proper setup for Spoon Civic Type R..,

okay!! maybe tomorrow i'm gonna post my own setup here, so that everyone would come to appreciate Type R's.., i'ts still experimental though, i haven't touched my PS2 for about a week or so.., just anticipate it.., :) Type R rules!!

Once I get time I shall likely drive it just to see if that "heaviness" is gone.

finally, here is my setup..,

Spoon Civic Type R
(266 hp)(144 ft/lb)

Parts to buy:

NA Stage 2
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
FC Transmission
TR Clutch
RC Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
S3 Tires (default)
Oil Change

Parts Settings:

Brakes
4 / 9

Suspension
Spring Rate : 9.5 / 9.0
Ride Height : 100 / 110
Shock Bound : 3 / 4
Shock Rebound : 6 / 7
Camber : 2.5 / 1.3
Toe : -1 / -2
Stabilizer : 2 / 4

Transmission:

first set to default, max out final drive, set autoset then each gear ratio:

Autoset : 1
1st : 3.889
2nd : 2.882
3rd : 2.320
4th : 1.911
5th : 1.622
6th : 1.407
Final : 4.000

*thanks to nd 4 holden spd for the tranny trick.., :)

LSD
Initial : 20
Accel : 55
Decel : 10

Ballast
Weight : 40
F/R Balance : -15

Driving Aids
all 0 / off

NOTE: this is still an experimental setup.., i know it can be still made better, but for now have fun with this setup.., :)

No worries mate, I'll get right on that for you..........well, not right now- it's late at night- as soon as I can :sly:

PS- Psst, D24/7, you forgot to put in the part in tranny trick where you max the final drive. The explaination should go something like: Transmission trick, first reset default, then max out final drive, then set auto to 1. From there modify final ratio and then each individual gear.

Edit: THE REVIEW*cue evil music, mwuhahahaha*
I switched the ol' GT4 on now anyway, when the thought occured that I may not even get to play it tomorrow anyway. First I will start by saying that this car seems very well thought out- it's clear right from the parts bought down to every little settings applied you've put a lot of time and effort into this machine. I'm impressed to say the least with your dedication. Now, first I honour your not buying the RC Exhaust, it doesn't need any more power and it actually sounds like a car now :dopey: The brake balance is well suited and gives the car fairly adequate turn-in. The gearing has had everything possible done to stop wheelspin, and while it will never stop in this car, thanks to gearing and a very well thought out weight balance (not too much weight, and a good- slightly forward positioning without going so far as to cause understeer) wheelspin is quite controllable. The suspension works, as does the diff to help the car pull up and get around corners and get going again without too many issues (for a Spoon Civic anyway :sly: ) Your tune has helped propel the car to under 2'10 at GVS, I achieved a time of 2'09.341 after just a few laps. The car still has some nose push at high speed sweepers especially, but also at some low speed exit corners. I don't know if that can be rectified but it's worth a shot. I think the front camber can also afford to be reduced to 2.0 or less even- as low as 1.6 probably. This will help those front tyres to claw and grip at the road and help pull the car around corners while obtaining better all round traction. It's an FF after all.

No worries mate, I'll get right on that for you..........well, not right now- it's late at night- as soon as I can :sly:

PS- Psst, D24/7, you forgot to put in the part in tranny trick where you max the final drive. The explaination should go something like: Transmission trick, first reset default, then max out final drive, then set auto to 1. From there modify final ratio and then each individual gear.

oh yeah, i forgot about that.., sorry, my bad..,

Edit: THE REVIEW*cue evil music, mwuhahahaha*
I switched the ol' GT4 on now anyway, when the thought occured that I may not even get to play it tomorrow anyway. First I will start by saying that this car seems very well thought out- it's clear right from the parts bought down to every little settings applied you've put a lot of time and effort into this machine. I'm impressed to say the least with your dedication. Now, first I honour your not buying the RC Exhaust, it doesn't need any more power and it actually sounds like a car now :dopey: The brake balance is well suited and gives the car fairly adequate turn-in. The gearing has had everything possible done to stop wheelspin, and while it will never stop in this car, thanks to gearing and a very well thought out weight balance (not too much weight, and a good- slightly forward positioning without going so far as to cause understeer) wheelspin is quite controllable. The suspension works, as does the diff to help the car pull up and get around corners and get going again without too many issues (for a Spoon Civic anyway :sly: ) Your tune has helped propel the car to under 2'10 at GVS, I achieved a time of 2'09.341 after just a few laps. The car still has some nose push at high speed sweepers especially, but also at some low speed exit corners. I don't know if that can be rectified but it's worth a shot. I think the front camber can also afford to be reduced to 2.0 or less even- as low as 1.6 probably. This will help those front tyres to claw and grip at the road and help pull the car around corners while obtaining better all round traction. It's an FF after all.

thank you very much for the nice review.., now, i will explain why i put in weight balance: i had to adjust it such that the Spoon's front end will push down on the road while not increasing the understeer anymore and so not to affect the car's acceleration, just like what you said.., i tested it on Citta 'di Aria (as usual), and as i was testing it i had to determine how much weight the ballast has to have, and in where i should place it.., after a few T&E (Trial & Error) adjustments, i think i finally got it right - simply put, the ballast now simulates another person sitting in the passenger's seat :sly::D

i'm still having problems with the suspension though, i'll take your advice..,

want to know how long i have been tuning and perfecting this car?? 2 months.., and i won't stop there.., :D:)

so, what about it?? is the car good?? or bad?? on a scale of 10, how would you rate it??

I could tell that was what you did with the ballast, very smart. I normally don't rate cars, but just this once, for an FF car, I shall give it a 7/10
Yes I'm a harsh son of a :sly:
The tune is really good, if it was just the tune I'd give say a 9/10, but that Spoon Civic will always have issues, you've certainly done your best to rectify those issues. If Touge Tuners gets off the ground I'm not waiting 3 months a piece for each car. :lol:

I could tell that was what you did with the ballast, very smart. I normally don't rate cars, but just this once, for an FF car, I shall give it a 7/10
Yes I'm a harsh son of a :sly:
The tune is really good, if it was just the tune I'd give say a 9/10, but that Spoon Civic will always have issues, you've certainly done your best to rectify those issues.

you really are a harsh son of a 🤬 :lol:
thanks a lot anyway..,

If Touge Tuners gets off the ground I'm not waiting 3 months a piece for each car. :lol:

duh, why would i do that on all of my cars? :dopey: this is a special one.., i take my time when i tune cars that are hard to tune.., :)

hmm, maybe i'll just turn Touge Tuners into a division instead.., i too, am beggining to like again cars with circuit-race setups.., if you get what i mean. :sly:

Yes I do get what you mean, you want to drive my Holden Monaro :sly:
Or one of Aussie Tuner's other cars, did you get that Tigra yet?

PS- No you don't owe me, so don't worry.

yes, i do owe you one.., i haven't tested your Tigra yet, because of exams and loads of school work.., well since my hardship has just ended a moment ago, i'll give your Tigra a shot.., 👍

(also thinks about improving the Spoon Civic..,)

Don't over-do yourself :sly:
I'm pretty sure you don't owe me, I got a decent Spoon Civic out of all this.

next step: no transmission trick. i have set up the tranny a while ago, i don't think it's good enough though.., back to the drawing board!! :D

thank you very much.., so, how'd it go?? was the car "different" from when it was in stock??

I know im replying after almost 4 years -.-

Yes, it was very good back then. Know im just waiting for gt5 and hope you give some tunes for civic spoon type-r.

Back