proper setup for Spoon Civic Type R..,

i might not have the time to test this thing tonight, maybe tomorrow.., but thanks a lot anyway..,

1:30 ?? you serious?? i couldn't get anywhere near 1:35 .., i even had TCS set to 2.., man, i need a lot of practice..,

hmm, i can't remember requesting R3 tires.., but once i checked the old posts, yeah, i did.., :D :lol: i tend to forget some things quickly, sorry for that..,

again, thanks for the setup.., :)

Well the average lap time was around 1'40 but I only did 2 laps in it. If you want sports tyres now just drop the power probably back to stock and whack on S3s.

I'm going to try tuning this shortly. R3s, stg2 or full power.

Sound good? First I have to do my other FWD and help "The Artist" (Good luck figuring that one out.) out with a car.

Just for fun, try out my setup with similar power and tires.💡

your setup is good too.., maybe i'll put yours on Set B and N4HS's on Set C.., yes, that would be a good idea..,

Well the average lap time was around 1'40 but I only did 2 laps in it. If you want sports tyres now just drop the power probably back to stock and whack on S3s.

S3s?? i have tried that before, and i did not like it..,

(hmm, i just noticed, i happened to be spending more time in the forums than the game it supports.., :D:P:lol:)

your setup is good too.., maybe i'll put yours on Set B and N4HS's on Set C.., yes, that would be a good idea..,

S3s?? i have tried that before, and i did not like it..,

(hmm, i just noticed, i happened to be spending more time in the forums than the game it supports.., :D:P:lol:)

Remember though, when you have out 2 settings in different sets, some parts can't be taken off like Port Polish and Engine Balancing and Leo's tune doesn't have them so you'll have to give 'em both similar power and R3 tyres.

I notice a lot of setups here are using extremely soft bound rates, which makes good sense in all other forms of tuning, but in FWD's it seems that front-end stability is the key to balance - am I the only one going with relatively stiff front bound values? S3's are the softest tires I tune FWD's for though, so it's possible that on R3's they work just fine with soft bound.

Granted it's light, but I've (and I'm sure others have) safely run much stiffer damper bound settings, when paired with appropriately soft springrates, on much lighter cars.

When you say lighter......... This car is FF and a slight upset for this particular one means wheelspin and understeer. It's just safer to run softer shocky settings I think.

When you say lighter......... This car is FF and a slight upset for this particular one means wheelspin and understeer. It's just safer to run softer shocky settings I think.

i experience that all the time.., you miscalculate your turn-in, you get nothing but understeer.., so yeah, i like softer springs because i use weight shifting..,

It wasn't really weight shifting I was talking about persay but just the ability to absorb bumps a little better.

Edit: =drifting24/7= when you try my setup of the Spoon Civic after trying the front camber of 3.0, see how 2.0 feels as well.

It wasn't really weight shifting I was talking about persay but just the ability to absorb bumps a little better.

Edit: =drifting24/7= when you try my setup of the Spoon Civic after trying the front camber of 3.0, see how 2.0 feels as well.

okay, if i will have the time to get online again later.., because i don't have with me a piece of paper to write down your setup.., :dunce:

okay, here is the long-awaited review for N4HS' setup:

i got nervous, because this is the first time that i am really going to drive my Spoon Civic with NO driving aids.., so here i go.., there was hardly any wheelspin on the lower gears, and if there is, you just need throttle control to overcome it.., that little amount of wheelspin helps the Spoon Civic clear hairpins with ease as it makes the car slide when at gear 2.., one thing i really noticed is that the car feels heavy.., i thought maybe it is because of the suspension setup.., so i used my own suspension setup guideline and found it better..,

GOOD 👍:excellent work with the LSD and Tranny, you widened the 2 lower gears to eliminate wheelspin and tuned the LSD to eliminate it even further.., i was really impressed by how you tuned them..,
BAD:tdown:: i don't favor the suspension setup.., the car feels heavy, IMO it is not suited for courses that have tight corners like Citta 'di Aria.., because the car does not become stable after changing directions..,

overall nice work.., 👍

thank you very much for the setup.., you have now my praise :bowdown:

Good glad you liked it- if it did feel heavy I may have subconciously tuned it that way because it's so light. It suited my driving style, the suspension, but if you can combine the best of 2 and make something that works for you then cudos, cudos 👍

I think N4HS is right, it's the way he tuned it. He's used to overweight but high-powered cars. :P

well, everyone has their own taste buds, right?? :) i happen to like lightweight cars that have less power.., just like Smallhorses: less power=more fun :D:tup:

but yes, i was really impressed by how he manage to remove as much wheelspin as he can on the Spoon Civic..,

The gearing mainly, tyres didn't help overly much with making the car stop spinning, so I tuned the gears to the absolute limits of trying to stop wheelspin. Plus the LSD helps with the front wheel drivers as well, so the LSD was stopping a little bit of that eagerness to spin.

yes, the gearings did it.., i did notice that the value for the 1st and 2nd gears were at the left-most of the adjustment settings..,

hey, i just went back to my beloved Spoon Civic, and guess what i did?? i used N4HS' setup, but this time with S3!! yes, a Spoon Civic, with NA Stage 2 and S3's , yes (i maybe a bit crazy :dopey:).., it was challenging at first, if you want to learn throttle control, this is the perfect car for learning it.., i had no problem with the downhill esses of Citta 'di Aria, as i only used 5/8 of the throttle.., i also softened the suspension settings a little, i think its cornering improved.., it was now able to soak up the bumps on the road.., the only noticeable thing is the increased wheelspin, due to the reduced grip of the tires.., it was fun to drive it.., :D:tup:

and my regular civic is now pulling 2'12's.. I think I might need to bump up the power a bit, or tinker with the gearbox to get into 2'11's.. currently it's sitting on 227bhp. and dear god does this shopping trolley handle well.. :lol:

and my regular civic is now pulling 2'12's.. I think I might need to bump up the power a bit, or tinker with the gearbox to get into 2'11's.. currently it's sitting on 227bhp. and dear god does this shopping trolley handle well.. :lol:

it wouldn't hurt to increase the power a bit, would it now?? :)

also, where did you test your Civic?? on Citta 'di Aria??

nope, GVS as usual. I know the track like my pockets and know what kind of behaviour expect and where.. although, Citta Di Aria wouldn't be too bad for a test spin.

phew.. I've created a setup for a roadgoing, standard Civic EK '97.. it needed 242bhp and 210nm to beat/match the Spoon, but I finally got it right. :crazy: 2'11.xxx on GVS and I consider it to be easier to drive fast than the Spoon. it also gave me a new insight to the meaning of an LSD in FF tuning.. the car will be seen soon, either in here or MFT.. ( probably in MFT, this thread requested Spoon and I've already delivered that one..)

phew.. I've created a setup for a roadgoing, standard Civic EK '97.. it needed 242bhp and 210nm to beat/match the Spoon, but I finally got it right. :crazy: 2'11.xxx on GVS and I consider it to be easier to drive fast than the Spoon. it also gave me a new insight to the meaning of an LSD in FF tuning.. the car will be seen soon, either in here or MFT.. ( probably in MFT, this thread requested Spoon and I've already delivered that one..)

nice, i'll be looking forward to it..,

see what i mean?? that is the real purpose of this thread, why i asked for a setup on a pro-level car.., you can really learn a lot if you try to tune an FF, why?? because other drivetrains are way easier to drive and man-handle, they only need a few tweaks to get them up and running.., but an FF needs TLC (Tender Loving Care) and a lot of time to "tune it to perfection".., because IMO a FF is so sensitive to even minute changes in its setup.., that is why i also said that i will "worship" the guy who gives me that "proper setup" i was asking for :D.., i bet you had a hard time tuning either the Spoon or the standard EK9..,

so, you're going to release it on MFT, eh?? i'll anticipate it.., but first, i have to try out N4HS' Tigra.., :D

okay!! maybe tomorrow i'm gonna post my own setup here, so that everyone would come to appreciate Type R's.., i'ts still experimental though, i haven't touched my PS2 for about a week or so.., just anticipate it.., :) Type R rules!!

Back