Project Cars - What needs tweaking and what do you want added?

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by Johnnypenso, May 9, 2015.

1. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Now that the game is out and playable for most of us and we have a few hours under our belt, I think it's time for us to throw out some ideas on what we'd like to see added to or tweaked in Project Cars. Which are the most crucial gameplay, UI and other features you'd like to see altered or added? SMS have promised to support the game well into the future and once they get some of the inevitable bugs and glitches sorted out, they should be able to pay some attention to making some positive changes to the game as requested by the community. Post your thoughts and ideas here, and don't forget to add a "like" to features that are important to you. I'll try and add the most popular ideas to the OP so we can have some kind of list to reference.

Note: This is not a Whinging and Crying Thread, this is. This is also not a Bug and Glitches Thread, this is. It's also not a Car and Track Wishlist, but this is. Stay on topic please. Positive, constructive changes to the game only. Don't be beating anyone up because they have an issue that's high on your list and you think it's frivolous, save that for some other thread.

heymi79, UrBn18, Simfan David and 6 others like this.
  2. the_D_

the_D_

I'd like to see bluetooth keyboard support and second screen support for PS4
    By second screen, I mean the playstation app second screen function.

tbwhhs, VBR, Lapse and 9 others like this.
  3. Spooky Wooky

Spooky Wooky (Banned)

I's like to see a link between the track map and a tablet or laptop - Battlefield 4 has an add on the lets you view the whole map on a tablet/laptop in real time as you play on PS4.

Something like that with the individual drivers/flags etc would be fantastic.

Also... safetly cars

heymi79, ADIDAZ, Bluntified and 8 others like this.
  4. Cholton82

Cholton82

I'd like added the ability to return to your pit garage under the pit in options when entering the pits in practice and qualifying . Currently has to be done through the pause menu !

And full flag system :cheers:

heymi79, ADIDAZ, FLX1981 and 6 others like this.
  5. bleeder

bleeder

you didn't link my UI & Options thread! :(
    shall I post my thoughts here as well?

6. Rocky77

Rocky77

- Penalties for rammers in online.
    - Overall pit improvement, what Cholton82 already wrote 2 posts higher and pit crew animations.
    - Tutorial on all car customization options.

VBR, xeronima, Lapse and 5 others like this.
  7. Hillcrest34

Hillcrest34

Removal of the Duplicate buttons on thrustmaster rims allowing more things to be mapped in game

VBR and Finnstar like this.
  8. Volpi

Volpi

I'd also like an app for second screen. Either for the track, or mostly as a dashboard.

Camera angle adjustments would be nice to do while in the car, insted of exit all the way, to setup.

tbwhhs, VBR, xeronima and 4 others like this.
  9. bleeder

bleeder

I'll post my thoughts from the other day in this thread as well if I may:

1. seeing as this game has so many tweaks and options I don't understand why we can't access the main Options from within the Race Options. if I want to adjust my camera or FOV I have to leave the event, go back to main options, adjust, exit, load event again, and then possibly do it all over again if I'm not happy with the adjustments.
    I'd like to know if there are any technical reasons why Main Options can't accessed in the Event Options.

2. option to disable Stig subtitles

3. option to have Stig come through speakers and not pad

4. option to have full DS4 control as well as wheel, enabling faster menu navigation and more accurate controls during replays. I don't think it's even possible to pan the camera with the wheel.

5. Stig subtitles not on screen long enough to read.

6. cannot scroll down race listings with T300 wheel due to it not having an R button. cannot use pad at the same time so I'll never be able to scroll as it stands.

10. Spooky Wooky

Spooky Wooky (Banned)

Text chat box in the lobby, mainly so you can ask the host for more/less laps, different car etc.

Come on, even GT has this.

Also a stats website that logs and saves all your race details.

marco89IT, VBR, xeronima and 9 others like this.
  11. xX Jojje Xx

xX Jojje Xx

Friends leaderboards.

Bonio71, xeronima, Lapse and 12 others like this.
  12. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

wrong thread. ooops! :O

13. Magdelayna

Magdelayna

Id like to see fastest laps displayed after every career race - what the AI managed and a lap history of your own throughout the race.

VBR, Lapse, ADIDAZ and 6 others like this.
  14. bleeder

bleeder

after browsing calendar events, when you press back up to the main calendar screen the selected tile reverts to top left/earliest calendar date. be nice if it continued to highlight the date you just looked at. does that make any sense? lol

15. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Remove the unnecessary compulsory control on DS4 to allow other commands to be added.

An option to reply "Don't talk to me in corners!" to the Stig. I nearly went off at Paddock because of him. :grumpy:

xeronima, Lapse, Spliffyclyro and 8 others like this.
  16. alegunner68

alegunner68

He speaks through my speakers, i think there's an option in ps4 settings.

BobbyBRAKEaNek likes this.
  17. alegunner68

alegunner68

An out lap before race, but more importantly, an in lap after.

ADIDAZ, FLX1981, Dave Beerman and 4 others like this.
  18. bleeder

bleeder

do you have a wheel? I do and yes, he comes through the speakers, but if you have a pad and use headphones I don't think there's a way to get him through those, it's pad only unless you turn him off completely. or perhaps if you've turned down controller speaker from PS4 home menu it might do the trick

edit: just re read that properly. sounds like PS4 settings the way to go. some folk might not know this though, I found it playing GTAV and didn't want the phone calls coming from the pad

19. alegunner68

alegunner68

Aah i see. Yes i use a wheel

20. psychoazubi

psychoazubi

- More Stig (and option to disable the subtitles)
    - 24h Nürburgring and VLN layout
    - Timed races in Single Player and Online
    - An Option to stop real life while playing, I don't have enough time for both
    -Option to use Keyboard/DS4 as additional buttons (I currently use my 8-gear Thrustmaster shifter to adjust Brake balance/seat position etc)

21. Rendor

Rendor

-Best lap times after race online.
    -Ability to change car class in online lobby, not just before.
    -Ability to scroll through cars during replays to watch other racers rather than just yourself.
    -Ability to password protect PS4 lobbies to prevent having to invite.

22. Telstar

Telstar

Improve the AI and their racing line. There is always at least one corner where the line is way off and you can make up about half a second. And make them quicker overall.

23. GTP Red Pill

GTP Red Pill Premium

There needs to be an explanation in layman's terms for every option in the game.

[​IMG]

I-Runner, G219, tbwhhs and 24 others like this.
  24. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

- Make multiclass racing true multiclass, GT should be included with LMP1 and LMP2.
    - Possibility to chose time scaled races up to a full blown 24hrs (not max 250 laps).
    - Mid race save feature (during pitstops?)
    - Ability to find friends on leaderboard
    - Ability to change livery in quick car selection

25. ErnstJ

ErnstJ

Penalty system for invalidated lap times. Only 1 wheel on the grass/gravel and your lap is already invalidated. Very annoying:banghead:.
    Especially on a long track.

rocafella1978 and HammyMansell like this.
  26. DaveTheStalker

DaveTheStalker Premium

Blind spot indicator of some sort, perhaps like the real C7R has.
    image.jpg image.jpg

the_D_, McKiernan, xeronima and 4 others like this.
  27. super_gt

super_gt

Ability to change the tires width and not only of the four wheels simultaneously,but also independently between front and rear end.
    This is basic tuning option that every simulator should have.

28. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Don't racing series have fixed tire sizes?

Spitfire77, VBR, Tired Tyres and 3 others like this.
  29. blowfishrulez

blowfishrulez

iRacing has this down. The spotter really does his job and spots cars left and right of you. He also tells you when you are clear again.

30. AnfLaw

AnfLaw

Some kind of icon to show the connection strength of a player on track, the connection strength icon in the lobby is fine. But half a lap into the race and I've already forgotten the players with bad connections names.

The ability to see what kind of driver another player is while on track would be nice as well. Even setting the search to PRO only has turned up some awful mismatches in skill and attitude. It's all well and good knowing what handling model or assists they are using, but I'd rather know if I'm going to end up with 3 wheels on my wagon because they other guy thought we were playing destruction derby. Also the other side of that coin... I'd like whoever I'm racing to know they can try a move on me safe in the knowledge i won't stick them in the wall.

Maybe in the form of stickers on the car like GT3 use to state class? PRO, PRO AM etc - But something more visible at speed.