Project CARS | What version do you plan to get?

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 373 comments

What version do you plan to get?

• PC

Votes: 142 27.9%
  • PS4

Votes: 318 62.5%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 40 7.9%
  • Wii U

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
Thanks. But somehow I'm too dumb to print that out in white or silver with transparent background. :banghead: What am I doing wrong?

Sorry i should have explained myself, i sent the image off to a Vinyl sticker company and had them make them up for my.

I do apologise.

news about the performance of ps4 version or xboxone version? nowdays i'm getting to know how bad a game could be at the release date.. just look at the problems of ac unity etc. I have not seen any decent and long gameplay from Pcars for consoles.

I'll be getting the PS4 version, with a T300RS + The system itself after reviews come out, but I'm considering getting just the game itself on day 1, to show support to SMS for stepping-up and putting quality & community first, among many things (unlike a certain developer)

That and I really want P.CARS to succeed in the sim-world :D

I have a feeling that Project CARS will be another game that I end up buying for more than one port. I can see myself buying the PS4 version once I actually buy a PS4. I can afford one right now, but I just don't have the room for it.

PS4, as most people. This and THE CREW are the only games I have looked forward too on PS4. Besides GTAV of course. I have GTA and THE CREW so I just have to wait a few more months! Finally a proper racing sim on consoles.

Someone asked how many cars on track. Well GTR 2 supported 100 cars on track (Download the Cannonball Run track if you don't believe me), so this should support as many as possible on the circuit since GTR 2 was a 2004 PC game and this is a 2015 PC game ported to consoles

news about the performance of ps4 version or xboxone version? nowdays i'm getting to know how bad a game could be at the release date.. just look at the problems of ac unity etc. I have not seen any decent and long gameplay from Pcars for consoles.

Project CARS runs at 60FPS on PS4 with 60,000 polygons in a race, and probably 250,000 polygon in a menu or something like that. They say they aren't there yet for XBOX ONE

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08...box-one-cars-have-60000-polygons-on-consoles/

Last edited:
Someone asked how many cars on track. Well GTR 2 supported 100 cars on track (Download the Cannonball Run track if you don't believe me), so this should support as many as possible on the circuit since GTR 2 was a 2004 PC game and this is a 2015 PC game ported to consoles
You can't really compare cars on track then and now. The demands on the system are exponentially greater now with far, far greater car and environment details, not to mention the software juice required to keep everything acting like real cars and real environments should. Things were much simpler back in the day. I'd say 16 on small tracks is realistic, with numbers increasing as the tracks get bigger and the grids more spread out, but I wouldn't be surprised to see consoles limited to 32 or perhaps 33 at Indy. I guarantee you'll be disappointed if you think anything close to 100 is possible with this level of detail.

You can't really compare cars on track then and now. The demands on the system are exponentially greater now with far, far greater car and environment details, not to mention the software juice required to keep everything acting like real cars and real environments should. Things were much simpler back in the day. I'd say 16 on small tracks is realistic, with numbers increasing as the tracks get bigger and the grids more spread out, but I wouldn't be surprised to see consoles limited to 32 or perhaps 33 at Indy. I guarantee you'll be disappointed if you think anything close to 100 is possible with this level of detail.
Well obviously not 100 cars with how good it looks and 60K polygons a car, thats 6,000,000 total polygons I think? Could be 60 mil. I'd say a total maximum grid of maybe 64, depending on the track. Limited by space in the pit lane and on the grid itself

Gonna get the ps4 version on day 1 I think. Driveclub didn't look like my cup of tea but this looks just the ticket. Only thing left to decide is whether to go all in and get a thrustmaster.

Well obviously not 100 cars with how good it looks and 60K polygons a car, thats 6,000,000 total polygons I think? Could be 60 mil. I'd say a total maximum grid of maybe 64, depending on the track. Limited by space in the pit lane and on the grid itself
I want as many cars as the next guy but it's not that simple, there is so much more going on with the environment, the physics etc. I use DriveClub as an example. A gorgeous game, heights of realism never before achieved in a console game, or any racing game for that matter...but...they couldn't do it at 60fps. In order to fit all that whizbang visual stuff in, they had to cut back something. The PS4/XBone are mid-range at best pcs, far more powerful than a PS3, but far behind what is even a typical gaming pc these days.

I can say with near certainty that if you expect 64 cars on any track on any console, you're going to be disappointed.

I want as many cars as the next guy but it's not that simple, there is so much more going on with the environment, the physics etc. I use DriveClub as an example. A gorgeous game, heights of realism never before achieved in a console game, or any racing game for that matter...but...they couldn't do it at 60fps. In order to fit all that whizbang visual stuff in, they had to cut back something. The PS4/XBone are mid-range at best pcs, far more powerful than a PS3, but far behind what is even a typical gaming pc these days.

I can say with near certainty that if you expect 64 cars on any track on any console, you're going to be disappointed.
We'll see when it releases. As long as it is at least 12, I will be happy

We'll see when it releases. As long as it is at least 12, I will be happy
I think you'll be very happy then:lol:
From the XBone Blog on PCars website:
8581274_orig.png

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/project-cars-lines-up-on-xbox-one

I have a question that could fit in a number of threads but I'll put it here.

How much of a difference does it make to have Ultra graphics rather than High on a PC?
Are console (in my case PS4) users going to feel they're losing out or is it just a case of 'without a reference, you won't know and you'll be happy'? (assuming we compare what's comparable, i.e. 1080p)

How obvious is the difference in number of polygons? What other effects are switched off on High?

I have a question that could fit in a number of threads but I'll put it here.

How much of a difference does it make to have Ultra graphics rather than High on a PC?
Are console (in my case PS4) users going to feel they're losing out or is it just a case of 'without a reference, you won't know and you'll be happy'? (assuming we compare what's comparable, i.e. 1080p)

How obvious is the difference in number of polygons? What other effects are switched off on High?
Ask and ye shall receive:

The only things that stick out in this video, so far, are:
- the aerial on the right hand side of the car
- the drawing distance
- probably some better anti-aliasing visible at the top of the roof

Am I missing something else obvious?
Which tends to prove that I should be happy with the PS4 graphics...

You've got to take into consideration that the Youtube video will have been through some compression (however small it will be).

There isn't that huge differences. WarriusZero's observations are telling. However, remember that this is a compressed YouTube video - you do get more detailed textures, reflections and so on on the higher settings. Personally I play on medium to high settings on a 7970, and I'm happy (I reckon it's around the level that the PS4 will use). If I have to nudge a couple of things down for some tracks and races with many cars that doesn't bother me either. Of course if you're into good graphics, you'll most likely have a recent GPU and get a pretty good looking game (Hello to Johnnypenso and his 970 :P).

Edit: ninja'd by Warrius on the Youtube bit!

Last edited:
PS4 version. I would get the PC version because of the wheel support fiasco, but then again, I might wait until they come out with PS4 drivers for my Fanatec CSR. Bloodborne will be out and can keep me occupied.

There will be noticeable between the console and PC versions. Count on it. If not just in graphic detail, in framerate also.

There will be noticeable between the console and PC versions. Count on it. If not just in graphic detail, in framerate also.
Framerate on consoles will be capped at 60fps, PC will be unlimited, but it'll take some good hardware to run more than 60fps in all conditions with ultra settings on. 60fps is more than enough for high quality racing.

Framerate on consoles will be capped at 60fps, PC will be unlimited, but it'll take some good hardware to run more than 60fps in all conditions with ultra settings on. 60fps is more than enough for high quality racing.

Just because the framerate is capped at 60fps doesn't mean that it will be able to maintain 60fps which is an important note. I'm sure they're targeting 60fps and they may get it but its a matter how what trade-off's will need to be made to get there. Bottom line PC will look better and get a better framerates with a good high end PC as is the case with all PC vs. console versions.

Just because the framerate is capped at 60fps doesn't mean that it will be able to maintain 60fps which is an important note. I'm sure they're targeting 60fps and they may get it but its a matter how what trade-off's will need to be made to get there. Bottom line PC will look better and get a better framerates with a good high end PC as is the case with all PC vs. console versions.
Of course comprimises must be made, the consoles are nowhere near as powerful as even a good gaming PC these days, let alone something a little more high end. I really, really hope they get a solid 60fps with great graphics because I'd like that to become the standard for all future racing titles on console. A high end PC should look a little better, otherwise I wasted a lot of money:sly:

Of course comprimises must be made, the consoles are nowhere near as powerful as even a good gaming PC these days, let alone something a little more high end. I really, really hope they get a solid 60fps with great graphics because I'd like that to become the standard for all future racing titles on console. A high end PC should look a little better, otherwise I wasted a lot of money:sly:

I'll say this though, Project CARS on the PC is still a very good looking game with the details below max so I'm sure the consoles will look great. I have no issues with Project CARS graphically, its the best looking racing game available, however the FFB for wheel users is where its still lacking compared to others.

Lacking with regards to FFB? I've not read that anywhere else yet, subjective or fact? Please discuss, curious :)
If you peruse the various sim racing message boards, the issue does arise fairly consistently. Some of it I just dismiss as trolling, but some of it seems like a legitimate concern. Of course we'll never know for sure until the game is released and I'm confident it'll be worked out. FFB is also a very personal thing, and hardware dependent to some degree. Me and a friend bought PC's and started Assetto Corsa pretty much the same day. I loved the FFB and he said it was weak and lots of stuff missing. Me, G27, him, Fanatec. He gets a new T300 and boom, whole different game.

So pretty much all feedback you have to take with a grain of salt.

Very quick decision for me. PC! G27 works on there...! :)

.....................I loved the FFB and he said it was weak and lots of stuff missing. Me, G27, him, Fanatec. He gets a new T300 and boom, whole different game.

I think you might have just helped me make the decision to buy a T300 later this year. Then, with my PC, PS4, G27 and T300 I think I will be set for a few years to come.....:lol:

Back