Project Cars - What needs tweaking and what do you want added?

This may seem a bit arcade but o don't care: When you press restart in time trial it should start you off at the start of your fastest lap so you don't have to go through the hassle of out laps and heating tyres up again.
The tires are already heated in a time trial when you start, at least they are for me.

I was surprised how stable the Arial Atoms were to drive. They felt stable to drive with no oversteer and go exactly where you plant the wheels without a problem. I felt I could push the cars around corners without no tweaking the setup.
No oversteer:odd:. My Atom S/C is hanging the tail out on command at entry or on exit, as needed. An absolute joy to drive and control.

The tires are already heated in a time trial when you start, at least they are for me.

No oversteer:odd:. My Atom S/C is hanging the tail out on command at entry or on exit, as needed. An absolute joy to drive and control.

It was more the bit about starting at the start of a flying lap that was the important point.

i really want (or even need) the game to show us the default values for all sliders in all options pages. i don't want to have to reset all settings just to see what the default values were. this is especially frustrating in the car tuning screens as i often forget what i've tweaked but don't want a full reset to show me. perhaps a different coloured number on the slider itself? or a button to 'show defaults'? this also goes back to my desire to see per page resets, that would go some way to make it easier as you could just jot down a few values then reset that single page.

but i'd also find it interesting to see my tweaks compared to the stock setups.

After playing for a while another thing I have came up with is the Motec display. This really should be added to the display of the hud so as to be accessible without being in cockpit view and/or without the steering wheel being shown. Currently we have no access to this when using bumper, hood, roof or chase views and even in cockpit view in many cars it is on the steering wheel so you loose it when you turn off the wheel.

The little digital display that shows as the hud in many cases would seem to work well to hold the Motec display and should be able to be shown in all modes.

Have an option to get rid of the race engineer dialog box that pops up during the race. Incredibly distracting, and doesn't offer helpful advice.

Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!

You can turn the pit engineer off in the options (under gameplay, I believe). Or do you mean you want to press a button to make the message go away faster?

You can turn the pit engineer off in the options (under gameplay, I believe). Or do you mean you want to press a button to make the message go away faster?
there's currently no way to disable subtitles but still hear the dialogue. probably what he means. it's a bit annoying as it stands.

I'm supporting each of this, specially point 3 since I usually use a Headset (and a wheel) when playing. So sound output trough DS4 is something I can not hear.

What headset are you using? Have you set it to 'output all audio' under 'adjust devices'? If your controller is turned off, it should automatically output all the sound to either you TV speakers or headset. I only use my headset and have all voice going through it.

-----------------

Even though, we need an option to hear the voices through the speakers rather than the controller (especially for controller users where it's always on).

Also, I really want 'second screen' support for consoles! This is my main gripe as many games use this type of function already, why not this one? A nice telemetry HUD would be welcomed for phones and tablets, even if it's something with basic functions.

I'd also like to be able to disable the intro movie, as posted already.

Another thing I'd like would be an option to set the tint on the helmet cam visor. Some days are really sunny and it's almost blinding.

Lastly, descriptions! We need more descriptions or at the very least and in-depth manual.

On consoles Id like extra controller support(regardless of whether Im using wheel or DS4) so I can make full use of options on the fly with the 2nd pad

Am I missing something - is the only place you can access the options (sound/controller etc...) from the main menu?
Seems a real pain trying to adjust controller settings for example if you have to completely exit the event you're in to get to them and then re-enter again to try out any changes you made - both time consuming and difficult to judge subtle changes due to the time and frustration between actual driving.
Need to be able to access these from within an event.

Ok here's a super easy one - on community events and leaderboards I would like to be able to see how many people have entered so I know roughly what percentile I'm in. Like, 500th out of 600, not so good, but 500th out of 5000 then I'd be chuffed! At the moment I have to spend ages scrolling down page at a time.

I have the voice turned off completely, I just want the dialog box to not appear at all when I'm driving. I will double check the gameplay options tonight 👍

EDIT: Worked a charm 👍

Last edited:
Less aggressive, dive bombing AI! God, it's annoying. :mad: Or improve AI's awareness/collision detection.

There are many positives, but I'm avoiding career mode until the AI's apex line recognition is improved. That is, anticipating other cars' racing lines. What is the problem? Is it because AI has this "simplified" physics model that is different to the player?

I have one very specific option that I'd like to see added - the ability to zero set 'Races entered' in Single Player. After having spent an entire week messing around in Quick Race Weekend with different settings (weather, car and track combination), I just realized that restarts count too. Who's brilliant idea was that, seriously?

My stats are therefore incredibly misleading and look absolutely ridiculous.

I'm serious about this. Excuse my slight OCD.

:lol:

Well ok :) If you like cars sticking their rears like a good dog behaving at your command :lol: and yeah so much fun to drive. The perfect car that is controllable.

Restarts counting is a pain - I guess it's there to make you think twice about restarting (you can't do that in real life), and I don't restart for that reason. However last night on race 2 of shifter karts at Glencairn I was starting in 11th place, when my kart was under AI control before the green on the rolling start it keep crashing me into the barrier and getting stuck so I restarted (and restarted 10 more times) until it finally bounced off instead of getting stuck. :grumpy:
End result - my stats show 13 races for karts in addition to that it seems to have added the full race distance to the track stats for each restart instead of the 10 meters or so I actually travelled each time - so now the track is showing as the track I've run the most miles on!

Restarts counting is a pain - I guess it's there to make you think twice about restarting (you can't do that in real life), and I don't restart for that reason. However last night on race 2 of shifter karts at Glencairn I was starting in 11th place, when my kart was under AI control before the green on the rolling start it keep crashing me into the barrier and getting stuck so I restarted (and restarted 10 more times) until it finally bounced off instead of getting stuck. :grumpy:
End result - my stats show 13 races for karts in addition to that it seems to have added the full race distance to the track stats for each restart instead of the 10 meters or so I actually travelled each time - so now the track is showing as the track I've run the most miles on!
Hmmm..there goes my strategy of using a restart to substitute for the lack of practice time:sly: in the kart events

Hmmm..there goes my strategy of using a restart to substitute for the lack of practice time:sly: in the kart events

Yeah I discovered this last night, my kart stats look terrible, like I've won a third of the races I've entered due to restarts lol. The worst thing is, most of the restarts were due to being rear-ended by AI in the first corner lol.

Only thing I think needs tweaking is the AI speeds in changing conditions, they seem able to go as quick in wet than in dry. It's fine once everyone is one wets but when it changes they don't struggle.

After playing for a while another thing I have came up with is the Motec display. This really should be added to the display of the hud so as to be accessible without being in cockpit view and/or without the steering wheel being shown. Currently we have no access to this when using bumper, hood, roof or chase views and even in cockpit view in many cars it is on the steering wheel so you loose it when you turn off the wheel.

The little digital display that shows as the hud in many cases would seem to work well to hold the Motec display and should be able to be shown in all modes.

That's a great idea!

👍

A few things:

- Force defaults setups online
- As someone said, tunning reset per tab
- A button to change to setup from fastest lap off the session
- Find online sessions with friends
- Kick players from online sessions without vote

I think it would be great if it was easier to select the strategy to apply during pit stop especially in multiplayer as you cannot pause.

On PC allowing to map the strategies to keys (keyboard, wheel, button box, etc) would fix it very efficiently.

With regards to strategies, the current screen is also unclear, we should be able to select between addi.g a quantity of fuel (add 25l) or reach a certain level (fill until the tank has 45l)... currently, I am not really sure what it does, it is very strange and using anything but the game default is very risky.

I think it would be great if it was easier to select the strategy to apply during pit stop especially in multiplayer as you cannot pause.

On PC allowing to map the strategies to keys (keyboard, wheel, button box, etc) would fix it very efficiently.

With regards to strategies, the current screen is also unclear, we should be able to select between addi.g a quantity of fuel (add 25l) or reach a certain level (fill until the tank has 45l)... currently, I am not really sure what it does, it is very strange and using anything but the game default is very risky.

Really? What does the selection screen look like for pit-in strategies. What kind of information is given to you and what questions are asked? I haven't experience this yet on PS4. I've only driven in quick race with 2 practice laps and qualifying heat then a 10 lap race. My car engine blew on the 9th Lap out of 10 that i was leading the hole 9 laps, I lost the whole race. So I haven't started career mode yet or experienced the PIT in. All I could do was either spectate other A.I drivers or sit in the PIT and stare at my wrecked P1.

Last edited:
When you refuel in a race what information does it give you. Once pit in does it ask you with selectable options for fuel amount?

Offline, there is no issue, you can go in the pit screen when you pit, it pauses the game and you can refill up to the level you want.
The issue is in multiplier as you cannot pause the game. You want the correct strategy to be loaded automatically or by pressing 1 button.

Regarding doing adjustments on the fly like in GT6, it is nearly impossible in pcars due to how you access pit stop data while on track.

Offline, there is no issue, you can go in the pit screen when you pit, it pauses the game and you can refill up to the level you want.
The issue is in multiplier as you cannot pause the game. You want the correct strategy to be loaded automatically or by pressing 1 button.

Regarding doing adjustments on the fly like in GT6, it is nearly impossible in pcars due to how you access pit stop data while on track.

Have you tried checking your in car fuel gauge? before and after pit in?

Last edited:
Penalty system for invalidated lap times. Only 1 wheel on the grass/gravel and your lap is already invalidated. Very annoying:banghead:.
Especially on a long track.
agree here! i stopped and turned off PS4 after that happened...just drives me crazy and yes tested it three time - front left or right only was enough to invalidate lap time...???? why???

agree here! i stopped and turned off PS4 after that happened...just drives me crazy and yes tested it three time - front left or right only was enough to invalidate lap time...???? why???

How about this. I was ahead by 9 laps in a single race at Dubai in a P1. 3 spins outs with some damage to the front of the car causing damage to aero was enough damage to eventually cause my engine to blow on the 9th lap of 10. The thing is I never pit in XD so I lost the whole race. Was my own fault Just because I pushed too hard into the corners with an unstable car. I think I'll have that P1 tune now. I love this games realism it makes you appreciate the car and take it in for maintenance which I didn't do. And yeah its so easy to invalidate lap times by leaving the track a little bit.

- I want the ability to create tournaments outside Career Mode, edit rules, tracks and AI names.

- Tune AI difficulty, like sliders were we can tune some aspects of the AI.

- And a scenario mode, like the one in F1 series.

A few things:

- Force defaults setups online
- As someone said, tunning reset per tab
- A button to change to setup from fastest lap off the session
- Find online sessions with friends
- Kick players from online sessions without vote

I agree with most of those but the third one is a bit out there and I would think that should not be a part of the game. I know I sure don't want to spend hours or even days tuning my car just so someone can steal my tune when I race online. It would be nice to be able to share tuning but it would not be cool if there was a way others could just grab your setup if you are faster than them.

I agree with most of those but the third one is a bit out there and I would think that should not be a part of the game. I know I sure don't want to spend hours or even days tuning my car just so someone can steal my tune when I race online. It would be nice to be able to share tuning but it would not be cool if there was a way others could just grab your setup if you are faster than them.

I did´t explain myself, not for online or other peoples setups.
Imagine you are in free practice, you get a good setup but you kepping messing arround trying to find a few more tenth, and you get o a point that you think "man, that setup was really good", hit "fastest lap setup" buton, done.
I don´t remember which one, but i´m shure i´ve played an old game with this...

I did´t explain myself, not for online or other peoples setups.
Imagine you are in free practice, you get a good setup but you kepping messing arround trying to find a few more tenth, and you get o a point that you think "man, that setup was really good", hit "fastest lap setup" buton, done.
I don´t remember which one, but i´m shure i´ve played an old game with this...
Ok.. That I would not have a problem with. I've not saw it in a game but it wouldn't hurt to have.

Back