Project Scorpio Becomes Xbox One X, Releases November 7 at $499XBOne 

I've just watched the whole E3 Xbox stream, and I am very impressed! Spoiler alert: Forza Motorsport 7 features dynamic weather (and a dynamic day/night cycle, I think.)! :)

PlayStation will have to impress me too (including you Polyphony!), and I hope they will.

Haven't heard anything about Freesync / adaptive sync and HDMI 2.1

They were never going to talk about those during the presentation, unless there was some b-roll footage like last year. Those features, as a whole, would totally go over most people's heads.

They were never going to talk about those during the presentation, unless there was some b-roll footage like last year. Those features, as a whole, would totally go over most people's heads.

Okay, so I've looked through the official page and it mentions HDMI 2.0b out and AMD Freesync.

Would be great for more 4K (HDR) TVs to adopt Freesync via HDMI. Maybe even undercut NVIDIA G-sync, which will be miraculous.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-x

Yeah if the Pound goes down the drain it could end up being £1000 :lol: £449 is a bit of a joke though tbh.

At least they've dropped the nonsense about it being a new console generation. Also being pretty modest on how it compares to PS4 Pro. They're saying 40% more powerful. It's probably more than 40% but still not nearly as big of a difference as the fanboys hoped.

Disc based backwards compatibility with 360 games and now original Xbox! :eek:... and a UHD player, everything Sony didn't do with the Pro.
Wait, I forgot but will it also works with the current XB1, right?

If so then...
hqdefault.jpg

Hell I have a gaming PC (not all that powerful though) and I still prefer the ease of gaming with consoles...

Same here. PC is a huge hassle. I'm so glad it isn't the only thing I have. I like it for what I use it for, but I feel really bad for the people who only have PC and have no idea what they're missing on console in terms of exclusives. Especially PS4 exclusives. They'll probably get PCSX4 someday though.

Disc based backwards compatibility with 360 games and now original Xbox! :eek:... and a UHD player, everything Sony didn't do with the Pro.

Unlike Xbox 360, PS3 wasn't X86 architecture like Xbox One and PS4 are. Not to mention, Ps3's architecture was notorious difficult to program for, and unique to anything around at the time. It was brutal for some just to create ports of games on that architecture. Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to getting a PS3 emulator even running? Let alone at acceptable framerates. Why do you think there's no PS3 emulators on PC that work? Emulator's by their very nature are inefficient. PS4 is only about 8 times more powerful than PS3

PS3 backwards compatibility will never happen on PS4, probably not even on PS5.

And Sony doesn't need to bother because not only are they way in the lead right now but they also have plenty of exclusives for people to play. Plus they'd probably charge unfair prices for PS3 games anyways and barely release any. Just like they have with the PS2 games on PS4

Last edited:
Same here. PC is a huge hassle. I'm so glad it isn't the only thing I have. I like it for what I use it for, but I feel really bad for the people who only have PC and have no idea what they're missing on console in terms of exclusives. Especially PS4 exclusives. They'll probably get PCSX4 someday though.
I mainly like it since I can do mods (usually becomes a pain in the rear and not worth it) but other than that, if a game comes out for PC and consoles that I have no interest in modding, I'd prefer the console version.

Unlike Xbox 360, PS3 wasn't X86 architecture like Xbox One and PS4 are. Not to mention, Ps3's architecture was notorious difficult to program for, and unique to anything around at the time. It was brutal for some just to create ports of games on that architecture. Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to getting a PS3 emulator even running? Let alone at acceptable framerates. Why do you think there's no PS3 emulators on PC that work? Emulator's by their very nature are inefficient. PS4 is only about 8 times more powerful than PS3

PS3 backwards compatibility will never happen on PS4, probably not even on PS5.

And Sony doesn't need to bother because not only are they way in the lead right now but they also have plenty of exclusives for people to play. Plus they'd probably charge unfair prices for PS3 games anyways and barely release any. Just like they have with the PS2 games on PS4

The Xbox 360 wasn't X86, it was PowerPC, the same as the PS3 and the PS2. It's just Sony used a complicated custom chip whereas MS used an Intel server derived design.

It is totally possible to emulate the system because later in the PS3's life the dev tools made it extremely easy to port 360 games over as well as use mainstream coding, all the development difficulties with the PS3 were only in the first few years yet the myth stuck.

I was with PlayStation since I started gaming, I have a reasonable amount of PS games and a busted PS3. Buying Sony's latest console would have been a no brainier but Sony didn't feel that keeping my loyalty was important so with no BC whatsoever I have no reason to not go somewhere else.

They may well have a healthy lead this generation but they haven't listened to thier core fans anywhere near as much as MS has.

So for the price of 2.5 Xbox one s's you can get one Xbox one x... Sony's response "$399"
And Microsoft's response would be "more powerful, half the size, free backwards compatibility for all generations of Xbox, 4k disc player, etc"

If price is the only thing that matters, why the hell would you buy the PS4 Pro for nearly twice the price of a PS4 Slim with so little difference in performance?

Exactly, there's a large number of people who dont even own computers anymore and just want to stick a disc in and play a game.
I think that I might fall into that category. Maybe I'm getting too old or just want change but sometimes I just want to play on consoles without dealing with my PC builds.

Back