Project CARS | What version do you plan to get?

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 373 comments

What version do you plan to get?

• PC

Votes: 142 27.9%
  • PS4

Votes: 318 62.5%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 40 7.9%
  • Wii U

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
Yeah, but from what I've read I think I would prefer the T300. The base is supposedly better, even though it doesn't produce quite as much torque as the T500RS. It also should be cheaper, but doesn't come with 3-pedals and shifter, which is why I want to use the G27 ones with it.

The T500RS will work, but wouldn't have full functionality in menus. Which to me isn't really a problem, but if the T300 will have full compatibility then of course that's preferable.

Don't get the T300RS! No clutch No Buy! How would it be possible to use it with G27 pedal? that's impossible, I'm waiting for the official announcement from Thrustmaster that T300 can actually use with a t500 pedal instead, and the best option is that another wheel makers can get the job done!

Later edit....just saw details on below site, actually it works with T500 pedal
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/press/t300-rs-first-official-force-feedback-wheel-playstation-4

Last edited:
Don't get the T300RS! No clutch No Buy! How would it be possible to use it with G27 pedal? that's impossible, I'm waiting for the official announcement from Thrustmaster that T300 can actually use with a t500 pedal instead, and the best option is that another wheel makers can get the job done!

Later edit....just saw details on below site, actually it works with T500 pedal
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/press/t300-rs-first-official-force-feedback-wheel-playstation-4

There's an adapter to use G27 pedals with T500RS, so I assume it would probably work with the T300 as well. I don't want to buy a Thrustmaster 3-pedal set if I already have a perfectly good G27 one. There is also an adapter that makes the G27 work as a standalone unit and work with any wheel, but that might only work on PC. Even though the feel of the G27 shifter isn't great, I'd still prefer it over the T8RS because of all the extra buttons on it that I can map.

I wonder why people prefer the g27 pedals over the t500? The g27 look pretty much like plastic and the thrustmaster look metallish.

I use the fanatec v1 clubsport pedals and am happy with them. If the ps4 won't support my Fanatec stuff I'll build a pc for 600€ instead of buying a new compatible ps4 wheel for about the same price :/

So I have to pass gt7 but I won't give them. Suckers money for a new wheel each new console generation wtf.

I mean if fanatec likes their customers they better should program an driver for ps4! Can't be that impossible.

Last edited:
I wonder why people prefer the g27 pedals over the t500? The g27 look pretty much like plastic and the thrustmaster look metallish.

I use the fanatec v1 clubsport pedals and am happy with them. If the ps4 won't support my Fanatec stuff I'll build a pc for 600€ instead of buying a new compatible ps4 wheel for about the same price :/

So I have to pass gt7 but I won't give them. Suckers money for a new wheel each new console generation wtf.

I mean if fanatec likes their customers they better should program an driver for ps4! Can't be that impossible.

It's not that I prefer them. I just don't want to pay for new Thrustmaster ones. Also, G27 pedals are metal. Which is actually kind of a pain because I have to put on socks to play or else my feet get cold.

[EDIT]

I just looked at some pics of the T3PA, and they don't look as good as the G27 pedals. The pedal stalks on both the T500RS pedals and the T3PA look cheap. You said that the G27 pedals look more plastic but the pedal stalks are actual metal, whereas the T500RS and T3PA pedal stalks are plastic. The T500 pedal set just looks more metalish because it has a metal plate for where you rest your foot (or backing plate depending on how you orient them). I don't know which ones actually feel better, but the G27 pedals look like higher quality to me.

Last edited:
It's one thing for Logitech to not provide drivers to Sony for any of it's equipment, Sony should go to them and make it happen. It's another thing altogether for Thrustmaster to provide a new wheel for the PS4 and not drivers for it's other wheels. That would be a real slap in the face to existing customers. I can't see them doing that...but time will tell.

I can't be bothered to handle all the fiddling about that comes with getting a PC honestly.

Even if I could afford a decent gaming PC, I wouldn't get one either & for that very reason. Games consoles are pretty much plug n play, my kind of simples.

:dopey:

If I can't use my CSR Elite on the PS4, then I'll buy the PC version and have to update my ancient '06 PC.

Jerome

It's not that I prefer them. I just don't want to pay for new Thrustmaster ones. Also, G27 pedals are metal. Which is actually kind of a pain because I have to put on socks to play or else my feet get cold.

[EDIT]

I just looked at some pics of the T3PA, and they don't look as good as the G27 pedals. The pedal stalks on both the T500RS pedals and the T3PA look cheap. You said that the G27 pedals look more plastic but the pedal stalks are actual metal, whereas the T500RS and T3PA pedal stalks are plastic. The T500 pedal set just looks more metalish because it has a metal plate for where you rest your foot (or backing plate depending on how you orient them). I don't know which ones actually feel better, but the G27 pedals look like higher quality to me.
there is NO plastic on the T500rs pedals at all the only plastic is the cord ;)

Never ever will it work on consoled :D

I tried some hud apps on my smartphone with Assetto Corsa too but I realized that you can't really look at the hud when you are driving. Even if you put it directly under the TV. At least my experience.

Well, to say it would never work on a console may be a fallacy, as there are many different HUD software being developed for pCARS for tablets/phones on the PC, all SMS has to do is port some of them over to Smartglass (don't know if there is an alternative for the PS4).

Never ever will it work on consoled :D

I tried some hud apps on my smartphone with Assetto Corsa too but I realized that you can't really look at the hud when you are driving. Even if you put it directly under the TV. At least my experience.

I like to have a clean view on the TV (less info possible), rev shifter and gear at least its useful, telemetry and other stuff i agreed with you. If you put it in the right place it's like a car or race car.

I don't know the capabilities of new consoles and i'm not a dev, so i don't know if it is possible por not.

I would like to change my vote to PC instead of PS4, I've joined the dark side!

With the recent 'will they or won't they' wheel compatibility issue it wasn't a hard decision, decided that I'm not going to wait around to find out and took charge of my own destiny, no further console system purchases for me...

I would like to change my vote to PC instead of PS4, I've joined the dark side!

With the recent 'will they or won't they' wheel compatibility issue it wasn't a hard decision, decided that I'm not going to wait around to find out and took charge of my own destiny, no further console system purchases for me...
You won't look back mate.

You won't look back mate.

I feel that way already mate, I had to buy a laptop last week as my ancient desktop died. I did a little research and found out that it would run iRacing on low settings. I signed up to iRacing last Friday and I'm loving it!

I plan to get myself a proper gaming PC by Xmas so I can run iRacing on max settings and run AC & pCars....can't wait!

...I plan to get myself a proper gaming PC by Xmas so I can run iRacing on max settings and run AC & pCars....can't wait!
That sounds like a plan! Welcome to the next level of gaming freedom :)

Nothing wrong with consoles as such, but it is a closed eco-system for gaming, subject to mucho protectionism etc..

I may have to get myself a PS4 to play pCARS with friends who haven't got gaming PCs (provided that Logitech wheel support becomes a reality; we all have Logitech wheels), or if I feel there are PS4 must-haves (not very likely) - but I'd rather wish they came over to the dark side...

Last edited:
That sounds like a plan! Welcome to the next level of gaming freedom :)

Nothing wrong with consoles as such, but it is a closed eco-system for gaming, subject to mucho protectionism etc..

I may have to get myself a PS4 to play pCARS with friends who haven't got gaming PCs (provided that Logitech wheel support becomes a reality; we all have Logitech wheels), or if I feel there are PS4 must-haves (not very likely) - but I'd rather wish they came over to the dark side...
Lately the dark side has been looking a whole lot brighter for alot of people. I made the jump over a year and a half ago and couldn't be happier with the choice.

I have only a couple of real-life friends who I race with on the PS3 and they are not sure if they will be getting a PS4 because of the wheel situation and they have stated that they will not be getting a new wheel if their logitechs don't work. I'm just fed up with all the uncertainty and I'm not prepared to wait and hope that my current wheel will work with the PS4, and there is no way I'm buying a TM wheel just so I can play on a new console.

pCars was my only reason to get a PS4 anyway (the GT series is dead to me now, GT6 was the last straw), and now that I think of all the money I have spent on my rig, I feel it's being wasted on a console system.

I know that my friends will never swap to PC because they are mainly just casual console racers who also play other games, but even if at the 11th hour we find out that all wheels will work and my friends get a PS4 for pCars I will still give it a miss, it's time I thought about myself and my hobby, I love sim racing and its now time for me to take it up to the next level.

I can't stop day dreaming about all the peripherals I can use with the PC...dash displays, button boxes, seq shifters etc, I cant wait to dive in head first!

I have only a couple of real-life friends who I race with on the PS3 and they are not sure if they will be getting a PS4 because of the wheel situation and they have stated that they will not be getting a new wheel if their logitechs don't work. I'm just fed up with all the uncertainty and I'm not prepared to wait and hope that my current wheel will work with the PS4, and there is no way I'm buying a TM wheel just so I can play on a new console.

pCars was my only reason to get a PS4 anyway (the GT series is dead to me now, GT6 was the last straw), and now that I think of all the money I have spent on my rig, I feel it's being wasted on a console system.

I know that my friends will never swap to PC because they are mainly just casual console racers who also play other games, but even if at the 11th hour we find out that all wheels will work and my friends get a PS4 for pCars I will still give it a miss, it's time I thought about myself and my hobby, I love sim racing and its now time for me to take it up to the next level.

I can't stop day dreaming about all the peripherals I can use with the PC...dash displays, button boxes, seq shifters etc, I cant wait to dive in head first!
One of your first upgrades after getting a nice gaming PC should be to get Simvibe "kicking" with at least one shaker. For emersion its probably better than triple screens.

k3aixs.jpg

Then again, I say this as someone who's also uninterested in the new crop of Sony/Microsoft hardware. The Wii U has what I want in a console, with exclusive experiences that embody a virtuous "gameplay first" philosophy that is vanishing from today's multiplatform games and AAA graphical showcases. Meanwhile, even without investing in an expensive gaming PC, I have the means to play all of yesteryear's PC sims with my G25 -- when I get my desktop sorted, I intend to install RSRBR 2014 -- plus anything else that doesn't push the envelope on graphics (a low priority for me).

Project CARS will look and run better on the Wii U than it will on any PC in our house, and I've been playing console sims with a controller since the beginning so I'm not bothered by a lack of wheel support.

Back