available to WMD members so they can share it here. say what you want about Evolution, but when a Driveclub update is incoming they plaster their fb page with the details for all to see.

There's quite some things I want on my wish list:
  • True multi-class racing of LMP and GT cars on Quick Race Weekend
  • Faster fuel flow rate
  • Time progression fully adjustable (I mean, by increments of one, not just five or ten, much like Gran Turismo)

I would like to be able to reset settings per tab rather than across the board, for example in Tuning Setup I want to reset only the Tires & Brakes tab and not the FFB settings; but as it stands I believe if you press triangle you'll reset all settings. per page resets would be a better option.

Well I had a whinge about this, and also listed it as an error....But I would really love to have proper triple monitor support added (for PC).
That's all I need :)

• The quick selection list for vehicles should have a "change livery" option. Takes too much time otherwise.
• The quick selection list for vehicles should also have sorting options. Like "sort by class" for instance.
• The quick selection list for tracks should have a picture of the track layout next to it.
• Formula car sounds are extremely loud compared to other car classes. Needs to be toned down.
• Many menu options needs to be lifted into the actual racing, and vice versa.
• Creating teams and custom liveries would make the multiplayer much more interesting.
• Online opponents that are intentionally trying to sabotage by ramming and going the opposite way need to be made "invisible" (you go right through them).
• The race selection in multiplayer needs a lot more information and sorting options.

It would be nice to be able to set the time to real in game rather than one hour intervals and better if the game remembered that setting.

It would be nice if it remembered my setting of real time progression instead of reverting to frozen time every time I go into track settings as well.

Tuning is flawed, either on or offline when I go into my tuning menu it does not save changes already made. So in practice when I make my first lot of changes and then want to tweak the settings some more all the setting revert back to the bass setting. This very annoying because I have to remember *ALL* my settings and the re-enter all the values.

Example a car's base tyre pressures are 2bar FL, FR, RL and RR so I set them to FR and FL 1.8Bar and RR and RL 1.6bar. Now if I then practice some more and discover I have gone too far and want to tweak these setting the second time I go into the tuning menu all setting revert to 2.0bar. Plus any other settings like qualifying fuel load, gearbox ratios etc.

So if there is just 2 min of qualifying left I have rune out of time to re-enter all my settings before the race starts and I am stuck with the base settings :-(

I do hope I have explained that well enough as it needs to be "tweaked".

Here is a list of a few things I can think of right off.

Need to be able to disable the demo video or at least lower the volume or mute it.
Need to be able to adjust volume of tire sounds a bit. As is they are hard to hear in most cases.
Would be nice if the game would remember the livery you chose for each car and use that the next time you use the car rather than going random again.
Would be nice to be able to select a livery from the garage screen rather than having to go to the select car again
Would be even better to allow the livery to be saved to the setup so you could use a different livery when you go to a different track if you want or just set the one livery for all tracks or whatever.

In game sway bar adjustments do not seem to carry over outside the session. Would be a good thing for tuning if when you exit the session and go to the garage the tweaks you made in game were still there and could be saved.
I haven't checked the brake bias in game but have a feeling it may behave the same as the sway bars and not carry back to the garage.

Need better descriptions on a lot of things in game, some have no description at all and others are a bit cryptic to your average Joe.
Need better options for fine tuning gears on cars that allow adjustments. Currently the adjustments are pretty much useless on many cars.

Would be nice to have an option to create an online time trial lobby, multiplayer, public/private, collisions off, fixed conditions such as they are in time trial mode and times post to leaderboard. Such lobby could be set to have a time limit and the fastest time would be considered the winner of the event.

1. Ability to save your preferred HUD layout without having to change it every race (I like to have the mini dash display in the centre of the screen not over to the right).

2. Not be forced to assign certain functions when remapping the controller buttons. I never use handbrake but am forced to assign a button for it.

3. 2 player split screen for when your mate is round and you fancy a race together.

4. Ability to save replays.

5. Livery editor or some basic car appearance mods just to create a little individuality on-track and to give us more to play around with off-track.

When you've swapped out for an AI driver in an endurance race there should be an option to fast forward time or simulate to your next drive. Seems odd this isn't actually a feature.

2 player split screen for when your mate is round and you fancy a race together.

They could implement this if they dropped the frame rate to 30fps just for 2 player mode.

👍

Suggestion:
I would like more information on HUD: alert to the critical fuel level, specification that is equipped car tires.
Needed more powerful car headlights at night (Le Mans) and change damaged parts of the car when entering the pit stop in Le Mans race (hood).

Back