Project CARS | What version do you plan to get?

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by RESHIRAM5, Mar 25, 2014.

?

What version do you plan to get?

1. PC

142 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. PS4

318 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Xbox One

40 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Wii U

7 vote(s)
    1.4%
  5. All of the above

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  1. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

I'd rather play with a gamepad than suffer through poor FFB, which is one reason I'm just as accustomed to playing that way, no matter how realistic the sim.

RESHIRAM5 likes this.
  2. jacnob

jacnob

PS4 because its all I have that I can play PCars on. I've still got to find a supported wheel though...

Fryto, denonfreak and Johnnypenso like this.
  3. y2blade

y2blade

Undecided

Either for my PS4 or I'll be buying an Xbox ONE for it will see what's what when it finally gets released.

4. mcilroy

mcilroy

PS4 too lazy for PC gaming

5. 2clicks

2clicks

My PC's not powerful enough to match the system requirements, so PS4 version for me.

denonfreak likes this.
  6. SynGamer

SynGamer

Hoping they release a demo for the PS4. Whether it's in-store or on PSN. Will be canceling my pre-order if I can't test the handling :(

7. FuriousDemon

FuriousDemon

Chances for a demo before release are about 0.001%. Might as well go ahead and cancel it now.

8. drag lab 101

drag lab 101

PS4 & counting the days till then!

denonfreak likes this.
  9. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Yes, it has come up several times about a demo and the answer is always the same. "It's too expensive and time consuming". Luckily thousands of people have early access and we can get their feedback. :cheers:

10. WarriusZero

WarriusZero

According to what we are reading on this forum, you won't take many risks by keeping your order without checking the handling by yourself beforehand...

11. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

If thou do cancel the pre order then why not use the shareplay feature of the PS4. You can play a friend's version for up to an hour. There might be a little lag and I think the resolution is a little lower but it's pretty good if you both have a good connection (upload speed needs to be good for the person with the original cooy. I played a version of Far Cry 4 the other day and it gave me a really decent feel for the game. I wonder if you'll feel the wheel force feedback through share play. It works with a DS4.

denonfreak likes this.
  12. ron24

ron24

well i was going ps4 but i just finished getting my last Clusbsport piece. csp v2, cpb v2 ,css sq us v1.5 ans cs bmw rim. and it looks like sony is not supporting fanatec any time soon so for the first time i've had enough of sony. i built a gaming pc.

13. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

Do you know if the game will support the Wii Wheel, I used that a lot in F1 2009.

14. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I'm getting it for PC. I built one last summer and I can't wait to get more games for it.

15. SynGamer

SynGamer

That's actually a great point. I'll need to confirm with my friends who is getting the game. All the gameplay videos in the world mean nothing if they're using a wheel on PC. Thanks for the suggestion!

JohnScoonsBeard and denonfreak like this.
  16. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

Actually, there's currently an opportunity to ask SMS about the Wii U version.

Since the game will be made to accomodate keyboard/button inputs, I suppose there's no reason it couldn't support the Wiimote or Wiimote+Nunchuck, and I'm sure SMS is experimenting with tilt/motion steering. The Wiimote wouldn't leave enough buttons for secondary/tertiary controls, though. Also, I wouldn't bet on support for the GameCube adapter.
    If it helps, there are gameplay videos with a controller around. :)

SynGamer likes this.
  17. denonfreak

denonfreak

''Since the game will be made to accomodate keyboard/button inputs, I suppose there's no reason it couldn't support the Wiimote or Wiimote+Nunchuck, and I'm sure SMS is experimenting with tilt/motion steering. The Wiimote wouldn't leave enough buttons for secondary/tertiary controls, though. Also, I wouldn't bet on support for the GameCube adapter.''

Great info..:cheers:

By the way, your profile pic reminds me of ''Thorn'' Max's dog from ''The Lost Boys''...:gtpflag:

index.jpg The-Lost-Boys-the-lost-boys-movie-449086_461_363.jpg :gtpflag:

Wolfe likes this.
  18. FerrariF1GT

FerrariF1GT Premium

PC. I'm not that much of a PC gamer, but I don't want the PC master race to be bugging me in the future.

19. denonfreak

denonfreak

tumblr_mh730rEZ701s3avvmo1_500.gif :odd::D

20. SynGamer

SynGamer

Not bad. Considering the video says he never uses a controller, that actually reassures me. Assuming there are enough settings to tweak the handling and how it feels on a controller, I don't think it should be an issue.

21. Gogga

Gogga

Anybody in Europe/America know the pre order price for the limited edition PS4 version. I’ve paid a deposit to secure my copy but the retailer does not have a final price. Here in South Africa the normal version can be pre ordered at an equivalent of $65.

22. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

At Game.co.uk, where I pre ordered the PS4 limited edition when first made available last year, the price for the Xbone Ltd Edition is £59.99 which is a bit over 1000 Rand (blimey the Rand has gone down in value). It's now showing the PS4 LE version as "sold out" but not the XB1 or PC versions.

Gogga and denonfreak like this.
  23. denonfreak

denonfreak

'' It's now showing the PS4 LE version as "sold out" but not the XB1 or PC versions.''

c9X6n.gif :D:gtpflag:

Gogga and JohnScoonsBeard like this.
  24. Gogga

Gogga

Thanks for having a look at the price for me. I've budgeted about R1000 for it so it should be fine. Yeah, the Rand just gets weaker and the fuel price gets higher. Looking forward to all the virtual miles in Project Cars!!

Unfortunately I doubt I can get a T300Rs as I've seen prices of just over R10 000 (not joking) for the wheel alone!

A T100 is more in my budget but I don't know about the 270 degrees.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  25. Soulfresh_ACV

Soulfresh_ACV

I had just cancelled my pre-order for the PS4 and will be getting the Steam version because I just upgraded my PC 's GPU to GTX970 which should guarantee 60fps and much better GFX quality than on PS4. Not to mention better support with third-party apps and possibility of mods, Oculus Rift VR, etc.

Do you guys think it's a wise move to switch from PS4 to PC version?

26. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

For me yes. On PS4 you have PCars and GT7 if it's ever released. On PC you have every sim ever made and the only thing missing is GT7. Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car, RFactor 2, Race Room Experience etc. If you love racing (as opposed to driving hundreds of cars, "earning" money, "building" a garage, customizing your look etc.) you will love PC sims.

JogoAsobi and Soulfresh_ACV like this.
  27. Soulfresh_ACV

Soulfresh_ACV

Assetto Corsa is the main reason as I'm waiting for the Dream Cars pack DLC and considering I'd invested on GTX970, might as well play PCars on my PC instead of PS4. AC is what BMW calls "sheer driving pleasure". GT6, no where near. Could only hope GT7 will address some of the issues fans on GT Planet had been hoping for so long.

JogoAsobi likes this.
  28. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

If I had the money, I'd get it on both PS4 and on a fresh new mega PC for different rooms. I'm hoping that once we all get the game none of us will have cause to regret our purchase/decisions. On the PS4/XB1/WiiU it will hopefully be the best driving/gaming experience ever on a console. On the PC well..... it may well be the same on that format too. It sounds too good to be true. Maybe no one can lose barring bug issues?

denonfreak likes this.
  29. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender

If your looking at me, yes. If you are a virtual racing nut the PC opens up a whole new world - Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Game Stock Car, RaceRoom Racing Experience, rFactor 2, the older sim titles, and more. I'm looking forward to a finished pCARS (WMD member) but it won't be my only racer - RaceRoom and Game Stock car are my two favorite, not slighting the others - different strokes for different folks, and I do like them all.

JogoAsobi and JohnScoonsBeard like this.
  30. FuriousDemon

FuriousDemon

Going to get Xbox one version, plus will get PC version for being a WMD member.