Project CARS | What version do you plan to get?

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 373 comments

What version do you plan to get?

• PC

Votes: 142 27.9%
  • PS4

Votes: 318 62.5%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 40 7.9%
  • Wii U

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
Just bought a white PS4 main reason is because PCars and will pre-order it soon. Obviously there are other PS exclusives that helped justify the investment for the console. PC version? maybe in the future when GPU is cheap enough that could justify the gaming experience or Project Morpheus ceased development for PS4 and only can play via Oculus Rift.

However, that will be be very costly to play on PC as it will be like opening a can of worms and won't quite fit my entertainment budget.

I also forgot to mention how PC drivers are usually all clean and console drivers are usually dirty/kids/noobs. But I will say I don't like the 'new trend' of catering so much to those just getting into sim-racing. Just look at all the crap wheels Thrustmaster has for sale; just a couple good ones 👎 PC or bust imo.

Jerome

I also forgot to mention how PC drivers are usually all clean and console drivers are usually dirty/kids/noobs. But I will say I don't like the 'new trend' of catering so much to those just getting into sim-racing. Just look at all the crap wheels Thrustmaster has for sale; just a couple good ones 👎 PC or bust imo.

Jerome

That is a joke, right?

Jerome
wut

Jerome
Ummmmm, yeah ok.:confused:

Jerome
That is a joke, right?

Ummmmm, yeah ok.:confused:

… and only Germans know how to drive? Is that right Jerome? [SARCASM] :lol:

At the moment, my budget won't allow me to do much of anything other than dream of playing P.CARS

But once I can afford it again (had the money, then I bought a house :D), I plan to get PS4 + P.CARS + TM T300 (fits my needs/budget plan best) + PlaySeat (maybe, may also build something cheaper, lol).

That's my 'big' next-generation plan for gaming in a nutshell, GT/PD isn't doing much to keep my attention lately, but a little bit of digging/research on P.CARS and what it's offering for racing fans = me being all :drool: for it.

Get a PC if you plan mostly playing racing sims ;) I wont miss Assetto Corsa.

P.CARS is more or less the 'main course', with 'sides' of Infamous: Second Son & many other next-gen games.

A PC is in the 'when I win the lottery' bucket-list, so its a option, but with how much freetime I find on average, combined with what I'm looking for (easy entertainment), a PS4 is the go-to system for me in the future. 👍

I just read up on the T300RS and saw the ISR review and I must say it sounds really promising and tempting to just play PCars on the PS4 and not worry about my PC overheating or whatever else may happen. Now I'm on the fence as to whether I should sell my eKretz modded CSR Elite wheel (and air pump) and buy a T300RS, or buy a super nice video card to play PCars on the PC. The cost is roughly the same...I guess the T300 would allow me to play GT7.

Jerome

I just read up on the T300RS and saw the ISR review and I must say it sounds really promising and tempting to just play PCars on the PS4 and not worry about my PC overheating or whatever else may happen. Now I'm on the fence as to whether I should sell my eKretz modded CSR Elite wheel (and air pump) and buy a T300RS, or buy a super nice video card to play PCars on the PC. The cost is roughly the same...I guess the T300 would allow me to play GT7.

Jerome
I made the purchase on PS4 just last week for the same thing. But then I have a T500 RS so i do not need a new wheel which save me some money for Project Morpheus VR headset when it comes out late next year. God knows it might even coincide with GT7 to push the device sales. Just hope that it wouldn't cost as much as a console or a wheel otherwise it would be a failure.

Having said that, I do have intentions to update my PC GPU just have decided when and which GPU.

I wish I can vote more but I will be getting the PC and PS4 verizon. PC for everything and the PS4 to play with my best friend.

Was going to get the PS4 version, but the highly unlikely chance of support for the G25 means it'll probably end up being the PC version. A shame, really, as it would have be nice to have the PS4 version up and running on the big TV with surround sound, something not practical with my gaming PC upstairs.

Was going to get the PS4 version, but the highly unlikely chance of support for the G25 means it'll probably end up being the PC version. A shame, really, as it would have be nice to have the PS4 version up and running on the big TV with surround sound, something not practical with my gaming PC upstairs.
A good set of headphones helps the immersion!

I am getting pCars. On ps4 but where do I pre-order pCars limited edition? I'm in US. Any thoughts or idea, please help. Thank you

Can't chose between Xbox One or PS4...I have both machines, so will wait until digital foundry tells me which is the better version. I'm assuming it's PS4, but who knows ?

Can't chose between Xbox One or PS4...I have both machines, so will wait until digital foundry tells me which is the better version. I'm assuming it's PS4, but who knows ?
Why don't you get the one your friends are on. I bet they will be very close to each other.

I've just pre-ordered the PS4 version and plan to see how it goes. If I really love it as much as I believe I might atm, then next year I'll get a PC without the Windows added cost, that runs Linux and Steam and get the Steam version. But it will also depend on what the online racing is like with other real racers. And just keep my fingers crossed for more point to point tracks like Azure Coast and California Coast roads.

It's not that I prefer them. I just don't want to pay for new Thrustmaster ones. Also, G27 pedals are metal. Which is actually kind of a pain because I have to put on socks to play or else my feet get cold.

[EDIT]

I just looked at some pics of the T3PA, and they don't look as good as the G27 pedals. The pedal stalks on both the T500RS pedals and the T3PA look cheap. You said that the G27 pedals look more plastic but the pedal stalks are actual metal, whereas the T500RS and T3PA pedal stalks are plastic. The T500 pedal set just looks more metalish because it has a metal plate for where you rest your foot (or backing plate depending on how you orient them). I don't know which ones actually feel better, but the G27 pedals look like higher quality to me.

I don't know if anyone else has corrected this, but you are mistaken about the T500RS pedals. There is no plastic at all, the whole lot is metal apart from some plastic safety covers at the bottom of the pedal stalks to protect little fingers and the wiring insulation.

I've preordered the Xbox One version because that's where most of my friends are at. I'll probably pick up on PC as well at some point, because it will look/play better.

Last edited:
It's a reasonable machine if you can't build one, but you'll surprised at how easy they are to build now. All of the plugs only fit one way, as do the PCBs. Just take your time, and have some patience. If, however, you'd like to buy a machine, it's not a bad machine for medium-high settings at 40-50fps. Please bear in mind that this is based on current build performance, more enhancements are to come, as well as AMD drivers.

EDIT: Try this one instead, just £50 but more power: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/deskt...+Monitors+>+Desktop+PCs+>+Gaming+PCs~10023466

Back