Projet Cars 2 audience

• Thread starter NaRP
  • 36 comments
Well it is the official forum so it's supposed to be cluttered. But you're right on the money wrt to GTP working beautifully on a phone :)

OFC if people don't just carelessly post away (because probabilities say a there is almost sure to exist already)... :D

For me AC is good for hotlapping, but the actual racing is meh. I think dynamic nature of things in PC2 place it over the more or less sterile experience of AC. I've played AC in many of its "beta" stages and still haven't found it overly compelling versus even Raceroom. Just comparing one to the other, I like Raceroom a touch better than AC in most every aspect.

I'm not anti-modding by any means, but for a game to rely on mods for a large portion of its content, particularly tracks, is a highly questionable business model.

But I will say Sim Racing System has me thinking of possibly reinstalling AC.

I have a fascination with the AC business model and will eagerly follow the extent that the modding community influences the future of AC. I was a massive participant in the MS Flight Simulator Title for 2 decades and it is 🤬 amazing to me how the FS modding community has literally kept the title alive for the last 15 years when it should have been nothing more than a footnote on some tombstone in the far corner of a graveyard. (I guess Halloween is on my mind tonight.....:lol:.) I suspect that AC will be around for many years to come, regardless if Kunos stays around or not.........:bowdown:

I have a fascination with the AC business model and will eagerly follow the extent that the modding community influences the future of AC. I was a massive participant in the MS Flight Simulator Title for 2 decades and it is 🤬 amazing to me how the FS modding community has literally kept the title alive for the last 15 years when it should have been nothing more than a footnote on some tombstone in the far corner of a graveyard. (I guess Halloween is on my mind tonight.....:lol:.) I suspect that AC will be around for many years to come, regardless if Kunos stays around or not.........:bowdown:
No doubt there. It'll be around and there will still be people playing it in spite of the fact newer games have already overtaken it, just like all of the old racing sims. People are blinded by their first love. It is in the nature of us.
I mean, people are still playing GTA Vice City instead of GTA V because...who knows.

Assetto Corsa's usage is all the proof needed that http://www.simracingsystem.com is brilliant. If Project CARS 2 had similar organization, the user base would skyrocket.

They've basically taken the iRacing model and made it for Assetto Corsa.

It needs to be stated that Assetto Corsa is nearly 3 YEARS old at this point and has a larger daily user base than a newer, better game in the same genre. What does that tell you?

All SMS would have to do is serve races which start on the hour, every hour. People would join them, even if that particular car/track combination wasn't their favorite because it would be an easy avenue for racing. If they'd build it, the masses would come. Instead, we get grids of 4 or 5 doing all sorts of different things. It's silly. The fix for this is so blatantly obvious.

Exactly this. This is the reason I've been playing GTsport so much since it came out even though I would rather be playing PC2.
The fact I can go online any time of any day and get a full grid of relatively well matched racers is brilliant.
PC2 needs to copy it, I don't even care if they just rip it off completely. It works and it works well.

Exactly this. This is the reason I've been playing GTsport so much since it came out even though I would rather be playing PC2.
The fact I can go online any time of any day and get a full grid of relatively well matched racers is brilliant.
PC2 needs to copy it, I don't even care if they just rip it off completely. It works and it works well.
Defo, This needs to be implemented into PCars 2 as soon as possible.

Also the reason I picked GTS up over PC2.

I’ve been out of the racing game scene since PS3 days and GT was what I played. I love being able to jump on line and find full races immediately. Unfortunately the physics just seem too arcadey.

Replays of PC2 look so much more lifelike. GTS almost looks cartoonish to me.

Back