proper setup for Spoon Civic Type R..,

Skygrasper550

Back and forth between gaming and Gunpla
Premium
Philippines
Philippines
skygrasper_550--
hey guys.., can i request for a proper setup for the Spoon Civic Type R? i am a huge fan of Honda's Type Rs, and the Spoon Civic is my favorite.., i want a setup that improves the handling, in a sense that its handling is not of an FF car, but close to an FR car.., thanks for the guy who gives it, i will worship you :bowdown:

Worship eh? I don't know if the FR part is possible, but I will give it a shot. Someone who knows more about the FFs may be better suited to do this than I.

In a recent tuning contest I tuned the EP '01 Civic Type R. It was actually a common response for testers to say "this thing handles like a 4wd."
Although that's not FR, I think that's as close as you will get with any FF. That said, I've never tuned the Spoon Civic and so it would take some time to get it right. However, for about the same price you can build the car I entered in the contest. Believe it or not, you might like it more since I promise that it will handle closer to what you are looking for than the stock Spoon car.

In any case, if you are intersted feel free to let me know! :cheers:

Yes yes yes, if you like Typre Rs then you have to try Kent's Civic, just be sure to get the right settings. I however don't see why you can't have both, would you like Sport or Race tyres on this Spoon? Race tyres mean I won't go higher than R3.;)

Yes yes yes, if you like Typre Rs then you have to try Kent's Civic, just be sure to get the right settings. I however don't see why you can't have both, would you like Sport or Race tyres on this Spoon? Race tyres mean I won't go higher than R3.;)

i like Race Tires, since it gives better cornering than Sports Tires..,

In a recent tuning contest I tuned the EP '01 Civic Type R. It was actually a common response for testers to say "this thing handles like a 4wd."
Although that's not FR, I think that's as close as you will get with any FF. That said, I've never tuned the Spoon Civic and so it would take some time to get it right. However, for about the same price you can build the car I entered in the contest. Believe it or not, you might like it more since I promise that it will handle closer to what you are looking for than the stock Spoon car.

In any case, if you are intersted feel free to let me know! :cheers:

an EP?? i dont like the EP very much because it looks fat, compared to the EK.., but, what the heck, i'll give it a shot.., Type R Rules!!!

I'll get back on it tonight, with R3 Tyres and max power.

Edit: Well I'm certainly no expert on tuning the FFs, and this setup is still underdone, it needs someone who knows more about FFs than I do to look at the spring rate (left standard at the moment) and toe and generally fine tune anything I've done wrong so far. It seems better than default now at least.

Parts to buy:
RC Exhaust
Brakes
brake balance controller
NA Tuning stage 3
Port polish heads
engine balancing
FC Suspension (not original tuner hall suspension)
FC Gearbox
Triple clutch
FC flywheel
FC LSD
Racing medium tyres
Oil change

Settings:

brake balance: 5/3

Suspension:
Spring rates: 16.0/14.4
Ride height: 85/90
Damper (bound): 3/4
Damper (rebound): 6/8
Camber: 2.5/1.0
Toe: 0/0
Stabiliser: 2/4

Gear ratios (the one thing I'm sure is right): First set auto, then set each individual ratio
Auto: 15
1st: 3.511
2nd: 2.402
3rd: 1.850
4th: 1.474
5th: 1.203
6th: 0.998
Final: 4.650

LSD:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration: 60
Decleration: 20

As driven- all driving aids at 0, unless owner wants them on, up to him.

Cue someone who knows how to finish this car

Greedy greedy RJ, hey guess what- you'll never believe. GT4 is dying off because people can't get tunes anymore :sly: I'm kidding, if =drifting24/7= doesn't want to do a review I'll do one for him and request the help. Only if he doesn't want to, =drifting24/7= it's up to you, you may learn something if you do it yourself but seeing as I can't finish the setup I'm more than willing to help you out. Just tell me soon as possible what you want to do.

Greedy greedy RJ, hey guess what- you'll never believe. GT4 is dying off because people can't get tunes anymore :sly: I'm kidding, if =drifting24/7= doesn't want to do a review I'll do one for him and request the help. Only if he doesn't want to, =drifting24/7= it's up to you, you may learn something if you do it yourself but seeing as I can't finish the setup I'm more than willing to help you out. Just tell me soon as possible what you want to do.

do not worry, i will work on it soon.., although it may take me some time because i have to start GT4 "AGAIN" from scratch.., (yes, AGAIN because i play GT4 at a computer shop in the past, and someone overwrote my file..,)
it may take me about a week or so to get me a Spoon EK..,

No.

Back when I wasn't a power-hungry, review-hungry SOB, I didn't get any reviews whatsoever. Or requests for that matter.

Maybe the garage was ment to be a flop...:lol:...did you repost those settings in RRV??? *hint hint* should work on them a bit first.

I wasn't even involved here at GTP when you had that, I started getting involved just as RRV opened up.

Maybe the garage was ment to be a flop...:lol:...did you repost those settings in RRV??? *hint hint* should work on them a bit first.

Yes, the best of them were reposted.

The RX-7 got a workover just prior to RRV's opening, the 787 carried over, the Legacy carried over, the Silvia carried over...

The place was a horrible flop and I had no way at all of getting business. I had to resort to getting my RX-7 reviewed by Leo. :lol:

nd 4 holden spn, sorry if i cannot follow the setup you gave.., i am still low on cash in GT4 and i just want a moderate tune up (you know, the setup in a touge race, because my Spoon Civic has only 1 use: to race in Citta 'di Aria and other tight courses..,)

i only managed to buy the ff:

Semi-Racing Suspension
NA Tune Up Stage 2
Racing Flywheel
Triple plate clutch
R3 Tires
Engine Balancing
Racing Muffler
Full-Racing Transmission
Brakes

i only wanted the top speed to reach 220-240 kph.., i just need help with the suspension settings.., do i need to buy LSD??

thanks a lot for the help.., :)

That's alright if you didn't use my setup, I'm only starting to learn more about FFs now having recently tuned (not published.........yet) a Pontiac Vibe- surpisingly good. Can this Civic get a wing? I never checked and a wing can really help FF hadling characteristics.

Edit: Because of the wheelspin this car has, short ratios may not be an option unless you constantly want to battle it.

help with front aero and glue the front down and the wheels will almost stop spinning with aid of the LSD. i think the 1.5 should be suffeicent

is the Spoon EK supposed to vibrate vigorously?? i tuned the suspension: made the springs stiffer, the shocks absorbers softer, raised the ride height, i use driving aids.., ASM - oversteer 8/ understeer 4 , TCS - 3.., still, my controller would not stop vibrating. is that supposed to happen??

It happens with all FF cars that I drive (no driving aids). Some AWD cars too.

yeah, i did notice that too.., i tuned a red Civic SiR-II EG, it wont stop vibrating too, just like its Spoon brother.., guess i just have to bear with it, anything for Type Rs !!! :)👍

okay.., nd 4 holden spd, i finally got the Spoon Civic up and running, except that i did not use maximum horsepower, and that i only used you suspension setup as a guide.., only problem is, the time loss during shifting up gears is very evident.., is there a way on how to remove, or if not possible, reduce the time loss??

I'll see what I can come up with. I did tinker around with it at one point, but sold it since it was not as good as I hoped.

I don't know if the transmission trick would do that or not, but unless you don't have all the drivetrain options it's as good as it will get- do you know what the tranmission trick is?

Edit: Psyche, me and Leo got same post time.

Back