Project Cars - What needs tweaking and what do you want added?

A upgraded photo mode - Free Cam Added/ability to take photos during replays/ability to delete photos/info on what the settings do (do they add the effect there or when the photo is taken?)

Better replays - ability to change target during the replay/add race info on screen with the option to remove/have ff and skip laps

Online lobby - be able to search for rooms by what assists are used/results section in the lobby which you can review after the race/text chat/spectate mode/be able to go back to the lobby (not pit box)after you go to track to change car/weight penalty option for series online

Time trail/community function - Friends list/ ability to see what aids drivers used

There are probably more tbh but I need to play again to remember them all, lots of features missing imo and pretty sure all of these are included within GT5/6 which makes it even more disappointing they're not included! :confused::banghead:👎
Could really do with some reassurance from the powers that be there's so many issues I'm worried A some will be overlooked and B It will take light years for everything to be ironed out.:(

I'll post my thoughts from the other day in this thread as well if I may:

1. seeing as this game has so many tweaks and options I don't understand why we can't access the main Options from within the Race Options. if I want to adjust my camera or FOV I have to leave the event, go back to main options, adjust, exit, load event again, and then possibly do it all over again if I'm not happy with the adjustments.
I'd like to know if there are any technical reasons why Main Options can't accessed in the Event Options.

2. option to disable Stig subtitles

3. option to have Stig come through speakers and not pad

4. option to have full DS4 control as well as wheel, enabling faster menu navigation and more accurate controls during replays. I don't think it's even possible to pan the camera with the wheel.

5. Stig subtitles not on screen long enough to read.

6. cannot scroll down race listings with T300 wheel due to it not having an R button. cannot use pad at the same time so I'll never be able to scroll as it stands.

I'm supporting each of this, specially point 3 since I usually use a Headset (and a wheel) when playing. So sound output trough DS4 is something I can not hear.

I'm supporting each of this, specially point 3 since I usually use a Headset (and a wheel) when playing. So sound output trough DS4 is something I can not hear.
I think if you go into the main PS4 options and select devices you can turn the controller speaker off. try it out. I should probably edit that post really

I think if you go into the main PS4 options and select devices you can turn the controller speaker off. try it out. I should probably edit that post really

It's possible to reduce the sound volume to zero - if this means that the output will get routed to the "standard" sound output (e.g. headsets, TV-Speakers) I don't know. According to Google this end's up only in muting the output, no redirect to other sources will happen. AFAIK this needs to be implemented in the game.

Anyway, will give it a try later this week. Be on a business travel so no time to play :grumpy:.

A console Livery editor is a must, or some store or site to download ones created by the PC community.

also for those asking for a save mid race feature you sort of can on consoles with the standby modes.

Well I had a whinge about this, and also listed it as an error....But I would really love to have proper triple monitor support added (for PC).
That's all I need :)

That and proper VR menus when using the rift. I almost got banished for asking for triple screen support so I don't have much hope for that.

It would be cool if SMS could still acquire the licences for most of the fictional liveries, and replace them with the real ones in future updates.

For me what needs tweaking or adding. As I was playing the game today I noticed that when you do burnouts or skids or brake you hardly see the Tyre skid marks. Change this or make the effect look more like your car is putting power down and leaving skid marks that are see able.

EDIT
Its like they are either really faint or the car just does not leave burn marks in the road.

It's hard to slide the car or skid it using a controller.
You can in fact skid a car

EDIT I noticed this mostly on Le Mans 24HRS Circuit De la Sarth. Another thing I noticed which is not a big issue but would be more realistic is when you brake hard. The brakes do not heat up or glow orange like on Forza series. Brakes do in fact heat up and glow red over 1000 Celsius.

Not sure this is something people either are bothered for or aware of. But it adds realism that the other games already have. Or have I missed a setting somewhere that enables this? I know I left a load of damage and tyre wear options off etc etc

Another little niggle which isn't as important but adds to realism is when the car picks up dirt. Even though the dust and dirt particles visual option is ON in the game, the car doesn't show your car being dirty as much as say Forza 5 or Horizon 2 does.

Yes yes I know its not an off roading game and dust and dirt particles shouldn't matter so much to a racing simulator. But should they? I mean if graphics matter, rain and weather matters and other effects matter like sound in general, then to me other effects should amplify the realism factor just as much as the other factors people care about. From rain splashing up at your car brings dirt and dust and so should when you drive off the road into the sand or gravel should add to the effect of dirt and dust being seen better on the game. So far I don't see it working so well.

Another small little thing I noticed in free practice on Le Mans track is when your car is idling and stood still the rear left tyre I noticed seems to go into the road itself. Like I said all small little things or bugs that might be either changed or added to make the experience better.

But the tyre or wheel shouldn't look like it is going through a hard surface which defies gravity and reality. The tyres should be touching the surface. I was in the BMW 1-Series M Coupe at the last part of the track, the small straight before the last hairpin corner to the start line straight.

Last edited:
An issue I'd like changed is how a car move's on it's suspension when I gently rock my steering from right to left. The Focus RS behaves as if it had about 2 inches of slop or free play in roll. It's very noticeable on corner entry and breaks immersion for me. I just been to the shops in my wife's '08 Suzuki Swift and I tried rocking the steering : she stayed really flat. I've noticed this issue on many cars in the game and I have to say it's not very simulator-like.

I'd like to see tires heat up a bit quicker and lose heat a bit less. Cannot for the life of me get any heat into the Bac Mono tires at Monza (have not tried other tracks)

I noticed this mostly on Le Mans 24HRS Circuit De la Sarth. Another thing I noticed which is not a big issue but would be more realistic is when you brake hard. The brakes do not heat up or glow orange like on Forza series.

The brakes do heat up... Check the telemetry. And they do get red at 1000 celsius or so, but it takes mare than just braking hard for a few turns. In Forza they got red after braking hard once or twice in almost every car. Now, THAT's unrealistic.

There's even an achievement for heating the brakes to 1000 celsius.

The brakes do heat up... Check the telemetry. And they do get red at 1000 celsius or so, but it takes mare than just braking hard for a few turns. In Forza they got red after braking hard once or twice in almost every car. Now, THAT's unrealistic.

There's even an achievement for heating the brakes to 1000 celsius.

Crikey I never saw my brakes go red so I guess I didn't take them to 1000 celsius. Thanks for pointing this out to me and saving my bacon for defending PCARS. I should edit my post.

EDIT Took my brakes to the limit and they were quite toasty @ 1913 Celsius the limit maybe a few more celsius if you try.

Last edited:
I'd like to see tires heat up a bit quicker and lose heat a bit less. Cannot for the life of me get any heat into the Bac Mono tires at Monza (have not tried other tracks)
Try lowering the tire pressures and closing the brake duct openings (if possible). Tire heat build up is partly a function of time spent cornering vs. time spent on straights and it's quite a bit different at Monza vs. most tracks. If you were racing the car in real life you'd probably use softer compound at Monza but that option is not in the game unfortunately.

For me:
  • Access to Settings from within a session
  • revamped Car/Track Selection
  • Proper Photo mode, even if i don't use it
  • USB Keyboard Support on consoles (must be possible since it can be used for text input on PS4)
  • Faster, but less aggressive (less divebombing) AI
  • Less clutter and better use of screen estate in the vehicle tuning menu
That'll be all for now :D

They need to have a kick threshold for players with bad connections. I'm tired of waiting a half hour to race Spa-Francorchamps and then getting punted into Luxembourg by Joe Schmo's lagging, stuttering car.

The game engine assumes you're getting hit at 4,000mph so if you go anywhere near them your race is over.

This may seem a bit arcade but o don't care: When you press restart in time trial it should start you off at the start of your fastest lap so you don't have to go through the hassle of out laps and heating tyres up again.

Also, ability to switch cars from within free practice or time trial.

When you blow your engine or have a terminal crash it should come up with a message saying you must retire, or options to retire or spectate the rest of the race.

Tracks should have descriptions saying things like "this is a undulating, bumpy and twisty track that requires a soft suspension set up and high downforce" or whatever may be the case...

Your pit manager could tell you more useful things like how your tyres are doing etc.

And finally, it would be really useful if the tuning screens told you stuff like: When adjusting down force what your new top speed and 0-60 time is; same for gear ratios; and number of laps you'll get out of the fuel load you're putting in.

1.Give some cars an actually driveable stock setup :D

2.Allow to use ballast and weight check for online drivers parity

3.Text chat while in rooms! I'm the only one that hates mic on?

4.Make a semplified wheel setting tab... Something like:

Overall stiffness 0-100%
Ffb strenght 0-100%
Track details strenght 0-100%
Deadzone 0-100%
And so on, what is that vxy values or scoop or whatever they throwed in without explanation?

This would make wheel setting very fast and easy.

I would like to see the car and circuit selection screens updated as selecting a livery, in particular, is a pain.

Add text-chat to the lobby screen. Not everybody likes using a mic or even likes hearing them. We also need a 'Mute All' option.

Let us complete the current lap in qualifying when the timer runs out. I have been denied 3 definite pole positions because the session ends. Damn infuriating when this happens then you caught up in a cataclysmic pile-up which damages your car and you have to complete a race while counter-steering throughout.

Last edited:
1.Give some cars an actually driveable stock setup :D

2.Allow to use ballast and weight check for online drivers parity

3.Text chat while in rooms! I'm the only one that hates mic on?

4.Make a semplified wheel setting tab... Something like:

Overall stiffness 0-100%
Ffb strenght 0-100%
Track details strenght 0-100%
Deadzone 0-100%
And so on, what is that vxy values or scoop or whatever they throwed in without explanation?

This would make wheel setting very fast and easy.
Most of the cars are very drivable in stock set up, imo. Notable exception is Lykan Hypersport, which is an utter pig!

Most of the cars are very drivable in stock set up, imo. Notable exception is Lykan Hypersport, which is an utter pig!

You have to be careful with the McClaren P1 as I found out last night. Has anyone else noticed how the weight balance seems to be uneven. And you can very easily spin the car is you hammer the throttle input in cornersI get the sense I can't push this car hard. Unlike the reviewers say they do feel in real life. It seems unstable in corners.

I was surprised how stable the Arial Atoms were to drive. They felt stable to drive with no oversteer and go exactly where you plant the wheels without a problem. I felt I could push the cars around corners without no tweaking the setup.

Last edited:
You have to be careful with the McClaren P1 as I found out last night. Has anyone else noticed how the weight balance seems to be uneven. And you can very easily spin the car is you hammer the throttle input in cornersI get the sense I can't push this car hard. Unlike the reviewers say they do feel in real life. It seems unstable in corners.

I was surprised how stable the Arial Atoms were to drive. They felt stable to drive with no oversteer and go exactly where you plant the wheels without a problem. I felt I could push the cars around corners without no tweaking the setup.
check out my tuning for the P1 in the pCARS tuning thread, I've stabilized it and sorted out the wobble under braking, see what you think.

Back