Project CARS | What version do you plan to get?

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 373 comments

What version do you plan to get?

• PC

Votes: 142 27.9%
  • PS4

Votes: 318 62.5%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 40 7.9%
  • Wii U

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • All of the above

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
One of your first upgrades after getting a nice gaming PC should be to get Simvibe "kicking" with at least one shaker. For emersion its probably better than triple screens.

I was thinking to get a buttkicker. So I checked the Simvibe website and am not sure wich product you mean? And how much will that cost me? A Buttkicker is "only" $149 what is ok and the limit for me. Also you can use that with everything like PS4, Home Cinema and so on. How is it with that Simvibe thing?

EDIT: Ok looks like that is only some software? And an pretty expensive one?

EDIT2: Nevermind, looks like that is getting damn expensive.

I was thinking to get a buttkicker. So I checked the Simvibe website and am not sure wich product you mean? And how much will that cost me? A Buttkicker is "only" $149 what is ok and the limit for me. Also you can use that with everything like PS4, Home Cinema and so on. How is it with that Simvibe thing?

EDIT: Ok looks like that is only some software? And an pretty expensive one?

EDIT2: Nevermind, looks like that is getting damn expensive.
It isn't exactly cheap, but is worth every penny once you go from sound to simvibe. I was reluctant also because of the price for just some software and didn't buy it for about 8 months. One day said hell with it had the money and could of kicked myself for not doing it sooner. I guess if you haven't used it with sound yet your not really gonna know how much better it is than sound. Some say its like going from stereo to 5.1, I thinks its more like TV speakers to a pro built home theater difference, but we all have different taste. One person here even thinks it might be more emersive than his motion. :eek: I can see what he means by that, its that good.

There's rumors of the Wii U version not coming to Australia...
There's a rumour of Elvis being alive too - I heard he lives in Drammen, Norway, just like Jim Morrison and the others :D

Sorry Minority, need to use some humour as a defense mechanism these days... :) You're quite correct in emphasizing the rumour aspect of it.

There's just too much rumours and speculation, with the inevitable flood of tantrums following each and every one, and one gets a bit weary of it... (not talking about my fellow GTP'ers here!)

There are no plans to drop Australia. AFAIK the hysteria started with one web shop not listing it. Of course, the fact that numerous others do list it counts for naught to all the spoilt and brainless brats out there who are now preaching doomsday and condemning everything and everybody to hell. Here are a couple of examples:

https://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-203330-Project-Cars-Placeholder-Price-Wii-U
http://www.ozgameshop.com/wii-u-games/project-cars-wii-u-game

Last edited:
One of your first upgrades after getting a nice gaming PC should be to get Simvibe "kicking" with at least one shaker. For emersion its probably better than triple screens.

I have seen a few reviews and vids of Simvibe and it looks amazing, definitely on my wish list! I love how you can have a shaker on all four corners of your rig to simulate each wheel...bet it would feel fantastic on Richard Burns Rally!

@Wolfe I'm reluctant to get another console now, I'm not really a 'gamer' as such, I used my PS3 nearly exclusively for sim racing, I dabbled in a bit of TW Golf and FIFA to play online with my friends but that's as far as it went.

Now that I've tasted a proper sim on the PC there's no way I can go back, I'm going to try all of them! Lol

I'm downloading a free Race Room Experience/Race 07/GTR Evolution bundle from Steam as I speak, if it runs ok in my laptop I'll be adding DTM Experience too!

There's a rumour of Elvis being alive too - I heard he lives in Drammen, Norway, just like Jim Morrison and the others :D

Sorry Minority, need to use some humour as a defense mechanism these days... :) You're quite correct in emphasizing the rumour aspect of it.

Good guy DrJustice

I have seen a few reviews and vids of Simvibe and it looks amazing, definitely on my wish list! I love how you can have a shaker on all four corners of your rig to simulate each wheel...bet it would feel fantastic on Richard Burns Rally!

@Wolfe I'm reluctant to get another console now, I'm not really a 'gamer' as such, I used my PS3 nearly exclusively for sim racing, I dabbled in a bit of TW Golf and FIFA to play online with my friends but that's as far as it went.

Now that I've tasted a proper sim on the PC there's no way I can go back, I'm going to try all of them! Lol

I'm downloading a free Race Room Experience/Race 07/GTR Evolution bundle from Steam as I speak, if it runs ok in my laptop I'll be adding DTM Experience too!
Don't forget Game Stock Car Extreme, and I assume you have Assetto Corsa - don't get much better than these.
I also really enjoy DTM.

@PIP_36 -- I didn't mean to advocate for others to buy consoles. Just pointing out how PC gaming doesn't have to be a "switch" that entails an investment in hardware, and adding my $0.02 on this exodus from Playstation/Xbox to PC gaming. 👍

As someone who simply doesn't like the direction the gaming industry has been going on Playstation/Xbox, I find discussions like this interesting to see.

It isn't exactly cheap, but is worth every penny once you go from sound to simvibe. I was reluctant also because of the price for just some software and didn't buy it for about 8 months. One day said hell with it had the money and could of kicked myself for not doing it sooner. I guess if you haven't used it with sound yet your not really gonna know how much better it is than sound. Some say its like going from stereo to 5.1, I thinks its more like TV speakers to a pro built home theater difference, but we all have different taste. One person here even thinks it might be more emersive than his motion. :eek: I can see what he means by that, its that good.

Just ordered some Alu Profiles and will build something like the PIEZ Rig (called in Germany). It costs me already 250€ so when time passes I will check this SimVibe thing. But as I understand, you need a 2nd sound card, an extra amplifier (I guess my Onkyo TX-NR 616 won´t work?) and then 4 buttkickers. Do you also need an amplifier for each buttkicker? Or just 1 enough for all 4? I think that 4 of these Bass Pump lii will do the job too? Because that is way cheaper than 4 Buttkickers.

A new PC that likes my G27 wheel I already own, is close to the same price as a PS4 with a new wheel.
GOODBYE GT, HELLO PC.
Project cars is looking better than any GT game ever did.
The car line up is much more impressive already.
PC version of Project cars still likes my Logitech G27.

Just ordered some Alu Profiles and will build something like the PIEZ Rig (called in Germany). It costs me already 250€ so when time passes I will check this SimVibe thing. But as I understand, you need a 2nd sound card, an extra amplifier (I guess my Onkyo TX-NR 616 won´t work?) and then 4 buttkickers. Do you also need an amplifier for each buttkicker? Or just 1 enough for all 4? I think that 4 of these Bass Pump lii will do the job too? Because that is way cheaper than 4 Buttkickers.

Go SimVibe or don't bother.

These work very well - two in this kit: http://www.amazon.com/Aura-AST-2B-4-Bass-Shaker-Pair/dp/B009ZEAWVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406852787&sr=8-1&keywords=aura pro Note, some shakers introduce noise to their vibration/rumble which can be annoying. These Aura AST Pro's are noted to be one of the quietest transducers.

You need an input channel for each bass shaker on your amplifier, your receiver would have a left and right input channel (2). Don't confuse an audio receiver/amp output sound decoding (5.1 etc.), that isn't input channels.

I am driving 2 Aura Pro's (4 ohm) with a Dayton APA150 150W power amplifier (4 or 8 ohm), plenty of power/shake, enough to startle at times. I would need another amp to run 4 transducers. Make sure your amp can drive your transducers (many are 4 ohm)
http://www.parts-express.com/dayton...F_Products_Exact&utm_group=300-812_E_G100-200

Ok, back on topic.

Last edited:
I'm going to pre-order it now on PC to get the bonus stuff. It's sad that the PS4 won't support older wheels, so as a result, they get less sales on what gives them higher profit margins; games. Basically my PS4 is now just for CoD and a couple other exclusives. It's reasons like this that I'm a cynical-realist.

Jerome

Don't forget Game Stock Car Extreme, and I assume you have Assetto Corsa - don't get much better than these.
I also really enjoy DTM.

Have now got myself R3E and DTM Experience, they play OK on very low settings my laptop but I was starting to worry about the stress these games may cause on my laptop, especially when I'm on iRacing for hours on end...

So I decided to pull the trigger on a proper PC and ordered one today!

• InWin GT1 Black gaming case
  • AMD FX-8350 Eight core CPU
  • Asus M5A99X Evo R2
  • 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Beast Dual-DDR3
  • 3GB AMD R9 280X
  • 1TB WD Caviar Black, Sata 6 GB/S, 64MB cache
Going to be surviving on bread and water for the next couple of months but I think it's worth it!
Hopefully should be with me in about ten days, then will start looking for another two screens to go triple...good times ahead!

Have now got myself R3E and DTM Experience, they play OK on very low settings my laptop but I was starting to worry about the stress these games may cause on my laptop, especially when I'm on iRacing for hours on end...

So I decided to pull the trigger on a proper PC and ordered one today!

• InWin GT1 Black gaming case
  • AMD FX-8350 Eight core CPU
  • Asus M5A99X Evo R2
  • 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Beast Dual-DDR3
  • 3GB AMD R9 280X
  • 1TB WD Caviar Black, Sata 6 GB/S, 64MB cache
Going to be surviving on bread and water for the next couple of months but I think it's worth it!
Hopefully should be with me in about ten days, then will start looking for another two screens to go triple...good times ahead!
That shouldn't be a problem, you won't have much time to eat between all of the racing sim choices you now have :cheers:

A no brainer, PC for sure. I know that all of my wheels work just fine on my PC. I don't need to buy any new hardware for the PC version and I do not have a PS4 nor XB1 and my wheels may not work on either of them.

On top of that my PC is stronger than either console so it should play the game really well.

I'm getting Project CARS for Xbox One since I already own Forza 5 and the Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia wheel which is beast. However, looking at the pole, looks like not many people will play this on the Xbox One. Is anyone else going to get this game for the Xbox One along with that wheel? I don't want to feel lonely :nervous:

I'm getting Project CARS for Xbox One since I already own Forza 5 and the Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia wheel which is beast. However, looking at the pole, looks like not many people will play this on the Xbox One. Is anyone else going to get this game for the Xbox One along with that wheel? I don't want to feel lonely :nervous:
I know many people that will be getting pCARS for X1. Also I know many hardcore Forza guys that will be moving also. Our league will be transitioning from Forza to pCARS in November. You have to remember you are in GTplantet.

As @HEF51 mentioned, the fast majority of GT Planet members are Sony console gamers, that has been changing a little over time, Xbox and PC gamers are not the majority here. One example, Game Stock Car Extreme, especially with the recently released 1.20 version, has been getting rave reviews and a lot of thread activity on other forums but just one or two blurbs here.
With that said, don't get me wrong, I am not slamming GT Planet as I think it is a great resource.

I voted PS4 3 months ago but now, PC for sure. I will build me one in November. In the ubisoft store (with a trick, using Ukrainian or Polish Proxy) you can get AAA+++ games for 2-5 Euros at the moment (Sale). Impossible on PS4. I just bought Anno 1404, Anno2070, Settlers 7, South Park the stick of truth, Company of heros 2, fallout 3, Tomb Raider survival edition, Splinter Cell blacklist and Rome Total War II. 9 Top games for about 38€.

Last edited:
I am! :D

I want to get PS4 version, I just hope they give us the LE version. Been following this for over 2 years now, can't wait :)

Most likely going to get the PC version, not sure if I'm going for the Limited Edition or the Standard Edition, I just find it sad that it's not available on Steam.

I was planning on getting the PS4 version. However, what with the disgusting way that Sony is handling the wheel compatibility situation, & my own financial issues, I'm not planning on getting any version at all now.

:(

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance if this has been discussed already, but is there a reason why I can't seem to find anywhere to pre-order the PC version in North America? The retailers Project Cars lists on their site are only selling the PS4 and Xbox versions..

Xb1 for me.I've also been following these threads since Ian Bell made that proposition years ago.sadly no wheel for me! As of now been enjoying F5 since release. will be pre ordering PC when gamestop offers LE.... ps anyone know of any x1 video??? Links???

Xb1 for me.I've also been following these threads since Ian Bell made that proposition years ago.sadly no wheel for me! As of now been enjoying F5 since release. will be pre ordering PC when gamestop offers LE.... ps anyone know of any x1 video??? Links???

Haven't seen any X1 footage yet. Per the WMD Twitter feed there should be something in the near future for us.

https://twitter.com/WMDCars/status/505031546664144897

Also, if any of you X1 guys are looking for a league/community to join feel free to message me. We have a very active FM5 league that will be migrating to PC upon release. Races are run on Sunday evenings at 8 PM EDT.

Haven't seen any X1 footage yet. Per the WMD Twitter feed there should be something in the near future for us.

https://twitter.com/WMDCars/status/505031546664144897

Also, if any of you X1 guys are looking for a league/community to join feel free to message me. We have a very active FM5 league that will be migrating to PC upon release. Races are run on Sunday evenings at 8 PM EDT.
http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Just realized we wont see the XB1 demo'd for another month :(

Last edited:
Back