PS3 General Discussion

tha_con
Most likely we'll see very little CGI with PS3 because it will be able to render something extremely similar in real time, so the need to spend money on good looking CGI would be useless, though it may still make appearances, I doubt it.
Agreed. Only a handful of big budget games like a Final Fantasy would bother with CGIs now, given the sheer power of the PS3.

You guy's did notice the Vision Gran Turismo Trailer right? Starts out with a GT4 trailer and leads into "complete reality".

IMO, I was right, the GT4 intro was next gen renders for the GT5 engine. Watch and see, then compare to GT4 intro.

Me>You.

Yeah but I noticed no production cars racing? :(

Maybe stricltly racing now? No production cars to race?

Solid Lifters
Vision Gran Turismo has 16 cars on the track!

Awesome! 👍

Stuff like this comes out right when I come home to my 56k.... :grumpy:

Whoa another video just popped up when I refreshed it!

I'm most amazed by the pits, I was thinking wow it improved and you can see multiple cars getting pitted. But then.. when I saw the infeild. My ****ing jaw dropped completely.

Damn.

Vison GT is stunning!!!

The pits with other people walking around.

I think the PS3 is going to come out on top.

I'm most amazed by the pits, I was thinking wow it improved and you can see multiple cars getting pitted. But then.. when I saw the infeild. My ****ing jaw dropped completely.

While I was impressed, I've expected it all along.

I've been telling everyone since the GT4 intro was released that it was running the GT5 engine for the intro.

Go pop it in. Watch it. And you'll see.

There is no doubt in my mind at all. The entire intro was the GT5 engine.

True. Also a GT5 forum or even a speculation forum for my thread of the GT5 trailer. But I did mention you tha_con that you found it. ;)

Vision GT sounds like an updated version of GT4 with all the goodies we wanted but just couldn't have.

Sounds fine with me!! :D:tup:

I forgot about that legal problem. :dunce: That's why. But they could have done better with redesigning it.

Giancarlo
Vision GT sounds like an updated version of GT4 with all the goodies we wanted but just couldn't have.

Sounds fine with me!! :D:tup:
Yup, no complains here. :D

And Viper Zero, bad bad word. How come it was not censored?

Well, I sure hope PD gets the AI in order. We have 15 other cars to deal with, plus 5 more in the rally races. Yeah, they had better get it in order!

I was really impressed with Rock Stars western themed game. I have no idea what it is, but I'm buying it. The layout of the land and town was breathtaking.

Killzone looked unbelievable!

XBox 360 is dead before it even came out.

Solid Lifters
Well, I sure hope PD gets the AI in order. We have 15 other cars to deal with, plus 5 more in the rally races. Yeah, they had better get it in order!

I was really impressed with Rock Stars western themed game. I have no idea what it is, but I'm buying it. The layout of the land and town was breathtaking.

Killzone looked unbelievable!

XBox 360 is dead before it even came out.
PD really has to get the AI in good order if we're gonna have to deal with 15 of them!

And R*'s western game looks simply breathtaking! It's certainly going to be one to watch!

Killzone was absolutely breathtaking. It reminded me of the Call Of Duty commercial where there was a battle scene in CGI, except here, this is what it will look like ingame!

I wouldn't count X-Box 360 out yet; they still have the upperhand in multiplayer, unless Sony has something up their sleeve.

Solid Lifters
I was really impressed with Rock Stars western themed game. I have no idea what it is, but I'm buying it.. The layout of the land and town was breathtaking.
It might be Red Dead Revolver 2. If you don´t know the first one I recommend you to rent it, great game. 👍

Hopefully, Vision isn't GT5. I'm hoping Vision is a better edition of GT4, and that the real goodies after that are saved for GT5.

None the less, the pits were beautiful.

VTGT07

Well it can't be. Killzone just had a dramatic change in graphics and to the looks some new functions. GT5, it's really not noticeably improved in graphics except slightly in the tracks and the pit crew. The cars look the same and I didn't see any new cars. But of course this is a sneak peek, nothing big.

I'll wager Vision is going to be a launch title, just so Sony can have their trademark racing series available from day 1 for the PS3. I'm not going to expect anything truly new or groundbreaking from Vision as of now, although internet play would be a very, very welcome feature. But there certainly isn'y going to be any lack of good games to play!

Back